Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 260 ]  [ Total: 260 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Showers and bathrooms
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: I have a confession - Im a Naturist! Topic Next Topic: Public or Private ?
Page: of 6

traisjames
Forum Member

Posted - 11/22/2008 :  7:50:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit traisjames's Homepage  Click to see traisjames's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Last year during may term my dorm of about 50 people went co-ed after like 90% serveyed in my dorm said they were ok with it. Each bathroom would be set as co-ed or guy/girls only. For example, when I went to the bathroom I would set it to "all is welcome", but if some guy who did not feel contrable with girls coming in, he would set it to "guys only"...though girls could not set the guys bathroom to girls only...so there will always be a bathroom for each sex open.
Our dorm is set up so the guys bathroom is on the first floor, and the girls on the second, and since I live on the first floor, I only went upstairs to use the bathtub, which was clogged. Now that we have a new RHD, the bathrooms got set to their original set up (though one of my female friends who lives downstairs still uses the guys bathroom at night). Now I am not even aloud to go out into the halls without a shirt on.

From the guy with his eye on the sky

Edited by - traisjames on 11/22/2008 7:51:28 PM

OldBaldGuy
Forum Member

Posted - 11/22/2008 :  7:59:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"...stalls separating the toilets but no doors..."

That reminds me of a barracks when I was in the military. One of the better ones too, most didn't even have partitions between the toilets...

OBG

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 11/22/2008 :  11:05:01 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
OldBaldGuy said:

"That reminds me of a barracks when I was in the military. One of the better ones too, most didn't even have partitions between the toilets..."

You should have joined the Air Force. We had a restroom that rivaled the best hotels with actual stalls.

Meanwhile back to mixed gender bathrooms and showers, or something like that, I am completely comfortable with the concept of co-ed showers and bathrooms, as long as stalls are included. It's odd that we see all other people nude at a resort, but forbid it that we should see each other in a restroom. There is an inconsistency in that. Where I go, they have co-ed showers, so why not co-ed bathrooms? Or perhaps 3 bathrooms -- women, men, and co-ed.

Do we, as nudists need to think this through some more? What is wrong, in theory, with mixed nudist gender bathrooms. Perhaps it's that some people feel more comfortable in separate restrooms. In the general public, I can see the logic of it, but at a nudist resort it seems a bit odd to have the bathrooms separated. Of course, there might be some laws that prohibit mixed-gender restrooms, but I would question the necessity of such laws for nudist resorts.

That government governs best, which governs least - Thomas Jefferson

TheMagicDucky
Forum Member

Posted - 11/23/2008 :  04:56:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have to agree with Warmskin on the difference in bathrooms between the Air Force and the Army. Makes me glad that when I was Army reserves....went active duty Air Force instead.

back to the discussion. Unisex showers don't bother me, but am glad the bathrooms are seperate. You have to admit that when..um....doing number 2, you can make some noise from that end (sorry..trying to be clean/serious about it). Not sure if I want a woman in the stall next to me while doing number 2. Not so much about being shy as it's just that there's some things I want some privacy for...that being one of them.

Just your average mallard.

amizade

Posted - 11/23/2008 :  12:27:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am just about getting ready for my first nudist experience with my boyfriend sometime next year... he is extremely positive about it, I'm still anxiously shy.

Still one thing that worries me a lot is the question of bathrooms in nude resorts and beaches. Are bathrooms separate or not?

La Vida #201;s Bella

Teva
Forum Member

Posted - 11/23/2008 :  2:03:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by amizade

I am just about getting ready for my first nudist experience with my boyfriend sometime next year... he is extremely positive about it, I'm still anxiously shy.

Still one thing that worries me a lot is the question of bathrooms in nude resorts and beaches. Are bathrooms separate or not?

La Vida #201;s Bella

It depends on where you go. Some are separate (men or women only) and some are unisex.
Teva

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 11/23/2008 :  2:53:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by amizade

La Vida #201;s Bella

You can call ahead, Amizade, and ask. Probably the best way to find out. As someone said above, it will differ from one resort to another.

As for MagicDucky's concerns, of course different people will have different thoughts on restrooms. That's why the ideal thing would be to have 3 restrooms so that everyone can choose their own style. I don't mind #2 if a woman is in the next stall; it's all the same thing no matter who we are. Perhaps the urinals could be partitioned off if their use is offensive to women. I guess my prefernece for unisex bathrooms indicates my feeling okay with a communal arrangement. Naturally, many people would not choose that sort of thing, and I fully respect that. As long as we use stalls with doors, it works for me.

Yes, MagicDucky, you made the correct choice -- Air Force!!! Hahaha You are an intelligent fellow in my book. Why go through the military in second class mode, when you can serve with first class living conditions?

n/a
deleted

Posted - 11/23/2008 :  5:42:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would not care to bathe or use the toilet in mixed company. It's not a matter of the nudity, it's a matter of privacy. Those are simply personal, private activities. If I were taking a bath in the tub at home, I would not want people traipsing in and out there either, nudist or not.

TheMagicDucky
Forum Member

Posted - 11/24/2008 :  05:13:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Amizade...as it was stated before, probablly one of the questions you might want to ask the resort/camp when setting up your visit. I would think most places, the bathrooms are seperate (at camp..the public restrooms are), but, obviously, the showers are not (being outdoors). Not sure about other places, but at our camp, there is one shower that is private. Actually 2, but the second is in the woman's restroom.

WarmSkin, my decision to go active duty AF instead of Army was more about career then living conditions. I went in Law Enforcement to see that when I got out, if it was a job I really wanted to do. Army...wouldn't be able to get garunteed(sp) LE, mostly combat MP's or "security". The living conditions was a bonus though, especialy seeing a friend's (who I went thru boot camp and AIT with) dorm room up at Ft Drum. 4 to a room. No carpetting, and communal bathrooms. While in the AF, we were 2 to a room, shared a bathroom/shower with the room next door, and, more "time off" to see things while stationed overseas. Loved the fact that I could just throw my civies in the car and just go and see historical points of interests, or hit the "nude" beach on my days off. We worked 6 on/3 off (except during war), so it was nice.

HappyDaz
Forum Member

Posted - 11/24/2008 :  08:00:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Honeysuckle, I agree with you. As a long-time nudist I'm well over any qualms about being seen nude. But some things are best kept private and bathroom functions are one of them. I've never been to a nudist facility/resort that didn't respect that need for privacy.

aaardvark
Forum Member

Posted - 11/24/2008 :  2:01:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here in New Zealand, I have visited several clubs. All of the showers are mixed-gender and some are open-plan. The toilets are unisex but with individual stalls. Besides the obvious reason that we are all nude anyway, unisex facilities makes sense from a logistical point of view as far as maintenance etc is concerned.
Inappropriate behaviour or a sexually charged atmosphere: In 20 plus years of being a nudist, I have yet to see it.

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 11/24/2008 :  5:37:40 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I am re-thinking about all the responses here about restrooms.

There has been mention about stalls, and of course, both types of restooms have stalls wherein you do your business. It is there we want our privacy, myself included. The part I am not getting is once you are in the stall, you have the privacy we all want. The main public area is wash basins, which mimic a shower room to small extent -- just the hands are washed. I guess I don't see the need for privacy in the wash-basin part of the restroom.

I can definitely see having a partition for men's urinals. Pehaps you are following my logic to a degree, or you are saying, "Warmksin's elevator does not go all the way to the top." Hahaha.

With getting down to "business" being fully private in a mixed restroom, and let's say urinals are partioned off, where is the lack of privacy? I ask that exploratively, and not argumentatively. If I were in a stall, and Queen Elizabeth walked in, I wouldn't do anything differently than if I were in men's room. Perhpas it might be about how we are conditioned in our life.

I can definitely see where our pre-conceptions of life in an average business-place would include using separate restooms, but in a nudist resort where we are all nude and more mature about bodies, it's difficult for me to see the other side of the discussion.

Maybe it's my own thoughts that are at fault here.

MagicDucky, looks like the USAF did well by you. What a difference, huh!! No Saturday morning inspections, and you could wear civvies after work. What a deal! I don't know I could have put up with WAFs in a co-ed restroom.

Bill Bowser
Forum Member

Posted - 11/24/2008 :  6:11:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This seems like a rather unusual topic for discussion here, but it is an issue I've thought about on occasion. I've always considered myself a rather shy guy, and attributed my desire for privacy when using the restroom a manifestation of that. Since we all have the same bodily functions and hygiene issues it seems curious that almost all of us prefer to have privacy in the restroom. I am unable to come up with a logical reason why we, as nudists, would feel that way. I suspect that it might be a product of our upbringing.

With regard to unisex showers, I must say that it was just a little bit unnerving the first time I found myself in the presence of a six year old girl while I was taking a shower at our local nude club. Obviously it didn't concern her at all, and after a moment's thought it didn't concern me either.

And if I may stray a little bit further from the topic, I recently had occasion to do a little research on the Internet on washlets, paperless toilets to put it in it's simplest terms. I thought it was interesting. More information is available at http://www.washlet.com for anyone who might be interested.

Bill

TheMagicDucky
Forum Member

Posted - 11/25/2008 :  05:19:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Warmskin..the bathrooms weren't co-ed. Glad they weren't actually, all that hair clogging the shower drain (ick). Unmentionables hanging from the shower curtain rod..etc. Bad enough having to deal with it from the wife. As far as unisex bathrooms...don't even like public bathrooms period. Doing #1 doesn't bother me, it's using them for #2. Wife feels the same way. If we do have to use the bathroom at camp...fortunately our camper is a short drive in the golf cart away. Just some things I want privacy for is all.

Side note..Warmskin...do you ever miss it? Being in the AF that is. I know I miss some aspects of it. Especially being stationed in England. Mainly hung out with a group of British bikers when I was over there. Also miss seeing the historical sites (old ruins and such), the pubs (much more of a laid back feeling then the bars in the states), etc.

GeeWilly
Forum Member

Posted - 12/17/2008 :  12:02:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Concur with honeysuckle. Personal hygiene is just that -a personal matter.

While neither performing bodily functions nor cleaning oneself immediately thereafter is in any way masturbation, any unintended similarities demand privacy. But a simple shower before entering a common hot tub or swimming pool should not require individual stalls.

The Washlet website is really intriguing. But should still be private.

Page: of 6 Previous Topic: I have a confession - Im a Naturist! Topic Next Topic: Public or Private ?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.21 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved