Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 281 ]  [ Total: 281 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Showers and bathrooms
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: I have a confession - Im a Naturist! Topic Next Topic: Public or Private ?
Page: of 6

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 12/17/2008 :  8:45:39 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry it took me so long to get back to you, MagicDucky, I didn't know I had a response.

If I'm in #2 mode, I believe I have all the privacy I need inside the stall, where I am surronded by four walls. I know that having a woman in the adjacent stall would bother perhaps most nudists. My thinking (?) dwells on the fact that the digestion tract is non-sexual, as is the function of a bladder. Of course, we want separation from others when we are relieving ourselves. I suppose it's just a matter of whether the outside doors or the stall doors are the point of needed separation. Probably, the outside doors to each respective restroom is favored by both.

I guess I'm comfortable with stall doors being the line of demarcation. Maybe that's a frontier that most people don't want to explore.

In a lot of way, I do miss the AF. Where else could you get up, go to the chow hall, and have breakfast for next to nothing. I loved my job I had with them, and we definitely did not work all 8 hours a day. If the commander only knew what we were up to!! You could truly see the world in the military, and the cost was on them. Free dental and medical. Not bad!

"If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy." James Madison

Edited by - Warmskin on 12/17/2008 8:47:04 PM

balataf
Forum Member

Posted - 12/18/2008 :  05:32:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit balataf's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Really, so far, this thread has all been about bathrooms in institutional settings only.

I grew up with my Parents and a Sister, altho when I was a teenager, we also had her young Son. During those years we had a completely open bathroom policy. This ws accentuated by the fact that several of us, most notably my Father, would soak in the tub for up to two hours, reading while whoever needed to use the facilities did so. This open pattern was adopted by my Wife and continued as we raised two Sons (now grown.) While my older Son's Wife knows of our nude existance, weather permitting, she has not joined in herself, altho she has not shied away from seeing my Wife and Myself at times.

olwino1
Forum Member

Posted - 12/18/2008 :  11:13:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The hot springs spa I go to here in California has two showers outside where people just shower quickly before entering the pools . This is done to shower off any oils and creams so not to spoil the clean waters . There are also two showers behind cafe doors for those that want more privacy . As far as toilets go ... all are behind closed doors and who would not want it any other way .

tigerlady45
Forum Member

Posted - 12/20/2008 :  09:18:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My husband and I belong to Turtle Lake Resort in MI and we have both co-ed and seperate bathroom areas. We have outdoor showers for a quick rinse off before getting into the conversation pool or a quick cool down in summer. In the club house we have 2 bathroom areas, one has co-ed showers and the other has stalls with curtains. For the toilets one bath area is for women and the other one for men. We do not see the problem in showering together, most people come in and say how are ya and do their business.

smoothy
Forum Member

Posted - 12/20/2008 :  2:42:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My first experience at a nudist resort was in Rhode island. I cannot remember the name of it now. I was taking a shower getting ready to go home. I had not thought about it, but the shower was an open area with several shower heads. I was all lathered up and feeling good when two young women came in and started to shower. We had a nice conversation while we showered and then left. If someone had told me I would be taking a shower with strange women before that I would have thought they were crazy. Now it seems normal. Maybe because it should be normal.

bnbngeorgia
Forum Member

Posted - 12/30/2008 :  12:02:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The nudist camps we've been to all had coed showers and unisex toilets. The toilets were private stalls, which took care of the privacy issue. The first time in the showers felt a bit unusual but was no problem for either of us -- just wash what needs washing, but don't linger!

Outside the USA, a lot of things are different -- in positive ways for the most part. Nudist areas, for instance. One eye-opener was when traveling to South Korea. All of the public restrooms we encountered are unisex. Toilets all had doors on the stalls, but there were urinals for men. Women walked by men at the urinals to reach the stalls and there was no issue. It's all what you get accustomed to!

traisjames
Forum Member

Posted - 01/15/2009 :  10:10:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit traisjames's Homepage  Click to see traisjames's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
If I am going I don't really care if there are stalls or not...everyone goes at somepoint, its natural.

From the guy with his eye on the sky

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 01/16/2009 :  01:06:35 AM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I have to agree that any type of co-ed bathrooms, whether showers only or complete co-ed bathrooms, it did feel strange on the first use of them. Before going to nudist resorts, I obviously wan't used to strange women using the showering area when I was there. However, I got used to is right away once the novelty of it wore off. Everyone was in the shower for one reason; to clean off their skin, whether it be to get off the chlorine from the pools or tubs, or to get clean before going into the same. Give yourself a chance, and you can get used to anything that is not harmful. Even going to a nudist resort the first time takes some mental adjustments, and so it goes for any type of co-ed showers with or without co-ed toilet facilities.

Commerce with all nations, alliance with none, should be our motto."
Thomas Jefferson

LanceAt- -
Forum Member

Posted - 01/19/2009 :  10:19:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Warmskin, above, said it all, really.

- - has coed showers, and I think they're appropriate. People are simply showering. Big deal!

As to coed toilets, I've never used them. That would take some getting used to, but, again, big deal, really.

People have bodily functions, right? So, what's the mystery? There is none. You can get used to coed bathrooms if need be ... quickly and effectively.

Peace.

capecodjack
Forum Member

Posted - 01/19/2009 :  11:13:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I remember a cruise in the Virgin Islands in the 80s. My wife went to shower in a marina in Tortola and was surprised when she was joined by 2 younger women from another boat. They said "Hi" and proceeded to disrobe and join her in the shower. She went with flow and had her shower and marveled at their unconcern with the circumstances and said it didn't bother her. I'm still hoping to get her to visit the local naturist venue. Many years ago before Castro was the leader in Cuba I was on a cruise with the US Naval Reserve to Cuba. On the waterfront most of the watering holes near the waterfront were dives. We used to call them "buckets of blood". Their facilities were unisex to the 9th degree. It was usually a large romm with a hole in the floor next to the wall and everyone was in there together

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 01/20/2009 :  01:23:24 AM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
One could approach all this from yet another angle. I'm not sure if this is valid or not, so please correct me if it is.

I offer two choices, although quite unusual when paired together.

• One would be a nudist resort, where there is a fully co-ed bathroom, showers, stalls, and all.

• The other choice (although it is for military only) would be separate men's and women's bathrooms, except with no stall walls -- that's what some military bathrooms can be like (except in the Air Force, of course).

Which one would you choose to use? It's an interesting choice, and mind game.

Whenever a man has cast a longing eye on offices, a rottenness begins in his conduct.
Thomas Jefferson

LanceAt- -
Forum Member

Posted - 01/20/2009 :  3:16:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To warmskin:

Interesting set of options. I'd go for the former every time. Gimme the nudist resort!

Yours truly was discharged from the U.S. Marine Corps in August of 1975. I remember that baloney with no stalls and all. Forget about it! That was sufficient and necessary then ... when we were all young, macho and full of ourselves. In the mellowness of middle age, who needs it!

How about that? Peace.

Frank2233
Forum Member

Posted - 01/21/2009 :  10:20:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
First time at a nudist resort, I same holds true. out door showers and bathroom behind stall doors for privacy, took my wife longer then myself to take a shower with outhers after the end of the week she was just as open as I to shower in the open with others.

HabaneroSting
Forum Member

Posted - 01/23/2009 :  07:29:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit HabaneroSting's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Open showering seems to be generally acceptable to most people when they get used to it. Using the bathroom is typically a private act and not a matter of being nude with most people, so stall doors are typically desired.

Naturist Blog

robroy560
Forum Member

Posted - 01/23/2009 :  1:03:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When you have to go you have to go. I personally have no issue with unisex restrooms, although I never used one. The closest experience I had was standing at a urinal doing my business when a female janitor came in. She got started and I told her it's ok. We both have business to take care of.

I can see people being okay urinating in a restroom without a stall. But defecating is something most of us would like a little more privacy with - no matter where we are.

As far as showering, my wife and I first showered in front of strangers of both sexes at Haulover. We had no problem; you just saw the same people naked on the beach.

quote:
Originally posted by HabaneroSting

Open showering seems to be generally acceptable to most people when they get used to it. Using the bathroom is typically a private act and not a matter of being nude with most people, so stall doors are typically desired.

Naturist Blog

Page: of 6 Previous Topic: I have a confession - Im a Naturist! Topic Next Topic: Public or Private ?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.18 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved