Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 261 ]  [ Total: 261 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 I have a confession - I'm a Naturist!
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Feet! Topic Next Topic: Showers and bathrooms
Page: of 2

Spontanudity
Forum Member

Posted - 10/24/2003 :  11:07:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Spontanudity's Homepage  Click to see Spontanudity's MSN Messenger address  Send Spontanudity a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Most of my friends and work colleagues are aware I'm a naturist, though I don't generally make a point of it. If the topic is raised I have no problem telling people I frequent nude beaches and resorts.

Who knows that you're a naturist? Do you tell your family? Friends? Work Colleagues?

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 10/25/2003 :  08:13:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I try to let people get to know me a little bit before I let them know that I'd rather skinny-dip than wear a swimsuit. My next comment after that is I am a nudist/naturist; that when you disrobe you lose the anxiety, tension and relax. Whenever I am complimented on the way I look for my age, I attribute it to knowing how to destress.

My family knows as does the religious leader of our congregation. I am on the board of the synagogue sisterhood; they all know. My co-workers know as does my boss.

My husband says I scare him sometimes as I often will steer a conversation to reveal my lifestyle. I just happen to be a nudist as I live my life.

:) Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Edited by - Cheri on 10/25/2003 08:16:13 AM

bornnude
Forum Member

Posted - 10/25/2003 :  09:25:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cheri wrote:
"that when you disrobe you lose the anxiety, tension and relax"

I can't agree with you more. I was diagnosed with Rhumatoid Arthritis several years ago, One of the triggers for an attack is stress. Your body's immune system is too strong and starts attacking itself.

While on a business trip to Florida prior to being diagnosed, I had a free weekend and spent a few hours at Playlinda. I suddenly noticed the amount of ibuproffin that I needed to feel normal decreased dramatically for over a week.

Maybe the doctors should perscribe nudity rather than the standard immunosuppressant drugs.

BornNude

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 10/25/2003 :  12:53:38 PM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Most of my friends know that I am a nudist/naturist, some are agasp, some think it is great and wish they had the nerve to try it, and I have convinced others to try it. People that I know that are against nudism, I do not bother discussing it with them. Some people feel that it is just plain wierd. My family, knows that I am a nudist and feels that it is okay. I agree that it is less stressful being a nudist/naturist, I feel better about myself, I feel more free with nature, and generally just more happy. I feel that nudism is healthy for both the body and soul.

Kim =^.^=

tucsonnude
Forum Member

Posted - 10/25/2003 :  9:55:11 PM  Show Profile  Click to see tucsonnude's MSN Messenger address  Send tucsonnude a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I am the only person in my family that is a naturist. The only people who know I am a naturist are others who do the same. I am certainly not ashamed about being a naturist/nudist. Just that people don't need to know my business. I am a private person so feel that way about other things about me. I am positive in my love for nudism and I too do what I can to promote it in a positive way

nudinono
Forum Member

Posted - 10/25/2003 :  11:21:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cheri,I realize it's easy for you to tell people now (you've a nudist for over 35 years).What was it like in the beginning (telling your family/friends) that you were/wanted to become a nudist?

Spontanudity
Forum Member

Posted - 10/25/2003 :  11:44:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Spontanudity's Homepage  Click to see Spontanudity's MSN Messenger address  Send Spontanudity a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I've been a naturist for about 14 years now and have not had any trouble telling people about my lifestyle. I became a naturist when I was quite young, around 13-14. I think initially it was quite difficult telling my school friends about it but in the end I can't hide who i am, so I just did it!

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 10/26/2003 :  12:00:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nudinono, That's a long time ago to exactly remember. I think I may have been reluctant to talk to people about it, but have more than made up for it since 1990...I even held an elected postion when I lived in Oklahoma. I'm sorry I can give you a better answer.

:) Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Spontanudity
Forum Member

Posted - 10/28/2003 :  06:32:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Spontanudity's Homepage  Click to see Spontanudity's MSN Messenger address  Send Spontanudity a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Cheri, reading your bio' is amazing. I think you're a real credit to the naturist movement worldwide.

I think most people are quite conservative about naturism at first, but it simply becomes so natural, that you don't even know you're being open about it.

n/a
deleted

Posted - 04/12/2012 :  10:27:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I find it might be more commonly done by people than we think, I brought up playing strip poker to a male freind which led to discussing being nude around others which led to him admitting he has gone to local nude beach etc now we both know we enjoy nudism but never knew it before being people in general are just too afraid to treat it so normally that they can not just bring it up in everyday conversation.

4reoftxtle56
Forum Member

Posted - 04/12/2012 :  11:27:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been a nudist for several years but unfortunately only at home. None of family or friends know about my being a nudist. I am not ashamed but cautious. Due to my involvement with our church I do not need to negative publicity it would bring. I would love for someone else to bring up the subject to see where it goes. I would not mind admitting my love for nudity if I knew it is with people I could trust. It would also be great knowing other nudist in my area who would willing to relax the way we all came into this world. I did in fact visit a resort last year and found it very relaxing and very comfortable being nude around others.

n/a
deleted

Posted - 04/12/2012 :  11:29:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That last comment only supports why nudism and religion do not mix being most religious types etc do not accept others that openly. Which is why I do not go to church....

Bill Bowser
Forum Member

Posted - 04/12/2012 :  5:20:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It seems to me that if the people who attend your church are bigots who might ostracize you because you prefer to be nude then you are attending the wrong church, but what do I know?

Bill Bowser - Cincinnati

Nudists are everywhere, but they're hard to identify with their clothes on.

blavan
Forum Member

Posted - 04/23/2012 :  10:37:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We also experienced major problems at our previous church when it was discovered that we visit nudist resorts and clothing optional beaches. We changed churches. Now our church pastor, many members and some co-workers know that we are naturists and it does not matter to them.
Nudism is about freedom. Freedom to worship, being able to think freely, and freedom to be nude are all spiritually linked and important. Everyone has to personally decide when they will be truly free and not in fear of others being in judgement of their nudism/naturism.

Being Naked and Being Real

Bob Knows
Forum Member

Posted - 04/23/2012 :  3:47:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pagan "churches" are all accepting of nudity and many practice religious services or rites naked.

4reoftxtle56
Forum Member

Posted - 04/24/2012 :  09:11:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is not only "Church" people who judge someone's love of nudity. We all know people in general are against nudity for many different reasons. With that being said does it mean we are in the "Wrong World" and maybe we should quit!

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Feet! Topic Next Topic: Showers and bathrooms  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.39 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved