Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 422 ]  [ Total: 422 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Men - From the Male Point of View
 Unwanted Erection
 Where do you stand on Male Arousal?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Topic Next Topic: Random-long towell
Page: of 67

NaturistArt

Posted - 09/14/2007 :  3:27:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have always believed that there is nothing shameful about anything in nature. It was all created by God, so what is wrong with it? I believe that nudists should not be ashamed of their bodies, or bodily functions. Like people everywhere we are all hypocrits. I knew a prostitute who got all upset because she thought I was in my underwear. They were short shorts. And when we had a private party, she went breserk because a friend asked me to show my dick. As long as someone is not deliberately trying to bother someone with sex that is not interested, or around children - it shouldn't bother anyone. We have tried to seperate nudity from sex, because sex is considered sinful. So we do it in secret like hipocrits. Sex is not a sin as long as you have a committed relationship with one person of the opposite sex as God intended. If a woman causes you to have an erection that is good. I met my second wife at Glen Eden and we danced nude. I had an erection as we danced. Was that wrong? I was very happy. I had not had one since before my first wife died. If I saw someone else in the same situation I would say right on! As long as he is not dancing with my girl!

Art Douglas

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 09/14/2007 :  4:26:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Art, While dancing close to your partner, only she knew you had an erection. Had you been walking around with it, you would have been spoken to. I've been to Glen Eden a few times. No, sex isn't a sin, but it's not something to be displayed at a family-friendly, G-rated venue.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Sally
Forum Member

Posted - 09/17/2007 :  01:18:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cheri,

Correct me IF I'm mistaken, but weren't you the one who admonished a young lady and her dance partner because he had gotten an erection while they were slow dancing and other then continuing to remain on the dance floor did nothing about it?

It also seems that in another posting on erections that you left out the lady that YOU said you witnessed, assaulting a man by walking over to him and "thunking" him on his penis because he didn't cover-up, rollover, or what have you, fast enough for her liking?

As has been said before, if a a penis isn't yours or someone with whom you are intimate with, then you DO NOT have the right to touch, thunk it, or handle it in anyway. To do so opens not only yourself, BUT the club, beach, pool, resort or what have to a lawsuit for at the very least assault, IF not for mental anguish.

Also as has been said before a person should be judge on their actions while with an erection rather then on their having an erection. Or to paraphrase Freud, "sometimes an erection is just an erection" and there is no ill intent behind it.

Sally

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 09/17/2007 :  1:00:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sally

Cheri,

Correct me IF I'm mistaken, but weren't you the one who admonished a young lady and her dance partner because he had gotten an erection while they were slow dancing and other then continuing to remain on the dance floor did nothing about it?

It also seems that in another posting on erections that you left out the lady that YOU said you witnessed, assaulting a man by walking over to him and "thunking" him on his penis because he didn't cover-up, rollover, or what have you, fast enough for her liking?

As has been said before, if a a penis isn't yours or someone with whom you are intimate with, then you DO NOT have the right to touch, thunk it, or handle it in anyway. To do so opens not only yourself, BUT the club, beach, pool, resort or what have to a lawsuit for at the very least assault, IF not for mental anguish.

Also as has been said before a person should be judge on their actions while with an erection rather then on their having an erection. Or to paraphrase Freud, "sometimes an erection is just an erection" and there is no ill intent behind it.

Sally

Sally,
I don't remember posting that it was me who witnessed any erection at a dance.

It was a female club OWNER at HER club, just not a lady member who thunked the offending member. It's her private property. I was just reporting it.

How about it if we let this thread die an
(un)natural death?!!
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

beachnudist
Forum Member

Posted - 09/17/2007 :  3:18:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This will never die. There will always be somebody wanting to keep it up

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 09/17/2007 :  6:09:34 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I vote to lock the thread.

Diger

Sally
Forum Member

Posted - 09/18/2007 :  03:59:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cheri, sorry I was referring to two different posts that you'd made. In my referring to the young lady who was at a dance at Cape d'ago. She had mentioned that while on the dance floor dancing a slow dance with a male friend of hers, that he became erect. And neither had done anything about it. And you had stated that IF that had happened at a club here in the states he'd been asked to leave.

quote:
It was a female club OWNER at HER club, just not a lady member who thunked the offending member. It's her private property. I was just reporting it.

In the second case I would have to say that even with her being the club/property owner that that still didn't give her the right to assault another person.

She should/could have approached him, and asked him either cover-up, or to turn over. IF he refused to do as requested she should have asked him to leave. And again IF he refused to do so she should/could have called the police and have him arrested. But under no circumstances should she have laid hands on him, or assault him.

To do so leaves her open to arrest as well as being sued by the person she assaulted. Especially considering that she is the club/property owner, as she has an obligation to provide for the safety of ALL visitors/guests to her club/property. Whether they're behaving themselves or they are misbehaving themselves.

Again the bottom line as has been said before is that unless the penis in question is yours or you are on intimate terms with it's owner you DO NOT EVER have the right to touch, thunk, or otherwise assault it, or it's owner. It is HER actions and not those of the occasional male with an erection that will ultimately hurt nudism here in the US.

Sally

Edited by - Sally on 09/18/2007 04:09:57 AM

CMx2
Forum Member

Posted - 09/18/2007 :  07:49:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Diger

I vote to lock the thread.

Diger

+1

Maybe leave one thread open for those pro-boner guys that need a place for release.

I think for the rest of us though, Its probably unanimous that one thread on this topic is more than enough.

Edited by - CMx2 on 09/18/2007 08:05:51 AM

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 10/03/2007 :  8:48:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have unlocked this topic again.

It should remain unlocked, unless a LARGE majority of members agree it should be locked forever, for everyone.

Either we decide this topic is NOT TO BE DISCUSSED IN THIS OPEN FORUM EVER AGAIN, or we allow it to continue.

It seems to me, the number one question I've seen on men's minds when invited to enjoy nudism, is exactly this concern. Discussion is needed. The question is, if allowed, would we rather have all of it in ONE place, or scattered around the site?

We are interested in opposing views, and respect them. Here's a new topic to discuss whether this forum should host mature discussions regarding unwanted erections.

[Any personal attacks on our Moderators or anyone else will not be tolerated, of course. You can still be supportive when making a difficult point. If you must call someone out for something they posted, a link would be helpful to minimize misunderstandings.]

I'd like to thank those that have posted well thought-out comments here.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 10/03/2007 :  9:59:10 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I agree it is a major concern to a first time nudist, I had the same concern many years ago. The only problem I have with this topic is people that just argue for arguing sake and try to get a rise out of the rest of us. (Pun intended)

They won't listen to the voice of experience, that it's just not going to be a problem. Even if it happens just be respectful of others till it passes.

Diger

fhbh

Posted - 10/04/2007 :  07:21:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We agree with Diger, that was a big concern for my partner and after reading the posts,we learned alot. Sometimes I think new people don't know how to ask a question for fear of being ridiculed. Personally (and I am a female speaking) and my partner agrees, male arousal is not offensive to me unless it is acted upon, it is natural and I believe it is how people react to it, if it offends you, don't look. So far we have not seen a big problem with this so may not have enough expeirence to say.

StreakingSkater
Forum Member

Posted - 10/14/2007 :  4:36:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fhbh

We agree with Diger, that was a big concern for my partner and after reading the posts,we learned alot. Sometimes I think new people don't know how to ask a question for fear of being ridiculed. Personally (and I am a female speaking) and my partner agrees, male arousal is not offensive to me unless it is acted upon, it is natural and I believe it is how people react to it, if it offends you, don't look. So far we have not seen a big problem with this so may not have enough expeirence to say.

You summerize it nicely, I am a male, it does not offend me, if it did the ball would be in my court not to look. Sexuality and erections are a normal part of the human condition, people need to get over it.

Cheers.

oxybelis
Forum Member

Posted - 10/30/2007 :  7:05:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This Forum thread became locked on 9/18/07, apparently because there weren't enough different points of view or contributors to the topic. That occurred during the week when I discovered the topic and took the time over several days to read all 58 pages! Though it was locked before I could respond, I asked the administrator to unlock it, but since then I found that the topic was also available in other Forum headings. Now that it is unlocked again, I guess I'll reply here, since most of the comments are referenced from here, but I may make references to comments posted under the same topic in related Forums.

I didn't think I saw in any of the threads that I read, a viewpoint from someone who has actually been asked to leave one or more of these facilities - mostly for the reason of simply having an erection, so I thought the Forum audience would be interested in hearing my comments based on that perspective.
Let me thank you here for your interest in my opinion on this topic. It took a lot of computer lab time over multiple days to read and then compile it. The delay was primarily due to encountering libraries with limited computer time and days where this website was flipping page screens too slowly. I think the time was worthwhile because my freedom to enjoy a nudist recreation lifestyle is at stake.

A little background on me - I'm a pretty sociable guy and a pretty good volleyball player. I usually play in the 'B' division. It took me a long time to even take my shirt off in public as a high schooler, but when I got more muscle tone from working out, it encouraged me to continue with the weights and eventually I became more confident about displaying my upper body, and it took even a longer time to display the rest of it, but the premise was that I was in the gym locker on a regular basis anyway, it was just a matter of transferring the nudity to outdoors. But I integrate in many ways socially - I can talk about a lot of topics over meals or in the whirlpool and also enjoy other activities like tennis, basketball, bocci and swimming. But I also like to be by myself at times to read, do recreational computing and nap. I've already met many of you at these same campgrounds. I'm not hard to spot - I'm not trying to sound arrogant, but I'm one of the three or four guys in camp without the giant belly. Just being demographically factual.

From my profile:

Experienced up to 25 campgrounds since 1992, approx. 2/3 of those AANR member. Natural places resume includes Baker Beach, CA, Western MI, Cape Cod, MA, Oka Park, QB, Huntington River, VT, Fire Island, NY, Sandy Hook, NJ, Apollo, Playalinda & Haulover Beaches, FL, Lake Travis ("Hippie Hollow"), TX, and Lower Wisc. River ("Mazo Beach"), WI.

Forum: Nudist Men - From The Male Point Of View/Unwanted Erection/Where Do You Stand On Male Arousal

p.55 Pete Knight wrote:
[Acceptance of the possibility that an erection can take place is one thing, changing the rules to allow erections is something else entirely, and that is what you appear to be pushing for, as I have stated, it is not acceptable to flaunt an erection, so anyone who becomes erect and fails to use discretion should be shown the door, in other words, if they become erect and walk around with it, or touch it, they have only themselves to blame for the outcome.

I'm a man and I can manage to do the right thing, so why can't all the other men?

Why would you want to allow men to openly display erections anyway?]

and

Forum: Frequently Asked Questions/Do You Have A Question Not Covered Here?/Nudist Problem - Unwanted Erections

p.10, asmodee wrote:
[Still, there is not a single supporting reason why it is harmless or why it should be allowable.]

Some campers regard an erection as a rare occasion. But I'm trying to be the voice of the many leaner, athletic or younger men who won't visit a nudist campground out of fear. And I think we've all noticed that there is a huge absence of younger adults in the campgrounds. I'm trying to say that erections are not only not unusual, but they may happen for a significant percentage of time spent at a campground for some people in this demographic. When I went to the campground to play in a volleyball tournament, you are expected to practice with your team at 9 AM and throughout the day at least til 4 PM, and if you like volleyball as I do, well they have courts on sand, grass and even lighted ones on concrete where you can play after dark - that's a long time to be involved in activities to go without having an erection, so its time will likely happen. But if the guy is new to nudity, or if it's a warm and humid day, or if the games are especially competitive with a lot of running and jumping involved, the erection can last over a period as long as two or more volleyball games! In these individuals, if they have to wear shorts all the time for supposedly being polite to cover themselves up, what's the point of having a nude campground? I might as well go play at the textile tournament. Besides, I learned that some camps REQUIRE nudity during tournaments! One may say, well, that's an uncommon individual, but I'm saying, that's because the numerous guys who are affected won't show up at the camp! If these leaner, athletic or younger guys did attend, you would likely see lots of long lasting or more frequent erections.

Forum: Nudist Men - From The Male Point Of View/Unwanted Erection/Where Do You Stand On Male Arousal

p.55 Pete Knight wrote:

[IF on the other hand they are going around and proudly showing off their erection or arousal for all of the world to see then yes say something to them or have them removed.]

I keep seeing the words "flaunt" or "showing off" and those need to be defined or understood. Let's explore some scenarios. There are many. Are you saying that flaunting it is any time an erection occurs without making an effort to cover it up? If you're on a treadmill running at a brisk pace or on a 5k run, it's unlikely a towel will even stay on. Is this flaunting? Is lying on a lounge chair or towel while sunbathing, napping or reading a magazine flaunting? How about reading while standing up and sipping a drink by the pool ladder? How about in the buffet line? If someone is calling attention to it while walking by people at camp ("Hey check out this here!"), should this individual be removed? Nah. I would complain about the noise of loud voices being disturbing, not the way he's hanging as he saunters by. The word I don't recall seeing in this Forum is "obnoxious". No you don't have the right to complain about the way someone hangs - it's just a body part, and it would be the same if the guy(s) would be flexing their biceps as they walked around the camp - sure they have a right to do that - but it may come across as obnoxious. The only time to complain to management when they are sporting an erection or flexing their biceps is when they are also either carrying a loud boom box or throwing a football too close to where you are sunbathing on your towel. Complain about the noise or activities disrupting you, not the way they look. Yelling may be free speech, but it doesn't make it less annoying. There are disorderly conduct rules in most towns. The body part needs to be separated from the misbehavior. If the guy isn't stroking it, it's not a misbehavior. And it's not a misbehavior if he is stroking it - in an appropriate place, such as a shower or applying lotion briefly at his towel.

We've seen enough Dohanue, Geraldo and Springer talk shows to understand that while radical people like neo-Nazis may be dispicable, they have the right to free speech and to march in an organized, non-violent way.

Forum: Nude Beaches and Public Lands/Nudism Places/Most Popular Nude Beaches/Haulover Nude Beach - Miami, Florida

p.2, Chillum143 wrote:

[My name is Jay and Im in Plantation area. Im down here just for the summer. I've never been to a nude beach before, but I really want to try Haulover Beach. I have a fear that my first time Im going to get an erection and that might be rude to some people. Can I know how you guys have dealt with it and could you please let me know some of your first-time stories.]

Although it isn't clear how old Jay is, this comment shows that there is this fear in first timers about trying nudity especially for the reason of reactions to erections.There is discussion in the N Magazine Winter 2006 26.2 edition p.2-4 about the graying of naturism and how to attract younger adults and students. The discussion raises questions about whether lowering the price of a m'ship to the Naturist Society would help draw in younger members and what activities might attract them. One letter pointed out that college students aren't interested in playing shuffleboard, but that if they are into nudity already, it's usually at a beach or isolated park where they can be relatively alone. I would be curious to see any responses on surveys in which fear of getting an erection is a prime concern and reason for not visiting a nudist campground. I had a great time at a campground with my volleyball tournament and I mentioned it to my textile volleyball friends but they are afraid to visit especially for the erection reason. And though I tried to ease their fears, I spoke too soon. Because the following season, I was asked to leave this same resort for that reason, on a non-tournament weekend. I've learned first hand that their fears are founded. The message I'm getting from management at many of these clubs is that you better display impotence at all times, or you're not welcome. I think the future of the nudist movement is in jeopardy if young people are afraid to visit the campgrounds for this reason. And there are forum members who have voiced this concern on this website.

Forum: Frequently Asked Questions/Do You Have A Question Not Covered Here?/Nudist Problem - Unwanted Erections

P.9, Cheri wrote:
[it's offensive to me as a woman and a person.]

I think we better define what "offensive" means here. If offensive means something you don't like to see, I might be offended by giant bellies or cellulite, but I don't tell those who display it that they need to hide it or leave the park. Insisting I cover up something on my body at a nudist setting shows a disrespect for my feelings.

p.50 Digital Cowboy wrote:
[I am sure that there are MANY men out there who while at a dance in the “textile” world have also had an erection while dancing close to a woman. Just because a man has an erection is NO reason to expel a person.]
I agree.

I can't find the quote, but somebody commented that erections have no purpose in social nudity. Maybe he/she should think that over - it could be handy as an extra appendage in volleyball, or handy for carrying donuts to the diner when your hands are full! But seriously, it should be ignored as an elbow is. The only time I am concerned about either one of those parts is when they accidentally bump into me or into my mashed potatoes at dinner time.

p.52, CMx2 wrote:
[From my own personal experience I'd have to say that other than morning or sleeping erections, 99% of erections are caused by sexual thoughts.]

This may be true in his case, but it doesn't mean it's true for everyone. I found out I am highly responsive to the stimulation of a warm shower or whirlpool and I can be reading a magazine article about politics, crime or insurance while in the whirlpool, it doesn't matter, because I'm physically responsive to the warm water action. And it often only takes a minute for the response time. I am also responsive to being active while unrestrained by clothing, due to the flopping motion, etc., so I often appear aroused while I'm playing sports. Environmental temperature and its effects on my body temperature also play a significant role in maintaining, if not causing erections. An erection is likely to be achieved when the body is first warming up due to sunshine, warmth or getting into a sauna. However, if you get overheated, it can cause the erection to go away, and that's when taking a cool shower can revive it. There is another important reason that promotes erections which is less tangible. An erection is a symbol not only that you're feeling well physically, but also that you're relaxed and/or having a good time. It definitely helps that in a volleyball game, we are playing well as a team and enjoy each other's company. If you want to see my "junk" shrink, put me on the losing team!

p.53, Cookie wrote:

[I just don't believe that we have 53 pages of this bull ----!

Isn't there another subject we could talk about, such as some nice restaurants in the area where a nudist resort/camp my reside.]

Sorry, Cookie, but unless you're going by yourself or with other women, until this is resolved, many men won't be allowed to go to a nudist restaurant, so this topic is priority!

p.7, Toasted wrote:
[You mentioned you don't have children yet, but pretend for a moment you do... it is 15 years from now and you take your wife and 13 year old daughter to a nudist resort you have been to several times...

There is a man there who is setting up the movie projector whom you never seen before... he is nude of course and your daughter (also nude) walks up to him and asks questions about what movie will be shown and what time it starts... and where to get some popcorn...

The man begins to answer her (without any "bad" thoughts whatsoever) and the wind changes direction... causing him to slowly get an erection... he doesn't "hide it" or "cover it up" because it is his right to be "totally free" and complete with nature...

The erection is *totally innocent* but you don't know that...

You are watching this take place from a short distance away and before you know what is going on, the man is standing there, fully erect, in front of your 13 year old daughter...

You approach them and he senses you are upset... he explains that the "wind changed direction" which is why he became erect...

How would you feel? What would you do?

That is what we are saying here... the reasons for erections do not matter at all... we all agree that men get erections. Period.

But wouldn't you have appreciated it greatly if the man had attempted to at least "hide" or "cover up" his erection?

Of course you would; if not for you, at least for your teen-aged daughter...]

I personally am not in favor of children joining adults in a social nudist environment, but that's because in my upbringing, it wasn't done. I don't think I would have been comfortable as a young child being around grown-ups unclothed, but I understand that many families are ok with it. I'm kind of assuming that there was good training/upbringing among the children of nudist families, so that they would be informed about the many different kinds of races, body parts and medical conditions that they might expect to encounter at the clubs. That said, I don't think it would be necessary for this man to cover up for the 13-year old girl. No line is crossed until the guy touches this girl inappropriately. I think most camps are generally supervised or else kids would be doing activities at least within earshot of an adult, in case they were chased down by a pedophile. Most of the activities seem to radiate from a central area, like a dining hall or swimming pool. If it is a larger facility, the children should be told to stay off of the hiking trails unless accompanied by an adult. Even then, we've seen how supposedly trustworthy adults such as priests, have been accused of abuse. As in any setting, supervise your children. If you feel your child is having too long a conversation with an adult, politely come up to them and ask if you can help with a situation. If you feel uncomfortable about a person, simply call your child away from them. I tend to feel uncomfortable being nude around small children, especially if we're playing horseshoes - their aim hasn't been greatly developed yet! But seriously, any guy who uses a busy YMCA where the men and boys use the same locker rooms are likely used to being nude in tight aisle spaces together with males of all ages, so I think that kind of situation is accepted.

For those that say that guys like me belong at a non-family campground, I am aware that there are different types of camps. I have been to ones for adults only and ones for males only. The problem with the 1st category is that they may have restrictions on which days singles can visit, and the problem with the 2nd category is that in general their idea of nude recreation is smoking while sitting on a towel. And because of their limited numbers, neither of those kinds of camps are as convenient to get to as the co-ed camps.

p. 11 Stuffed Tiger Wrote:
[You will also find it much easier to control when nude than when clothed. Being nude puts you more in touch with your body, and that increases your control over your body. Also, you will stop seeing other people as fantasy sex objects and more as real people, and that will increase your control.]

I strongly disagree but I can only speak for myself. When I am unrestrained, every step I take reminds me of my gender as parts that were previously restrained are now flopping against my leg. It's a good feeling to be unrestrained, but the movement physically promotes erections in some cases, especially when you don't have occasion to be nude too often. If you are attracted to someone physically to begin with, it may not matter if they are clothed or unclothed, but my hunch is that if you are partial to a certain body part, and that part is revealed, it will not increase your control.

p.10, asmodee wrote:

[It is not acceptable in public to walk around with an erection, even in the textile world. Why would it suddenly become acceptable because everyone is nude?]

It's not whether it's textile or nude, it's the circumstances. I don't leave a volleyball game in the textile world if I appear to be sporting an erection noticeably in my shorts and I don't expect to have to sit out or leave a nudist camp if I sport one without shorts. It goes away. It may take a couple games, but it goes away. If I have a sudden erection from the friction of walking in my office while wearing soft underwear, or whatever, and I stand beside my boss' desk while he reviews my sales draft, it's not an issue, because we're focused on our work. If he did notice, WHO CARES!! What am I gonna do, tell him I can't show him my proposal now, I have to um, er, um go potty? We're both guys, we know what it is, he's not going to say anything, if he's professional. Besides, any comment nowadays and he can be subject to a harassment suit.

p.55 Sally wrote:
[Exactly, that is what not only myself but others have been trying to say. That it is one’s actions that one should be judged on and not the fact that they have gotten erect, or aroused and that just because one starts to become aroused. Should not be grounds for immediate dismissal, rather their actions while in such a state. And being as you have admitted to becoming either semi-erect or even erect while dozing or napping in the sun that nothing needs to be done about any other man who maybe napping or dozing in the sun and who becomes either semi or fully erect doesn’t need anything done or said to them?

And as I have said before I have had to ask a number of my girlfriends to leave a party or other gathering because they were the ones making too big of a deal over some guy who was either semi-erect or fully erect but who was not themselves misbehaving. But according to some around here it is the guy who should have been asked to leave, simply because he was either semi, or fully erect. And that is wrong, as whomever is the one who is misbehaving or making a nuisance out of themselves are the ones who need to be removed, or asked to leave.

As I have said before I have had to on plenty of occasion had to ask girlfriends to leave a party or other gathering because THEY were the ones who were making way too a big deal out of some guy with as you say stirrings or was laying on a lounge chair, or towel, or blanket napping and had an erection. And I am sure that all of you anti-erection people will say that I asked the wrong person to leave. But everyone including the person experiencing the erection or arousal thanked me for asking the scene maker to leave. And the party got back to normal and the person with either the erection or arousal also returned to normal.

Exactly, you and the anti-erection crowd keep saying that nudism and nudity isn’t about sex, but you turn right around and accuse anyone with an erection or other obvious sign of arousal of being overtly sexual or of engaging in overt sexual activity. Why is that when as you all say nudism and nudity does not equal sex?

My family when I told them about this thread about the so-called problems with erections, all of them, even my grandmother laughed and could not believe it. The even asked me if these people were as some of you like to use the phrase even true nudists for not being able to tell the difference between a person who is/was showing off their erection state of arousal and someone who because of the sun, wind what have you, has become either erect or aroused.

Can’t you all see that be classing all erections as an overt sign of sexual activity that you are pre-judging all the men as immature show offs or perverts?]

Thank you, Sally!

Forum: Frequently Asked Questions/Do You Have A question Not Covered Here?/Post Your Question Here

P.1, Cheri wrote:
[You'll find that nudists are generally the most accepting of any segment of population you'll likely ever meet.]

Sure, as long as males remain limp, right?

p.4 rockinghorse61 wrote:
[All I am reading here makes good sense. It has reformed my thinking. I now don't have to quickly cover up if I suddenly get an erection. If I behave appropriately, I do not have to fear being criticized. I believe that is what this is all saying. Correct?]

Well unfortunately, not yet. We still have to worry, we still are not free to hang any which way without harassment. It depends where you go. The next step is to make a change at the management level. For those respondents who are worried about erections leading to the closing down of beaches, we must re-educate non-nudists and politicians and religious leaders now also, about what causes erections and the difference between a body part and misbehavior. It took a long time - generations - to educate people about the concept of integration and getting along with people of different skin colors and traits, but Civil Rights is now the law in many ways. But I can now go back to the camps with confidence, because I will have the printouts of your comments, Sally, Digital Cowboy, Banned, BlobbyBob and others from these forums who had the courage to stand up for erections, so to speak, so that even us leaner, athletic or younger males with hair-trigger apparati can have the right to enjoy an unclothed day at the camp or beach, too.

p.3, Banned080105 wrote:
[The problem is not erections, it's women's lack of awareness of the realities of the male body and the assumptions that go with them. . . .

Some Women are uncomfortable with erections because they assume that the man is having thoughts of sex and they do not want to be around men who are thinking about sex. . . .

One final note, who are you people to tell me what I can do with my body. If I want my penis to be erect in a public nude setting. That is my right to have. Just like it is my right to breath or to have my arms erect. As long as I am not endangering public health nor violating you personal space you have no right to complain. You would be indignant if someone told your could not pierce yourself or have a tattoo would you not and you would be indignant if someone told you could not breast feed your baby in public.
Basically speaking, we all have the right too have our bodies accepted. Well mine comes with a penis and sometimes it is erect and I am proud of it! And That does not make me
a danger to the public.

So live with your own space and stop trying to control mine!]

I intend to make this topic more than just a discussion in a forum. It is going to help by being a catalyst for change! My rejection resume: I am not welcome at 6 campgrounds - 4 of these I was tossed out on the spot (while 2 were for monetary issues though), 1 of these was with a rejection letter, and 1 by voice mail. I was also tossed from 1 non-landed club (after integrating socially with them for at least once or twice/month for 9 months), 1 beach (for the day only, I was allowed to return) and 2 health clubs. (If anyone is interested in more details on how I was tossed, I'd rather you ask with a Private Message and I'll try to fill you in).

Forum: Frequently Asked Questions/Do You Have A question Not Covered Here?/Post Your Question Here

p.7, calmnude wrote:
[sooner or later he is going to cross the line and someone is going to sue his butt for harrassment ]

and (same page), nudeisntlewd wrote:

[Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't buy the idea that they can do anything that they want. Unless you are breaking some kind of stated rule or policy, they can't just kick you out. Maybe in a non-landed club, which is more like a group of friends or associates, but not somewhere that you are renting and paying for service. If you go to a store and have the money, they can't refuse service to you because they don't like you, you wear your hair funny, you're black, green, purple or whatever.]

Finally someone brought up the H-word! Except in that incident it was because people were covering up! But I'm looking into it. Excluding someone based on their bodily appearance IS HARASSMENT, FOLKS!! I found out that there are Human Rights Laws which forbid harassment in places that are open for service to the public. The law is tricky, here, and I haven't yet found a lawyer who can support me, but it's a tough specialty that most of them don't want anything to do with. (Does anyone know where I can get a pro-boner lawyer to work pro-bono?) A rep at this agency indicated it may depend on getting a statement in writing from the establishment that booted you out on the reason you are no longer welcome. If they don't want to provide a statement, you can assume you're still welcome or file a complaint at the Human Rights website. One of these days they're going to throw out the wrong person and they will get sued.

The last time I was confronted occurred in a shower at a health club just recently. Someone was apparently offended by the way I was hanging while washing myself and it got back to me by the manager on duty, and although I was getting dressed and almost ready to leave, I was told I had to leave right then and there because of this report that I was perceived as doing something wrong. Well guess what? I refused! That's right, I knew that I wasn't doing anything wrong by washing myself and whoever complained needed to learn how to mind their own business. But the manager said again, "You're leaving, now!" And I said, "No I'm not!" And he said, "Yes you are." And we went back and forth like a couple of 2-year olds. I stood my ground like Rosa Parks and refused to leave. So what happened then? The police were called! Who insisted the police were called? I did!!! That's right, I insisted the police were called, because my rights were being violated. Two cops came and one explained that he understands about different cultural points of view on nudity and modesty because he was from another country, but that the facility did have the right to ask me to leave for that night, but that I could talk it over with the general manager when he came in the next day. The general manager was very attentive and listened to my cause and asked me to write a letter stating what happened and how it could have been handled differently and that I could basically apply for reinstatement. They also provided me with a copy of their harassment policy, which was non-specific about the circumstances in my case. The letter was sent last month to the GM and CEO, but they have not responded to date.

Whereas before I used to "put my tail between my legs" and quietly leave when asked, I am no longer going to allow a camp, beach or club to take my money and throw me out for simply sporting an erection ever again without a challenge. By the way, my sac also changes shape depending on whether I'm cold or warm. Does anyone have a problem with that? I pointed out to one camp that tossed me out this year, that trying to shame me is shameful. How dare they invited people to strip down at their camp and then throw them out for how they naturally look naked! That's like saying, "We have a nice sauna, come on in. But if we catch you perspiring in it, you're outta here." What's up with that attitude? Well it changes now. I have a crystal ball. Making these changes is a simple one at the club level. I can see reps and senators with this conceptual bill before their desks. They'll likely nickname it the "Sideshow clause." Each guest entering these camps will now be required to read and sign a statement similar to the signs posted at the beach that say "You may encounter nude people. . ."

It will state, "By entering these grounds I understand that I and my children may encounter unclothed people who may have variable bodily characteristics, including different skin, head hair, facial hair and fingernail lengths/styles/colors, amputations, mastectomies, he-shes (saw some at Haulover), excess skin folds, obesity, anorexia, colostomics, large or small penises in relaxed, semi-hard or fully erect positions, saggy, tight, cantaloupe-sized (saw one in a shower recently) or absent scrotums, tracheotomy patients. . ." Have I covered most of the bases? . . . . ."An erection may occur for an abundance of reasons and may last for a moment or an indefinite length of time, and that no personal violation has been crossed unless there is excessive leering or an advance of unwanted touching occurs." Read, sign, have a nice day. That simple. Problem solved. Sign it into law. Now.

p.7, BlobbyBob wrote:

[An erection is to a nudist what a nudist is to a textile.]

Kudos to you or whoever came up with this first, if you didn't. Perfect summary to this topic. Keep this comment, Administrator, if you eventually need to consolidate the many pages of these threads. I'll add the analogy that the Puritans sought religious freedom after being persecuted in England, yet once they arrived in New England, they were in turn accused of being intolerant themselves.

Cheri's slogan is:
[Doing what I can to positively promote nudism]

While I have respect for those who worked diplomatically and even in the courts for the cause of nudism, those with the outdated views on erections will now find themselves in the positions of being the ones who need convincing about this new segment of nude liberation. So for the women and others who have been uninformed as to why erections occur, you're forgiven. The forum has done its job, of educating fellow nudists. Now that you are informed, we expect acceptance and we look forward to change in the near future at the club and political levels. I welcome those who would like to join me in promoting the brand of nudism that is more inclusive to body acceptance for all body types. To paraphrase another personality in the cause of freedom:

I have a dream today. . .that I can one day stand nude, with an erection, at a camp with other nudists and discuss how the weather is, or who will be on my volleyball team, or any number of topics, and carry on the conversation while my erection is ignored and accepted

I have a dream today. . .that I can one day stand nude, with an erection, at a camp with other nudists of any gender or age and integrate with them at the pool, courts, spa, dining hall and other facilities, and be judged on the content of my character, and not on how I am hanging at any given moment. . . .you get the idea. At only some of the camps has this dream been a reality. The others have some catching up to do.

Thanks again for reading my comments. Hope to see you all soon at the camps (the ones that will still have me, anyway).

Side out.

Edited by - oxybelis on 11/04/2007 10:21:45 PM

CMx2
Forum Member

Posted - 11/03/2007 :  05:09:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess the votes to lock these ridiculous repetitious threads have been overruled... Thats too bad for us.

Since 58 pages of regurgitated bile isn't quite enough, can we petition for them to be locked again once this thread reaches 100 pages?

Fulldraw
Forum Member

Posted - 12/16/2007 :  09:25:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK, I will help get to the 100 pages.
All my comments on any topic will have this same principle. BE COURTIOUS TO OTHERS! My dear mother taught me that. Everything natural is good and do what makes you happy but be considerate of others.
By the way have you ever seen a woman’s nipples become erect?? OH NO, Is she cold or is she aroused?? Here comes the rest of the 40 pages.
I love this site!

Page: of 67 Topic Next Topic: Random-long towell  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 1.12 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved