Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 416 ]  [ Total: 416 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Education - Promoting the Nudist Lifestyle
 Educating the public about nudism
 Public Nudity
Previous Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Another at the doctors office fun time Topic Next Topic: Nudism for Dummies
Page: of 4

free2be
Forum Member

Posted - 01/18/2012 :  8:08:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some places yes, some no. Any beach,lake or pool, my backyard...these are some areas that I would feel more comfortable and are areas where others could be nude as well. Shopping mall, grocery stores...probably not. I doubt legalization would happen in my life time, but it sure is nice to dream.

Bob Knows
Forum Member

Posted - 01/19/2012 :  09:52:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Last spring I watched a TV News report from the Cannes, France, film festival. The "On the scene" reporter was on a restaurant veranda with tables, chairs, umbrellas, food, etc. In the background at some distance while she spoke was a beach. While the reporter described the latest films, a woman and children appeared on the beach completely naked and went to the water. Once I started paying attention to the background rather than the speaker I saw there was also a naked man walking across the beach among some clothed people. Nobody paid any attention to the naked bathers, not even the US TV producers. And that's unusual for US TV.

We have an ongoing struggle between those who want government control of our lives, and those who want the government to be limited. I vote to get government of my back and out of my closet. But many sheeple want to tell all their neighbors how to live even if they have to obey.

I am hoping that the forces for freedom win. Freedom to wear what you like, or don't like is a fundamental freedom.

Zean

Posted - 01/19/2012 :  6:05:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nudity in public, no laws... YES. An aquaintence of mine, male, went downtown where I live, in just a speedo swimming suit. He was hasled by the police. His response was that why should this be a problem when women wear at least bikini tops and short shorts at times, so why not a speedo for him?... Equality for all men and woman!. I think we should all obstain from eating the fruit from the tree in the garden of eden(so to speak) but then to the topic question I have another question. Over time would we get too used to the look of the oppisite sex(or same sex if gay)that we wouldn't reproduce? just hypothetical. ???-Zean

nudewalker
Forum Member

Posted - 01/22/2012 :  2:58:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Zean, I don't think we would ever get so used to seeing the opposite sex that we would never reproduce. After all, all the attraction is not physical, the brain is quite a sexual organ itself. It is all in what you are thinking. As for public nudity, all we need is for local governments to define what is simple nudity and lewd behavior. Then I am sure that some beaches, pools and other recreation areas would become nudist friendly. However, with all the pandering the Republican candidates have been doing to the religious right, it won't happen soon!

nudesunguy
Forum Member

Posted - 01/25/2012 :  4:20:59 PM  Show Profile  Send nudesunguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
"the attraction is not physical" ??? If humans weren't attracted to the opposite sex physically, we wouldn't be here today. I've seen my wife nude for 30 years and I'm still attracted to her physically (and want to reproduce with her ;-). Any yes, I often find women at nude venues physically attractive (just like I find clothed women physically attractive). Good point on the Republicans, however the Democrats seem to want to grow big government and control/tax EVERY aspect of our lives. They both have their issues, IMO.

Bob Knows
Forum Member

Posted - 01/25/2012 :  4:28:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Most of the US didn't have laws and regulations about nudity or most everything else until the Progressive (liberal) era about the end of the 19th century and first part of the 20th century. That was when we got government licenses and control for everything from birth to death, and police forces to enforce all the rules and licenses. Before that we were a nation of free men. Mostly Conservatives have long opposed government controls, and liberals (Progressives) have supported more and more government control.

n/a
deleted

Posted - 03/05/2012 :  10:00:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For me I would want the nudity be allowed at anytime at the following places all beaches,pools,gyms,hot tubs,saunas,lakes,campgrounds. But stores,dining businesses etc should be clothed as usual.

Bob Knows
Forum Member

Posted - 03/05/2012 :  12:03:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by renobiker

For me I would want the nudity be allowed at anytime at the following places all beaches,pools,gyms,hot tubs,saunas,lakes,campgrounds. But stores,dining businesses etc should be clothed as usual.

I would have agreed with you once, renobiker, but a vacation at Cap d'Agde changed my mind. At Cap d'Agde in the south of France they have section of town that is clothing optional and mostly naked. There is a very nice café on the beach, all naked. There is a nice naked bank, grocery store, clothing stores, etc. Having naked business customers just makes shopping more comfortable for the customers -- and the staff too. I don't see any more reason to require clothing at lunch or shopping than at the beach or a campground. Bodies are just bodies.

n/a
deleted

Posted - 03/06/2012 :  08:29:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bob-I just feel for sanitary reasons in most nude resort eating establishments if I recall it was the staff could not be nude but the diners had to have sandals and a towel. But I have not been to resort in a while could be different now.

Bob Knows
Forum Member

Posted - 03/06/2012 :  6:02:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by renobiker

Bob-I just feel for sanitary reasons in most nude resort eating establishments if I recall it was the staff could not be nude but the diners had to have sandals and a towel. But I have not been to resort in a while could be different now.

Laws on nude waiters vary a lot. In most parts of the US there are special laws invented to prohibit "strip" clubs that require table wait staff to wear clothes. Its about prohibition of men having fun, not about health.

Laws that require shoes are claimed to be for "health" reasons, but going barefoot is no worse for health than shoes. Its about public compulsion for clothing/cover. Many places require shoes and shirts in food stores, claimed to be about health. Right.

Page: of 4 Previous Topic: Another at the doctors office fun time Topic Next Topic: Nudism for Dummies  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.46 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved