Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 151 ]  [ Total: 151 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Types of Nudist Recreation
 Which nudist category is right for you?
 What's your favorite nudist destination?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: How much nudist experience do you have? Topic Next Topic: Conservative and liberal nudism.
Page: of 13

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 12/17/2005 :  2:32:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Frosty

Been to Wreck beach in Vancouver, we thought we would give it a try and ended up going 3 days in a row. It is quite the party atmosphere, and there lots of things being sold there, haircuts, massages you name it.

Is there any nude beaches around Galveston? We are going there next may

There is no legal nude beach in the Galveston area. However, there is an AANR affiliated nonlanded club that has events in that part of TX. They might be able to give you some information.
http://www.sss.org/%7Egcnyc/ is the website for the Gulf Coast Nudist Yacht club. A boat is not necessary to be part of the club.

Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Edited by - Cheri on 12/17/2005 2:33:20 PM

acmeracing

Posted - 02/02/2006 :  1:23:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For me it's a tie between our local non-landed club (The Maine Coast Solar Bares) and TNS gatherings at Eastover in the Berkshires.

ah2benude
Forum Member

Posted - 02/02/2006 :  1:52:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My favorite nudist destination is Lake o' the woods in Valparaiso, Indiana. It opened in 1933 and I doubt much has changed since then. There is nice rustic clubhouse with a kitchen to make coffee in the morning to enjoy by the pool.

There is a spring fed lake in the middle of the woods where the guests and members can go fishing, or paddle boats, and a trail in the woods that goes around the entire lake. The only things you hear are the birds and the squirrels. You can even spot some deer.

The people are warm and friendly, and guests are treated like family.

Does this sound like a nice quiet atmosphere to be in? You bet!!

stewincanada
Forum Member

Posted - 02/03/2006 :  02:07:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit stewincanada's Homepage  Send stewincanada a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Frosty

Been to Wreck beach in Vancouver, we thought we would give it a try and ended up going 3 days in a row. It is quite the party atmosphere, and there lots of things being sold there, haircuts, massages you name it.

Is there any nude beaches around Galveston? We are going there next may

the funniest thing I remember being offered at Wreck Beach was a salmon a couple of years back.

Stewart
Cheap Airfares for nudists ( and others )

solarg8r
Forum Member

Posted - 02/25/2006 :  07:28:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit solarg8r's Homepage  Send solarg8r a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yep, I agree, there should have been an "all of the above" choice, but I must say, anywhere that I can get my clothes off and be nude asap, is my favorite place at that time! LOL

Follow the link & find me in the Photo Gallery - http://www.nudist-resorts.org/gallery/035.html

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 02/25/2006 :  10:56:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wreck Beach is a hoot! The atmosphere there is very low-key, and the vendors, while a colorful lot, are generally quiet and not aggressive. My favorite vendor was a rather pretty young woman in pigtails marching up and down the beach with her sing-song chant: "Wine COOLers ... fresh SU-shi ... hashEESH!" Talk about your one-stop shopping! The water was warm (August) and the view of English Bay and the islands offshore are fabulous. And best of all, WB is in one of the best cities to visit in North America.

Nascarnut

Posted - 03/02/2006 :  5:58:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife and I spent all of last summer at Turtle Lake Resort in Michigan. The people are just fantastic and the resort is wonderful. We are making our firt trip in 2006 this weekend and hope that if the weather cooperates we will be going every weekend in the near future. Michigan is still pretty cold this time of year so the indoor pool and hot-tub will get a lot of use.

nudepartime

Posted - 08/04/2006 :  08:24:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We like Haulover Beach, Orient Beach and closer to home we like Turtle Lake Resort in Michigan.Went to Turtle Lake for the first time this summer( first time for any resort) and will be going back as often as possible. It is a 180 mile drive from home but well worth the trip!

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 08/04/2006 :  10:27:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sunnedbuns

Haulover Beach is still my favorite, even though I no longer live close enough to take advantage of it. It was great to be able to go when ever you wanted, no membership to join, and just enjoy the sun, sand, and ocean. Most importantly, you had such a diverse group of people there that you could easily find an area that met how you felt on that day... a quiet area to just relax, the beach ball area to join in and have some fun, or the family area, if you wanted to be around kids, etc. There were no defined areas, people just congregated where ever they felt comfortable.

Only wish every state had areas (beach, lake, hiking area, etc.) that people could enjoy this freedom... and having lived in Florida, I'm still amazed that Haulover has been alowed to exist, but was (and am) so happy that it does!

Yes, Haulover has been virtually free. Did you think about the South Florida Free Beaches that spent a bunch of money to getting that accomplished and maintaining a presense there? Did you think about the other beaches and nudist venues that when come under attack the AANR and TNS/NAC help fight. That costs $. If we don't all support the organizations before we're on the verge of losing something, we may not continue to have these venues. The more members the national organizations have, the more clout we have when we go up against our antagonists. If you're not a member of the national organizations, you're just taking a free ride.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Edited by - Cheri on 08/21/2006 10:28:08 PM

buffetfan
Forum Member

Posted - 08/22/2006 :  8:38:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cheri

You just proved again that old saying " Nothing in life is really free". In some way, everything has a cost. Even if the person using it at the time hasn't paid some kind of cost, someone else has at some time.

No matter what you think about the various nudist organizations, and nobody will ever agree 100% with an organization, they have done a lot to get recreational nudity either accepted or at least left alone. So if you won't join and support an organization, at least recognize what they have accomplished and be appreciative.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 08/22/2006 :  9:37:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I couldn't agree more with buffetfan. My wife and I are members of AANR, TNS, CFI and donate to NAC annually. CFI ([deleted re: site under review].com International, formally, INA-International Naturists Association) hasn't done near as much to secure our rights to practice this lifestyle as AANR, TNS and NAC, they are very involved in getting the word out on nude recreation to the younger crowd via the internet and their weekly video news segment, Nudes in the News.

We have many, many nudist friends. As far as we know, we are the only ones who are members of these naturist organizations and donate to the Naturist Action Committee. We've asked them why it is that they don't join and it usually comes down to money and the fact that they have to pay dues. When asked, "do you think these naturist areas are there for free and that they will always be there for us to use.? Their answers vary but most are on the lines of, "someone else is taking care of it, we don't have to do anything but show up."

This has always bothered us and we've made our feelings known only to have the subject changed and the whole idea of joining a naturist organization placed aside. If anyone here feels the same way as our friends do, think about what would happen if there wasn't an AANR or TNS or a NAC to help protect our rights as nudists. There may not be this type of site to visit and discuss issues related to our lifestyle much less places to go and visit and enjoy being nude.

Think about it and join!

BTW=by the way....to get back on topic......

We still love Club Orient! Is it June yet!!!?

Edited by - FireProf on 08/22/2006 9:39:08 PM

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 08/22/2006 :  10:46:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dang, Prof, show a little restraint! Here it is only August and you're pining for June already?!?

For what it's worth, AANR and TNS have gotten some of my money, and will doubtless get more. I'm not sure just what my money is going for (esp AANR), but it's not a huge amount, and maybe it will get some good things accomplished.

As for favorites, I'll go with Hidden Beach Resort, Living Waters Spa, and Wreck Beach.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 08/23/2006 :  12:28:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I know we're pushing it Doc but next years trip is really unfolding here in the past few days. Seems the bulk of those of us that get together every February in Palm Springs at Terra Cotta are now either booked for Club O in June or seriously considering booking. It's gonna be a great trip sharing it with all our close friends.

What are you doing next June!!?

nude2
Forum Member

Posted - 09/02/2006 :  9:07:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Became a social nudist in July and I've only gone to a local resort at Ivor, VA. It was great and I look forward to other destinations.

nudistme
Forum Member

Posted - 10/26/2006 :  9:34:28 PM  Show Profile  Send nudistme an AOL message  Send nudistme a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
hello from a new member!
I think that the Greek islands are a great nude and not only destination. (i am Greek i confess i am prejudiced)
stay nude everybody!

P.S i am in OH usa now and there arent many places for nudists unfortunately

Page: of 13 Previous Topic: How much nudist experience do you have? Topic Next Topic: Conservative and liberal nudism.  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.23 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved