Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 168 ]  [ Total: 168 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Feet!
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Only one dressed Topic Next Topic: I have a confession - Im a Naturist!
Page: of 17

Paul DS
Forum Member

Posted - 08/28/2003 :  7:25:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all.

People are socialized from birth in Western culture to wear shoes. It seems unusual to go barefoot in public when one has been raised to wear shoes most of the time. That's probably the main reason why people are shy about it.

I used to wear dress shoes from morning until night and didn't start going barefoot outdoors until after high school. All of my walking outdoors is now done in bare feet, as long as the weather is warm enough. It is the healthiest thing that I ever did for my feet. I can walk or hike 10 miles barefooted and it doesn't have any bad effects on my feet. It is extremely comfortable and sensual. My feet are smooth now and have become flexible like rubber. My friends poke fun at how my toes stretch like fingers. My arches have also gotten high. I used to like shoes, but now I can't bring myself to putting them on.

I started barefooting by taking off my shoes to get through mud and to walk across creeks. I gradually gave them up altogether. The first time that I left my shoes at home, I hiked out in the country. Halfway through my walk and well into the woods, I felt defenseless without my shoes and wanted them back. It seemed unusual looking down and seeing bare toes instead of shoes. It took a few walks to get used to this. I can understand how other people are reluctant to give up their shoes and socks.

Out in the country is the best place to walk. There is lots of soft grass and dirt trails. I like to climb the banks of creeks and rivers. Bare toes grip far better than boots. I really enjoy walking through dew-soaked grass and mud with naked feet. Everyone should try this at least once in their life. It's part of being human and makes one feel close to Nature. It's almost like making love with the Earth. Besides, all of the Earth's creatures go shoeless (did you ever notice?). Mum Nature brings all of her creatures into the world barefoot. There should be a "Barefoot Day" where everyone has to give up their shoes and socks completely and spend the day outdoors with the Earth in sunshine and bare feet :o)

No one else goes barefoot at the parks and trails where I walk. I wouldn't feel shy if there were at least a few others going shoeless. People who don't know me sometimes look at my feet as they pass by and give a perplexed look as if to say, "Why is that guy in bare feet?" I think that people aren't sure what to make of it. They wonder if you are homeless or an escapee from an institution (seriously!).

Other people seem to think it is ok and will smile when they notice. My friend introduced me to one of her girlfriends a while back. After talking for a minute in the driveway, she looked down to see what I was wearing. She smiled warmly when she noticed my naked feet. I could tell she thought it was cute, even though she didn't say anything.

Places like college campuses are more accepting of bare feet. A few of my classmates at college would leave their shoes at the dorm and spend the whole day in bare feet, especially on rainy or hot days. Some of our classmates in shoes would sometimes poke fun politely by saying, "Hey dude, nice shoes!" We would say something like, "Yeah, Nature made them for me!" A quiet girl who sat in front of me in math class would sometimes leave her shoes at the dorm and come to class in T-shirt, shorts, and bare feet. It looked so comfortable, gentle, and sensual. I wanted to give her a soft kiss and tell her how cute she looked. :o) Barefooters always seem to be more relaxed people. Bare feet at colleges was more popular in the 60's and 70's and appears to have gone out of style. Some colleges now have 'No Bare Feet in the Halls' policies, although they are probably not enforced.

I have been nude out in remote areas of the country briefly, and it is so comfortable. I haven't gone nude for an extended time, as it is simply too risky legally to try such things in this area. I would have to find a privat

sea foam
Forum Member

Posted - 09/01/2003 :  7:53:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The issue of "To be, or not to be: barefoot" may simply be one of custom. My wife and I know two families whose practice is shoes off (theirs and visitors') at the door, but socks on. At first I thought maybe they worked for Hanes, but that's not the case. Both families say "that's the way we've (meaning previous generations) always been." Both let their children play outside barefoot in the summer and then, yes, put socks on them when they come in. It's just what they do.

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 01/10/2004 :  05:55:58 AM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I think the "No Shoes" thing in stores and restaurants are more for protecting the store from liability if you step on something and hurt or cut your foot. The lawyers are always thinking. After all, they don't ban you for open shoes for the ladies or sandals, and they leave the top of the feet open to the air.

Randy

Edited by - nudeisntlewd on 01/10/2004 05:57:46 AM

calmnude
Forum Member

Posted - 01/10/2004 :  10:05:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it is also to protect you from picking up chemicals or lead dust, or anything else which can stick to bottom of feet and be tracked elsewhere.

plus we can walk with minor injuries to top of feet, hurting bottoms make life a little miserable.

cheef
Forum Member

Posted - 01/10/2004 :  12:25:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit cheef's Homepage  Send cheef an AOL message  Click to see cheef's MSN Messenger address  Send cheef a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nudeisntlewd

I think the "No Shoes" thing in stores and restaurants are more for protecting the store from liability

I think the "No Shoes" thing is a matter of tradition and/or prejudice. I think the liability angle is primarily an excuse.

http://cheef.com
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nudist-news-group/

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 01/10/2004 :  12:41:24 PM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Agreed Cheef. But liability is an excuse for everything these days. I've heard it being given as the reason. Last March I was in a shell shop along the north-east coast of Florida with no shoes. It had a sand floor and the lady told me it was sand right off the beach, and I had to promise her I'd be careful and it would be at my own risk if I stepped on something in the sand.

Randy

Edited by - nudeisntlewd on 01/10/2004 12:44:04 PM

fox100d
Forum Member

Posted - 01/10/2004 :  2:13:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I still remember one day years ago, in Vietnam, on one of my 'free days,' walking down to the 'BX'--Base eXchange--wearing shirt, shorts, and running shoes--NO socks--, and was TURNED away by some young, Vietnamese 'Civilian Employee' girl at the entrance to the BX, because the 'Base Commander' said all who use the facility, MUST WEAR SOCKS!
Yet this girl, and all Vietnamese employees inside the BX, were wearing the standard native 'shower' togs, with NO SOCKS!! Amazing!
As if that 'base commander' didn't have more important things to worry about. Maybe THAT'S way we 'lost' that war!

Tweety
Forum Member

Posted - 01/10/2004 :  8:26:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Growing up in Michigan we wore shoes most of the time outdoors because Michigan only has 2 days of summer the last day of July and the first day of Augest and no one wore the shoes inside LOL way too much slush. Living in Florida now I still tend to wear shoes out side between the fire ants sand burrs and the hot pavement it just is not a good idea. Panhandler can speak for his self those pesky fire ants hide. At least till I walk by. As for indoors shoes are always the first to go.

Tweety

cheef
Forum Member

Posted - 01/10/2004 :  10:55:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit cheef's Homepage  Send cheef an AOL message  Click to see cheef's MSN Messenger address  Send cheef a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not quite the barefooter I used to be, but I'm still a big advocate.

Check out:
http://barefooters.org/

StuffedTiger
Forum Member

Posted - 01/11/2004 :  01:01:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Running around outdoors without protection on the feet can get your foot cut, punctured (and then you better get a shot or you could die), stung and bitten by various creatures that can be poisonous, like scorpions and some snakes, or disease transmitting, like rabies. Various nasty worms can enter the body through the feet. Nature can be a terrible beauty when you are on the wrong end of the food chain. You have to know the land you walk on.

I recommend a good pair of high top hiking boots for walking around in unfamiliar natural areas. Around the neighborhood and malls, I always wear sandals outside except in heavy rain or snow. When it's cold, I put on socks. When very cold, I put on two pair. Nobody ever seems to notice.

When I come in, I take off my sandals. They are easier to take off and put back on than shoes. If I am in socks, I keep my socks on. Who wants to be taking them off and putting them back on all the time. If it is summer and I am not wearing socks, I don't put them on or take them off either, as a rule. Of course, there are always exceptions. I take my socks off in the shower, no matter how cold it is. :-)

Years ago I acquired a toe nail fungus. One doctor told me it would never go away. Another told me he could give me medication but that might damage my liver or kidneys. I started wearing sandals or going barefoot and letting my toes get some sun whenever possible. It went away on its own.

irishred
Forum Member

Posted - 01/11/2004 :  09:43:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I was growing up in the summertime, we never wore shoes unless we had to go to the store or the movies (some establishment that required shoes and a shirt).

To this day, in the summertime, I always prefer to go barefooted if possible.

irishred

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 01/11/2004 :  12:49:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Growing up on Long Island, NY, I never wore socks or shoes outside on our lawn in the summertime. Walking across the street to the dock to go swimming, I rarely wore shoes. However, on hot pavement I could be found in footwear. During the winter months I always had on some foot wear.

Here in the South, warm weather outdoors calls for closed toe shoes due to fire ants and other nasty critters. Indoors in cool weather, I can be found wearing socks, slippers, or other footwear.

Hugs, Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

cheef
Forum Member

Posted - 01/11/2004 :  4:56:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit cheef's Homepage  Send cheef an AOL message  Click to see cheef's MSN Messenger address  Send cheef a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by StuffedTiger

Running around outdoors without protection on the feet can get your foot cut, punctured (and then you better get a shot or you could die), stung and bitten by various creatures that can be poisonous, like scorpions and some snakes, or disease transmitting, like rabies. Various nasty worms can enter the body through the feet.

All this is true, but I don't think that's any more of a reason to avoid going barefoot than all the things that can happen when you don't wear "protection" on the rest of your body...
a sunburnt backside, stinging from coral, scratches from sticker bushes, scrapes from tripping and falling, etc.

I wouldn't allow any of these things keep me from being nude. I would take caution regarding them.

And, just as there are occasionally times where I would be clothed for safety, there are times when I will be shod for safety... but I wouldn't make that most of the time, and I wouldn't consider it mandatory.

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 01/12/2004 :  04:01:23 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I agree with you Cheef, very well put.

Kim =^.^=

leo 50
Forum Member

Posted - 02/05/2004 :  2:34:29 PM  Show Profile  Send leo 50 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
o.k my two cents. seems a great many people think of feet as ugly,one reason is these crazy foot deforming shoes they wear in the name of fashion.
we do not have fire ants here [do not how far north they have or will spread] but bees are a problem.i cannot go barefoot,i am a diabetic, but did before and i do miss that sometimes.

if you reach for the stars ,you shall hold them in your hand.

Page: of 17 Previous Topic: Only one dressed Topic Next Topic: I have a confession - Im a Naturist!  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.36 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved