Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 161 ]  [ Total: 161 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Special Interest Groups - Nudist-Oriented
 The Smooth Nudist Forum - dedicated to shaving
 hair or no hair
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Depilated from the top of the head to toes? Topic Next Topic: The smooth look, trend or fad?
Page: of 8

mikeknob
Forum Member

Posted - 11/03/2008 :  05:59:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't feel that this whole discussion and the way that it has been presented is out of line. I would have no problem carrying on this discussion "sitting around a poolside table at a nudist resort with kids running around and people of all ages and backgrounds relaxing and playing". I enjoy Freckles light hearted discussion. Genitals are a part of the body and are nothing to be ashamed of. After all, this thread is about shaved pubes and why we enjoy being shaved.

nudeisbetter
Forum Member

Posted - 11/03/2008 :  07:21:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thronapple, that's a great way of looking at it. I guess it's what I had been thinking but didn't figure out how to express. This "playful conversation" (which I think is really just a euphemism) would never have happened at any venue I visit. C'mon...

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 11/03/2008 :  12:22:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Please remember NO ONE under 18 is allowed to post here. ADMIN has made this an adult forum. Freckles lives in a place with a much more relaxed attitude toward nudity. We all should be so fortunate.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

www.flickr.com/photos/isisdc/2560300492/
www.flickr.com/photos/perspective/2560521247/

jw1
Forum Member

Posted - 11/03/2008 :  12:47:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not all of us want our nude recreation to be around kids/families. Children are not a frequent sight at the beach I frequent (Lighthouse Beach) and when I visit a resort on a vacation, I tend to prefer adult-only venues with nude beaches/pools - not necessarily nudist AANR-type resorts (a Grand Lido for example).

It is unfortunate that some posters are offended by some mild, lighthearted adult banter.

I doubt I am alone in this regard.

Edited by - jw1 on 11/03/2008 12:53:58 PM

nudeisbetter
Forum Member

Posted - 11/03/2008 :  1:09:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not offended, but c'mon, offering to count someone's freckles? Maybe if we were all still in high school trying to get... Oh, nevermind.

nat3302
Forum Member

Posted - 11/03/2008 :  1:39:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Balto Bob

Please remember NO ONE under 18 is allowed to post here. ADMIN has made this an adult forum. Freckles lives in a place with a much more relaxed attitude toward nudity. We all should be so fortunate.

Well said Bob ... this is an international forum of adult nudists and Freckles is simply sharing her attitude. It's great to be able to learn about other nudist beaches, resorts, and lifestyles worldwide.

Freckles
Forum Member

Posted - 11/03/2008 :  4:35:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My word,

If my mum knew that me talking about my hairless kitty was going to cause so much debate between so many people, she would turn in her grave.

If she were dead.

Hope you're not reading this, mum!

Come on everyone- lighten up!

Frecks

nudeintpa
Forum Member

Posted - 11/03/2008 :  5:43:38 PM  Show Profile  Send nudeintpa a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Oh Oh, I just forwarded the link to MumFreckles!

thornapplebison
Forum Member

Posted - 11/03/2008 :  7:08:35 PM  Show Profile  Send thornapplebison a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jw1

Not all of us want our nude recreation to be around kids/families. Children are not a frequent sight at the beach I frequent (Lighthouse Beach) and when I visit a resort on a vacation, I tend to prefer adult-only venues with nude beaches/pools - not necessarily nudist AANR-type resorts (a Grand Lido for example).

It is unfortunate that some posters are offended by some mild, lighthearted adult banter.

I doubt I am alone in this regard.

The place I and my family frequent, Star Ranch near Austin, TX, is full of families, with people of absolutely all ages. It is a safe haven, a deliberately constructed and vigorously guarded second Eden. There are adult activities of all kinds going on there, as anywhere. But everyone I've met or seen there has a common-sense sensitivity to what is appropriate in public.

The fact that minors are not technically allowed to post here does not mean they do not read what we post. We are in public, here.

thornapplebison
Forum Member

Posted - 11/03/2008 :  7:11:24 PM  Show Profile  Send thornapplebison a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Freckles

My word,

If my mum knew that me talking about my hairless kitty was going to cause so much debate between so many people, she would turn in her grave.

If she were dead.

Hope you're not reading this, mum!

Come on everyone- lighten up!

Frecks

Freckles, I would be hard-pressed to find a single post of yours that did not in some way reference female genitalia. It is not that you mention it that I find disturbing. It is your seeming obsession with it that is lascivious and anathema to the core principles of nudism.

Freckles
Forum Member

Posted - 11/03/2008 :  7:43:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ThornAppleBison

And, who pray, has the god-given right to decide what those core principles are? You?

I am now very bored with your self righteous puritan clap-trap and to save everybody else from wading through more of it, I am not posting on this thread again. Don't bother replying as I am going to make a point of returning to read any more posts.

Goodbye

Edited by - Freckles on 11/03/2008 7:53:34 PM

nudeisbetter
Forum Member

Posted - 11/03/2008 :  8:56:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, she's not coming back (whew) but thornapplebison, in my opinion your opinion is right. <shrug> Everyone has an opinion. I'm not sure why you shouldn't be allowed to have one. I'm not a hard core nudist - I just like to go around without any clothes when I can. But an obsession with genitalia does not seem to be what nudism is supposed to be about and it certainly had nothing to do with it when I was at Solair over the summer.

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 11/03/2008 :  9:01:48 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
In the lively discussion here between Freckles and ThornAppleBison, I can make this observation, if allowed. It doesn't matter who is right or wrong, and you will never know who between you is right, as could be proven scientifically or mathematically. Write as you will, and let each forum reader make up his/her own mind. Neither of you has changed my mind, yet I find both of your statements interesting.

That government governs best, which governs least - Thomas Jefferson

thornapplebison
Forum Member

Posted - 11/04/2008 :  12:14:52 AM  Show Profile  Send thornapplebison a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The agreement to work within each other's comfort zones is fundamental to communication. Talking about something in a time, place or manner that makes others uncomfortable is just rude. Sometimes, rudeness is justified. I tried to be subtle, but unequivocal at first. If there had been a response like, "I know this seems rude, and I hope you'll forgive me, however I feel it is very important for me to discuss this here and now because..." I would have listened and maybe agreed. However, a person's perceived right to do or say whatever they want in any context does not obligate us all to tolerate that behavior.

I am glad that we were finally able to come to an understanding and work out a mutually agreeable plan. I don't think you're a bad person at all, Freckles, and I'm sure we'll eventually find many things we can enjoy discussing. You have a different set of ideas, morals and priorities. As Warmskin wisely noted, we will never know who is right or wrong, and it doesn't matter. So long as we respect each other's boundaries, we can communicate and hopefully become friends.

Edited by - thornapplebison on 11/04/2008 12:18:48 AM

thornapplebison
Forum Member

Posted - 11/04/2008 :  12:17:25 AM  Show Profile  Send thornapplebison a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
NIB- I thank you for your support. I wish there were more nudists here taking a stand for what modern nudism, from its beginnings, has meant and means to us still.

Page: of 8 Previous Topic: Depilated from the top of the head to toes? Topic Next Topic: The smooth look, trend or fad?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.28 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved