Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 154 ]  [ Total: 154 ]  [ Newest Member: bea abe ]
 All Forums
 Special Interest Groups - Nudist-Oriented
 The Smooth Nudist Forum - dedicated to shaving
 The smooth look, trend or fad?
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: hair or no hair Topic Next Topic: Tria beauty hair removal
Page: of 5

ShavedPubFan

Posted - 09/17/2005 :  9:59:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am not going to make this a poll, but am interested in how many of you think that the smooth look is a trend that will last or merely a fad that will pass? The question is mainly directed toward a smooth pubic region, but you may also comment on the total smooth look that is also happening (this applies mostly to men, since most american women already are shaving most of their bodies with only the pubic region being added recently). My take is that with women it is a trend and I think that it will last. It is becoming more and more mainstream. In the sixites it was almost unheard of. Over the years it's become more and more common to the point that a few years ago it was refered to in a NBC situation comedy (Couples) that didn't last very long. There was a scene where a woman went into the men's bathroom with a guy and undressed (no, they didn't show her nude) and his exclamation (with a smile on his face) was..oh...bald....A Will & Grace episode featuring Mccauly Caulkin had the character played by Caulkin giving Karen some money and telling her to get a bikini wax...he likes a clean plate.

So, that's why I think that the smooth look is a trend and will be as common for women as the shaving of their legs and underarms is now. Not as sure for the guys. I don't think that bald heads will catch on....and if they do..well, I'll be the last guy with long hair!

Edited by - Moderator on 09/18/2005 10:32:22 AM

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 09/18/2005 :  10:35:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To me shaving is an individual personal preference & has nothing to do with nudism. I have been acquainted with those who shave and are not nudists and vice versa.

One gentleman at a park we visit had been bald for the 11 yrs. we've been acquainted. He recently le the hair on his head grow back, and he looks at least 10 yrs. younger.

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

SingingSabre
Forum Member

Posted - 09/18/2005 :  12:03:52 PM  Show Profile  Send SingingSabre an AOL message  Send SingingSabre an ICQ Message  Click to see SingingSabre's MSN Messenger address  Send SingingSabre a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
People will always shave something. I'm certain there will always be some people who shave their pubic regions, face, chest, butt, legs, arms, armpits, etc.

I shave my pubic area for personal and aesthetic reasons, I shave my chest for safety reasons. I shave my face for comfort and aesthetic reasons.

If there's any reason to shave, or even if there is not a reason, I'm certain people will shave. :)

"Son, crying in your milk is bad enough. Crying in your hot fudge sundae is just disgusting." R.A. Heinlein.

Aussienudedude
Forum Member

Posted - 09/19/2005 :  06:31:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think if being smooth is a trend then one must realize that its a trend that has been with us for many years now. The only difference now, is the fact that it's a lot more out in the open than a few years ago.

For me, I just love the the feeling of being smooth and I feel a lot cleaner than I did than when I had hair growing in all the normal area's.

If we are looking at a trend here, I think it is a trend that will only get bigger as more people come out into the open with it and the trend will be with us for many years to come.

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 09/30/2005 :  09:06:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Because pubic hair removal is becoming more common in both sexes of all ages, my opinion is it's a trend rather than fad, the latter of which usually is reflective of only a particular group.

Chic

StreakingSkater
Forum Member

Posted - 10/06/2005 :  10:17:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi:

I think it is a trend to stay, but as with beards and heads, there is a certain number of people interested in pubic shaving and I don't see it growing rapidly. I have been to several nude beaches and resorts, I a totally shaved expcept for head hair, reaction to me has been postive, it seems somewhat more accepted for woman to shave pubic area than men, just my perception. I sometimes get comments at the gym or other clothed areas about my shaved legs actually. Nudists I think are just much more accepting of people of all types than the "clothed world".

Try it once I would say, you can always grow it back...

StreakingSkater

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 10/06/2005 :  10:40:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For us, we would consider it a trend. We began trimming my wife's pubic hair many, many years ago to accomodate her small bikini bottoms.

After our first visit to the nude beach, I suggested trimming and shaving more and she was willing. Subsequent visits to the beach and a few resorts and she is just about smooth and likes it that way. She asked me to follow suit and I did.

I believe, for us, it's a trend because neither of us wants to grow our pubic hair back and are considering lazer treatments to permanently remove it.

buffetfan
Forum Member

Posted - 12/19/2005 :  7:03:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have seen some fairly intellectual studies of the concept of hairless pubes on some other sites and there seems to be historical evidence that the practice goes back to ancient Egypt, Greece and Rome. There have been discoveries of writings from all those ancient cultures that indicated that many of the upper class and royalty removed their pubic hair. The reasons are not always clear but we could suppose it was for the same reasons we do it today.
There are obscure references all through history of groups who practiced pubic hair removal. So to say it is just a trend is probably not true. It is a personal grooming choice among nudists and non nudists alike. However nudists get the most benefit. Being pubic hair free under clothing is a waste. It is better to be nude and smooth!

vealj
Forum Member

Posted - 12/20/2005 :  09:32:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit vealj's Homepage  Send vealj an AOL message  Send vealj an ICQ Message  Click to see vealj's MSN Messenger address  Send vealj a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Well it can't be a fad, I have never seen a topic with so much interest in the nudist world as shaving one's pubes. I think it has to be the most popular subject in this whole set of forums judging by the amount of views. I've been removing my body hair for years and I just don't give it a second thought. It just amazes me that there is so much interest in this topic.

I wonder if we were talking about the merits of shaving one's facial hair off, there would be so much interest in the topic? Just curious.

Take care and ...
Keep it Bare !!!
- veal
Web:http://www.vealj.com/naturist.html
Nudist Blog: http://360.yahoo.com/vealj

old hippie
Forum Member

Posted - 12/20/2005 :  8:11:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Veal, when I was twenty-something, I got more flak from my parents about facial hair than I did for anything other than grades in school. It was almost a daily confrontation. And when I wanted to go to Florida to visit my sister, Dad went so far as to buy me a train ticket rather than let me hitch-hike, which had been my standard means of transport for many years. He didn't want me to risk travel thru "redneck" territory with a beard.

. I think anything that deviates from an established norm will bring some level of commentary. The level of comment may or may not be related to the strength with which the norm is held. I think the jury may be out on that one.

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

ToAsTeD
Forum Member

Posted - 12/03/2006 :  1:08:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It has been almost a year since anything has been posted here...

As with *many* other pages... (why is that?)

Anyway, thought I'd open this thread up again just for the heck of it! (I mean, why not?)

I think the shaving of pubes for both men and women is becoming more and more popular... and I think it's here to stay...

-ToAsTeD

Cookie
Forum Member

Posted - 12/03/2006 :  6:27:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it is like anything else, what comes around goes around.

Right now everone is shaviing, and being smooth and showing it all. You see it in "Playboy", which at one time never showed one of their "Playmates" smooth, they all had either a landing strip or a triangle, now every month they are sooooooooooooooooooo smooth.

The younger generation are into the shaving and smooth look. I know my two daughters who have been brought up nudist, have been smooth for at least the last l l/2 year, and they are in their mid 20's. Their Mother on the other hand has gone from the smooth look to having a full bush.

We will be going to DS at the end of March and it will be interesting to see what is going happening on the "left coast"!

Cookie

ToAsTeD
Forum Member

Posted - 12/03/2006 :  8:02:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a feeling that more and more people in the textile world are doing it... but not sharing the info with others...

There was a "game" on a radio station a few weeks ago... where people would call in and guess (yes/no) what the next caller's answer would be to certain pre-determined questions...

Well anyway, it's this woman's turn and she guesses "yes"... so the next caller (who was a man) was asked a question... and the radio guys started groaning and moaning when they pre-read the question (because they wanted a female to answer this question!) but went ahead with the question anyway: "Do you shave down there?"

And to everyone's surprise the man answered without hesitation "yes... well I keep it well trimmed!"

I just thought it was funny... being on the radio offers anonymity... but I always have wondered if he was a nudist or a textile... guess I'll never know!

-ToAsTeD

constanceg58
Forum Member

Posted - 12/04/2006 :  01:05:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm rather certain that it is a trend for women, and I hope it is for men.

Shaver77
Forum Member

Posted - 01/01/2007 :  09:37:09 AM  Show Profile  Send Shaver77 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I s shaving as a prsonal preference ...feels good and maks me feel good. Have been waxing pubes for years. Original interest stems from the old nudist and "playboy" type mags which had the genitalia airbushed out. My partner shaves for me as its what I like. So not a fad in my case.

lil_lilly_nudist
Forum Member

Posted - 01/01/2007 :  12:01:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I always have trouble growing more than my 4 hairs there but always wanted a nice heart a patch of hair feels nice I think. But I dont think Ill suddenly get new hairs now that Im 18.

Page: of 5 Previous Topic: hair or no hair Topic Next Topic: Tria beauty hair removal  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.34 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved