Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 152 ]  [ Total: 152 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 UFO's Facts or Just Fiction??
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: An art project changed my self-view Topic Next Topic: No Topic Needed - Just Chatting - October 2008
Page: of 2

go n nude
Forum Member

Posted - 08/17/2008 :  4:30:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The space channel aired a segment today called ,The top Ten ufo sightings in US history and why is everybody quick to say it never happened? From shuttle pilots to Presidents who claim to have witness to this phenomena or its nonexsistance according to the powers to be. Even USAF claimed at one time to have encountered extraterrestrial ships but after a debriefing that didn't happen? If one were to encounter this type of event, who'd beleive it? and they don't exsist? One would be hallucinating or worse mentally ill. Some will never tell due to this fear of ridicule. Seeing things that don't exsist could get one commited.

go n nude

sfxtd

Posted - 08/17/2008 :  5:32:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Many people have observed and reported things that they cannot explain and may not be able to be explained from the available evidence. Some of those observations appear to be flying, thus "Unidentified Flying Objects" or "UFOs." When no explanation is obvious it is natural to speculate on what such observations might actually represent. It has become popular to assume that any UFO must be extraterrestrial in origin unless proven otherwise. This is, of course, scientifically ludicrous. Reporting an observation as extraterrestrial without eliminating more likely explanations rightly invites ridicule. In all cases, even an unknown human or natural phenomenon is more likely to be the origin of a UFO sighting than an extraterrestrial craft. UFOs have been reported for many years and yet nobody has been able to present definitive proof of space alien existence despite the fact that the revelation of such proof could be immensely profitable.

Maintaining a belief in extraterrestrial visitors in spite of overwhelming evidence to the contrary might get one committed, but only if it leads to behavior dangerous to oneself or others. Otherwise, such behavior merely leads to potentially profitable sales of books and videos to the ignorant, gullible or otherwise bored.

tim

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 08/17/2008 :  6:03:53 PM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Various things may or may not be what they seem. There probably are different species like Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, and who knows what that haven't been discovered yet. And there may or may not be visitors from other worlds too. But no one has ever provided any compelling evidence in favor of any of these things. Always grainy, usually easily demonstrated to be photographic hoaxes. There’s never any physical evidence either. This is where the paranoid will say, “Government conspiracy.” Saying that people have seen extraterrestrials is an inaccurate statement, since there has been no forthcoming proof. They may have seen something. People have seen things that may be crafts of extraterrestrials. That doesn't mean that’s what they are. I have my doubts though, since in order to travel the distances people claim they have to reach Earth, they would have to travel at the speed of light. There are positively no planets nearer than light-year distances that have advanced life and probably have no life at all. According to Einstein, the power source needed to travel at or near light-speed would approach infinite.

Recently there were several hucksters in Northern Georgia who claim to have collected and frozen a Bigfoot from their area. The problems are: 1. They had 3 totally different stories about the circumstances of finding it and how it died, and 2: Well, let’s see it. They don’t exactly inspire confidence or present any credibility. Far from people keeping quiet for fear of ridicule, these hucksters and kooks are bold about their assertions, as are those who really did see something they don’t understand. Whenever there is one alleged “sighting” of anything out of the ordinary, everybody gets on the bandwagon. These claims, even one legitimate mystery, breeds a hundred more, and a “rash of sightings” are reported.

The Party-Pooper

Randy

Edited by - nudeisntlewd on 09/17/2008 12:11:36 PM

go n nude
Forum Member

Posted - 08/18/2008 :  04:39:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My point exactly, no one beleives these sightings, since time began people claim to have seen objects,people claim to have encountered, people claim to have been abducted,one story from New Mexico a town claim's a craft crashed there, the goverment took over and now it was only a" weather ballon". They claim coverup. Are we that gullible to think other forms of life from who know where?? exsist or don't when the rule of thumb is they don't, regardless of the evidance. Lets not forget the US has been on the Moon and now crawling around on Mars and also very soon visiting Saturn but that's just a fly by for pictures. May be the aliens are doing just that too. Who knows? These witness's must have seen something, there is too many to write off as quacks and we are so fast to claim it didn't happen, when we weren't there. Maybe we don't want to beleive it and someone is making sure we don't.

go n nude

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 08/18/2008 :  1:53:38 PM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I think people in general do like to believe the fantastic. Wondering and imagining helps make life interesting.

You’re right. Many people have seen something curious. But I still believe that one in a hundred is a legitimate unexplained experience and the other 99 are people that jump on the bandwagon. They want to believe and I think are willing to say what they need to, in order to try to convince others of their ideas.

As far as our space travels go, the few little molecules of heavenly bodies we’ve reached in the infinite vastness of space are within practical reach, and there’s nothing big living on any of them. Germs on these relatively close bodies may yet be found, but if there was anything substantial living there, we could see them. For more vastly distant explorers to be coming here to study this planet, they would need to have learned how to reach unachievable speeds. To solve this problem of reality, and, I suspect, having watched too many episodes of Star Trek, they’ve now come out with black holes and wormholes as ways of traversing impossible distances instantly. That’s a convenient theory, nothing more.

Randy

Edited by - nudeisntlewd on 09/17/2008 12:12:09 PM

go n nude
Forum Member

Posted - 08/18/2008 :  5:52:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nudeisntlewd you and i can agree on many the points you've raised, they could be out there, i hope time will tell, i quess until we witness this personally or they land in DC like in movie The Day the Earth Stood Still, or Close Encounters Of 3rd Kind, or War of Worlds but for peaceful purposes of course, they really must be way ahead of us and so much could be learned from these shy in the sky elusive visitors seen by a few. Unfortunately for them no one will buy it yet.

go n nude

Edited by - go n nude on 08/18/2008 5:53:30 PM

CMx2
Forum Member

Posted - 08/19/2008 :  02:18:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the REAL question that everyone here wants to know is: "Do the little green men wear clothes?"

Quietman1951
Forum Member

Posted - 08/19/2008 :  11:19:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CMx2

I think the REAL question that everyone here wants to know is: "Do the little green men wear clothes?"

CMx2; You beat me to the punch line. I was going to make a similar post.

Quietman1951 ; Today is the first NUDE day of the rest of our lives.

go n nude
Forum Member

Posted - 08/20/2008 :  03:59:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CMx2

Good question indeed, what ever these beings are, probability suggests not likely . Of all Gods creations, its us who have covered ourselfs due to sin or shame, along time ago. And we still do. Those who've claimed to got up close, say no.

go n nude

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 08/20/2008 :  06:20:03 AM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Not referring to UFOs, but referring back to my older post, the ape was proven to be a hoax. It was thawed and shown to be a rubber gorilla suit. The “carcass” was encased in a block of ice and sold to researchers for an undisclosed sum of money by two men who claimed to have found it. A hair sample was burned and "melted into a ball uncharacteristic of hair." The thawing process was sped up and the exposed head was found to be "unusually hollow in one small section." An hour of thawing later and the feet were exposed. They were made of rubber.

Matt Whitton, an officer who has been on medical leave from the Clayton County Police Department, and Rick Dyer, a former Georgia corrections officer, announced the find in early July on YouTube videos and a Web site. "Everyone who has talked down to us is going to eat their words," Whitton said at the time. (Paraphrase: You’ll give us your money, suckers.)

On Tuesday, Clayton County Police Chief Jeff Turner said he has not spoken to Whitton but processed paperwork to fire him.

"Once he perpetrated a fraud, that goes into his credibility and integrity," Turner said. "He has violated the duty of a police officer."

As far as I’m concerned, that’s exactly what it is, fraud. Just calling it a hoax is generous. The real mysteries here are: 1. How much did they cheat out of suckers with this fraud? And 2. How stupid are people? It was pretty obvious that they were lying from the start. Firing the cops was appropriate, but I think they should be in the prison that the one worked at, for grand theft. But freedom of speech means freedom to defraud, I guess.

Randy

Edited by - nudeisntlewd on 09/17/2008 12:12:46 PM

old hippie
Forum Member

Posted - 08/24/2008 :  4:53:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by go n nude

Are we that gullible to think other forms of life from who know where?? exsist or don't when the rule of thumb is they don't, regardless of the evidance.
[emphasis added]
go n nude

Ah, that pesky evidence matter. As sfxtd pointed out in the original response to this topic, it is not a matter for evidence to be presented against the UFO being extra-terrestrial; rather, logic demands that evidence must be presented to demonstrate that the phenomenon is from elsewhere. But the simplest, and therefore preferable, explanation is that the sighting is some terrestrial object which has not yet been identified. Remember, the initials stand for unidentified flying object. That means we don't know what it is. It would be a huge leap to assume then that this <we-don't-know-what> must therefore be a space vehicle from another galaxy. That would rather be the least likely explanation.
If you see a person on the street whose identity you don't know, would it be rational to assume that this person is the long-lost emperor of Patagonia, whose amnesia has caused him to wash dished in Hell's Kitchen since October of 1998? Or is it simpler to suppose this is another guy walking down the street? Until there is actual evidence to support the less likely, we should rationally suppose the more likely.
I, for one, will continue to believe that UFO's are unidentified - and that means we do not have evidence to suppose they are from beyond this solar system.

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 08/24/2008 :  5:31:04 PM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
old hippie,
Your reasoning is impeccable! Let's consider the more likely before assuming the fantastic.
And I applaud your pointing out what I meant to, but forgot to say: UFO means Unidentified Flying Object, not interstellar craft.

Randy

Edited by - nudeisntlewd on 09/17/2008 12:13:15 PM

Ranger191
Forum Member

Posted - 09/17/2008 :  1:50:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ranger191's Homepage  Send Ranger191 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
For the most part, I think most of the sightings are everyday objects taken out of context. By most, I mean 99.9% so 'almost all'. Its that 0.1% that I find interesting and 'unidentified'.

Having said that, it's a big universe out there and (if you believe one physics theory) its 16 big universes out there. Considering the abundance of life found on this planet and the constant surprising places that life is found (Antartica-below the ice, volcano vents in the ocean, etc) it seems unrealistic that Earth represents the sum total of life, intelligent or otherwise, in our universe.

While its fun to think that there are 'Ford Prefects' out there with their thumbs out catching rides from one galaxy to another, I find it surprising that there is so little actual evidence. Pictures only? No materials at all? Not one alien got scratched while on vacation and left some blood somewhere? Surely some alien has the bad taste to have the interstellar equivalent to purple velour tassles banging around the windshield with the fuzzy dice...these things break and fall out...

go n nude
Forum Member

Posted - 09/20/2008 :  1:03:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The truth is one thing thats missing from all the facts/fiction,they don't exsist even before sightings are reported, the rule of thumb is not be fact but truely fiction. Why would many too numerous to mention, for centuries claim to have encountered ufo's ,when or where we do,we can rest assured they don't exsist,we were imagineing or intoxicated or worse silly and you won't be taken serious until the truth is before all eyes, even though they don't exsist, they say/claim because they know beyond a doubt its fiction regardless of facts or truism. Who's telling the truth? Or wants to hear the truth? maybe not who knows? they aren't buying the story at all guaranteed Truth.

go n nude

PABiker
Forum Member

Posted - 09/20/2008 :  9:44:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I believe that with the vastness of space and all that exists within it the likelyhood is that life exists elswhere. I also believe that if a species exists capable of travel throughout the universe then they must be of a significantly higher intelligence. If, therefore, they posess this level of intelligence I doubt they would visit Earth outside of scientific curiosity and study. In the AAA book of space we must be the Newark NJ of the universe. With the constant fighting between nations and the crime in the streets, why would a intelligent creature visit here? We have a planet full of beauty, but it's definitely "visit at your own risk".

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 09/20/2008 :  11:57:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i totally agree pabiker.

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: An art project changed my self-view Topic Next Topic: No Topic Needed - Just Chatting - October 2008  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.22 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved