Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 470 ]  [ Total: 471 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Types of Nudist Recreation
 Which nudist category is right for you?
 Which type of nudism is right for you?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Where is your most favorite place to be nude? Topic Next Topic: Where do you travel most often to be nude?
Page: of 5

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 02/26/2004 :  07:18:45 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Good advice Calmnude.

Kim =^.^=

Nude Boy

Posted - 02/26/2004 :  10:57:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That was excellent advise Cheri that you gave Susan, lets keep those $$$$$$$$$$$$$ in the good old U.S.A. Besides you have a lot of excellent resorts right here in the United States.

NudeTLH
Forum Member

Posted - 06/27/2004 :  7:29:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The great thing about the foreign resorts, is that you do not have all of the judgmentalism that goes on here in the good old USA about everything including nudism.

Al

teddyj

Posted - 07/10/2004 :  10:35:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am an over sixty year old nudist who has been happily married to the same lady for over 30 years. The pair of us have reared 11 children and now regularly have the house swarming with our offspring and grandchildren. We look forward with great anticipation to visiting some of the Not Clothing optional, Adults Only, nudist facilities available here in Australia. We have never had problems from people misbehaving or behaving in an inappropriate manner. The same can't be said though about many nudist beaches and some family facilities we have experienced. teddy,J

teddyj

PapaShug
Forum Member

Posted - 07/14/2004 :  1:01:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with most of these replies and should strive to keep our nudie dollars in the US. I don't think a majority of US resort owners are rolling in the cash.

I prefer landed clubs. My preference for finding clubs is:

1) Join AANR. You'll use the discount on fees if nothing else.

2) Use the AANR website to find clubs. Research club websites.

3) Call and ask questions. Have your questions ready. Note to Resort Staff: Be Prepared.

4) Take the tour if you can.

5) Spend some time during your visit with a member. The first club I joined had three members assigned to me during my pre-membership visits. They didn't hover around. but would engage me in conversation during my visits. This served as a connection between myself and the club at large, and allowed the club to determine if I would be a good addition.

drhornist

Posted - 06/08/2005 :  2:59:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd like to get back to the forum name -- "Which type of nudism is right for you?"

As I wrote in my introduction, I've just recently started to "go nude" or at least in some state of undress almost all the time when I'm at home.

I know for a fact that I get nervous and really have to work at large crowds when clothed.

I am at a point, though, that I would like to try social nudity if I could find a place or group close enough out here in the Panhandle of Texas (driving for me, for a long distance, is out right now)

Should I work on finding a group, such as a non-landed club, for the first time?

My options are kind of limited out here.

Thanks.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 06/08/2005 :  3:25:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just searched TNS's website and AANR's website for a location in the Panhandle and found no listing in TX. If you go to www.nudistparksusa.net and insert your zip code, you might find something closer since other states are close to that area.
Nonlanded clubs can have their events any where their members are so you never know; there might be a nonlanded club in a neighboring state but have members in your backyard.

Regards, Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

NudeDen
Forum Member

Posted - 06/09/2005 :  03:08:22 AM  Show Profile  Send NudeDen an AOL message  Click to see NudeDen's MSN Messenger address  Send NudeDen a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
For now I'll just stick to the landed resorts that are family friendly as i'm not looking for anything other than relaxation. After i have checked them all out i might checkout the non-landed club.

jimmie51
Forum Member

Posted - 08/10/2005 :  3:00:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I honestly think too much of made of an "adult only" resorts. Yes they are more "adult" but it seems that the idea is that, that is bad. I am not sure where all of this comes from. I understand the idea of keeping nudity clean. Lord knows we don't need any more issues from the "non-understanding" side of the world, but just because people have different opinions or likings, what makes one better than the other. I see positives to all the different types of places, and to me I like the idea that I can have a variety of places to go visit that are definitely different. If I want to just go and chill I can go to a G rated resort. If I want to be romantic with my wife and have a weekend for just us then I can go to an "adult resort". We are not swingers, but hey they can be nudists to so why not have a place for them? LOL I guess it just seems that the popular opinion is if you are not a PURE nudist then it's not "right" or better yet, it's "wrong". I just don't agree, to each their own as far as I am concerned. I do agree that there should be a rating system of some sort. It would be nice to know what your getting into before you go. There are times that I don't want to be around the "party" atmosphere in anyway, with clothes on or off. That is when I would go to a G rated facility. But I do like to party some and watch people act all crazy and have fun, so then I would go to an "adult" resort. To me it's no different then going for coffee or going out for a beer, it's all about my mood and what I am into. Some times I just get bad feelings from all of the closed mindedness that goes on. I guess it bums me out to see it honestly. To me it is simple, be respectful of yourself, and be respectful of those that are around you, no matter where you are or what type of place you are at.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 08/10/2005 :  9:23:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jimmie, I agree, each to his/her own. However, I have a problem with those places that are less than g-rated advertising as nudist resorts or parks. You might get someone visiting for a first time, and that person(s) get the wrong impression of what naturism/nudism is about. We need to be vigilant to the general public as well. We've lost way too many venues over the years.
Regards, Cheri

-
-

jimmie51
Forum Member

Posted - 08/11/2005 :  09:23:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I totally agree with you, misrepresentation is one of the biggest challenges if not the biggest. However I have noticed quite a few people that refer to anything related to adult as "bad" or "wrong". Just as the general public is misinformed a lot of times and gives the wrong idea of nudism, the comments from inside the nudist lifestyle can give off the wrong idea of adult resorts. I just wish people would be more accurate with their words. Don't condemn a place or a group just cause it's not your thing. Cheri, I have yet to read anything where you have done anything like that, you seem to know what you like and let others make up their minds for themselves and just provide the facts. I think that is a GREAT way to promote nudity at any level. When we let our own personal morales or beliefs into the mix is when things become a problem. If you went to a resort and can provide a description then do so, but do it in a non-judgmental way. State facts not opinions I guess it what I am saying. For example. My wife and I went to Northaven this past weekend. I did a lot of checking around, and couldn't find a lot of info on it. All I knew was that they did party a little more than the traditional family resort, and it was adults only. We ended up having a great time and met a bunch of cool people and enjoyed being socially nude for the first time. If I would have read some of the posts here about "adult resorts" I would have never chosen Northaven. But because I didn't I went and had a wonderful time. Some here has mentioned a rating system before, I still think that is the best way to go.

old hippie
Forum Member

Posted - 09/04/2005 :  02:22:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bry

Question: Where can I get information on 'safe' au natural resorts for a family that includes two adult parents and a nine year old female. Nudism in the home is absolutely accepted, but planning a vacation in the Caribbean raises concerns about safety. Any help?

Bry,
My wife and I have spent two vacations on St.Martin, with visits to Orient Beach. I saw nothing on either visit that would make me concerned about a 9-yr-old in the company of parents. Other children were not abundant, but there were some.
As to the "keep-it-home" philosophy, I'll be glad to when I find a clean sandy US beach that isn't crowded, that I can walk to & from nude, with a few choices of bars & restaurants in walking distance for which I don't need clothes.
Enjoy,

the Old Hippie

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

r1954

Posted - 09/08/2005 :  09:45:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone,

I am very new to nudism. Only visited one family oriented resort in August and September. I have been attending every week since. I am married and have kids but I am one only one enjoying this lifestyle. As I have been reading I guess there are many types of nudist resorts and clubs. I prefer a family atmosphere. It embodies all the values I believe (textiles or nontextiles).

hikingman

Posted - 02/20/2008 :  9:39:48 PM  Show Profile  Send hikingman a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I first tried social nudity 3 years ago and have visited 5 different clubs they all where AANR clubs that adhear to certain rules that make it safe for the entire family to enjoy naturism .Bobby I haven't tried Timberline Lodge in crossville Tennessee yet but hope to soon .Ron

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 02/21/2008 :  5:14:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Timberline has been closed for over a year. Happily, Cherokee a club whose atmosphere is definitely more family-friendly than Timberline is just on the other side of I-40 plus it's built a whole lot better.
Cheri

-
-

Page: of 5 Previous Topic: Where is your most favorite place to be nude? Topic Next Topic: Where do you travel most often to be nude?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.36 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved