Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 487 ]  [ Total: 488 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Types of Nudist Recreation
 Which nudist category is right for you?
 When do nudists feel "naked"?
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: How often are you fully nude at home? Topic Next Topic: Where is your most favorite place to be nude?
Page: of 5

Phydeau
Forum Member

Posted - 05/24/2008 :  04:15:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Phydeau's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This was an odd thought that occurred to me as I'm trying to get to sleep. I once had a Jesuit monk reveal to me (at 90 years of age in the late 80's) that he and his friends were once "turned on" by seeing a woman's ankle. I've also heard that in societies where people cover up excessively, the littlest revelation provokes a similar response (the shape of a nose through a veil, etc.).

This may be something people won't respond to, because it's kind of intimidating. I don't want to make people uncomfortable, so I'll be fine if this thread dies. Don't answer if it's too revealing.

But as a nudist, have you ever felt "naked" around other nudists? And by that I mean in the emotional exposed/vulnerable sense? In other words, in an environment where people generally don't judge people physically, have you ever wondered if they would judge you for something else?

Basically what it boils down to is a funny thought I had on the balcony a few moments ago: "Do nudists ever have the nightmare about showing up to class naked?" But on a more serious tone, are you ever uncomfortable around other nudists, or do you feel more trusting around them than your textile friends?

Not a big concern of mine, but it's keeping me awake (mainly because I don't think I'm asking the right question, so if you know how to phrase it please pipe in), and I have a photo shoot in 5 hours.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 05/24/2008 :  09:49:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Naked means vulnerable (a VERY early definition). The only time I would feel naked would be if I'm nude in an inappropriate location. Such as wearing a less than perfectly tied pareo and going into a grocery store. I inadvertently did that a couple of years ago on the way back to Whispering Pines from our annual canude trip. I have learned to be more careful.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
http://pages.prodigy/cheridonna

FlCpl4NewdFun
Forum Member

Posted - 05/24/2008 :  12:16:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I feel naked when I'm nude but wearing shoes. I know that sounds a bit weird, but whether I'm around others that are nude or just working around the house, if I'm in a situation that requires shoes I just feel more naked. I guess it's because the vast majority of time when nude I'm either barefoot or wearing flip flops. But if I put on shoes for some reason something triggers in my brain to remind me I'm not wearing any other clothes and I feel naked for the first 10-15 minutes or so.

melissastarr
Forum Member

Posted - 05/24/2008 :  2:21:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit melissastarr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I feel naked when I'm nude and someone is looking at me carefully in a 'sizing me up' kind of way, especially when they're looking at private parts ever so carefully.

Melissa

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 05/24/2008 :  3:29:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Feeling "naked" in a nudist situation? Yes, this happened to me recently at a nude beach, as I was being "voyeured" by another male. His unsolicited attention was made me overly aware of my own nudity, hence vulnerable, hence "naked."

Most often, feeling "naked" in a nudist situation is usually the result of unsolicited attention. But one can also feel naked when through embarrassment or forgetfulness, such as the time I was rocking back and forth on a plastic chair, fell backwards and ended up on my back with my butt up in the air! My wife had that similar feeling when she suddenly became aware that going through her purse bent over with one knee propped up on a chair provided people around her with a "unique" viewpoint of her! Those are more accidental feelings of nakedness and can be easily laughed off; especially when surrounded by nudist friends.

Edited by - Nudony on 05/24/2008 4:01:22 PM

Rebecca
Forum Member

Posted - 05/24/2008 :  9:16:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't see any reason feeling naked in any way in a nudist environment (nudist resort etc.). The only people I remember "staring" were newcomers, a few days later they behaved like everybody else. So if "staring" helped them overcome their mental barriers, so be it, I don't care. After all, that there is nothing about our bodies to be ashamed of is basic to nudism. But, as Cheri says, it's different in a non-nudist environment.

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 05/24/2008 :  11:23:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rebecca brings to my mind an element I hadn't thought of: modesty. Yes, it is possible for someone completely nude to still be modest. Whether one feels "naked" in a nudist situation will have a lot to do with personal modesty. Modesty has in fact little to do with nudism; it's more about someone's upbringing and value system, with or without clothes on. And modesty is not about shame; it's more about decorum. Someone immodest (and I don't mean that in a negative way), will be less likely to be perturbed by staring or some "embarrassing" situation - because they don't feel constrained by decorum. And that's necessarily a bad thing, unless it takes on the form of exhibitionism.

Safebare
Forum Member

Posted - 05/25/2008 :  08:29:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The most naked I ever felt was riding (completely clothed) my motorcycle around loop 610 in Houston during heavy traffic. I guess I equate naked with vulnerable.

"Wearing nothing is devine, naked is a state of mind."

Little Fellow
Forum Member

Posted - 05/25/2008 :  11:12:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I feel naked if i am nude and there is a person looking through the window or if i am hiking and i meet a clothed hiker.

Some people say that staring at boobs or genitals makes someone feel naked but that just makes me feel insulted, those people are rude and intimdating

HappyDaz
Forum Member

Posted - 05/25/2008 :  1:02:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Interesting topic. I agree with both Cheri about naked being synonymous with vulnerability.

I had an experience similar to what Melissa described. On one of our visits to Cypress Cove, my wife was not feeling well and I went to the office/convenience store to get her some pepto bismol. There was clothed couple checking in or out as I waited to pay for my purchase. The woman kept looked at my penis the whole time we were stood there and it made me feel very uncomfortable. It wasn't a causal or curious glance, it was ill mannered staring.

Little Fellow
Forum Member

Posted - 05/25/2008 :  1:42:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ill-mannered is a perfect name for these people, there is a difference between textile curiosity and horny people who look at naturists like a peice of meat.

Edited by - Little Fellow on 05/26/2008 2:55:41 PM

Phydeau
Forum Member

Posted - 05/25/2008 :  10:14:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Phydeau's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The spark of this (I later realized) was an event that happened right after I got home. For some reason, I forgot to close the blinds to the sliding glass door before I went to work. When I got home, I had a wound I needed to clean, so I casually strolled into the kitchen (nude, of course, by that point) to get the paper towels. The second I saw the parking lot, where I knew there were people hanging out, I suddenly felt every square inch of my body like I had a spotlight on me. As it turns out, the kitchen counter would block me below the waist, and there were no people in my line-of-sight, anyway, but I still felt that change from "normal" to "very uncomfortable" instantaneously. I was about to duck before I realized how much was hidden by the counter. And I still had to dash back to my clothes, as there's a narrow area between the hall and the kitchen where I wouldn't be hidden.
From the sound of things, it seems like you guys have had similar experiences.

P.S. Melissa, pipe up more often. I enjoy hearing from you.

rhinoguy

Posted - 06/14/2008 :  3:06:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The most uncomfortable moments for me are when I check in at a nudist venue. That being the time I am surrounded by nude people but am, myself fully clothed. I wouldn't describe it as "feeling naked" but it is awkward. Even being a nudist there are times whn I do feel naked. Like when I am naked in a private non-nudist venue such as a bathroom or dressing room or bedroom and somebody inadvettyently walks in. I can say that I have never felt naked or awkward about being nude at a nudist resort.

brazhunter
Forum Member

Posted - 06/24/2008 :  3:14:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by melissastarr

I feel naked when I'm nude and someone is looking at me carefully in a 'sizing me up' kind of way, especially when they're looking at private parts ever so carefully.

Does that happen often? I'm trying to convince my wife to take the plunge and if that happens often, or at least the first couple of times, it will be the last time.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 06/24/2008 :  3:24:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by brazhunter

quote:
Originally posted by melissastarr

Does that happen often? I'm trying to convince my wife to take the plunge and if that happens often, or at least the first couple of times, it will be the last time.

In my visit to over 50 clubs, beaches, resorts, and parks, it's truly a rarity.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
http://pages.prodigy/cheridonna

go n nude
Forum Member

Posted - 06/24/2008 :  5:16:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I feel"naked" or awkward at times when e.g the school bus pulls into the resort to pickup or drop off resident children for school ( they are now the first&last stop) probably due to that fact, or the many service's and deliveries that must be made for the restaurant or residents, I'm sure they feel awkward also but in general they're friendly and except the fact its a nudist resort, I agree with many here i to when caught so to speak, modesty or embareassment i quess. As for those who stare i just try to ignore and its generally those who are just new to nudism and don't realize it, maybe they just like what see, and a friendly hello might help if they're that interested. That generally ends the gawking for the most part if thats all it is.

go n nude

Page: of 5 Previous Topic: How often are you fully nude at home? Topic Next Topic: Where is your most favorite place to be nude?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.2 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved