Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 178 ]  [ Total: 179 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudism, Sex and Sexuality
 Nudism and the "swinging" lifestyle
 White Cockatoo Resort closes doors to swingers
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: nudists & swingers Topic Next Topic: Have Questions about Nudism & Resorts
Page: of 5

nudeisbetter
Forum Member

Posted - 11/07/2008 :  05:47:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK, obviously it's a nice place apparently run by a guy who has no clue about customer service. It's ok - everyone can't be good at everything. I really don't see how arguing with customers or potential customers can possibly work for you, but apparently that's just the way he is (best route for him at this point is probably to go back, delete all his posts, and quietly disappear for a while.) Take it or leave it.

PeterRiden
Forum Member

Posted - 11/07/2008 :  5:23:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit PeterRiden's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As owner of a venture that caters to expected positive and open-minded human beings we certainly try to be candid as best one can.
Do we always succeed or is our approach always perceived as being as kind and warm as it should be?? Probably not!!
That shouldn't make us bad and/or our venture subject to undesired attacks. And those who might get frustrated might not be as bad as they come out, either. In all of this, if both sides have walked the extra step(s) towards open-mindedness... it might be ideal to walk forward in that same direction.. not conflicting with one another. There are enough real opposing enemies, out there, that those who share the same scope ought to be cerebrally understanding with one another. We all gain at the end.

In Friendship & Universality
Peter Riden {T.W.A.N. Founder}
http://www.the-worldwide-affiliate-network.com
{TGB Conceptor}: http://www.the-grand-barn.com

fipty801

Posted - 11/07/2008 :  7:17:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
PeterRiden,
I don't think you understand. If someone makes a statement they believe to be true, then someone has the right of reply. But I WILL NOT BE CALLED A LIAR by any prick. Especially Mr Tony Fox. If there is to be continued attacks on my integrity, then do not expect me to sit back and take it like a chump. Your peace, love and harmony rhetoric died in the sixties.
In the interest of fairness, here is another link to reviews of his resort:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g499676-d507258-Reviews-White_Cockatoo_Resort-Mossman_Queensland.html

It has both positive AND negative reports. But where else would you find a resort where the patrons are bullied and manhandled by the owner? Sorry, but this guy is off his rocker.

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 11/08/2008 :  1:49:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
fipty801, you were doing fine until you made it personal and ugly. You were the first to throw character jabs in this thread.

We don't allow resort bashing, or character bashing of any kind. If you have important things to say about some business or person, you had better be very diplomatic about it, or I'm put in the position to delete comments or memberships.

Since you're obviously making a direct character attack here, my policy would be to ask the attacked person if the post, or the poster, should remain. Ironic, huh?

You wouldn't be in this position if you hadn't made it personal and ugly. Who wants that?

And Tony, I'd like you to notice how these threads can go south quickly depending on the tone chosen by participants. Since you're an important member, a high degree of diplomacy would be recommended for best results.

I am personally glad fipty801 and Tony are both here. Fipty801 has made reservations at the White Cockatoo, and has interacted with the owner. We are lucky to have the owner of the White Cockatoo here as well, and responding to your comments. Earlier in this thread, someone brought up a security problem on the resort website, and without too much ado it was remedied. All this was done in full public view on our highly trafficked website with full transparency.

A direct and public interaction between the owner and his guest on this forum resulted in some improvement we can all enjoy. We see that as progress.

We all have our differences, let's just express them politely, okay? First hand experience, if presented fairly, is always welcome. That's all we are asking.

Tony Fox, your character has been attacked. I can remove posts that get nasty, or remove the entire thread, or let it all remain. What say you?

TheWhiteCockatoo
Forum Member

Posted - 11/09/2008 :  04:53:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit TheWhiteCockatoo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Admin,

Thank you for your input in this thread.

As Peter Riden said: (quote) As owner of a venture that caters to expected positive and open-minded human beings we certainly try to be candid as best one can.
Do we always succeed or is our approach always perceived as being as kind and warm as it should be?? Probably not!!
That shouldn't make us bad and/or our venture subject to undesired attacks. (unquote)

And to add to that: As owner of a venture that caters to expected positive and open-minded human beings we certainly try to be candid as best one can...
But, Sometimes alarm bells start going off when comments are made, questions are asked, or facts present themselves opposite to comments already made, that as an owner of such a venture one is very thankful when a future guest cancels of their own accord.

No doubt that this was the case in this instance, Admin, however it is unfortunate that you have the impression that fipty has been here, met me, or even spoken to me, therefore I would invite you, and others, to review the messages in this thread.

Obviously I am making every effort to be very diplomatic about the fipty situation, and am restraining myself from copying and pasting numerous statements he has made, or to even factually refute some of his comments above, however I will say that the month of March '09 that fipty booked for has only 2 rules: Almost No rules are applicable for this month however Naturally illegal drugs, camera use, and unapproved photos being taken of other guests, no matter where on the property, will see immediate expulsion from the resort.

It would seem to me that perhaps a no cameras rule would see someone who is so much into doing photoshoots, in sexual situations (as fipty stated above), might have a problem with this...

Fortunately every time that fools publish anything at all about us we actually gain even more free publicity and time has taught us that the nice people always seem to work it out for themselves. I re-iterate comments comments shown via http://www.thewhitecockatoo.com/GuestComments.html

Needless to say if bullying or manhandling of guests was something I am personally guilty of I would have been closed down well before now by the authorities! Not to mention any factual back-up never having been provided as such by anybody anywhere!

If this thread disappears fipty will only carry on elsewhere, so no big deal in my mind.

I do thank you for the opportunity to voice my opinion and thoughts on this thread, directly to your question, but my skin has become immune to silly character assasinations so I'm cool with it staying.

Maybe next time I won't try to be so diplomatic.... Should I name and shame??? Good enough to name me, although my life is public anyway, but no names ever in attacks....

Surely it all starts to make sense???

Kind Regards

Tony Fox

Proprietor @ The White Cockatoo
Web : http://www.thewhitecockatoo.com
Email : info@thewhitecockatoo.com
Ph. +61 7 40982222
Fax. +61 7 40982221
9 Alchera Drive,
Mossman, Qld 4873,
Australia

fipty801

Posted - 11/09/2008 :  07:05:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Admin and White Cockatoo,

I reckon I'm entitled to get personal if someone calls me a liar. After all, isn't accusing me of lying a personal attack in itself? I'm not really concerned who gets upset about it.

Admin,
Happy for you to remove any post I've put up here. After all, it's your right. I'm not a "naturist," so it's irrelavent to me. The only thing that brought me to this site was a result from google search.

Tony,
I get no pleasure from discounting your accusations. I have no intention to "carry on elsewhere," unless I am asked an opinion about my dealings with White Cockatoo. My experience has not been a positive one, but surely you won't mind, due to the free publicity.

Regards,

J. Hope

AKA

fipty801

TheWhiteCockatoo
Forum Member

Posted - 11/10/2008 :  11:42:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit TheWhiteCockatoo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
John,

It is beyond me why you would pay a non-refundable deposit, (via credit card details on an unsecure site if others in this thread are correct) provide photos and details about yourselves, along with all sorts of other details easily accessed about yourself with a username google search, without doing some prior basic research yourself before booking here for March '09.
WTF???

To then cancel of your own free will, months out from the booking itself, and then launch such attacks on myself personally when never having even spoken to me, let alone met me, is just odd...
WTF???

You will do what you will do but please don't forget to mention: quote "We also know that there has been many positive reports about your resort from overseas visitors,..." unquote sent from you showing Johnny Rotten as the sender in your cancellation email to me.
WTF???

Therefore I can only assume you have been busy finding, mostly very old, links since to post here in criticism of our property and myself personally.
WTF???

Tony Fox

Ph. +61 7 40982222
Fax. +61 7 40982221
9 Alchera Drive,
Mossman, Qld 4873,
Australia

PS. The question marks on the WTF's above are in no way to be miscontrued as an invitation to reply... lol

fipty801

Posted - 11/11/2008 :  02:05:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nonetheless I will reply.

I paid the deposit because I was under the impression you required it, and it showed we were serious about attending.

I did do some research about your resort, including asking you some questions about what goes on etc during March, because of the negative feedback I'd seen while trying to get some background info.

The reasons I cancelled the booking were:

a. Your accusation I was trying to organise a takeover group during March, and the way you responded by informing us that you already knew about the yahoo group. Including nasty messages from another couple who obviously know you and I believe joined the group simply to keep you updated (spies?). Right or wrong, that is what I think happened,

b. Your threat to cancel our booking (very happy we hadn't purchased airfares), and

c. Emailing the webmaster and myself regarding a comment I made on another website, that had nothing to do with your resort, but showed some paranoid behaviour on your behalf. This confirmed to me that you are spying on potential guests under the guise of "protecting" your business. I mean, if your resort is not "caravans by the river," don't you think it would have been better to chuckle to yourself and think "They'll be pleasantly surprised when they arrive at White Cockatoo?"

Tony, my partner and I simply wanted a week in the sun, partying with "likeminded" adults, and some time to ourselves. We would have respected ALL your rules, regardless of how silly they seemed to us. We weren't expecting a "Desire" or "Hedonism" type of place. We also believed the prices quoted and the inclusions make it potentially excellent value for money, irrespective of whether it's March or not.

We will just have to find somewhere else.

Edited by - fipty801 on 11/11/2008 02:16:10 AM

TheWhiteCockatoo
Forum Member

Posted - 11/11/2008 :  02:55:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit TheWhiteCockatoo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fipty801

Nonetheless I will reply.

I did do some research about your resort, I mean, if your resort is not "caravans by the river," don't you think it would have been better to chuckle to yourself and think "They'll be pleasantly surprised when they arrive at White Cockatoo?"

We also believed the prices quoted and the inclusions make it potentially excellent value for money, irrespective of whether it's March or not.

Thank You John.

Considering you have never been here, met me, or even spoken to me, I must give you credit for accurracy in your latest observations

Tony Fox

Ph. +61 7 40982222
Fax. +61 7 40982221
9 Alchera Drive,
Mossman, Qld 4873,
Australia

fipty801

Posted - 11/11/2008 :  04:39:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tony,

Why do you think we booked in the first place?

Do you think I'd book a holiday, pay a deposit and then cancel for the sole intention of getting into a war of words with the proprietor?

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 11/11/2008 :  11:33:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gentlemen, please. Enough already. We get it. Never mind having to have the last word. As the late Senator George Aiken said in a very different context, it's time to 'declare victory and go home'.

CalTom
Forum Member

Posted - 11/14/2008 :  4:23:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,24638480-952,00.html

But he seems like such a friendly chap. Look at his smile...his wife is smiling too!

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 11/14/2008 :  6:59:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Any controversial matter begets passionate responses. The trick of it all is to control onself, and to conquer oneself, and that indeed is always the most difficult challenge we can have. That done, is the kernel of civilization.

That government governs best, which governs least - Thomas Jefferson

TheWhiteCockatoo
Forum Member

Posted - 11/17/2008 :  9:06:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit TheWhiteCockatoo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
posted in another thread but meant to post here.

The World Has Gone Crazy!

Free publicity is a wonderful thing but anyone would think that what we are doing here in March is new.... it's not!!!

But the World has gone crazy in grabbing this and running with it.

Do we mind? Hell No!!! lol

A simple google on The White Cockatoo Nudist Resort could keep you amused for days reading through the hundreds of articles, sites, and forums where it's being shown.....

However.... the most hilarious of all we have seen online is the following... well I think it's hilarious any way ;-)

Alice Bedsprings, Australia - Worried about the upcoming world recession? No need. Just book a holiday at Australia's 'Anything Goes' nude party resort to chase those blues away.

"Abso-bloddy-lutely! What will happen, will happen," prophesised Cinnamon Cockatoo resort owner Billy Bong. "We can't all just call it a day and cark it. And it won't do us any good to chuck a wobbly neither."

"They've made a right dog's breakfast of the global economy," proclaimed Mr Bong, swigging on his stubbie. "So here at the Cinnamon Cockatoo, we've decided to lift everyone's spirits with our 'Anything Goes' nude party."

Billy Bong contrasted the Aussie approach to impending doom and gloom with the final scenes on the Titanic.

"When all those passengers were left on the Titanic and about to kick the bucket, what did they do?" asked Bong rhetorically. "They struck up the band and played Waltzin' Matilda."

"That was fine in 1912, but today we're going to jazz it up like a pavlova," asserted Billy Bong. "All our jackaroos and jillaroos will be totally in the nuddy and happy as pigs in mud. No room for misery guts at our Anything Goes nude party here at the Cockie."

"We're fed up to the back teeth with all this non-stop negativity in the news every day. Here in Oz we like to party, barbie, drink hearty, and have sex, and not necessarily in that order," explained Bong, proffering a bowl of frangers displayed prominently on his desk.

Reservations at the Cinnamon Cockatoo have been pouring in ever since the announcement of the Anything Goes nude party.

Sheila Cackleberry, head hostess at the resort, reported her pleasant surprise at the increase in international bookings for the nude event.

"Lots of Seppos have booked in," said Ms Cackleberry, explaining that a Seppo was a derogatory term for an American, 'septic tank' rhyming with 'yank'.

"We've got some pretty high profile Seppos coming in for our Anything Goes nude party as well," shared Sheila in hushed tones. "Of course I can't tell you who. Let's just say that this resort used to be called the White Cockatoo and now we changed it to the Cinnamon Cockatoo, hint, hint."

In addition to all-you-can-drink alcohol, 24 hour all-you-can-eat buffets, non-stop nude foam bubble parties, and plenty of sex-on-the-beach, lots of live entertainment will be on offer as well.

"We tossed around the Titanic theme and thought of a nude Celine Dion singing My Heart Will Go On, but that idea got tossed back into the ocean pretty quickly," said a wincing Ms Cackleberry.

"So far we've booked in Georgina Baillie and the Satanic Sluts to do their nude burlesque show," confirmed head hostess Sheila Cackleberry. "And luckily Russell Brand happened to be free to do his comedy routine. When we told Brand it was an Anything Goes nude party, he waived his fee just like that."

"And we're likely to get Miley Cyrus doing a nude spoof of Michael Jackson's Thriller," shared a breathless Ms Cackleberry, adding, "As soon as we verify that she turns 16 this month."

Cinnamon Cockatoo owner Billy Bong said that while spaces are filling up fast, the Australian resort is still taking reservations for its Anything Goes nude party.

"Like I said, what goes around comes around, and I don't just mean STDs. The economy sucks big time right now," proclaimed Bong, "but it won't last forever like the Australian drought."

"So get in a nude party mood dude, and come on Down Under. Just be careful who you tailgate, mate."

The story above is a satire or parody. It is entirely fictitious.

TheWhiteCockatoo
Forum Member

Posted - 11/19/2008 :  05:26:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit TheWhiteCockatoo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fipty801

Tony,
I get no pleasure from discounting your accusations. I have no intention to "carry on elsewhere," but surely you won't mind, due to the free publicity.

Regards,

J. Hope

AKA

fipty801

John,

Hope
springs eternal and I sincerely thank you for motivating me to go to work...

http://www.thewhitecockatoo.com/TheStoryThusFar.html

Page: of 5 Previous Topic: nudists & swingers Topic Next Topic: Have Questions about Nudism & Resorts  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.66 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved