Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 166 ]  [ Total: 166 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudism, Sex and Sexuality
 Nudism and the "swinging" lifestyle
 White Cockatoo Resort closes doors to swingers
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: nudists & swingers Topic Next Topic: Have Questions about Nudism & Resorts
Page: of 5

TheWhiteCockatoo
Forum Member

Posted - 10/27/2008 :  01:23:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit TheWhiteCockatoo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It is most interesting that someone else has kicked this thread off again today, by posting the previous message, and then I just happen to stop by to see what is happening...

Admin originally posted a copy of a newsletter of ours way back in January '05, that started this thread, and I see someone else posted a more recent newsletter a few months back in another thread.

But Yes, The White Cockatoo Nudist Resort did close it's doors to swingers back in '05. This has remained in place since then and has been strictly enforced.

Was it a good move? Probably not.

Have we attracted more "pure" Nudists? Possibly.

Did the change cost us a lot of business? Absolutely!

Did the attacks stop? Nope, but maybe more swingers attacking us now than the self proclaimed "Pure / Genuine" nudist attacks prior to '05.

Geez.... I've even seen attacks from swingers in this forum, who haven't mentioned that lifestyle fact in messages here, yet tried to portray a holier than thou image while spouting rubbish!

We haven't replied to any attacks here, and don't ever intend to, and we don't bother responding elsewhere either.

That's not to say we don't care about our guests opinions.

In fact entirely the opposite.

We care very much.

But we only care about nice guests, not the idiotic minority who seem to keep appearing on these forums attacking resorts worldwide while very rarely stating anything factual, especially in revealing their identity.

Starting to rant, so I shall stop that train of thought, other than to say I totally understand, and support, - -'s various modes of operation to gain more guests.

And it is definite differences in dates and targetted groups that is important, just as it is with us.

Yes, We do operate as a Nudist Resort - BUT ONLY for part of the year.

It is my belief that Nudists have absolutely no right to make judgements about my methods of operation at other times of the year, outside of their designated season!

Therefore... Just to clarify...

For the complete website for The White Cockatoo visit http://www.thewhitecockatoo.com

Actually, The North Americans here should really check us out.... Exchange rate works out at less then 1/2 price for you guys ;-)

If a Nudist and seeking a Nude Only Tropical Holiday visit http://www.thewhitecockatoo.com/aboutus.html

If Not a Nudist but seeking a Clothed Only Tropical Holiday visit http://www.thewhitecockatoo.com/twcFacilities.html

If somewhere in the middle, and seeking a Clothing Optional Anything Goes Tropical Holiday visit http://www.thewhitecockatoo.com/AdultsOnlyMarch09.html

I trust that covers all bases and should provide something for all that visit here ;-)

Tony Fox
Proprietor
@ The White Cockatoo
Web : http://www.thewhitecockatoo.com
Email : info@thewhitecockatoo.com
Ph. +61 7 40982222
Fax. +61 7 40982221
9 Alchera Drive,
Mossman, Qld 4873,
Australia

Edited by - TheWhiteCockatoo on 11/19/2008 05:47:15 AM

PeterInMelbourne

Posted - 10/31/2008 :  06:13:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here my exchange of e-mails with the owner of the white cockatoo. No need to comment. Make up your own mind if you want to stay there.

To: The White Cockatoo
Sent: Friday, October 31, 2008 4:52 PM
Subject: Adults only in March

Hi,
I'm interested in booking a week in March at your resort. I'd like to know if you still accept bookings from single males.
I have been to a Swinger's resort before, enjoyed it and want to repeat the experience.
I also noticed that your booking page with the credit card information is not encrypted. Could I make a booking by phone?

Kind regards
Peter

To: Peter
Sent: Friday, 31 October, 2008 6:11:47 PM
Subject: Re: Adults only in March
Peter,

It would appear you have perhaps not read our page specific to March 09 given some of your questions and statements made in your message.

Therefore please view all details via http://www.thewhitecockatoo.com/AdultsOnlyMarch09Details.html and reservations may only be made via the reservations page accessible from there.

Regards

Tony Fox

Sent: Friday, October 31, 2008 5:24 PM

it's not safe to use a non-secure webpage for requesting credit card information..

To: Peter
Sent: Friday, 31 October, 2008 6:59:07 PM
#65279;
We will therefore assume you will not be attending in March 09.

Sent: Friday, October 31, 2008 6:05 PM

yes,
hopefully there will be a repeat a year after and you get your webpage sorted in the meantime?
It's a pity, I'm sure it's gonna be fun. But I simply don't want to risk credit card trouble.

To: M Peter
Sent: Friday, 31 October, 2008 6:59:07 PM

Of the literally thousands of enquiries, and numerous bookings held already, you are the 1st to even mention this therefore it would seem you would not fit in any way!
And... Just because you might have an opinion about booking online being unsafe does not make it so.
We have been operating on the manner we do for 7 years with never a problem.
Now go bother someone else!!!

bornnude
Forum Member

Posted - 10/31/2008 :  07:32:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PeterInMelbourne

To: M Peter

Of the literally thousands of enquiries, and numerous bookings held already, you are the 1st to even mention this therefore it would seem you would not fit in any way!
And... Just because you might have an opinion about booking online being unsafe does not make it so.
We have been operating on the manner we do for 7 years with never a problem.
Now go bother someone else!!!

All the other stuff aside, a secure page to take credit card info is a must have these days. I know the cost is more and it is inconvenient but....

I'd suggest you offer paypal (or something like that) as a payment method option if you don't want to do that. I believe their fees are cheaper than a credit card companies fees.

The implications not using https (http over Secure Socket Layer -- ssl) is that credit card info as well as the other stuff goes clear text, unencrypted across the web from my server to yours. A hacker can catch every piece of traffic and have easy use of one of your client's accounts.

Edited by - bornnude on 10/31/2008 07:35:57 AM

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 10/31/2008 :  09:00:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was recently in Queensland, and considered staying at the White Cockatoo. But, swinger issues aside, there are a number of posts on several different travel sites from guests who have complained of the rather high-handed, rude way they were treated by Tony Fox. There are few other C/O alternatives in Queensland, but I decided I didn't need to spend tons of money to visit Australia only to worry about how I was going to be treated by resort management. We stayed elsewhere, and reports like the one from PeterInMelbourne suggest I made the right call. Maybe business at the Cockatoo is so good that they feel there is no risk in alienating potential customers.

TheWhiteCockatoo
Forum Member

Posted - 10/31/2008 :  4:27:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit TheWhiteCockatoo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The reason PeterInMelbourne received the replies he did was because of the sentence in his 1st message that said: "I have been to a Swinger's resort before, enjoyed it and want to repeat the experience."

We are not a Swingers resort so a single male with that thought process is never welcome, no matter how they might choose to pay, and nowhere on the March page is this term mentioned.

No need to comment. Make up your own mind if you want to stay here, but if you are anything like PeterInMelbourne please don't bother!

Tony Fox
Proprietor
@ The White Cockatoo
Ph. +61 7 40982222
Fax. +61 7 40982221
9 Alchera Drive,
Mossman, Qld 4873,
Australia

Edited by - TheWhiteCockatoo on 11/19/2008 05:49:51 AM

PeterInMelbourne

Posted - 10/31/2008 :  5:04:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
just wondering what these links are for on his site...

http://www.thewhitecockatoo.com/AdultsOnlyMarch09Links.html

There is also an ad for the white cockatoo on:
http://www.ausswingers.com.au/news/show/16-the-white-cockatoo:
"Adults Only @ The White Cockatoo
Unique In Australasia! Australasia's Version of the Hugely Successful Hedonism Resorts! 1 Month Only - March 2009. Fun In The Sun! March '09 - Clothing Optional - Adults Only - Almost Anything Goes!
A totally clothing optional adults only month with almost no rules applicable! "

and a calendar entry for March 2009 at
http://www.vixen.com.au/results/calender_set.htm
"Unique In Australasia! Australia's version of the hugely successful Hedonism Resorts! 1 Month Only - March 2009. Fun In The Sun! Events including Almost Anything Goes! See web site for more info.."

if you don't know about the hedonism resorts: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hedonism_Resorts

Edited by - PeterInMelbourne on 11/01/2008 03:19:01 AM

thornapplebison
Forum Member

Posted - 11/01/2008 :  04:36:19 AM  Show Profile  Send thornapplebison a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Really, though...Asking someone to give credit card info across an unencrypted connection is like asking for the same information to be posted to this forum. You say that there haven't been any problems, but how could you know? If the information was intercepted and used for identity theft, there would be almost no way to know that the information was obtained in conjunction with your site.

Unlike most users, hackers know how to cover their tracks.

All other issues aside, you're doing a horrible disservice to your clientele. You may even be complicit in crime.

Evidence: http://www.thewhitecockatoo.com/onlinereservation.html

Edited by - thornapplebison on 11/01/2008 04:40:15 AM

TheWhiteCockatoo
Forum Member

Posted - 11/01/2008 :  5:45:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit TheWhiteCockatoo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Taking onboard your comments thornapplebison I have spent a few minutes making some simple adjustments to both online reservations pages, mentioned in this thread, now providing another option to provide credit card details directly via telephone.

Feel free to comment further should you feel anything else should be added.

See... We do care about genuine comments ;-)

Altered pages may now be viewed:

Nudist Season via http://www.thewhitecockatoo.com/onlinereservation.html

and the separate
Adults Only - March '09 via http://www.thewhitecockatoo.com/onlinereservationMarch09.html

Tony Fox
Proprietor
@ The White Cockatoo
Ph. +61 7 40982222
Fax. +61 7 40982221
9 Alchera Drive,
Mossman, Qld 4873,
Australia

thornapplebison
Forum Member

Posted - 11/01/2008 :  7:23:11 PM  Show Profile  Send thornapplebison a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
That's cool, Cockatoo. Paypal would be nice, too. But taking a card over the phone is a cheap and safe alternative.

thornapplebison
Forum Member

Posted - 11/01/2008 :  11:05:06 PM  Show Profile  Send thornapplebison a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I checked the link. It's clear what Cockatoo wants you to do. However, a smart consumer will take advantage of the opportunity to protect himself. In modern commerce, that's about all we can ask for, I guess. Caveat emptor.

PeterInMelbourne

Posted - 11/02/2008 :  03:18:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TheWhiteCockatoo

... I have spent a few minutes ... now providing another option to provide credit card details directly via telephone.

that's all I had asked for in the first place..
No need to make statements like "Of the literally thousands of enquiries, and numerous bookings held already, you are the 1st to even mention this [credit card security concerns] therefore it would seem you would not fit in any way! ... Now go bother someone else!!!" and, addressing readers of this forum: "Make up your own mind if you want to stay here, but if you are anything like PeterInMelbourne please don't bother!"

Anyway, I'm glad people have the option to make safe bookings now.

I also wished he made it clearer who the March 09 event is for. Advertising it on swinger's websites and then refusing guests because they expect to have a swinger's holiday doesn't make sense to me.

Most of the time I'm neither a nudist nor a swinger (mainly due to lack of opportunity), but when I do engage in either activity I find it very important to know and respect what is appropriate under the given circumstances.

I can only hope that anyone visiting the resort will have a better experience with Tony and enjoy his or her stay there.

fipty801

Posted - 11/06/2008 :  5:11:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Initially we thought we must have rubbed Tony Fox the wrong way somehow. It seems obvious after reading several forums that it is he who is abrasive.

We recently cancelled our reservation at White Cockatoo.

We found a few things that weren't sitting right with us:
a. The comparison to Hedonism Resorts APPEARS to be at odds with White Cockatoo's operating procedures,
b. False accusations from Tony Fox claiming we were trying to organise a "takeover group" regarding our attempt to introduce ourselves to others who are attending their "Adults Only" month via an online web group,
c. A threat to cancel our reservation,
d. Tony Fox sending an email to a webmaster that referred to a comment I made on that site's forum, asking if it would "cheapen their site" if he advertised White Cockatoo on that site AND emailing me with a snide remark about my post, and
e. His willingness to name and place photos of former guests who he expelled from White Cockatoo for what would seem fairly minor infractions of White Cockatoo's rules,

I believe Tony Fox did not want our business from the minute we indicated we were "swingers." That is fine. He should not have accepted our booking in the first place. We were quite clear about what we were looking for, and decided the compromise White Cockatoo offered was the best in Australia. After all, we could work on our tans all day, and head to Cairns to play with friends in the evening if we chose to. Without any qualification, I think leaving the resort would have put us offside with Tony even further!

Comparing his resort to Hedonism is surely designed to attract swingers. If it's not meant to do that, then he should change his advertising, or upgrade White Cockatoo to four or five star. At least make it somewhat comparable to Hedonism!

Tony Fox has the interpersonal skills of a rock. Any question asked is answered with a "read between the lines" answer or terse response. It's like communicating with a teenager. There is a difference between directness and evasive rudeness.

Does anyone else think it's wierd that there is so much negativity about Tony, and MOST of it begins before you even get to the resort? Alas, we will never know.

White Cockatoo is probably a great place for nudists, but I don't think being "allowed" to wear clothes or have a drink before noon constitutes "Adult" activities.

TheWhiteCockatoo
Forum Member

Posted - 11/06/2008 :  5:42:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit TheWhiteCockatoo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fipty801

Initially we thought we must have rubbed Tony Fox the wrong way somehow. It seems obvious after reading several forums that it is he who is abrasive.

We recently cancelled our reservation at White Cockatoo.

We found a few things that weren't sitting right with us:
a. The comparison to Hedonism Resorts APPEARS to be at odds with White Cockatoo's operating procedures, False for March '09
b. False accusations from Tony Fox claiming we were trying to organise a "takeover group" regarding our attempt to introduce ourselves to others who are attending their "Adults Only" month via an online web group, You Were.
c. A threat to cancel our reservation, False!
d. Tony Fox sending an email to a webmaster that referred to a comment I made on that site's forum, asking if it would "cheapen their site" False if he advertised White Cockatoo on that site AND emailing me with a snide remark about my post, and
e. His willingness to name and place photos of former guests who he expelled from White Cockatoo for what would seem fairly minor infractions of White Cockatoo's rules, False, When, Where? Only ever published one couple on our own site, but this guest was not expelled. Rather he sucked up constantly when here then attacked ad nauseum after leaving.

I believe Tony Fox did not want our business from the minute we indicated we were "swingers." False That is fine. He should not have accepted our booking in the first place. We were quite clear about what we were looking for, and decided the compromise White Cockatoo offered was the best in Australia. After all, we could work on our tans all day, and head to Cairns to play with friends in the evening if we chose to. Without any qualification, I think leaving the resort would have put us offside with Tony even further! False

Comparing his resort to Hedonism is surely designed to attract swingers. If it's not meant to do that, then he should change his advertising, or upgrade White Cockatoo to four or five star. At least make it somewhat comparable to Hedonism!

Tony Fox has the interpersonal skills of a rock. Any question asked is answered with a "read between the lines" answer or terse response. It's like communicating with a teenager. There is a difference between directness and evasive rudeness.

Does anyone else think it's wierd that there is so much negativity about Tony, and MOST of it begins before you even get to the resort? Alas, we will never know.

White Cockatoo is probably a great place for nudists, It Is but I don't think being "allowed" to wear clothes or have a drink before noon constitutes "Adult" activities. It Doesn't.

Breaking my own rules and replying directly to this with brief replies included in above quote.

Every single email to and from this poster is saved on file so it is not really difficult for me to provide the actual details.

Needless to say that doing so would name and shame here and then I would provide proof of one of his comments above, so I'll just hold them for now...

Must be lots of new members waiting at the gates here to get in and post a message or two of attack....

Comments from guests who have actually been here are always available via http://www.thewhitecockatoo.com/GuestComments.html

Tony Fox

PeterInMelbourne

Posted - 11/06/2008 :  8:04:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fipty801

Does anyone else think it's wierd that there is so much negativity about Tony, and MOST of it begins before you even get to the resort?

Very weird behaviour on his side indeed (see my previous posts). I'm very glad that I noticed it BEFORE going to the resort...

fipty801

Posted - 11/06/2008 :  10:53:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

All the below goes against MY rule of not having a battle of wits with an unarmed man.

Tony,

1. I must take exception to be called a liar. My partner and I, and other invitees to our yahoo group, WERE NOT trying to organise ANY takeover your resort. This was CLEARLY stipulated on the front page of the group site. This is regardless of your interpretation of what we were trying to achieve.
The ONLY activities we wanted to organise before we arrived was a photoshoot (one of our hobbies)and see if there was anyone attending that we might consider potential playmates (in our room, with the lights off, mouths closed and cameras locked in your safe).

2. Your memory is poor regarding the not so veiled threat to cancel our reservation, which is what you did after informing you that we had set up a site:
"We are aware of all going on and have yet to make a decision as to whether to cancel, or not, some reservations in place."
That is a direct quote from an email received from White Cockatoo. Don't know about anyone else, but I'd consider that a threat to cancel our reservation!

3. I have no intention of dragging the other webmaster into this site's forum. My only comment regarding THAT issue: I am not a liar. They are not liars either.

4. Here is a link to just ONE site that explains how SOME - note I said SOME Tony, not ALL - people feel about White Cockatoo:
http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive/Uk/uk.rec.naturist/2005-10/msg00403.html
Feel free to browse the replies to the initial thread as well. Tony's a friendly guy!

5. My apologies for stating the named people on your website were evicted. In that regard, I was wrong. I actually got that info from another website (not the one linked above).

6. I hope everyone attending White Cockatoo in March has a ripping time, just like Hedonism. -;)

Page: of 5 Previous Topic: nudists & swingers Topic Next Topic: Have Questions about Nudism & Resorts  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.27 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved