Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 445 ]  [ Total: 445 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudism, Sex and Sexuality
 Nudism and the "swinging" lifestyle
 White Cockatoo Resort closes doors to swingers
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: nudists & swingers Topic Next Topic: Have Questions about Nudism & Resorts
Page: of 5

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 03/15/2005 :  9:50:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Reprinted from the White Cockatoo website

"The White Cockatoo", a resort in Australia, details a change in policy for its nude use to exclude swingers.

To all that matter,

What an interesting few days it has been to the start of 2005 for us, and that's an understatement!

Many of you will have seen on our website, or via an email sent, that we were ceasing operation as a Nudist resort from 1st January. This decision was based on the number of unfortunate incidents, that have occurred on an ongoing basis, during our Nude seasons.

This announcement caused an immediate outpouring of emails, telephone calls, and personal visits from many offering support and encouragement to us, and thus we've taken onboard many comments of advice in making a further decision to continue.

We are now in our 3rd season, and see the need for an immediate distinct change of tactics to alleviate problems in the future, and to continue to provide Australasia's Premier Nudist Resort to Nudists. This will now continue, albeit with some changes which should not in any way effect Nudists themselves.

We seek to outline these changes here, but firstly will openly admit to being wrong in parts of our method of operation prior to January 1st 2005, and certainly way off base in what we thought was a good marketing strategy.

We also offer sincere apologies to any whose holidays may have been thrown into disarray during this difficult decision making process.

As long time Nudists we had stayed at numerous other Nudist establishments, Australia wide, before purchasing The White Cockatoo in 2002, and almost always were propositioned by swingers also staying at those establishments. We obviously figured that swingers are a part of the Nudist market, just as they are a part of everyday life, and therefore part of our marketing strategy has been to be open and accommodating to all with an alternative lifestyle choice, separate to Nudism.

We have never made any secret of this aspect of our resort, and in fact the following was openly displayed within our usual website as part of our Frequently Asked Questions : "We have seen The White Cockatoo advertised on Swingers & Gay sites. What does this mean ? That we are open to all lifestyles and do not discriminate. Being a national and international destination, we promote The White Cockatoo to many market segments, from birdwatchers, seniors, disabled, hikers, bikers, and numerous other lifestyles. We, like many resorts world wide have a very open mind to all our guests needs, and the nudist lifestyle is just one of those segments. We welcome all to The White Cockatoo. As Nudists, in the minority of society, and a group often discriminated against we do not believe we have the right to discriminate against anybody whatever their lifestyle or background. Naturally those from different lifestyles are expected to be discreet in their activities or face immediate expulsion from our resort."

We assumed that this information, plus the specific information presented on our actual Swinger Friendly site at http://www.tropicsfun.com would have made it very clear that while we were open to alternative lifestyles a certain code of behaviour needed to be adhered to. We believed that by offering a place for Swingers to meet they would respect our simple guidelines and not misbehave or play games. Unfortunately this has proved not to be the case!

We have always explained to the Swingers market that if they were to indicate their lifestyle choice to us we would endeavour to introduce them to likeminded others who had indicated the same. Simple we thought, and easily managed. How wrong we were !

Not only have Swingers stayed here without indicating their lifestyle choice, thus allowing us to provide a discreet introduction to likeminded others, many of those have blatantly disregarded the most important rule this resort has : "No means No - Always respect others boundaries. Overt sexual pressure or behaviour will not be tolerated." This has caused those involved to be evicted from the resort, and in some cases the police have had to be called to assist in these evictions. Unfortunately other guests have not always been aware of reasons for these evictions, raised voices, and in some cases aggressive behaviour displayed.

We do not feel the need to go into specifics of any particular instance, but the frequency of problems has now motivated us to simply say : "If a Swinger please do not make a reservation to stay at The White Cockatoo. We are no longer Swinger friendly, and will not be involved in any marketing of, hosting of, or anything at all to do with the Swingers lifestyle. Unfortunately a minority has ruined it for the majority."

So again, We openly admit how wrong we were in thinking we could successfully manage our resort with various lifestyle groups together, and we sincerely apologise to any guests who may have been affected by this previous method of operation. Be assured this will never occur again.

To all those who have offered such strong encouragement and advice over the last few days we extend our heartfelt thanks.

The White Cockatoo has proved that there is a need in Australasia for a Nudist Resort of the quality of ours, providing all the facilities and tours we offer. From a business perspective the Nudist aspect of The White Cockatoo has been a financial success, and our decision to continue is also partly motivated by the need for this resort to survive into the future.
We believe that many of our other methods of operation have proven to be the only way to go, with our Nude Only philosophy being very much responsible for our success thus far. This philosophy stands and will never alter as long as we operate as a Nudist Resort.

We hope those who have sought to discredit us by making public our Swinger Friendly status, which we never made any secret of anyway, are able to find something else to amuse themselves with in the future.

We look forward to continued success, and to welcoming many new guests in the upcoming months and years. We also very much look forward to not having to be constantly watching guests behaviour, assuming that usual rules of life apply and untoward behaviour will not eventuate with our Nudist guests.

Please feel free at anytime to contact us with any thoughts, comments, or questions which as always will be answered in an open and honest manner.

Our sincerest thanks to all that matter.
Kind Regards
Tony & Lenore Fox
Proprietors.

Reprinted from the White Cockatoo website. This information is provided for education and community discussion. Nudist-Resorts.Org is not affiliated with the White Cockatoo Resort.

Add your comments here by clicking Reply to Topic.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 03/16/2005 :  01:00:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gutsy move man......I admire them for noticing a change needed to be made and then to carry it out.

I wish White Cockatoo was closer, I'd book a week!

Ashley
Forum Member

Posted - 03/16/2005 :  07:41:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I may well be speaking out of turn here because I do fully recognize I have "less than limited experience" with Swingers ... I do my dating the old fashioned way "One at a time".
However, the article regarding the Australian Nudist Resort now professing to be "shocked" that inviting/encouraging/allowing Swingers to visit MAY (in retrospect) have been less than a "bright idea" is laughable to me!
It's like inviting Michael Jackson to a Boy Scout Sleepover and thinking it'll turn out just fine!
These folks stubbed their toe "big time" in the chase for the dollar, in my opinion, and sold out the ideal that almost everyone else on this site has been promoting: Nudism is non-sexual and safe and has nothing to do with sex.
I think the White Cock-or-Two made a conscious decision to do whatever it takes to "fill the seats" and tried to promote the place in different manners to different groups, being honest with none of them.
This is EXACTLY the kind of thing that scares off single women and wives from daring to try nudism at resorts...the distrust of the motives and actions of those who are attending.
These guys seem to have given the nudism process a very big black eye.

Comments are more than welcome...I'm sure many disagree with me but ... what's a forum for?

Ash

stringsinger
Forum Member

Posted - 03/16/2005 :  1:21:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit stringsinger's Homepage  Send stringsinger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Don't worry about "speaking out of turn" Ashley, your comments are very insightful for someone your age. How long have you been a nudist?

Ashley
Forum Member

Posted - 03/16/2005 :  2:34:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Strinsinger,
I was a little worried that I'd get "blasted" for the comments..and I still may yet..it's early :)
As for how long I've been a nudist, here's my entire resume':
Aug 2003: 4 hours at a pond with friends.
April 2004: 5 days at Orient Beach

I'm working on adding to it..just can't do it now.. bad circumstances: Winter/Virginia/Living with aunt and uncle

oh well

Ash

naturalgar
Forum Member

Posted - 03/16/2005 :  5:09:48 PM  Show Profile  Send naturalgar a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I think that The Pondorosa Sun Club in Indiana, has a mixed bag of swingers and nudists too.They have there "Nudes a Poppin" thing, but dont they have legitimate nudist activites too? I think They kinda loose their identity as a legit landed club by having both functions.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 03/16/2005 :  11:34:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ash,

Have no fear of posting your opinion or views on any subject. If some one comes a blastin' you'll be surprised how quick the troops come to the rescue!

Ashley
Forum Member

Posted - 03/17/2005 :  07:05:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks FP!
Actually everyone has been exceptionally nice on here and I've very much enjoyed finding this site. It's refreshing and fun to browse!

Ash

bornnude
Forum Member

Posted - 03/17/2005 :  07:39:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have to agree with Ashley. One of the challenges that nudists & naturist face from the political end of things is that nudity = sex. Trying to mix swinging with a nudist resort only blurs these issues, giving innocent nudity (some not on this forum would argue that is an oxymoron) a black eye.

While I would not visit a "Swingers" resort as that is against my morals, the Libertarian in me does not cause me to want to ban them, just make it clear that it is not the same as nudism.

bigbootymona
Forum Member

Posted - 08/31/2006 :  5:29:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There should be a clear cut understanding that nudism have nothing to do with swinging.The first is not sexual while the second is all about sex.
Nudism my help swingers know each other and relax with each other but sexual activites should not be carried out on the nudist beach or resort,it has to be in the swingers club or at the swingers' homes.

Digital_Cowboy
Forum Member

Posted - 07/05/2007 :  6:43:47 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Digital_Cowboy's MSN Messenger address  Send Digital_Cowboy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Ok, I know that this is an old thread and that I am sure to get accused of re-opening an old can of worms by responding to this thread.

But it has either been said or implied not only in this thread but in other threads before that swingers are not and cannot be nudists, likewise neither are exhibitionists nor voyeurs are or can be nudists.

Without getting all bent out of shape and using the argument that if you have to ask you don’t know type of an argument can someone please explain just why it is that:

* Exhibitionists aren’t/can’t be nudists
* Voyeurs aren’t/can’t be nudists
* Swingers aren’t/can’t be nudists

And one would have to presume that likewise:

* Nudists aren’t/can’t be exhibitionists
* Nudists aren’t/can’t be voyeurs
* Nudists aren’t/can’t be swingers

Isn’t there room in the world of social nudism to accept everyone for whom they are? Yes, I know from reading the post that started this thread that The White Cockatoo, in trying to cater to several lifestyles failed to do so, and have eliminated the swinger lifestyle from their grounds/resort. And that is and should be their right to do so. But wouldn’t a resort or club that was trying to ban or deny admission to a person or couple based on their lifestyle end up getting sued for discrimination here in the states???

Herman

Bill Bowser
Forum Member

Posted - 07/05/2007 :  9:40:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Even based on my limited experience I think I can provide some insight here. Those who operate nude resorts and clubs (and those who visit the resorts and clubs as well) are primarily concerned about how members and visitors behave while on the premises.(What they do elsewhere is irrelevant.)

Since nudism/naturism is all about comfort, any visitor who behaves in a manner that makes others uncomfortable is undesirable. If those with sex-related non-traditional lifestyles left them at the gate when they arrived at a nude venue they would be as welcome as anyone else. (A voyeur who refrained from ogling others would be indistinguishable from all the other "normal" nudists.)

Many of those who oppose our lifestyle believe that we practice nudity only so we can engage in promiscuous sexual activities. When we allow any such things to occur at a nudist venue we give our opponents ammunition to use against us. Everywhere legislators are attempting to regulate more aspects of our lives. If a sufficient number of our critics raise their voices in opposition to our lifestyle we may find ourselves unable to prevent its extinction.

Bill

Edited by - Bill Bowser on 07/05/2007 9:52:00 PM

bornnude
Forum Member

Posted - 07/06/2007 :  01:36:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Digital_Cowboy
But it has either been said or implied not only in this thread but in other threads before that swingers are not and cannot be nudists, likewise neither are exhibitionists nor voyeurs are or can be nudists.

Without getting all bent out of shape and using the argument that if you have to ask you don’t know type of an argument can someone please explain just why it is that:

* Exhibitionists aren’t/can’t be nudists
* Voyeurs aren’t/can’t be nudists
* Swingers aren’t/can’t be nudists

And one would have to presume that likewise:

* Nudists aren’t/can’t be exhibitionists
* Nudists aren’t/can’t be voyeurs
* Nudists aren’t/can’t be swingers

Herman

Herman,

You may read this between the lines somewhere but I don't think it is to accurate a statement.

It is the actions of swingers, voyeurs and exhibitionists that cause the problem, not the fact that they maybe a nudist and swinger, and so on.

I would never know someone is a swinger or not (and probably would not care) unless I was propositioned. This goes for nudist as well as clothed locations. The same could be said for exhibitionism or voyeurism.

Yes, the issue here is that the resort decided to close it's doors to people who choose to act a certain way (swinging).

StuffedTiger
Forum Member

Posted - 07/07/2007 :  12:16:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
AFAIK, swingers do not wear a label that say "I am a swinger." Discretion is not difficult, nude or not. Why should any non-swinger, like me, have to know or care? I don't want to know, but if I accidentally find out, I don't care if people are nice and act discretely.

EuroTim
Forum Member

Posted - 07/08/2007 :  06:51:41 AM  Show Profile  Click to see EuroTim's MSN Messenger address  Send EuroTim a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]I don't want to know, but if I accidentally find out, I don't care if people are nice and act discretely.

Amen!

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 10/27/2008 :  12:01:37 AM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Nudity is not an end in itself. Nudity can be the way we relate to the environment we live in, both physical and social.

Nudism cannot be translated into different meanings without losing its identity. Saying or coming near to a conclusion that swinging and family nudist resorts are actually sibling concepts is incorrect.

Swinging can take place in any private place that is conducive to sex. Nudity at these places is only a prelude to sex. Swinging can take place in a home, motel, etc.

Nudism is for people that like a family resort where they can feel free to shed their clothing, and live as is if they did have clothes in the general public, and socialize with other people in that manner. The tone is being respectful and non-intrusive. Nudism can take place in the home with other family members of friends, or at a nude beach or nudist resort.

Being a swinger and trying to pass yourself off as a naturist or nudist, is simply not accurate. The only common thing is that people are nude at both nudism and swinging events. The purposes for being nude at each are polar opposites.

I can relate to a neighbor in my textile life, as I can inside a nudist resort where I can talk the person next to me a nudist pool or hottub. There is no sexuality in ordinary everyday talking with folks.

I cannot see you swinging with your average neighbor, and I cannot view being at a nudist resort in the same light as I would swinging club.

At a nudist resort, you are there to feel the luxury of being nude, and hopefully striking up a conversation or two here and there. At a swingers place, you are there for sex in a group situation. Being nude can be used for very different things, but they don't have to be anything alike beyond the state of being nude.

That government governs best, which governs least - Thomas Jefferson

Page: of 5 Previous Topic: nudists & swingers Topic Next Topic: Have Questions about Nudism & Resorts  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.27 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved