Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 202 ]  [ Total: 202 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Topless Equality
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Reform of the Indecency Statutes is needed Topic Next Topic: No Topic Needed - Just Chatting - September 2008
Page: of 20

dragonfly
Forum Member

Posted - 10/16/2004 :  6:16:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would like to know you alls take on this matter. I feel that women should have the same choise as we men to be top free or not. I have heard arguments like "who wants to see saggy breast flopping aroung". Well not every one wants to see a large hairy man topless but it is his right. I firmly believe my wife has just as much right as I to be bare chested whenever I am. It is a sad fact when we can watch hundreds of acts of violance on TV but finds are handed out for a short glemps of a bare breast. Yet if anyonre remembers the old mini searies "Roots" when the natives were being rounded up to be shipped off to America the women wre all bare breasted and I don't remember any complaints. So lets hear your take.

Tom

secret sauc002
Forum Member

Posted - 10/17/2004 :  5:44:41 PM  Show Profile  Send secret sauc002 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I totally agree with you Tom. Human bodies are in my opinion one of the most beautiful things that nature has created. I think the reason why women are not allowed to have their breasts exposed is because of the way they have been portrayed over the years as symbols of sex, which of course they arent but that is waht is precieved by the masses. it is truely a shame that we have such segregation on such a simple thing.

T.J.

jdr
Forum Member

Posted - 10/18/2004 :  12:29:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here in Hawaii nudity is illegal and we struggle with keeping our nude beaches cop-free. However, being topless and bare-butt is legal in the state. Only genitals must be covered, by law, and breasts and butts are not considered genitals. One county, Maui, has chosen not to enforce the nudity law at Little Beach or Red Sands Beach, and gets the tourist dollars that result from that decision.

JDR

STRETCH
Forum Member

Posted - 10/18/2004 :  12:42:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The only major factor I see pertaining to this topic is our total puritanical upbringing from the birth of our nation. It is my understanding that a few European Nations don't have that problem. Hence, less sexual tentions and/or violations from said topic.

sailordave
Forum Member

Posted - 10/18/2004 :  2:07:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sure, why not. Several years ago I read a news story about a lady cutting her grass while topless. Neighbors called the police on her only to discover bare breast is not against the law in that area. What I kept thinking was why would anyone, man or woman, do yard work topless? Some may say they cut their grass in shorts and nothing else so they can multi-task in getting the grass cut and getting some sun for a tan at the same time. Unless you have a good bag type mower, there's just too many things flying around when cutting the grass. Plus there's the chance of a serious sunburn if you haven't used good sunscreen (will still come off with sweat) or are out there cutting too long. But to swim or suntan or whatever women should be allowed to go topless.

We the willing who are led by the unknown must do the impossible for the ungrateful.

Stirbaby
Forum Member

Posted - 10/18/2004 :  2:18:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Stirbaby's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Of course women should be allowed to bare their breasts.
In fact, imagine having one day per year when it is mandatory to bar your breasts.
I am sure this has been discussed on this forum before.
I would also be less critical of older women’s breasts. I happen to like a little sway!

Mark_497
Forum Member

Posted - 10/18/2004 :  4:16:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm posting this at my wife's request. She has begun going both topless and braless whenever possible and physically feels much better. No pain or sensitivity in her breasts anymore. She says that they are her breasts and she has just as much right to pull her top off as any guy. My own thought on this is, especially with bra's is this. Would any guy out there put a rubber band on his genitals? I don't think so. Women have just as much of a right as any man to do what they are comfortable with.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 10/18/2004 :  6:49:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mark_497,

Got another comparison...remember having to wear a jock? I hated those things. What a relief to finally get that thing off after practice.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 10/18/2004 :  6:55:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mark, I've not worn a bra for at least 3 yrs. I've also been taking 800 IUs of Vitamin E on the recommendation of my Ob/Gyn since I have fibrocystic breast disease. I no longer have any pain in my breasts and in fact, my mammogram looks a lot better, there are no calcifications.

Hugs, Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

dragonfly
Forum Member

Posted - 10/18/2004 :  7:19:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife only wore a bra to work because it was in the dress code but got around that as offten as possible. When she lost her job 13 years ago the bras went in the trash and she has not owned or woren one sence, no matter how thin her top is ( I just haven't been able to get her to ware a mesh top in public in a few years). On the dress code I think making a women ware a bra would be like telling a man he kas to ware an undershirt. I prefure the natural movement and look of womens breast than the artifiscal shapes.

Tom

Rahul7009
Forum Member

Posted - 10/19/2004 :  06:39:25 AM  Show Profile  Send Rahul7009 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Well said Mark.
My wife only wears a bra at work or when going out to some formal place.

~~[({<RAHUL>})]~~

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 10/19/2004 :  08:52:53 AM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Some, but not all of the women I know say that the right bra is sometimes more comfortable than none at all. I'm told the support can be welcomed, especially during certain activities. (I know, I sound sacrilegious here!)

Randy

tommyjoe
Forum Member

Posted - 10/19/2004 :  10:41:47 AM  Show Profile  Send tommyjoe a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I agree that a woman should be able to bare her breasts any time she wants weather indoors or out. I don't know what the laws are here in MN. But their shouldn't be any laws aginst women going topless. We [men] are running around topless most of the time especially in the summer time so why not the women.
Tom

StuFox
Forum Member

Posted - 10/19/2004 :  1:57:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As a non-nudist, I think female toplessness should be confined to either the under 5-year-olds, or to nudist beaches.

Female breasts aren't like male breasts, that's why men don't wear bras and don't breastfeed babies.

Stu

jdr
Forum Member

Posted - 10/19/2004 :  2:25:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, Stu. I must admit, I've seen a lot of kids older than five swimming in rivers and lakes in nothing but underpants. Guess I never thought of it as being offensive. I have also seen a lot of topless men who could be considered very offensive by some. My wife, while enjoying nude beaches as much as myself, says the most disgusting thing she ever sees is a butt-crack showing above the pants of a man who has no shirt or a shirt that's too short... and it's legal. The same person with the same butt-crack showing is not disgusting to her when he is nude. Women should have the same rights as men and that includes going topless, since breasts are not and should never be considered genitals.

JDR

StuFox
Forum Member

Posted - 10/19/2004 :  2:38:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
jdr - breasts may not be genitals but, unlike male chests, female breasts are still an intimate part of the body in our culture so I think the law should regard them differently. That's why a man will strip down to his waist when working outdoors on a hot day, but few women would think of doing that.

If a lady wants to go topless, she can always either find a private spot, or go to a nudist beach.

Just my opinion.

Stu

Edited by - StuFox on 10/19/2004 2:39:39 PM

Page: of 20 Previous Topic: Reform of the Indecency Statutes is needed Topic Next Topic: No Topic Needed - Just Chatting - September 2008  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 1.15 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved