Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 161 ]  [ Total: 161 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Reform of the Indecency Statutes is needed
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: New Here - apology for suzzanne Topic Next Topic: Topless Equality
Page: of 3

JokerCPoC
Forum Member

Posted - 08/27/2008 :  4:10:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Petition the US Government to Legalize public nudity Nationwide to protect our rights, So far there is 1 signatures there, There could be more, Yes I signed there.

Edited by - JokerCPoC on 09/14/2008 1:15:35 PM

catbird
Forum Member

Posted - 08/27/2008 :  4:21:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am number 58 on the signature lists. However I favor some restrictions, such as against sexual exhibitionism.

Naturally, Catbird

acoustixman
Forum Member

Posted - 08/27/2008 :  4:48:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Signed and commented in agreement with you gents, although perhaps less succinctly on my part. (#59)

With enough of us joining in and helping clarify that we are not promoting public lewdness, maybe this will eventually see the light of day in congress. I'm just always skeptical of these things. Maybe local petitions to individual congress personnel would be good too?

edit: I was just looking at the list a little more, and I noticed some pretty toxic replies! Hopefully these are either diluted or eliminated...

-JW

Seeking my role in opening the eyes of the world to the simple harmless pleasure of being naked in our great outdoors.

Edited by - acoustixman on 08/27/2008 4:52:25 PM

JokerCPoC
Forum Member

Posted - 08/27/2008 :  9:29:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are now 60 signatures on the petition.

agde
Forum Member

Posted - 09/01/2008 :  11:34:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone interested in writing a serious petition could do worse that draw inspiration from a proposed minor revision to the French penal code. I've started a USA-oriented translated/edited version below to give an idea of the tone and substance.

"Petition to provide access to activites beneficial to health, to promote individual liberty concerning choice of clothing, and to protect individual liberty from arbitrary application of sexual offense laws.

"Motivation: An individual's choice about how or whether to be clothed is currently governed by a patchwork of state and local laws and ordinances which often equate casual nudity with lewd or sexual behavior. The American Association for Nude Recreation, The Naturist Society, and other similar associations are officially recognized national organizations with strong traditional and family-oriented histories and that have set out clear principles that distinguishes between natural nudity ("naturism") and sexually oriented behavior. Current laws and ordinances do not make a distinction between naturists and exhibitionists or sexual predators, and thus need revision.

1. Preamble: (compares laws in other states and countries)
  2. Evolution in public attitudes: (cites surveys that nudity is less taboo and naturist-style recreational activities are increasingly popular)
  3. Negative legal framework: (cites specific laws that do not distinguish between state of being and behavior, and are applied inconsistently)
  4. Positive legal examples: (cites instances where naturist activities are allowed, and the result)
  5. Sentences: (cites examples of wide differences in application of current laws)
  6. Absurdity: (argues against the logic that a family nude sunbathing is "sexual" when in contrast the media is full of truly sexual imagery)
  7. Public order: (notes that in countries where nudity is no longer criminal, there have been no problems of excess relative to nudity)
  8. Public health: (argues that having a few and distant naturist resorts is not enough, that, like jogging, naturism is good for health, etc)
  9. Tourism: (points out also the positive economic and other impacts that developed naturist facilities have on communities)
  10. Imaginary arguments: (cites counter arguments, eg. "everybody will walk around nude", and dismisses)
  11. Human Rights: (cites conflict of certain laws with accepted principles of human liberty)

"Conclusion: (provides a specific text to append to current law that states:)
"Sexual acts, simulations or suggestions in public or in a place within public view are punishable by laws regulating such behavior. Nudity without sexual intent and/or the aforementioned sexual acts, simulations or suggestive behavior, is a personal state of being which does not constitute an infraction in and of itself."

Edited by - agde on 09/01/2008 11:41:06 AM

JokerCPoC
Forum Member

Posted - 09/01/2008 :  11:42:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by agde

Anyone interested in writing a serious petition could do worse that draw inspiration from a proposed minor revision to the French penal code. I've started a USA-oriented translated/edited version below to give an idea of the tone and substance.

"Petition to provide access to activities beneficial to health, to promote individual liberty concerning choice of clothing, and to protect individual liberty from arbitrary application of sexual offense laws.

"Motivation: An individual's choice about how or whether to be clothed is currently governed by a patchwork of state and local laws and ordinances which often equate casual nudity with lewd or sexual behavior. The American Association for Nude Recreation, The Naturist Society, and other similar associations are officially recognized national organizations with strong traditional and family-oriented histories and that have set out clear principles that distinguishes between natural nudity ("naturism") and sexually oriented behavior. Current laws and ordinances do not make a distinction between naturists and exhibitionists or sexual predators, and thus need revision.

1. Preamble: (compares laws in other states and countries)
  2. Evolution in public attitudes: (cites surveys that nudity is less taboo and naturist-style recreational activities are increasingly popular)
  3. Negative legal framework: (cites specific laws that do not distinguish between state of being and behavior, and are applied inconsistently)
  4. Positive legal examples: (cites instances where naturist activities are allowed, and the result)
  5. Sentences: (cites examples of wide differences in application of current laws)
  6. Absurdity: (argues against the logic that a family nude sunbathing is "sexual" when in contrast the media is full of truly sexual imagery)
  7. Public order: (notes that in countries where nudity is no longer criminal, there have been no problems of excess relative to nudity)
  8. Public health: (argues that having a few and distant naturist resorts is not enough, that, like jogging, naturism is good for health, etc)
  9. Tourism: (points out also the positive economic and other impacts that developed naturist facilities have on communities)
  10. Imaginary arguments: (cites counter arguments, eg. "everybody will walk around nude", and dismisses)
  11. Human Rights: (cites conflict of certain laws with accepted principles of human liberty)

"Conclusion: (provides a specific text to append to current law that states:)
"Sexual acts, simulations or suggestions in public or in a place within public view are susceptible to public outrage and punishable by laws regulating such behavior. Nudity without sexual intent and/or the aforementioned sexual acts, simulations or suggestive behavior, is a personal state of being which does not constitute an infraction in and of itself."

Sounds good, Also Nudity sounds like a Green activity, Much like an Electric car that gets Its power from a Green source.

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 09/06/2008 :  7:42:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
signed

JokerCPoC
Forum Member

Posted - 09/09/2008 :  3:36:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
bumped.

JokerCPoC
Forum Member

Posted - 09/11/2008 :  10:14:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Couldn't this be a sticky

There are now 71 people who've signed the petition.

Edited by - JokerCPoC on 09/12/2008 2:54:52 PM

balataf
Forum Member

Posted - 09/11/2008 :  3:01:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit balataf's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately, a solid dose of reality is needed for this fantasy movement. American government is based on a FEDERAL system, with power over different areas assigned to local, state and national levels. This is a local function, subject to review by whichever state the community is in.

As a practical matter, if it were somehow taken to the national government, then what areas of nude freedom now exist would be wiped out. Better to win in some communities rather than lose it all completely. Think about it!

inudist
Forum Member

Posted - 09/11/2008 :  3:33:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit inudist's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by balataf

Unfortunately, a solid dose of reality is needed for this fantasy movement.

Unfortunately you may be right, but I will be more optimistic than that. I do support efforts to educate our elected leaders at all levels about the positive aspects of nudism. Nudists have 1 vote each. Nudists contribute to the local economies of areas they visit. Many polls I've read show a greater acceptance of nudism.

It may be a fantasy now, but you have to start somewhere!

I signed it a while ago.

inudist

Edited by - inudist on 09/11/2008 3:53:14 PM

ROB g
Forum Member

Posted - 09/11/2008 :  3:50:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just became Number 72

JokerCPoC
Forum Member

Posted - 09/11/2008 :  6:01:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by balataf

Unfortunately, a solid dose of reality is needed for this fantasy movement. American government is based on a FEDERAL system, with power over different areas assigned to local, state and national levels. This is a local function, subject to review by whichever state the community is in.

As a practical matter, if it were somehow taken to the national government, then what areas of nude freedom now exist would be wiped out. Better to win in some communities rather than lose it all completely. Think about it!

Or It may not, The fact is every voice counts and wouldn't fighting as a unified nudism for a greater cause(getting to the root of the problem) be better than trying to always putting out small endless spot fires?

Prudes and others need to know We won't go away quietly into the night and that We have as much rights as they the textiles have at being nude in public as they do clothed since both groups pay taxes on everything around us, I mean are We 2nd class citizens or their equals in this country? As where does It state that separate but equal is legal, It isn't in race or anything else, So why do We as a group put up with being thought of as a bunch of swingers or indecent when We're not? Even Pope John Paul II said Nudity is not immoral and/or indecent in a book He wrote back in 1981, We just wish to go about in the Nude when It's comfortable when the environment cooperates, Not hidden for trumped up Victorian age reasoning that is for the most part extinct, This is the 21st century AD, Not the Dark Ages. Natives down in Brazil still wear either next to nothing or yep nothing and they do just fine and yeah It's the tropics, But do they have problems with child molesters or rapists? No. Men, Women and their Children have never worn a thing and aren't persecuted for being Nude either, So why are We still sitting around and being Victims of Discrimination?? In the mean time before such a law or constitutional amendment affirming our collective right to go Nude is established, I'm just saying We need to do this right and not piecemeal waiting for the Textile Prudes to outlaw Nudism at the National level as It has already in some states has been proposed at one time, As fighting each small battle is a Band-aid approach when It is our rights and the rights of the children that are at stake(I have no children currently).

Edited by - JokerCPoC on 09/14/2008 1:06:56 PM

balataf
Forum Member

Posted - 09/12/2008 :  12:29:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit balataf's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Successful social movements in American history have always worked up from the local level, thru state victories and only later, winning nationally. Such things as Women's Votes, Abolition of slavery, and Prohibition did so, and always did so by joining in alliances with a broad spectrum of other "causes."
Even the Weimar German FKK nudist movement rode as an adjunct of trade and industrial unionism, not in isolation.

Nudism does not fit neatly into either a "left" or "right" political coaition, and would be hard to manage in committed alliance. By this I mean that, like the Anti-Abortion or Second Amendment people, you need a core corps of voters who are single-mindedly committed to "their" issue, and the ability to deliver their votes in support of allies even when that issue is not directly in play.

I've spent almost 50 years involved in politics, including being a party official in both major parties as issues and alliances have changed over the decades.

Edited by - balataf on 09/12/2008 12:35:10 AM

JokerCPoC
Forum Member

Posted - 09/12/2008 :  01:30:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Of course some people just don't like Nudity in their face, No matter who they are.

Edited by - JokerCPoC on 09/14/2008 1:07:28 PM

JokerCPoC
Forum Member

Posted - 09/12/2008 :  1:28:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Petition the US Government to Legalize public nudity Nationwide to protect our rights, So far there are 0 signatures there.

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/SimplePublicNudity

I made a more inclusive petition, Of course 100,000 is a lofty target and may be unattainable, But here goes.

The text is as follows:

The United States Government should legalize full public nudity. We should be free go to all State Parks, National Parks, National Forests, National Monuments, Nude Beaches, Private Land where permitted by owner and wander around naked wherever and whenever we want in those areas without being molested or abused by the authorities in those areas as so designated by authorities in those areas, Those authorities must set aside comparable areas for Nudists/Naturists as they would for Clothed Persons(Textiles) and warning signs must be posted at the entrances of said areas to expect Nudity ahead so that Clothed Persons(Textiles) won't have full Nudity forced upon them. Those Who don't like full nudity should be told go somewhere else If they(Textiles) don't like what they see as Nudists/Naturists have a right to be here as they pay taxes too just like a clothed person(Textiles), Also Nudists/Naturists should not be ticketed, fined, harassed, hassled, abused and/or arrested for Simple Nudity as Nudity is not a Lewd Act in and of Itself as It is just a state of being. Nudists/Naturists can be told to leave or be arrested only If they have engaged in a Lewd Act as verified by witnesses and hard evidence, Such as Child Abuse, Sexual acts outside, Rape or some other serious crime(murder, assault, battery).

So any comments and/or takers?

Edited by - JokerCPoC on 09/14/2008 1:08:01 PM

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: New Here - apology for suzzanne Topic Next Topic: Topless Equality  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.22 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved