Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 517 ]  [ Total: 517 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Women - From the Feminine Point of View
 Nudism From a Woman's Viewpoint
 Bikini Bottom Mystery
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Nudism from the female point of view Topic Next Topic: Going Grey
Page: of 2

McNigel
Forum Member

Posted - 01/16/2013 :  2:41:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why are women so attached to their knickers?

A large proportion of women on a southern European beach will happily go topless, but only a very small proportion of those are happy naked.

As far as appearance is concerned you would have thought that exposing their breasts would be a huge issue, considering how much women seem to worry about them.

Topless is everywhere, but many of the same women will react with horror at the thought of removing their bikini bottoms and reveling not a lot really.

I have asked my wife and she didn't understand either. However she agrees that going naked was a much bigger step than topless, but doesn't know why.

Any ideas?

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 01/24/2013 :  11:27:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hahaha ... it was the exact opposite for my wife. When we were dating, in HS, she would tell me about different girl friend's dressing routines, what they put on first and what they put on last.

I asked her ... what's your routine. She said ... "first I put on my bra and then my panties." I asked ... "why do you put on your bra first?" She said ... "I don't want them staring at my boobs!" I chuckled and said ... "but they're staring at your vagina!" She said ... "huh, never really thought about that."

I think for most women ... their vagina is the last and final portion of their bodies that they can keep sacred and protected. Keeping their bottoms on still keeps the vagina covered and secure from view. For some women, it's the last part of their anatomy they hold private til they are ready and willing to expose it to others. Not all women are willing to do that ... even with close friends.

That's what I've gotten from my wife, anyway. I'm just guessing. Maybe ... some of our female members can give their opinions.

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 01/25/2013 :  12:29:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's a cultural thing...I think.

When I lived in France, topfreedom was very much culturally accepted. My high-school sweetheart went topless pretty much anywhere it was allowed, some of my friends and classmates went topless at the public pool. Even my Mom occasionally went topless at the beach on vacation. To my knoweldge, and except for one or two friends, none of them ever went nude recreationally. My girlfriend, my Mom, some of my friends all figured that complete nudity was just "too much." It's the "idea" that the vagina is just too private to be exposed, and keeping that one piece of crotch coverage was more socially acceptable. And "safer" too.

And in some cases, as FP mentionned, it's the other way around. My x intially went bottomless at the resort and socially - and was more comfortable that way for a good long while before finally going nude. A friend of mine had a hard time finally dropping the sports bra and going fully nude at home. The reason for that? A very large breast size or mid-section can shift body-acceptance issues from the vagina to the upper body. Which then overwrites cultural factors.

Edited by - Nudony on 01/25/2013 12:33:01 AM

nudesunguy
Forum Member

Posted - 01/25/2013 :  10:21:14 AM  Show Profile  Send nudesunguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, some women (especially those with smaller breasts) have absolutely no problem being topless, but removing that "dental floss" bikini bottom is quite a big deal...as if it's hiding anything.

My wife, who is large-breasted, is the opposite. She first went nude with some friends (the women of which were topless) because she wanted to "take the attention off her boobs." To this day she sometimes walks or hikes bottomless at resorts. So I think Nudony's analysis is correct, it's often a body acceptance issue. I know a woman who comes to our local beach and never goes bottomless; that of course is her right, but I don't think she realizes that makes people curious about exactly why? Or maybe she does, and likes the attention/mystery?

I'd also suspect a certain percentage of women feel their vagina is not attractive. Notice the trend a while back (and maybe still in vogue?) to have labia "trimmed" to make things more "aesthetically pleasing." Our society is borderline sick at times.

It would be nice to hear from some women on this forum about this issue...

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 01/25/2013 :  8:43:19 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I agree with the other guys, Angie is large breasted and will cover her top before anything else. She has always done this even when we were dating a hundred years ago.

Diger

cloudy
Forum Member

Posted - 01/26/2013 :  11:54:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Funny you all say the same as my wife does. She'll walk around the house or be at a c/o resort and wear a t-shirt only. She says it's more comfortable that way. (?) She is not really well endowed but large enough to notice. ( by a blind man ) Haven't figured this one out. Maybe one of life's great mysteries.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 01/30/2013 :  8:25:35 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
It may have something to do with women spending their lives having us guys staring at their breasts.

Come on ladies ring in on this and solve the mystery. LOL

Diger

McNigel
Forum Member

Posted - 01/31/2013 :  09:45:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The comments here are mostly about people who don't really care what they are not wearing.

I'm just puzzled by the majority of women that we encounter on holidays on the Mediterranean. I would say that a good half will go topless on the beach. However when discussing the best beaches in the area, they are horrified at the though of going naked.

nudesunguy
Forum Member

Posted - 02/01/2013 :  11:04:52 AM  Show Profile  Send nudesunguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
"However when discussing the best beaches in the area, they are horrified at the though of going naked."

As is the general public. You'd think women who are willing to go topless would be more open-minded, but apparently not.

It's like my sister-in-law said when she saw some topless girls by the pool: "Well, at least that's not so bad as long as their boobs are small." How do you deal with mentality like that? I just shook my head and walked away...

fiesty_grandma

Posted - 07/30/2013 :  12:26:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For me, it's about feeling vulnerable. Girls are taught from a very young age to be modest and to be careful about personal safety. At my age, there's no need to be so modest any more, but those early childhood lessons still affect me. I know it's not really logical, but at a nude beach, it still takes me a little while to get up the nerve to take off my swimsuit.

nudesunguy
Forum Member

Posted - 07/30/2013 :  8:52:21 PM  Show Profile  Send nudesunguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe what we need at nude beaches is some beefy young guy wearing a "nudist badge" and passing out flyers to all that anyone hassling/ogling a woman will be ejected forthwith!

I wonder if that has been tried? I imagine the gawkers would sue...

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 08/07/2013 :  7:58:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nudist badge where would he pin it ?

nudieboy and jenni
Forum Member

Posted - 08/15/2013 :  7:04:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I really can't answer the question, but from personal experience I have never had any problems with being totally nude. I have talked to others who have experienced the problem of taking off their bottoms and they usually said all have breasts, don't really understand that thinking. My first time many years ago I stripped down and never looked back.
Jenni

soonbnude
Forum Member

Posted - 06/22/2016 :  08:08:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Women being topless at beaches in OZ used to be very common, less so but not unusual now. Not so much on the more common or heavily populated beaches where families go I think.

Women being fully nude at CO beaches however are out numbered 10 to 1 I'm guessing, maybe more.

SBN.

nudieboy and jenni
Forum Member

Posted - 11/02/2016 :  12:58:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Since I last responded to this, we have had a new family move close to us. Husband, wife and two boys each around 10 years old. Their mom around 35 years old will go topless around the boys all the time, but always has on either a bikini bottom or shorts. When she comes over to our place she will take it off only if her boys aren't with her. The boys and father go nude quite often and it doesn't bother her for the boys to see me nude. I asked her why and she told me she really didn't know why she could not take her bottom off in front of her boys but at the same time it was ok for them to be around other females totally nude.

Bill Bowser
Forum Member

Posted - 11/02/2016 :  3:20:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It seems to me that this discussion is ample proof that there is no rationale for wearing clothes when they aren't necessary for comfort or protection.

Bill Bowser - Cincinnati
Not lewd, not crude, just nude.

Nudists are everywhere, but they're hard to identify with their clothes on.

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Nudism from the female point of view Topic Next Topic: Going Grey  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.25 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved