Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 616 ]  [ Total: 616 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 nude doctor visits
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Nude Eclipse 8/21/2017 Topic Next Topic: Nudist Parties in homes
Page: of 7

n/a
deleted

Posted - 03/29/2012 :  09:43:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I only had one doctor who said she was ok with my being openly nude during visits, which it only came up when during a physical when she said to lower my bottoms for the genital checkup which I did and I took longer than usual to pull them back up when she was done we were discussing the overall checkup findings and she had said "you sure are ok with being nude arent you?" so I told her then she was like oh ok no problem at all.

wardt
Forum Member

Posted - 11/22/2012 :  3:54:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
December 3 I have an appointment to see a dsermatologist. In past visits to a dermatologist I have always kept my underwear on. This time that will not be an option because of where my skin problem is in my private area. It is a given that I will at some point in ther visit need to remove my underwear to check out the problem. The question is should I take my underwear off immediately or wait until the doctor gets there. When I have gone to this doctor in the past sometimes there is gowns in the room and sometimes not. When I was in my underwear that didn't make a difference. With it being necessary to remove everything at some point in this visit it would be different. If a gown is not in the room to put on should I ask for one. Since the main part of the visit will be to examine my private area the gown would not be hiding anything anyway. With this doctors office you are not guranteed which doctor you will get so I do not know if the doctor will be male or female yet.
Earlier this year I had several doctor visite where I spent all or most of the doctor visit nude but for me at least that was different. I was face down while they worked on something on my rear end. For me sitting there nude while they examine my private area is different. I hope I do not get an erection. There would hardly be any way to hide it.
With this being a teaching hospital I am going to there is often by the end of the visit several doctors there so there may very possibly be both male and female doctors involved.

Edited by - wardt on 11/22/2012 3:58:48 PM

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 11/22/2012 :  10:33:56 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
If you don't wear any underwear then you don't have to worry about it. I use to put on a pair when I went to the Dr but figured I didn't ever wear them anyother time so why wear them to the Dr.

Diger

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 11/23/2012 :  01:25:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's the thing, with me. I haven't worn underwear since I was close to 15. The only time I wore them and it was for a very short time, was in boot camp. I was caught sleeping nude (actually getting up going to the head). Several other guys came to my harrassment rescue and after that ... I continued to sleep nude and not wear underwear.

I have had MORE Dr.'s visits in the last 2 years then I've had my entire life. I show up and they always say ... "strip down to your underwear ... " I tell them, "I don't wear underwear." They sometimes look at me like ... But they get over it.

We have a female dermatologist and female GP Dr. The dermatologist knows we are nudists. She prefers we don't wear underwear and the only one in the room that seems to be nervous or embarrassed is the young assistant taking notes She gets over it.

Our GP ( we love her) has her hands all over you, poking, proding, pushing, feeling ... she doesn't stand across the room and just ask questions. She knows as much about us as we know about ourselves. I just had a physical and since I was standing there with the shirt off, shorts on the floor ... he only comment was ... "be sure you and the Prof use sunscreen when you're out in the sun. Use it everywhere!"
She's knows about me not wearing underwear so she just says, "I need you to strip, do you want a gown?" Usually, I say no unless I'm going out of the room and then she says ... "I'll need you to wear a gown and follow me."

Underwear doesn't mean a thing to some medical professionals. But some of them seem shocked when you tell them you're not wearing any. I just saw a Workers Comp Dr. for some orthopedic issues. I was taken back to the room, told to strip down to my underwear, I told him I wasn't wearing any and if that was an issue. He said ... "well, I think we're gonna have to take some xrays and it would be a little easier." I told him I brought shorts and that I'd go get them. Then the Dr. examines me after the xrays and asks me to drop my shorts. WTH! I should have just left my shorts out with my wife in the waiting room.

If your Dr.'s visit is anything like mine are ...you'll be too dang pissed to get an erection for sitting in the waiting room for 1+hrs after your scheduled appointment time!

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

wardt
Forum Member

Posted - 11/23/2012 :  02:11:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
AS far as being annoyed at a 1 hour wait in the waiting room with myy primary care doctor if I only waited an hour I would be shocked. It is almost only a whole lot longer than that. Tuesday when I saw him I thought I was lucky whem I got called back after only 2 hours in the waiting room I yhought I might actually get out early. I ended up spending an additionalmore than 2 hours witing in the examination room before I ever saw the doctor. 12:30 appointment. I didn't see the doctor until after 4:30. TThat is about typical wait time to see him though usually you are spending more time in the waiting room. Sometimes it is longer.

Rodders
Forum Member

Posted - 11/23/2012 :  07:05:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Doctors surely do not even think about "private parts". They are there to treat the problem. Anyone having any hang-ups about going to see the doctor and removing all clothing must get "real" and understand things from the viewpoint of the doctor. They don't care if you sleep in the nude or never wear underclothes.

Rod

mj45
Forum Member

Posted - 11/23/2012 :  12:51:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As for waiting, I recently had a 6 mo session of chemo. the first visit with the oncologist I waited for an hour and was a little irate! When he finally came into my room we talked about my problem, the treatment, expected outcome, and he answered all of my questions with no rush! I learned to schedual my appointments in the AM. I met him one week a month for 6 mo., not always pleasent but never rushed! As doc's go the man is an angel!!

Michael

wardt
Forum Member

Posted - 11/23/2012 :  2:18:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry you needed to go through chemo. Great though that you got a good doctor that seemed to care about you and was willing to spend the time with you to talk about your concerns and questions especially at such a hard time. hope you are okay now.

Edited by - wardt on 11/23/2012 2:21:58 PM

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 11/23/2012 :  2:19:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To get back on topic;

I don't think the majority of Dr's, nurses and assistants get too worked up over or embarrassed by simple nudity. They shouldn't be but some do and those are usually the younger assistants or those that are immature.

Be great to go to a Dr's office and not have to encounter any of these immature "professionals" but we encounter them in life everyday and all we can do, as nudists, is to not show any hesitation or embarrassment when visiting a doctors office for an exam and being concerned because we aren't wearing underwear.

I've only had one incident where I got somewhat irritated by a comment made about me not wearing underwear. I needed an MRI. I was taken back to a dressing room and given a gown. I was told to disrobe down to my underwear. I said ... "I don't wear underwear." The tech says ... "you don't have underwear on!?" I replied ... "no ... does that have a negative significance or deterant for having an MRI?" He replied ... "no ... sorry, I'll give you an additional gown."

Must have felt like an idiot cuz he was pretty accomodating after his uncalled for attitude and remark. All these procedures should be done with the patient nude. Sure, it's cold in some of these rooms but think about it. Wouldn't it be better to see exactly what you're trying to xray, exam, feel and look at the area needing treatment while looking at bare skin and not through a gown or underwear pulled to one side or down? Makes no sense to me!

wardt
Forum Member

Posted - 11/23/2012 :  3:03:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This summer I spent a couple days in the hospital. While there I fell and apparently after that they wanteed to be extra careful that I did noit fall again so they did not want me to get out of bed unless someone was there. Most of the time when I had to get up to use the bathroom someone would come and make sure I was okay going from the bed to the bathroom and wait outside until I was done. One nursing assistant however insisted on not only leaving the door open but on coming in and out while I was in there. Sitting on the toilet totally nude with someone else coming in to talk to me to make sure I was okay was not exactly fun. It was made worse by the fact that I was extremely constipated and having a really tough time going to the bathroom. It is one thing to have a medical person see you naked for an examination. For me when I am sitting on the toilet I prefer privacy and not have anyone else in the room looking at me. I am sure it was no picnic for her either.
When i was going to take a shower it was the same thing with her coming in and out talking to me, helping me put a glove obver my arm to make sure the place for the iv did not get wet. After she brought some shampoo I bent over to adjust the water temperature and she thought I was asking her to put shampoo in my hair so sdhe did. I accidently banged my head in the shower sp especially since I had fallen earlier that day she came running to make sure I was okay> I of course had to explain to her whathappened and that I was okay.
Though I have not had a lady in the room with me while I am showering since I was a child that was not so bad. Sitting on the toilet I would have preferred privacy.
When I was in bed wearing only underwear and a gown a nurse came in and wanted to give me a shot in my stomach. I wonder if she shought I was nude under the gown because she was saying something like they were going to have to find a way to move or adjust my gown to give me the shot in my stomach. My obvious solution was simply to pull up the gown and get it out of the way. For me it would probably have been the same had I been nude but since I had underwear on at that point there was certainly no reason not to simply just pull it up and out of the way.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 11/23/2012 :  5:49:54 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
It's funny this topic has taken this turn. A couple months ago my dad was in the hospital getting a defibrillator/pace maker, and he was being monitored closely before his surgery. He was needing a shower and to take his monitor off they had to stay with him while he showered. Dad not being a nudist didn't have much of a problem with it but was telling me how strange it was having a female nurse watching him shower and he was surprised how comfortable she was with it.

It gave me a chuckle as dad was telling me about it.

Earl

Diger

wardt
Forum Member

Posted - 11/23/2012 :  7:31:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I didn't think it my case it was even necessary. Yes I understand they did not want me to fall again after I had already had a rather embarrassing fall earlier in the day day at the hospital. However my fall earlier had been when I was sitting on the edge of the bed and managed to slip off the side when I leaned over too far and fell and hit my head. Neither before or after I fell was I experiencing any dizziness or problems with my balance or any other difficulty standing or walking. It was a simple accident. I suffered a cut on my heasd when I fell which required 2 of those strips they use to hold a cut together. They did x-rays of my arm which i hit and a scan of my head and everything came backl fine. I really did not think it necessary to have someone be with me to make sure I didn't fall on their way to the bathroom. I guess they were just trying to be extra careful both for my safety and to avoid any lawsuits had I been injured while in their hospital.
As far as being in the shower I just took my usual shower> i saw no reason to do anything different. If she wanted to watch me that was her buisness. Covering anyhting even if I wished to wopuld have been impossible so I might as well just go ahead with the shower

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 11/23/2012 :  8:00:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thankfully, I've only been in the hospital for "outpatient" procedures. The last procedure was a cardiac angio-cath procedure to check why I was having chest pain. The Prof was with me while I took off my clothes and put on that stupid gown. She helped me with straightening the sheets once I was in bed and the nurses came in, two mature women in their late 40's- early 50's.

My "primary" pre and post operative nurse began explaining the procedure and that they would need to shave me at and around the entrance site. I simply stated, "that's already been done, by me." She said, "I'll need to see the area." She looked and said, "great job!"

Once back from recovery, again she said to me, "I need to check the entrance site." She did and made no bones about pulling the sheet and blanket back, pulling my gown up and checking the area. Afterwards, she said ... "looks good and may I compliment you on your tan!" But ... she had a nice tan as well and was German and had just returned from visiting family.

Could have been a couple of things; her heritage, possibly being comfortable with nudity herself, personally and the fact that as a health care professional ... she's seen it all and it doesn't phase her one bit. Those are the people I want helping and caring for me.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 11/23/2012 :  9:31:03 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Angie had her OB Gyn compliment her on her tan and asked her if she had a private yard. She told him yes but most of it was where we had just got back from the nude beach. When she was telling him about it he had to have directions to the place. We have been friends for years, he delivered both our boys, and Angies first cousin workes in his office so it wasn't odd for him to ask.

Since then we have wondered if we would ever see him and his wife on our beach sometime.

Diger

wardt
Forum Member

Posted - 11/23/2012 :  10:15:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fireprof I agree. Yes when possible a patients privacy should be respected but also as you said when nudity is necessary and appropiate for the care a patient needs a doctor or other medical professional should be comfortable with and willing to accept simple nudity and be ready and willing to give the best care they can. I would not want to recieve less than the best possible care because the medical professional was not comfortablle seeing nudity.
The difficult question is where is the line between respecting a patients privacy and making sure the patient recieves the best care available. You don't want either to happen. A patients right to privacy is important but you want to make sure they recieve the best care which sometimes involves partial or total nudity. You would hardly want anything bad to happen to a patient because the right to privacy was carried too far or the medical person failed to do something they should have to keep from seeing the patint nude.

Page: of 7 Previous Topic: Nude Eclipse 8/21/2017 Topic Next Topic: Nudist Parties in homes  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.44 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved