Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 153 ]  [ Total: 153 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 nude doctor visits
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Nude Eclipse 8/21/2017 Topic Next Topic: Nudist Parties in homes
Page: of 7

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 11/23/2012 :  11:30:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I can say, I do wear underwear (used to never, but then for some reason started to again). I went to see a skin doctor earlier this summer, he told me to strip down. As I was doing this, I went to take off my underwear, but he stopped me. He told me to keep them on, then he just pulled them down to see where he needed to see. So I guess this one wasn't too comfortable with a guy just sitting naked in his office.

HomeNudist
Forum Member

Posted - 11/24/2012 :  01:08:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fireprof,

I have been to the cath-lab twice now. Both times it seemed like they purposely assigned the cutest nurse to shave me. Those were the only times I worried about "reacting" . . . LOL!

cony
Forum Member

Posted - 11/25/2012 :  07:58:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
About fifteen years ago I slipped and broke my thigh while milking the cows early in the morning. Well the community nurse came to check me out and decided I had to go to hospital (obvious isn't it) so we had to wake up my missus to brong me a clean set of clothes (my work clothes were all covered in s@#$t) so it was strip off all my dirty clothes, with help, and put on clean ones, boy was it cold that morning. At the hospital I was stripped again, dressed in a gown, sent for an xray and then to the ward. Well the ward was quite full that morning and many people had slipped and broken a hip/thigh or whatever and the only spare bed was in a mixed ward. Following my operation I then had to get out of bed, still only in my gown (which as every one knows is wide open at the back) and as I was more ocupied with getting out of the bed (with assistance) and onto the adjacent seat I was not at all bothered as to what was covered and what was not. No one elese seemed to care either.

Cony

wardt
Forum Member

Posted - 12/03/2012 :  2:11:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well today I went to the dermatologist. When the nuse brought me back she asked if I needed a gown. I said it didn't matter to me. Then she asked how much I needed to undress and when I said everything she insisted I wear a gown. Since I was there specificaly to have my private area examined I did not see the point but I didn't argue. She said to strip to my underwear and put on the gown. After she left I decided leaving the underwear on would be a waste of time and waited for the doctor in just a gown. As I figured the underwear would just have been in the way anyway. The gown was just about as much of as waste of time. I ended up spending most of the visit with the gown pulled up anyway while eventually 2 doctors and a medical student all of which were female came in to examine my private area. They did lok over the rest of my skin but with the main problem being the private area that is where they spent the most time. I might as well have just gotten rid of the gown since I was hardly hiding anything anyway. I go back for a followup in a month. Maybe I should suggest just not bothering with the gown next time.
The 2 doctors and the medical student were all courteous and professional and were happy to discuss any questions I had but sitting there nude while 3 ladies examined my private area was a new experience for me. Fortunately I did not have an erection but unfortunately as sometimes happens when I am nude I was having a problem with precum and very likely they noticed it though none said anything. That is hardly something I could do anything about espevially with three ladies all examing me in that area. I am glad that at least I did not get an erection. That would have been really embarrassing in front of 3 women.
As to why I saw so many people this is a teaching hospital and seiing 2 or 3 or sometimes even more doctors and or medical students is not unusual. i have always thought that this place at least to me seems to have an uinusual number of lady doctors. I have never had an objection top that and the doctors there both maqle and female have always treted me with couresy and respect and given me the best medical care they are able to. However I wonder. For some men they might have not wanted to see a lady doctor for the type of exam I had today which includeed the entire body but especially the private parts. I wonder if it it had been a problem whether or not the hospital would have been willing and or able to provide male doctors for that exam. They might have at least wanted notic that the patient had a preference male of female doctor. For me it is more important that a doctor know what they are doing and also treat me with courtesy and respect and take the time to answer questions as needed. Male or female is less inmportant. Some patients feel differently howeerver.

Edited by - wardt on 12/03/2012 2:25:48 PM

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 12/03/2012 :  7:21:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At the dermatologist ... the LAST thing I worry about is becoming aroused! I worry more about her finding something serious with my skin ... not matter where she is looking.

My wife has had several pre-cancer spots removed and it's had an impact on her desire and ability to lay out and get a tan. She's gone two years now without any problems or spots that needed to be removed.

I have had one spot removed and though she said ... I would probably not heed her words of caution ... that I should start using sunscreen. The spot was nothing and I now use sunscreen more often but since she knows we are nudists ... the "gown" is more for the little girl that takes notes because once the Dr starts to exam ... the gown is either up around our necks or on the chair. She doesn't miss a spot or crease on our bodies and we appreciate that.

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

wardt
Forum Member

Posted - 12/03/2012 :  8:17:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thankfully cancer has not been a problem or concern for me. If anything I spend too little time in the sun with or without either clothes or sunscreen. I was there for another rather painful skin condition in my groin area which is why they spent a lot of time checking down there. They did also look over the rest of my skin and did not see anything to be concerned about and asked if ther was any other aerea that I was having a problem with or concerned about.
All of the people I saw today including the medical student who presomably has less experience were completely profesional and did not seem bothered by the nudity. The gown just got in the way with no real purpose since it was mostly lifted up anyway and not hiding anything.

Edited by - wardt on 12/03/2012 8:30:07 PM

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 12/03/2012 :  10:13:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We happen to see this Dr., the dermatologist, twice a year, each. Is was her recommendation after she said to us ... "I have another patient that is a nudist and comes to see me twice a year." The door was opened and I said to her ... "well, now you have three nudist patients." She replied ... "I figured that when I saw your's and your wife's all over tans."

I think the gowns are more a "formality." They may also be for the young assistants that may still be a bit shy because they actually get in the way of the Dr.'s exam and she doesn't think twice about just taking it off of us and putting it on the chair. Once the exam is done, she will sometimes hand it back to us or lay it on top of us while she opens the door to leave and get something before she returns to perform a procedure or talk to us.

The young female assistants are always embarrassed and try not to look us in the eye. It's really not a big deal but ... you'd think if they were in the medical field ... they'd get over this nude phobia or embarrassment with nudity. Either get over it or move to a different career.

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

OLD BUZZARD
Forum Member

Posted - 12/24/2012 :  1:19:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes I can relate to the nudity in the hospital after five back surgerys and five stents put in the old ticker. And all the bed baths and the checking they have to do to make sure all is ok. Makes one wonder why you even need a gown. I guess the end result is the most imporant,so be it.The older you get the less you worry about it..........old buzzard

free2tannude
Forum Member

Posted - 04/29/2013 :  6:45:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My old GP retired 2 years ago, and I finally found a new GP(female,chinese)) that was accepting new patients.

So today, a full Physical Exam, including prostrate. I was in Santa Maria Cuba just 3 weeks ago(1 mile long CO beach). She says: I see you like the Sun Everywhere! To which I replied: Yes !

wardt
Forum Member

Posted - 10/25/2016 :  3:25:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have always wanted a chance to spend more time nude and summer 2015 I got that chance but not the way I might have preferred. I spent an extended period of time in the hospital and then in rehab. Someone had to dress me every day and worse had to wipe my rear end for me. for a long time, I had to use a bed pan, before I could eventually use a a portable bedside toilet. When I could eventually take a shower, somebody had to be there to make sure I got in and out of the shower safely.
Basically I was seen nude a lot, by a lot of people, far more than I ever have before but not quite how I might have preferred it to happen

wardt
Forum Member

Posted - 10/25/2016 :  3:43:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some years ago after I had surgery, when it was time to leave the hospital after surgery the nurse asked me if I needed help getting dressed to leave. Just coming out of surgery the help was appreciated, though that was the first time since I was a child that someone else dressed me. What was odd about the situation was my cousin was there to pick me up.. The nurse did not think to ask me that since I was nude under the gown, did I want my female cousin to leave the room before helping me get dressed.I was still not completely awake from surgery and it did not even cross my mind to suggest it. My cousin eventually asked if I wanted her to leave while I got dressed, and I said i guess so. With my cousin having never seen me naked, I do not know whether or not she would have stayed if I asked her to, or if I said ?I did not mind her staying.
It would seem like basic common courtesy to ask a patient if they wish for their visitors to leave the room before they get dressed. It seemed very odd to me the nurse did not. In a hospital situation it is sometimes necessary for a lot of people to see you nude, but when it comes to visitors, many patients would prefer their visitors not be among them, and should be at least asked, and of course the visitors should also be asked if they would prefer to leave the room.

calgarymark
Forum Member

Posted - 10/25/2016 :  8:18:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I too recently spent some time in hospital - a heart attack caused a two-day stay in ICU, and then a month later a minor stroke caused a week's stay in hospital and another ten days in a rehab unit. After the stroke and in hospital, I was taken to the shower room and encouraged to shower myself on a commode chair with two male attendants outside nearby. Being partially disabled by the stroke, it was a struggle but much appreciated. I was also encouraged to walk to the toilet by myself, with an assistant 'just in case' I would fall. The nurse always held the hospital gown closed at the back, so others wouldn't see a bare backside as I crossed the four-person gender-not-separated ward ...

When I went to the rehab unit the following week I was told my shower night would be a time and day in sequence with other patients. I thought that was a bit dictatorial, but when my time came, off I went (using my walker and in real pyjamas*, not an open-down-the-back hospital gown). In the shower room (spacious and well equipped for patients who were wheel-chair bound) I was told to strip off, sit on the commode chair and I would be securely wheeled into the shower stall where I would be washed by the attendant except for my genital region. I haven't been washed in a shower by someone else ever before and I regarded that as a delightful luxury, especially in the circumstances of ill health. And to be handed hot towels to dry with - better than a luxury hotel!

The attendants on those two occasions were very matter of fact and unconcerned with male nudity (both attendants were nursing aids, and we saw them every day doing other duties). I thanked them both for their unconcerned and caring attitudes, and for being unconcerned with male nudity (both were - still are! - female) and of course it was of no concern to me. I have no idea what the other patients (who were far more disabled than me) thought, but the two ladies were unconcerned and surprised that I would thank them for their matter of fact attitude.

* The 'real pyjamas' were just a pair of sleeping shorts - I don't wear pyjamas at home, and found they weren't necessary in the rehab unit. However I discovered the hospitals use excess bleach in the laundry and came away with itchy rashes from the chemical irritation. I suppose they need to use it because of the need for an infection-free environment.

BTW, this was just a couple of weeks ago, and I am now home and recovering well, almost back to normal (which is after all, just a setting on the dryer...)

CalgaryMark
Growing old is mandatory, Growing up is optional. Laughing at yourself is therapeutic.

wardt
Forum Member

Posted - 10/26/2016 :  02:32:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Calgarymark. Most importantly, I am happy to hear you are back home and hope you continue to have n excellent recovery. While I was in the hospital I had a private room so there were no roommates. for the first while I used a bedpan but eventualy they got a bedside portable one I could use when possible. I still needed help getting back and forth to it and cleaning up afterwards. There was also sometimes the problem of people walking in while I was trying to go to the bathroom. My sister is a nurse and I was on the same floor of the hospital where she works, meaning the people taking care of me were all her friends and coworkers. I wouldn't be seeing these people again but my sister sees them everyday. Getting to know the people your sister works with every day can be a good thing, but this would not have been my choice about how to do it, being in the hospital, basically needing them to completely take care of me.
As far as taking a shower, I was not able to take 1 in the hospital. Finally in rehab I was able to use a regular bathroom again, and also take a shower. I still needed help getting to and from the bathroom. As far as taking a shower, when it was my day, They would wheel me to the shower room in a wheelchair, wearing a gown, and a sheet to cover me. In the shower room they had large stalls, with a bench to sit on in the stalls. At the time my left leg was useless, able to put no weight on it. So what I did was I would remove the gown and sheet, and using a walker, very carefully hop on 1 foot into the shower and sit on the bench. They gave me the soap, shampoo, and washcloth. I was able to shower myself, while the aide waited outside the stall. Then ?I had to again stand on 1 leg, and very carefully hop back out to the wheelchair to go back to the room. I had to be particularly careful not to slip on the wet floor coming out, while hopping on 1 foot. The last thing i needed was a fall. then they would help me get the gown back on to go back to the room.
A year later I am thankful to be back using both legs, though I am having continuing problems with them, and still use a walker when leaving the house. I am only 42 years old and never imagined a year ago that I would need to be using a walker. Thankfully, I am at least back on both feet, and no longer using a wheelchair, after spending most of the summer of 2015, either in a wheelchair or hopping on 1 leg.
Funny thing was that when they started telling me to use my leg again, for a while it was still faster to hop on 1 foot so when I was in a hurry, I sometimes went back to 1 foot. Whoever would have thought that 1 foot would be faster than 2

nudieboy and jenni
Forum Member

Posted - 10/26/2016 :  1:19:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A few years ago, I had to have a heart cath at the hospital I worked in. Everyone there knew I was a nudist and there was no problem with that. When a nurse came to shave me, she saw I was already bare down there and had a good laugh.

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 10/28/2016 :  05:29:00 AM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Omigosh, Nudieboy, everyone at the hospital knew you were a nudist???? I guess you must have been passing around a lot of local nudist resort brochures. I've been to the hospital for some nasty procedures (sorry for those choice of words, NaturistDoc) and no one had a clue about my naturism. Now I feel like a nobody compared to you, Nudieboy. I need a good PR man!!

For a moment, I thought this topic was about nude doctors as opposed to patients. Whew!

I went to the hospital for a semi-blocked urinary passageway, and everything below my navel was on display while I was being prepared for the procedure. I was given some apologies, but I assured the the staff I was not the least bit bothered by being "exposed." If anything, it was a very humorous situation. Everything went fine thanks to nudism. If I had been a typical prude, it would have been a terrible time.

“I rise early almost every morning and sit in my chamber, without any clothes whatever, half an hour or an hour, according to the season, either reading or writing.”
Ben Franklin

Page: of 7 Previous Topic: Nude Eclipse 8/21/2017 Topic Next Topic: Nudist Parties in homes  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.54 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved