Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 166 ]  [ Total: 166 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 nude doctor visits
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Nude Eclipse 8/21/2017 Topic Next Topic: Nudist Parties in homes
Page: of 7

wardt
Forum Member

Posted - 02/25/2012 :  2:59:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just in the last 2 months or so I have had 8 seperate doctor visits that required me to be nude. I have a problem with a cyst on my buttocks and have been going to the doctor multiple times in an attempt to get it taken care of. I go back again in 2 weeks.
I had been wishing I could have more chances to be nude in front of others but this is hardly the way I would have wanted it having people cut on my rear end over and over again.
Usually they offered me a gown though with me spending most of the time face down nude the gown wouldn't do much anyway and I sometimes just ended up taking it off.
This week however the nurse probably remembering that I didn't seem all that worried about being nude didn't bother to offer me a gown. Usually the nurse in the past would give me a gown and leave the room while I undressed and put the gown on. This time she did not bother with the gown and did not leave the room. She just suggested I take my clothes off and lay down on the table. She did have a sheet to cover me after I layed down on the table. After the visit she stayed in the room talking to me and getting some things together for me to take home. She did not do or say anything unusual or inappropiate about me stripping and later dressing in front of her. Especially after the amount of time recently that I have spent nude at doctors offices I wasn't bothered by it so much but some patients would have been more bothered by having someone in the room while they were dressing and undressing and not offered a gown at all. I assume that had I asked for a gown she would have gotten me 1 though I did not see any in the room.
What was embarrassing about the visit was the fact that after spending a period of time laying face down nude on the table I was now wet from precum and left a wet spot on the plastic sheet on the table. They did not mention it but had to have seen it at least when they cleaned up. There was of course nothing I could have done to prevent it.
I wonder whether the same thing will happen when I go back in 2 weeks as far as the nurse not offering me a gown. Either way I hope it will be the last visit. I have been dealing with this problem for more than 2 months and hope it will finally be better.

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 02/26/2012 :  5:27:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I haven't been to the doctor in almost 5 years now. I've moved around a lot in the last 20 years, and I'm always putting off finding a new GP. I finally called one last week, just waiting for them to obtain my medical records from Florida so they can schedule me for my initial visit, so we'll see how that goes, whether or not they mind me being naked or not. Of course, I'll be moving again in another year and a half, so I'll have to do that all over again.

n/a
deleted

Posted - 03/04/2012 :  09:27:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I find most doctors care less seeing you nude but most will not just tell you oh your a nudist your welcome to undress nude once in exam room while waiting etc. I only had one gp female doctor who was ok with me nude during a checkup i had removed shirt being it was a button up style and when it came to hernia check i took pants down to ankles. after she did all the checking down there i had asked her about other issues and we both discussed them while i was nude.

wardt
Forum Member

Posted - 03/04/2012 :  2:06:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My being a nudist has not been mentioned or been asked. However the nurse has seemed to notice that I do not being seen nude after having been to that doctor multiple times recently. Because of what I am there for being nude is pretty much unavoidable. Until now however they have given me a gown. When you are spending most of the visit lying nude on a table facedown the gown doesn't really hide anything anyway so the gown when I had it was practically useless anyway. I was surprised however that they didn't ask me if I wanted a gown and instead just gave me a sheet after laying down. Even the sheet was pretty much pointless since they had to pull the sheet down for the treatment.
When I have been to other doctors and needed to be in my underwear for the visit sometimes I had a gown and sometimes not. When it was a dermatologist a gown would pretty much just be getting in the way anyway and I frequently didn't bother. Not being offered a gown while nude is unusual however

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 03/09/2012 :  8:34:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
when i was in my early 20's i had to go to the doctor for a checkup, the nurse led me to a exam room and told me to undress but left no gown so i got nude and sat on the exam bench well about 10 minutes later the nurse and doctor both female returned and had a surprised look but said nothing about me being completely nude, now i think when they say undress i think they mean down to the underwear but than i could be wrong.

Bob Knows
Forum Member

Posted - 03/10/2012 :  10:41:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've had a couple of medical checkups where the nurse or doctor said "Undress to your underwear" to which I reply, "I don't wear underwear so I'll just get undressed." It always is acceptable. I'm sure that underwear is just in the way when she's there to stick her finger up his arse to check his prostate. Its not like the sight of a human body is going to shock or offend a medical staff after all their medical training and experience.

davidandcathy
Forum Member

Posted - 03/10/2012 :  4:38:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think our doctor (female) has a pretty good idea about our recreational fun as the "no tan lines" is a dead giveaway :)

nothing feels better than the warm sun on 100% of the body!

wardt
Forum Member

Posted - 03/11/2012 :  12:49:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In my case with recent doctor visits wearing underwear is not even an option. When they will be spending the entire visit working on a problem on my rear end I couldn't exactly be wearing underwear even if I wanted to. The question for my visits was gown or no gown. The nudity was a given. My last 2 we didn't bother with a gown. The gown wasn't hiding anything anyway

léo
Forum Member

Posted - 03/11/2012 :  1:24:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some years back I was cycling across America when the trip came to a halt after a month and a half because of a problem where cyclists least like to have problems. I had a minor lancing operation and was then given flimsy medical underpants to keep the dressing in place.

A middle-aged nurse was in the room and began, with all kindness, to urge me not to be embarrassed - the underpants were netting, so far as I remember, and hid nothing - because she'd been a nurse for hundreds of years and had seen naked men daily in that time.

I smiled and said "It's kind of you but I'm really not bothered either way."

She smiled back and said "Ah yes, you're a European, aren't you?"

Apparently we Europeans are different!

wardt
Forum Member

Posted - 03/11/2012 :  4:02:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Different visit. Different odd situation. I was in the Emergency room and was in only my underwear at that point without a gown. For me that is nothing remarkable since if I am in my underwear I often don't bother with a gown. What was a surprise was when they allowed a female friend to come back and see me without asking ahead of time even though I was in my underwear without even a gown. I was used to having lots of people from the hos[ital in and out but was not expecting to have the female friend come. If I am going to have a friend see me in my underwear fine but I would have prefered they a least be clean. Unfortunately in this case my underwear had a large blood stain on them from the treatment I had recieved. I don't know if my friend was told before coming in that I was underseed but I was not informed they were coming. The friend came back to see how I was and talked to me a couple of minutes before leaving.
It seems to me that patients who are undressed should be asked whether they mind having visitors while they are undressed or not. Some patients would have been more upset and might have either prefered no visitors or to have been given a gown or sheet to cover up. You expect the hospital people to be in and out. You don't necesarily expect visitors in and out uninvited or at least announced ahead of time when you are undressed.

free2be
Forum Member

Posted - 03/12/2012 :  1:25:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree wardt. They should have checked with you first.

runekkid
Forum Member

Posted - 03/15/2012 :  5:52:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I went to a female nurse practioner once for shingles. They were just burning, not coming to a head on the first visit. They had given me one of those ridiculous gowns to wear. The pain was all on one side, from penis/scrotum, and waist on down my thigh. It was very strange. Anyway, I kept the gown on while she llifted it up to look around. Nothing was visible at all, so I just got some pain medication, as I recall.

Eventually, one came to a head. You guessed it, right there on my penis. I went in for another visit, put the gown on as instructed by the admitting nurse. This time, when the practioner came in and wanted to look at me, I said, "I'm sorry, but I just can't wear this thing." And I just took it off. She said it was OK and we finished the rest of the visit (about ten minutes) with me completely naked, and completely at ease. She seemed at ease with it and not offended at all.

Edited by - runekkid on 03/16/2012 4:00:58 PM

upacreekju
Forum Member

Posted - 03/27/2012 :  6:06:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good grief people! We're medical professionals. We talk about you and your no-tanline-butt for days after you visit. NOT!

Jerry

blavan
Forum Member

Posted - 03/28/2012 :  01:52:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I am at a medical office I typically tell the doctor or nurse practitioner that I am not shy about nudity so that he or she is able to be at ease. That way I can just get naked if necessary and allow the exam to proceed. I even tell them that I am a nudist. They might figure it out anyhow due to no tan lines. This is especially helpful for the female doctor or nurse. We have nothing that has not been seen. Why be shy? Just be normal and not make it a big deal.

Being Naked and Being Real

Edited by - blavan on 03/28/2012 1:29:45 PM

n/a
deleted

Posted - 03/28/2012 :  09:47:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Blavan- I have told my doctor this as well but they insisted I do not just undress fully unless it was needed. If it was for a physical then often it was no issue as when the nurse came in to do the pre checkup and noticed on the chart it said I was a nudist she would say like oh ok your the nudist well you may undress if you like but this was only for a physical but anything else not needing to inspect the genital area they never said to undress so openly.

blavan
Forum Member

Posted - 03/29/2012 :  09:39:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, that is what I am referring to also, undress as needed only. I also believe that being a nudist patient might be relevant information to a health professional in terms of health pathology regarding the effect of nudism in general health. It might be interesting to know if there is any data to support this. We believe as nudists that the health benefits of being clothes free are significant. Any long term studies on that might of significant value.

Being Naked and Being Real

Page: of 7 Previous Topic: Nude Eclipse 8/21/2017 Topic Next Topic: Nudist Parties in homes  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.25 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved