Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 139 ]  [ Total: 139 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Men - From the Male Point of View
 Unwanted Erection
 Where do you stand on Male Arousal?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Topic Next Topic: Random-long towell
Page: of 67

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 01/21/2004 :  01:27:23 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Your right about that Willy, or trying to get your attention with an erection. You will see more of that at nude beaches than you will at clubs, because the clubs have rules.

Kim =^.^=

skinnydipper
Forum Member

Posted - 01/22/2004 :  7:39:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Will try one more time... WHY are erections considered offensive?

Until this post, I had never thought about this. We all learn as we go along what good manners are, and I've always understood it's not polite to show an erection should it happen in a nude social setting. But after reading all the points and counterpoints here, it left me puzzled about how it came to be that erections got to be offensive in the first place. And Cheri, I didn't understand your analogy about a sneeze. Seems to me this is more like picking one's nose in public -- is something you just don't do, because it's visually offensive. Still, I am curious how this taboo against uncovered erections got started. Is it universal among all cultures? What about the 18th century Polynesians (before Cook arrived)?

By the way, I'm not advocating a change in nude etiquette. Merely curious.

Grin & bare it ;)

nudetoo
Forum Member

Posted - 01/22/2004 :  9:08:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, how about this,if you are alone and happen to get an erection, no one notices, if there is someone with you then there would be two who would get embarrased, if you were at the pool and there is twenty people there, both sexes and all ages, wouldn't it be the nice thing to do, simply cover yourself. Its not that its a taboo, its manners, like holding a door for someone. Passing gas is a natural thing to do also, but not on a crowded elevator!

MrNatural
Forum Member

Posted - 01/22/2004 :  11:08:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by skinnydipper

Will try one more time... WHY are erections considered offensive?
I think the missing ingredient to understanding all this is in the political backlash of allowing natural erections in the public places like nude beaches.

If the world were ending tomorrow and we all had a day at the nude beach, I doubt there would be much fuss if there was some evidence of eroticism, unless of course it detracted in any way from our enjoying our very last day on earth!

Now- if the world were not ending, "responsibility" would be a factor, and to each person to a different extent. Some would still not care a bit of the consequences, and make no effort to conceal an erection. That person is ignoring the connection between "pushing the envelope" of his freedom today and everyone losing that freedom tomorrow. Others would feel they bear a responsibility to continue and protect that freedom.

If you were a political critic of nudism, and wanted to move to shut down some aspect of it, you'd need some "disgusting" evidence to enflame the people. Fortunately, most nudist venues are run professionally, and most nudists are aggressively aware of potential troublemakers. Our beaches, however, are usually less monitored, and that's where responsible nudists know our problems are likely to occur.

Most of us wouldn't care to take the time and effort to interview the owner of an erection at a nude beach, to be sure he's not bringing it on himself. You know that just wouldn't work. Besides, if someone is failing to cover the erection he's aware of, and he's aware of the possible consequences to losing the beach, and he claims he has a "right" to a public erection, would you still feel he was being, uh, straight up with you? Or is there a possible hidden sexual agenda? Not many of us are willing to allow him to get away with it.

In short, if nudism was commonplace in the USA, we'd probably have no need of this discussion. But, in the fiery political arena, this is where the battle lies, and many feel we must present a more non-controversial face to non-nudists.

True, public erections are quite rare, but the few that "make history" are what is most damaging to our future as nudists.

Edited by - MrNatural on 01/22/2004 11:11:03 PM

nudetoo
Forum Member

Posted - 01/22/2004 :  11:17:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well said MrNatural.

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 01/22/2004 :  11:45:26 PM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Willy if you are alone at a beach and have an erection, no one can be offended. Its like if a tree falls in the forrest and no one is around, does it make a sound?

Kim =^.^=

odinjest
Forum Member

Posted - 01/23/2004 :  05:27:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was many pages back but the issue of erections and illegal activity seemed to be a bit of a stretch (although there are some wakkos out there) but if you make the claim that an erection is the sign of of a potential criminal intent, it is interesting to note that nudity is illegal in many places, and there are people (believe it or not) that think that nudists are part of that group of wakkos (erection or no erection) it may be hard to accept.

As for protecting children from seeing that sort of obscenity..... perhaps (if we leave out the issue of perverts adn deviants) a healthy acceptance of the body and many of its normal functions is not a bad idea. I agree that some thoughts and actions are better when shared in the right context but a healthy erection (in my opinion) should be treated with a pleasant smile and a polite socially acceptable response by the erectee and the observers.

Children learn from what they live. Sad it is that a 13 year old should be embarassed by one of those hormone induced (or other) conditions when it is part of life. In a kind world they might have been taght that it is ok. Sometimes men get them and it does not mean that people will laugh or that you have to be ashamed, but appropriate social behavior is all that is needed. ... (having said all this... i would not care to be embarassed by an inappropriate show of ..... emotions / thoughts/ chemicals ... nor would i want to offend anyone.)

erections dont hurt people people hurt people .....

while we are at it..... what about those erect nipples... are they ok? They could be a result of some perverted womans illegal intent to ravage some innocent male... personally i will assume most people are good, observe, enjoy and smile politely, and remember that it is good that we are all just human.

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 01/23/2004 :  07:33:08 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Lol odinjest!

Kim =^.^=

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 01/23/2004 :  10:35:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
odijest, nipples aren't genitalia / sex organs.

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 01/23/2004 :  11:44:36 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
odinjest;

All the women on this forum have told you that a male erection at a club or the beach should be covered, and the gentlemen on this forum have agreed. Let me see if I can explain this where you can understand it. As a woman, being nude and in the presence of a man with an erection in public, is embarrassing , even if it is not to you. Some men are exhibitionists and get off on women seeing their erections, its like saying, "hi honey, I am aroused are you?"

Your mother probaly told you not to point at people. Why? Its impolite. Your mother probably told you not to talk with food in your mouth. Why? Its impolite. Your mother probably told you not to pick your nose in public. Why? Its impolite. Restraunts have signs that say "No shirt, no shoes, no service. Why? Not only is it impolite its unsanitary. You should not keep an erection in public without covering it up. Why? Its impolite.

I have been a nudist for 17 1/2 years, and I may have seen maybe three guys with erections. I have never seen my husband with an erection at the beach or at the club.

I have also discussed this with the local police, we have several nude beaches in the area. Accourding to the police, a male with an erection exposed in public is considered a lude act.

If you still think that it is your right to have an erection at the beach, then I suggest you go to a beach where no one is around, or to Hedonsim II or III, where you can walk around with an erection all day.

Kim =^.^=

Edited by - Kimberly on 01/23/2004 11:51:14 AM

hikerman
Forum Member

Posted - 01/23/2004 :  1:04:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for your reply to odinjest Kimberly. It was worded very well. I think some people can't make the distiction between nude activity and sexual activity. I agree with you that some men like to show off. I wish that wasn't true, but it is. If they only knew that they aren't impressing anyone. Being nude is a time not to impress others, but a time to relax and feel free.

Isn't It Beautiful Outside ...

randynkim
Forum Member

Posted - 01/23/2004 :  2:58:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i agree hikerman..a lot of people can't make the distiction between nude activity and sexual activity.and kim you are 100% correct covering up is the polite thing to do.we have to police ourselves.we do not need to give those that oppose nude recreation any more fuel to put on the fire.

fox100d
Forum Member

Posted - 01/23/2004 :  6:50:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Outstanding comments Kim! You covered it all! End of discussion! Period!

nudetoo
Forum Member

Posted - 01/23/2004 :  8:09:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
here!here!

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 01/23/2004 :  9:12:49 PM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you gentlemen, I was not trying to be rude, just trying to clear the air. I agree with you guys that we need to keep sexual activites separate from nudest activites and police ourselves. As randynkim said, we don't want to give those that oppose nudism anymore fuel for the fire.

Kim =^.^=

Page: of 67 Topic Next Topic: Random-long towell  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.31 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved