Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 204 ]  [ Total: 204 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Non nudist parents visiting
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Is open blinds or curtain an issue while nude? Topic Next Topic: Playing in the mud!  

smoothnudes
Forum Member

Posted - 07/07/2009 :  8:32:20 PM  Show Profile  Click to see smoothnudes's MSN Messenger address  Send smoothnudes a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
we are in australia my folks know that we are nudists,but have not visited since we reformed to nudism.
So i asked them if,they would mind when we all went to our local clothes optional beach if we went nude,my wife and i, mom replied " i dont care what you do just dont ask us to join" now,am i to read thats an approval that they dont mind or a sarcastic way of saying no?
Whats the best approach on D day even if they do approve,softly softly or just straight gear off nude in a jiffy and get it over with?

desertnude
Forum Member

Posted - 07/08/2009 :  03:16:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit desertnude's Homepage  Send desertnude a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I think you have to know your family better than anyone else. My parents are casual nudists (they are sometimes nude at home while alone) and would be cool with it. When my family comes to my home I wear shorts as my sister and her husband would be offended to the point of leaving, you just have to be considerate of others, just as with anything else. If they are willing to go with you to a clothing optional beach they probably won't mind.

Michael

smoothnudes
Forum Member

Posted - 07/08/2009 :  05:03:21 AM  Show Profile  Click to see smoothnudes's MSN Messenger address  Send smoothnudes a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for that,well whilst i say "them" i have only spoke to mom about it who was the one who said its fine,nothing she hasnt seen before,im kinda wondering if she asked dad.Im sure he would be ok with it.Afterall my wife will be there too.I shall perhaps take the easy approach first casually in the house i think,i was told that a spa is generally good,if your first in,and walking around the house in the morning with a robe on open fronted slightly,breaks the instant shock,and shows the other parties of your intentions

VLM34
Forum Member

Posted - 07/09/2009 :  04:02:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by smoothnudes

Thanks for that,well whilst i say "them" i have only spoke to mom about it who was the one who said its fine,nothing she hasnt seen before,im kinda wondering if she asked dad.Im sure he would be ok with it.Afterall my wife will be there too.

Here's a simple way to find out: Ask them.

quote:
I shall perhaps take the easy approach first casually in the house i think,i was told that a spa is generally good,if your first in ...

Keep it simple. Ask them.

quote:
...and walking around the house in the morning with a robe on open fronted slightly,breaks the instant shock,and shows the other parties of your intentions.

Skip the flasher act.

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 07/16/2009 :  12:53:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One way I would think is when they get there, tell them there are two options..the regular beach or the c/o beach, and let them decide.

agde
Forum Member

Posted - 07/18/2009 :  12:42:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm sure many have faced this, so think its quite interesting to share experiences. Over the years, with various family and friends, we've tried a variety of approaches. Ultimately, we've found it is about managing expectations. For example, if going to the beach, we discuss clothing-mandatory and clothing-optional choices, and, if they are ok with clothing-optional, when we get there we just disrobe without fuss and they can wear whatever they want. We've found that people appreciate the clarity and our nonchalance, rather than too much discussion or overt fretting,

When we host visitors at home, we've always taught the kids that there are sort of three types of company -- formal, good friends, and family (including friends who are like family). Home clothing patterns adapt to whatever "formal" visitors are used to. Good friends means that there has been enough interaction over time that we've developed a specific mixed pattern adapted to them and us. Family adapt to our normal routine.

Examples from this summer. A former colleague and family came for a visit -- we all showed up for breakfast in T-shirts and shorts, ready to go out sightseeing. Beach outings were textile. Former neighbors from the US came by -- breakfast was with them in bathrobes and us au natural. Beach was C/O -- us nude, them topfree, their teen son tried nude for first time.. My non-naturist sister-in-law dropped by -- always chic, fashionable and in full makeup, even at breakfast, even with everybody else nude, and even in the old days when surrounded by gaggles of lively naturist children, including her daughter who preferred to blend in with the other cousins. Beach was C/O -- us nude and her monokini.

What we've learned doesn't work is somehow being semi-dressed or progressively less-dressed as a way to "help people get used to nudity" -- it doesn't work because we aren't acting naturally and situational expectations become unclear for them. So my thought for smoothnudes is just to let your parents know when to expect nudity then follow through. At the beach for sure "just straight gear off nude in a jiffy", not to "get it over with" so much as to be natural in doing what they expect you to do.

smoothnudes
Forum Member

Posted - 07/26/2009 :  7:52:02 PM  Show Profile  Click to see smoothnudes's MSN Messenger address  Send smoothnudes a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for that,both rooftop and AGDE that was very helfull.
I did read this and discuss it with them,i got feed back from them as per your saying,mom said "well its nothing she hasnt seen before" correct in tha,afterall , all men are the same,and that theyw ouldnt mind at all if thats how we wanted to go,then she wouldnt mind, even cracking a joke saying "it will be something different to look at" so im guessing thats an approval and all we need to do is tell them when we will be going,

Yes i agree get it overwith in the first few seconds a non nudist looking at a nudist be it male of female and be it parents sisters brothers or anyone,the first few seconds may be initially daunting,however nothing chages after that, so your very right get there strip off,quick done get on with the day.
Thanks for that!!!

n/a
deleted

Posted - 03/04/2012 :  7:47:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I sat down with my mother in law well before I was ever nude in her presence and got her feelings about it, about me being a nudist. It took about 2 years before she was willing to be around me while im nude in small doses, like if she is having coffee and i wake up walk out to get a drink nude and we chit chat a bit while i am nude, she is ok with it. but not much for more than a hour or so after that she prefers i get dressed.

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 03/09/2012 :  8:26:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
unless i lived in a nudist camp i don't see how it would be a problem, i am nude 90% of the time at home but if family or even friends were visiting i'd stay dress now if i lived in a nudist camp that would be different and i would welcome them but let them know that nudisty was common place if they visited and more than likely i'd be nude too.

Previous Topic: Is open blinds or curtain an issue while nude? Topic Next Topic: Playing in the mud!  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.25 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved