Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 171 ]  [ Total: 171 ]  [ Newest Member: chicagonudist ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Is open blinds or curtain an issue while nude?
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: No Topic Needed - Just Chatting - January 2012 Topic Next Topic: Non nudist parents visiting
Page: of 6

tcan
Forum Member

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  10:23:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi there my wife and i aways walk around the house nude when we just wake up or about to go to bed and any other time we fit between. but my biggest concern is should i worry about people driving by seeing us or neighbors thinking we are bad about us? i really dont care if someone see us but i dont want to get into trouble if the wrong person happens to look in. i also have a big backyard with a some what decent privicy fence but my neighbor to the left can look in if wanted should i not go outside in my yard nude in fear of her husband and her not knowing about this lifestyle? tell some stories or answer the questions to help me out

Edited by - tcan on 06/12/2007 9:55:32 PM

GeeWilly
Forum Member

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  12:49:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You know, tcan, normally a person can do whatever they want on their own property so long as they are mindful of others who have an unobstructed view of said premises. You said that you have a privacy fence but that it does not preclude your neighbor's looking into your backyard.

Since you know this and have concerns about it, I would suggest that you discuss your intentions with your neighbors if possible. Otherwise, you will likely need to erect perhaps a temporary means to block their field of view.

It is a nice feeling to step out into your yard wearing absolutely nothing.

tcan
Forum Member

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  3:41:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
your right GeeWilly i will probally put up a higher fence on the one side because i dont want to go through the hassle of them thinking my wife(if she break out the shell)and i are weird plus my wife wouldnt want me to talk to them about being a nudist because they might start looking over more often. Plus i dont think my wife will go out like that yet..

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  7:21:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Depending on where you live, you can be cited/arrested. In SC, if you can be seen from the public right of way, water or concrete, you are not legal. Before you converse with your VA neighbors, check the state and local laws.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

NTLnTAA
Forum Member

Posted - 05/13/2007 :  10:52:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tinted windows.
You can have a film applied to your house windows the same as can be done to your car windows. On the minue side. Do not stand in direct sunlight where you can be seen from the outside. Do not have a light on in a darker room or area of a room where you can be seen from the outside. Do not stand closer then six inches from a window or door if you do not want to be seen from the outside. The plus side out weights the minus IMHO. If your budget can afford it, do your homework. There are different grades and different levels of tint.

thornapplebison
Forum Member

Posted - 05/13/2007 :  3:35:02 PM  Show Profile  Send thornapplebison a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Great answer, NTLnTAA!

I hadn't thought of that.

smoothNtanned
Forum Member

Posted - 05/14/2007 :  11:56:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some good ideas from members.

We have lived in three homes over the past 25 years, two on rather private acreages with long driveways. In those cases, never had to be concerned about being naked anywhere in the house. Most often never closed the blinds in our bedrooms, and still don't, other than for keeping out the early morning summer light.

One home was on a standard size lot with some treed privacy for several windows. From outside I assessed the daytime light pattern of the remaining windows from different angles, as well as how far back from a window one must be to minimze being seen from outside. Due to reflections, shadows and potential viewing angles, it was generally about 5 to 6 feet with a few at 2 to 3 feet. It quickly seemed to be automated in my mind were to walk or stand without giving it second thought.

Nightime was a different matter. Bedroom still okay at 3 feet due to the outside viewing angle. The living room and dining area both required more distance but furnishings obscured any concerns otherwise.

When staying at rental accommodation when travelling or housesitting, I do a similar initial assessment. Really glad to have taken the few minutes! Most do not have the privacy that we enjoy and hold dear.

NudeAl
Forum Member

Posted - 05/14/2007 :  11:11:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My current home is out in the woods on a one acre lot. We have neighbors on both sides but no direct line of site from one window to another so it isn't a problem for me. I am constructing a privacy fence around my backyard. There are some knot holes but the only way I could be seen is if they were to come on to my property and put their nose against the fence which is over 6 1/2 feet tall. I feel I am safe enough however I do have one or two neighbors who feel comfortable walking up to my backyard if they hear me outside. I guess they will get an eyefull one of these days. I have built up a fairly good relationship with them so I hope that will help turn things in my favor. As far as I know I am with in the letter of the law but I haven't actually seen the laws in Washington state regarding nudity on ones own property. Does anyone know or have a link to a site that might?

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep. -- Robert Frost

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 05/16/2007 :  12:01:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Al, Go to TNS's website at http://www.naturistsociety.com and click on the NAC link - then go to the listing for the states' laws. Your own community might have something additional.
Cheri

-
-

NudeAl
Forum Member

Posted - 05/16/2007 :  11:36:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thaks Cheri it was helpful. However I did not see mention of something I thought I had read elsewhere in that in order to cite someone under the indecent exposure laws someone must first make a complaint and it cannot be the police they are suppposed to be believed to be neutral.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep. -- Robert Frost

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 05/17/2007 :  10:54:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NudeAl

Thaks Cheri it was helpful. However I did not see mention of something I thought I had read elsewhere in that in order to cite someone under the indecent exposure laws someone must first make a complaint and it cannot be the police they are suppposed to be believed to be neutral.

It depends on the way the law is written. Most police don't really know what is written.
Cheri

-
-

love2rllrsk8

Posted - 05/17/2007 :  12:08:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My husband and I love to walk around the house nude. We live in an RV Park in our 30 ft travel trailer. I always have the shades open and we walk around the way the good lord made us. We dont have that much traffic through here anyways except on the weekends. We live right on the lake in Lake Elsinore, CA...so we get alot of vacationeers that come to jet ski or camp on the beach. Its a quiet little RV park and our neighbors are really nice people. Havent had any complaints yet...

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 05/17/2007 :  12:38:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by love2rllrsk8

My husband and I love to walk around the house nude. We live in an RV Park in our 30 ft travel trailer. I always have the shades open and we walk around the way the good lord made us. We dont have that much traffic through here anyways except on the weekends. We live right on the lake in Lake Elsinore, CA...so we get alot of vacationeers that come to jet ski or camp on the beach. Its a quiet little RV park and our neighbors are really nice people. Havent had any complaints yet...

You might want to check the laws there to make sure you can't be cited.
Cheri

-
-

EuroTim
Forum Member

Posted - 05/17/2007 :  2:58:35 PM  Show Profile  Click to see EuroTim's MSN Messenger address  Send EuroTim a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hi from Italy. I also am nude almost all the time when I'm at home and the draperies are open except at night. The nice thing about living in Italy is that nobody really cares what you do in your own home. And to be honest, if they're looking in, it's their problem since they are considered voyeurs at that point.

smoothNtanned
Forum Member

Posted - 05/19/2007 :  11:48:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I tend to agree with EuroTim, on the condition that one does not flaunt their nudity from their home and yard. In other words, taking a few measures to minimize being seem incidentally or accidentally that might offend (some things I do to reduce or eliminate this likelihood are in my note of May 14, and they give my wife and me comfort).

The overly curious and voyeuristic will seek ways to 'see', perhaps on occasion expecting to see more than just natural nudity. That should not be my problem, nor should I have to take extra measures to prevent, even if I could. I personally know a few mature and respected adults who make fun of social and/or private nudism, yet will go out of their way to 'view yet not do'. Perhaps it is disdain for that which they don't understand, or envy that they can't seem to take that liberating step. That is a whole other topic..........

Anniebare
Forum Member

Posted - 05/19/2007 :  12:04:52 PM  Show Profile  Send Anniebare a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
If someone wants to peep at me through my windows, they better bring their own Windex, 'cause I'm not much of a housekeeper. (What? I have windows??)

Annie

Page: of 6 Previous Topic: No Topic Needed - Just Chatting - January 2012 Topic Next Topic: Non nudist parents visiting  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.53 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved