Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 108 ]  [ Total: 108 ]  [ Newest Member: bea abe ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Is open blinds or curtain an issue while nude?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: No Topic Needed - Just Chatting - January 2012 Topic Next Topic: Non nudist parents visiting
Page: of 6

McKaw

Posted - 06/10/2007 :  05:40:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can say that we are still closet nudist when at our homeground

Its a bit different when we are away from home and on holidays. We dont bother to close the curtains to our hotel room and very often goes nude wondering round the room as well as sleeping nude. My wife has also sun just next to the window nude.

Why bother to draw the cutains when no one knows you

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 06/10/2007 :  12:34:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by McKaw

(snip)

Why bother to draw the cutains when no one knows you

There's a very good reason to close the blinds/shades. What happens if you're in the general public and not in a nudist/naturist venue. You can be arrested/cited for indecent exposure or exhibitionism by the police.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

nude1va
Forum Member

Posted - 06/10/2007 :  5:57:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with a lot of the comments. There is a difference between standing all day in front of your window for people to watch and pasiing by a window on someone happens to see in. My wife is always giving me a hard time about walking around the house and past the windows. She is affaird a neighbor or passer by might see me. Unless you are staring at my house most people wouldn't notice.

windowphobe
Forum Member

Posted - 06/10/2007 :  6:12:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit windowphobe's Homepage  Send windowphobe an AOL message  Send windowphobe an ICQ Message  Send windowphobe a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The municipal code where I live specifies that the offense must occur in a "public place," for what that's worth.

tcan
Forum Member

Posted - 06/10/2007 :  6:35:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
what i usually do is during the day i walk around with the windows open and during the night i close the front facing the road and leave the back windows and doors open for a breeze or my wife and i go look at the stars (with the back light off) sometime it feel like you are a prisoner in your own home because you have to remember to close the blinds....

tommyjoe
Forum Member

Posted - 06/11/2007 :  10:08:31 AM  Show Profile  Send tommyjoe a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
My wife is the same way, she is also afraid that a neighbor or passerby will see me walking around the house nude. This time of year we have the air conditoner on so the blinds are down.

MK

Posted - 06/13/2007 :  08:42:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I remember that a number of years back here in Massachusetts a couple chose to be naked in their house and yard, neither of which was very private. Neighbors objected, and there was a court case which the couple won. I lost track of things after that, but I really believe they should have won, but I also believe that they were not doing nudists / naturists any favors. That is the way laws get changed to prohibit nudity.

Check the laws, state and local, talk with the neighbors if it is comfortable, and don't flaunt.

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 01/29/2008 :  12:09:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have mini-blinds and sheer curtain my wife is always concerned but you have to get right up to the window to see in,if they walk by to knock on the door and see us than they are a peeping tom,when I open the door I will cover up

Cookie
Forum Member

Posted - 01/29/2008 :  2:55:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank god we are in the boondocks of Western Mass. Our drivway is about l/2 mile long and we have woods all around us. In front of the house we do have quite a lawn, but if anyone is coming to visit us, it is generally one of our nudist friends. We pick up the mail at the post office, so the only other delivery we might receive would be Fedex or UPS, and that only happens during the holidays, so we are in the "buff" from the time we arrive home from the office, and we don't have worry about a darn thing.

Cookie

HappyDaz
Forum Member

Posted - 02/03/2008 :  12:38:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I’ve seen this subject come up before and I have to weight in this time. While all the posters, which whom I’m in 100% agreement, advocate behaving in a respectful manner towards our neighbours, as a nudist, I don’t feel obligated to hide behind drawn curtains/blinds. Have there been instances in my time as a nudist that snooping neighbours have seen me/us nude? Yes. But these instances were never intentional. What were they going to do? Call the police and tell them that while they were spying on us they were exposed to nudity?

I know there are nudists that push the envelope but in my view; as long as we’re making every reasonable attempt to respect the right of others, we have nothing to worry about. None of us wants to get in trouble with the law or get branded as a deviant, but our position sometimes sounds defensive, as if we are in fact doing something wrong; when we know for a fact that we’re not.

tuatara
Forum Member

Posted - 02/07/2008 :  06:11:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I live in a fourth floor flat(apartment) so it wasn't a problem, as no one could see in. I said wasn't, since in the last few months, a new block of flats is going up opposite my place, which is a hassle on two fronts. It ruins my direct line of site to the supermarket carpark, and I suppose I'm going to have to be careful, when I'm wandering around my place.

Ranger191
Forum Member

Posted - 02/09/2008 :  11:38:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ranger191's Homepage  Send Ranger191 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
My wife and I had a discussion before we moved into our house about blinds and how we want them to be placed during the summer. She likes a lot of light in the house, preferably natural. I also like light, but was willing to have the shades drawn so I nor my neighbors had to worry about anyone seeing more of me than made them comfortable.

Fortunately, we were able to find a compromise. There are blinds that open from the top OR bottom of the window. In the summer, we cover the lower half of all the windows facing public areas. Unless a person comes right up to a window and looks in (bringing into question what they're looking for instead of knocking on the door anyway) there's no way to see me au natural from the street or sidewalk or even from within my yard. They were more expensive than a normal blind, but peace of mind is wonderful along with natural light.

Nobility is not a birthright, it is defined by one's actions.

DaffyTaffy2
Forum Member

Posted - 02/09/2008 :  12:02:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good points on everyones part. For me though its a matter of respecing my nieghbors. I keep my blinds up and walk around all I want nuse whenever I want. I have made it known 2 my nieghobors that I am a nudist and if the kids are out I respect that. But when everyone is at worl or school well so be it the blinds are up. I recently had a deck installed and a french door (with no shades whatso ever) If I want to lay out on the deck I put on a surong, set up my space by putting sheets or towel around the rail and can not be seen from the sarounding houses. I also sit higher then they do so its less chance of that. Its my land but I respect others as much as possible.

Skinny Women are not Evil

go n nude
Forum Member

Posted - 02/09/2008 :  6:47:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Window film can be purchased from Home supply stores it gives a mirror image from outside during day light Hours but at night it becomes invisible people could see in ,it applies like wallpaper and also frosted for complete privacy.

go n nude

Digital_Cowboy
Forum Member

Posted - 02/10/2008 :  02:26:31 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Digital_Cowboy's MSN Messenger address  Send Digital_Cowboy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HappyDaz

I’ve seen this subject come up before and I have to weight in this time. While all the posters, which whom I’m in 100% agreement, advocate behaving in a respectful manner towards our neighbours, as a nudist, I don’t feel obligated to hide behind drawn curtains/blinds. Have there been instances in my time as a nudist that snooping neighbours have seen me/us nude? Yes. But these instances were never intentional. What were they going to do? Call the police and tell them that while they were spying on us they were exposed to nudity?

I know there are nudists that push the envelope but in my view; as long as we’re making every reasonable attempt to respect the right of others, we have nothing to worry about. None of us wants to get in trouble with the law or get branded as a deviant, but our position sometimes sounds defensive, as if we are in fact doing something wrong; when we know for a fact that we’re not.

I too agree that neighbors should always behave in a respectful manner towards one another. BUT why is it always the nudist who has to “compromise” and/or hide behind curtains, doors and privacy fences? Why shouldn’t the textile neighbors be the one’s who make compromises and be the one’s who are “hiding” behind curtains, doors and privacy fences?

This respect one’s neighbors is a one way street going towards our textile neighbors, with none of it coming back to the nudists.

Along with story of the couple from Massachusetts who successfully won a court case I remember reading/hearing about a case where a young lady was sunbathing in the privacy of her fenced in backyard. It seems that the mother of the boy who lived next-door became curious when she noticed him pressing his face against the fence. She went out to where here son was and discovered her son and either his friend or brother were watching/looking at their female next-door neighbor who was sunbathing nude.

Instead of yelling at or punishing her son. She called the cops, who climbed the fence both observed and photographed her. Prior to arresting her for “indecent exposure.” When the case was heard in court her lawyer was able get her (no pun intended) off because a woman’s genitalia is internal and can only be seen with use of a vaginal speculum, x-ray, etc.

In my opinion it should have never have reached the courtroom. She should NEVER been arrested in the first place. The mother of the boy(s) is/are the one(s) who should have been arrested, and NOT the sunbather.

Also as has been asked before WHY isn’t the person who is looking in the window/yard the one’s being arrested for being a peeping tom? As they are the one’s who are breaking the law.

I mean stop and think about something for a second, with more and more high-rise apartment/condos being built even in medium sized cities. And people having telescopes in their homes and/or security/CCTV cameras almost everywhere, we are almost constantly under observation by someone, somewhere at just about anytime. And speaking of those high-rise apartment buildings and condos. If someone is on an upper floor enjoying their home or balcony in the nude and someone across the street with a telescope is watching them, can they file a complaint with the police?

Live Long and Prosper
Herman

Page: of 6 Previous Topic: No Topic Needed - Just Chatting - January 2012 Topic Next Topic: Non nudist parents visiting  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.31 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved