Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 168 ]  [ Total: 168 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Organizations
 AANR- The American Association for Nude Recreation
 World record skinny dip
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: They dont look very naked. Topic Next Topic: 2013 World Record Skinny Dip
Page: of 6

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 07/11/2009 :  11:55:04 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Where I went today, there were 500 nudists in the swimming pool. The water spilled out onto the patio around the pool, and when we all got out, a lot of water had to be pumped back in. Needless to say, it was quite crowded in the pool. Almost like college kids packing themselves into an old-fashioned phone booth.

"The means of defense against foreign danger historically have become the instruments of tyranny at home."
James Madison

Wish2bnude
Forum Member

Posted - 07/12/2009 :  02:34:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Was at Forty Acre club ther was about 166 in the pool not bad for a small resort

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 07/12/2009 :  04:20:06 AM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wish2bnude

Was at Forty Acre club ther was about 166 in the pool not bad for a small resort

That is more than the population of many towns across the USA.

"The means of defense against foreign danger historically have become the instruments of tyranny at home."
James Madison

tigerlady45
Forum Member

Posted - 07/12/2009 :  09:20:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Last count we saw at Turtle Lake Resort was 260. The lagoon was quite crowded.....

Calbob
Forum Member

Posted - 07/12/2009 :  11:16:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Warmskin

Where I went today, there were 500 nudists in the swimming pool. The water spilled out onto the patio around the pool, and when we all got out, a lot of water had to be pumped back in. Needless to say, it was quite crowded in the pool. Almost like college kids packing themselves into an old-fashioned phone booth.

Well, Warmskin, I was also one of the 505 nudists in that pool. My girlfriend and I were treading water with our noodles in the deep end! The next time you plan to come to the resort, let me know and we can arrange to meet.

Bob

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 07/12/2009 :  2:24:41 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Calbob,

Let's do that. Kick around some broadcast engineering experiences! Going there yesterday was a spur of the moment decision, which I seem to do sometimes. When I took off to go to the resort, I hadn't even made up my mind what route to take -- the river route or I-80 and Highway 50. I opted for the river route while I was driving. Next time I will send you a digital smoke signal several days beforehand.

I know, I need to get better organized. LOL That would be a lifetime project.

James Madison

Calbob
Forum Member

Posted - 07/12/2009 :  8:29:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To follow up on Laguna Del Sol's participation in the World Record Skinnydip, the Sacramento Fox station, KTXL, was there and shot quite a bit of footage during the event. Of course, I was quite interested to see how the story came out on the 10:00 news last night. In fact, I even TIVOed it, but I shouldn't have bothered. They did a lousy job on the story and used the term "nudist colony" several times. All of the pool shots were done way out of focus, probably to avoid the wrath of the FCC after the Janet Jackson "wardrobe malfunction".
This morning, I fired off an irate E-Mail to the channel 40 news director and told him what I thought of the story. (I called it a "piece of crap") This same afternoon, I was surprised to receive a nice E-Mail reply from the news director, and he basically agreed with me. He said that "nudist colony" is not a proper term, and apologized for the poor coverage. He said that the reporter is a free-lancer, not full-time, and must not be aware of some of the guidelines. He thanked me for calling it to his attention. I was surprised to hear from him on a Sunday because when I worked in TV broadcasting, news directors did not work on weekends unless there was a major story breaking. Or, perhaps, he picks up his E-Mail at home.

Bob

boomdriver
Forum Member

Posted - 07/12/2009 :  8:51:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Weather was cool, cloudy and breezy in PA at Sunny Rest, but was in the water with my wife and 183 other people. There were quite a few who changed their minds and didn't participate because of the weather. Since I had to pull some strings to adjust my work schedule to get the day off, I was going in regardless!

I'm sure I think I said what I probably meant, but maybe not.

capecodjack
Forum Member

Posted - 07/12/2009 :  10:51:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I has a previous commitment but the local group "Sandy Terraces Assoc." chipped in with 32 skinny dippers and got acknowledged id the local Cape Cod Times. Google "capecodtimesonline"

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 07/13/2009 :  11:44:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey, folks, let's make this thread the most definitive and informative thread anywhere on the world record skinny dip!

Please continue to add your first hand reports, but for those who couldn't attend, we could use a lot more links to the good articles.

If you see a well written article reporting the event, post the link here with a short description.

What the heck, if you see a really badly written article, you can post that link too!

PABiker
Forum Member

Posted - 07/13/2009 :  11:59:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Boomdriver, my wife and I were in the pool as well. I thought Judy announced 185 people, but I could be wrong. We were among the first into the pool since we wanted a seat on the shelf in the deep end. I noticed people leaving the line to enter the pool once they announced you would have to remain in the pool for the duration. I hope they returned closer to 3 pm. With the number of people present for the Cancer Charity Auction just before the skinny dip I thought we might be able to overflow the pool. It's too bad not everyone participated. The pool did nearly overflow by the time I went home around 2 am from the storms. Hopefully you were in an RV or hotel room. I've tented in similar weather and the air mattress is as much to stay above the water as it is for comfort.

If you're a regular, we might actually know each other already. Small world, huh?

Edited by - Admin to remove bolding of entire post.

johninfla
Forum Member

Posted - 07/13/2009 :  2:07:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lake Como estimates a little over 400. No official count yet

seallin
Forum Member

Posted - 07/13/2009 :  2:32:05 PM  Show Profile  Send seallin an AOL message  Send seallin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by johninfla

Lake Como estimates a little over 400. No official count yet

What part of Fl are you in? Asking because we're in Florida as well.

We wanted to attend but not only had we forgotten about it, but we didn't have the money to get anywhere for it. I guess if we did have the money we wouldn't have forgotten all about it. All of our money is tied up in savings for expensive new electronic toys.

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 07/13/2009 :  8:18:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
It's a small globe we live on, and nudism is part of it. I encountered, from a distance, a woman who looked an awful lot like a woman in one of my classes. Turns out, she was. We kidded about it in class today, but privately so. 38,000,0000 in this state, hundreds of people at the skinny dip Guinness record event, and I already knew one of the attendees. The odds are not that good of meeting someone you know. Perhaps, the Guinness get together made it happen.

You just never know who around you is a nudist. There are no apatetic instruments at hand at a nudist resort, and all is known, even your fellow students are not immune from being discovered (certainly not covered!). Now, I am curious who else in my classes are nudists, although I still have yet to think of a way to find out.

Can't wait for the next repeat of this event next year. Maybe I'll see some of my instructors there!! Wonder what that will do for my grade point average.

Doing some math, the odds of meeting anyone at this resort are 1.3 in 100,000, if you count all the state. If you count only my portion of the state, the odds are 3.37 in 100,000, or 0.000037%. Next year we need to get 0.00001%. That is not far from realistic, as a goal.

I'll be on the lookout for news stories in my local area, ANENT the Guinness event.

James Madison

boomdriver
Forum Member

Posted - 07/13/2009 :  9:41:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
PABiker-

I'm sure we saw you, but didn't know who you were!
We were in the water fairly early, too, and worked our way up to shoulder depth, since the breeze on wet skin was much colder than the water. You must have seen us, I have a rune tattoo on my left arm, and a bluegrass tat on my right. Cindy has a nude fairy on her left shoulder. We're not regulars and that was our first time at Sunny Rest. We were only about twenty miles or so from home, so we were dry during the storms!
There were 185 in the pool- I counted Cindy and myself, and 183 other people! You're right, though, about people leaving as soon as the auction was over. I thought there would far more people participating in the event. Next year THERE WILL BE BETTER WEATHER!!!!

Dick

I'm sure I think I said what I probably meant, but maybe not.

Page: of 6 Previous Topic: They dont look very naked. Topic Next Topic: 2013 World Record Skinny Dip  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 2.54 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved