Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 408 ]  [ Total: 408 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Organizations
 AANR- The American Association for Nude Recreation
 They don't look very naked.
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Membership question Topic Next Topic: World record skinny dip  

gnarlyoldman
Forum Member

Posted - 04/10/2017 :  1:16:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I saw this article on the AANR having an official opening of their new offices in Kissimmee. I wondered about all the clothes they seem to be modeling for the photo. WTF is that? How nude is the Nudist organization?

Why aren't the AANR people naked? Not even for a promotional photo? Not a single naked person in the photo.

If they want to be an organization for people who live naked, work naked, and believe in being naked, what are the actually promoting by living and working wearing clothes? Makes no sense to me.

http://www.aanr.com/downloads/newsletter/March-Undressed-Press-FINAL.pdf

Naked is green.

soonbnude
Forum Member

Posted - 04/20/2017 :  07:20:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Maybe it was cold or the size of those scissors scared them. Don't be too hard on them.

Cheers, SBN.

nudieboy and jenni
Forum Member

Posted - 04/20/2017 :  09:11:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We live near Kissimmee and the location of the office is in a respectful business district. As responsible nudists we should blend in to the local. Imagine if these people had been standing there nude, the bad press coverage nudism would have received.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 04/20/2017 :  10:57:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In a recent article, it was stated that clothing is required while working inside the offices of AANR. The office is in a strip mall with other businesses. They have lots of textile traffic daily and greeting the clothed public while nude would not be good for our image or their message.

There have been photos of staff working nude inside the offices but the office was closed to the public. Being that this photo was a ribbon cutting ceremony outside the offices, it would make perfect sense that they would be dressed and it appears they were dressed for a ceremonial dedication.

I was a bit more concerned about the seemly lack of nudity in the last Bulletin. It always seems as though AANR has meetings at various clubs and resorts and they are always dressed for these meetings. There seems to be less and less nudity in our nat'l org's nudist magazine.

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

gnarlyoldman
Forum Member

Posted - 04/20/2017 :  10:58:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nudieboy and jenni

We live near Kissimmee and the location of the office is in a respectful business district. As responsible nudists we should blend in to the local. Imagine if these people had been standing there nude, the bad press coverage nudism would have received.

Imagine the positive press coverage they would receive by being naked in the office that promotes nudism.

Are you saying that nudism is not a "respectful business"? Or are you saying that nudity is not "respectful"?

What message are we sending here?

Naked is green.

nudieboy and jenni
Forum Member

Posted - 04/20/2017 :  1:27:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The press coverage would be awful unless they blacked out all the windows, and then people would wonder what perverted things were going on inside the office.
Fireprof is exactly right.

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 04/20/2017 :  5:01:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is just Bob being Bob. No one would seriously expect AANR to put the "strip" in "strip mall". Instead of "positive press coverage", a front office full of naked people would attract gawkers and law enforcement. AANR has problems enough.

soonbnude
Forum Member

Posted - 04/20/2017 :  5:48:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hey well said to all above in explaining this. I'm ignorant of the details and was mucking around. It's great that people are keen about nudism but maybe we need to reign in the zealots a little. I think its great in the sense that it shows that they people representing the group come across as just ordinary people in the community and not something else that could damage the image. As said above and elsewhere on the site, nudism has enough image problems.

SBN.

gnarlyoldman
Forum Member

Posted - 04/21/2017 :  12:10:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by soonbnude

it shows that they people representing the group come across as just ordinary people in the community and not something else that could damage the image. As said above and elsewhere on the site, nudism has enough image problems.
SBN.

Yes. Oh the shock if people representing nudity as a natural way of live would come across as --- naked! Oh the horror.

Naked is green.

soonbnude
Forum Member

Posted - 04/21/2017 :  4:21:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hey GOM, I'm not trying to wind you up here or pick a fight, but the points made above are valid. The office is in a business district, public location etc. I'm just saying I'm not sure having naked people out the front will do the organisation or the image of naturism any good in the eye of the average textile and the media. I think it could make the group look like a bunch of exhibitionists or similar or worse and could easily be taken out of context given the way the media can behave with the slightest hint of nudity.

Have no issues with trying to de-mystify naturism and what its about in the sense of its not a great orgy or people everywhere but like minded people being comfortable in their own skin around others. I agree with what I think are your sentiment that the average textile could do with learning about this and accepting people for who they are etc.

Anyway, better stop my rant, its too early for that down here. SBN.

free2be
Forum Member

Posted - 04/22/2017 :  09:13:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by soonbnude

I think its great in the sense that it shows that they people representing the group come across as just ordinary people in the community and not something else that could damage the image.

SBN.

I totally agree with this statement SBN! Associating ordinary people with nude recreation is a good thing.

Nude in AK
Forum Member

Posted - 04/22/2017 :  09:54:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some times there is a need to have cloths on when dealing with people. It is would be nice not to have to but that is the way it is.
I am OK with AANR having clothed people in their office!

free2be
Forum Member

Posted - 04/22/2017 :  10:38:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How does the saying go...Nude when you can, clothed when necessary... or something along those lines.

Nude in AK
Forum Member

Posted - 04/22/2017 :  11:44:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well said, as much as some of would like to be nude more, it is not always possible. We take what we can!
quote:
Originally posted by free2be

How does the saying go...Nude when you can, clothed when necessary... or something along those lines.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 04/22/2017 :  11:43:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cheri Alexander ... a good friend and long time nudist and non landed club owner, put it this way ...

"Nude when possible, clothed when practical" ... the way we've lived our nudist lifestyle for as long as I can remember.

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

soonbnude
Forum Member

Posted - 04/23/2017 :  06:50:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Wise indeed.

Previous Topic: Membership question Topic Next Topic: World record skinny dip  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.24 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved