Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 492 ]  [ Total: 492 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Men - From the Male Point of View
 Unwanted Erection
 A simple question? Arousal and etiquette...
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: So I was thinking about becomming a nudist Topic Next Topic: My questions & problems wanting to be a nudist
Page: of 32

NudeAl
Forum Member

Posted - 05/19/2005 :  12:10:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, all I can say is I guess you guys must belong to a different sort of naturist resort than I do. I know for a fact none of the resorts and non-landed clubs I have ever belonged to would consider it acceptable behavior. I suggest if you like walking around like that try it at one of your local resorts and see what kind of a reaction you get, I bet it's not a positve one. Maybe you are looking for another kind of nude recreation?

"The best dress for walking is nakedness." Colin Fletcher

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 05/20/2005 :  3:02:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am puzzled by those that come here, new to naturism and new to naturist message boards and ask questions about what is etiquette. When given, what the vast majority of those of us that have been nudist/naturists for well over 25 years, know as etiquette these new nudists get upset because we state what nudist etiquette is regarding certain issues.

I will tell you that I do not visit every nudist message board there is on the internet. I will tell you that I visit and post on many.....over 8 different sites. The same issue regarding erections has been brought up by several on every message board I contribute to. In every instance, one person will defend the right and 15-20 others will recite nudism etiquette. After doing this, the one to 4 people in the topic thread will do the exact same thing......accuse those that think that an erection should not be flaunted, you should be discreet and usually sitting down, covering yourself or going into the water is appropriate NUDIST behavior and etiquette, are NOT NUDIST.

This brings to mind that saying...."I'm not nuts, the rest of the world is".

You have every right to have your own opinion, no one has argued that. But, no one should come here and ask the vast majority of true nudist what etiquette is for certain issues and then accuse the vast majority of being wrong, judgmental or "putting anyone down." We gave you our opinions and we gave you what etiquette is for these certain issues that follow the nudist philosophy and principles.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 05/20/2005 :  6:40:59 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I agree with FireProf, well said.

I believe some people are in to nudism for the wrong reasons. I'll have to admit when I first started I thought seeing naked women would be a turn on, but once I tried it I was amazed how nonsexual the whole experience was. I have never been aroused by another woman on a nude beach. After a couple years of my wife going to nude beaches with me, she asked "How can you go all day, seeing other women, with out [it] getting up." I told her "because this is not about sex." Personally I can't look at 25-30 naked people and get aroused.

Watching my wife playing in the ocean can get me aroused faster than any thing, and that is because of our Love. But I have never, and would never show it around. For the uuumpptenth time people, Etiquette says sit down or cover it till it passes.

It all boils down to RESPECT.

Diger

mission594
Forum Member

Posted - 05/20/2005 :  8:27:28 PM  Show Profile  Send mission594 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
you know, I think the problem comes down to the following attitude..."I already have an opinion of how I want things to opperate, but I want to hear others that agree with me. So I will ask and see if I can get the answer that I want, but attack those that disagree with me or try to confuse the issue with the facts"

Personally, in my home and on my property, if I was to have an erection, "so what" life goes on and I continue what I was doing anyway, but I know this will not disturb any member of my family. HOWEVER, in a public situation it really does matter, not every body has the same feelings about this subject. Those people that are just getting into nudism and are not really sure of "it's not about sex" would get the wrong message by the displayed erection, no matter what the cause of the said erection. At this point it doesn't matter if it was "natural" or cause by sexual thought, we have potentally lost a perspective member to our ranks. Some may return, but I suspect that some will never try again because what they had seen was nudity really does = sex. It would be nice to be in a world where an erection doesn't neccessarily mean sex, but we are having enough trouble with non-erection nudity=sex attitude in our culture as it is. All the erection does is disproves all our arguments of distintion between nude and sex.

Daniel

I know my favorite suit is under these clothes somewhere!?

balataf
Forum Member

Posted - 07/23/2005 :  10:34:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit balataf's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It boils down to attitude and mental discipline for the vas majority of men, and (less physiologicaly obvious, for women. God made men to react, but also gave us minds.
Personally, I have less of a problem. Due to diabetic complications, it"s been a while since I could achieve a normal erection. Odd, I would not have called that an "advantage."

balataf

Massai
Forum Member

Posted - 07/23/2005 :  6:13:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All opinions presented here are respectable.
There is no reason why things need to be either black or white.

-->There is enough room on this planet for all of us<--. We can create varieties of nudist venues that fit a number of philosophies.

Here is one flavor of nudist venue that I wish existed (if not, maybe we can make one ?)... It would be interesting to find a nudist resort or location with the following rules (among others)

- Passive erections are acceptable and all males are free, by nature, to have one if it so happens. If you encounter a male with a passive erection then give them space and DO NOT disturb. Anyone found reprementing or disturbing a male who has a passive erection will be asked to leave the premises.

- Active erections are NOT acceptable. Any male found to actively/manually invoke an erection will be expelled from the club.

This particular type of venue would be evenly strict on both ends of the spectrum. Those who are too conservative will be forced to leave and those who are too hedonistic will also be forced to leave. It does not mean that these people are bad or wrong, it just means that they do not fit with the philosophy of that particular venue.

Edited by - Massai on 07/24/2005 10:34:45 PM

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 07/24/2005 :  08:54:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Massai

All opinions presented here are respectable.
There is no reason why things need to be either black or white.

-->There is enough room on this planet for all of us<--. We can create varieties of nudist venues that fit a number of philosophies.

Here is one flavor of nudist venue that I wish existed (if not, maybe we can make one ?)... It would be interesting to find a nudist resort or location with the following rules (among others)

- Passive erections are acceptable and all males are free, by nature, to have one if it so happens. If you encounter a male with a passive erection then give them space and DO NOT disturb. Anyone found reprementing or disturbing a male who has a passive erection will be asked to leave the premises.

- Active erections are NOT acceptable. Any male found to actively/manually invoke an erection will be expelled from the club.

This particular type of venue would be evenly strict on both ends of the spectrum. Those who are too conservative will be forced to leave and those who are too hedonistic will also be forced to leave. It does not mean that these people are bad or wrong, it just means that they do fit with the philosophy of that particular venue.

Massai, You are welcome to have your opinion, but it's not one that is accepted at the more than 50 clubs, parks, resorts, and beaches I've visited.

Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

joenudist
Forum Member

Posted - 07/24/2005 :  1:04:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with Cheri, Fireproof and Diger. I feel the etiquette of covering up is a good idea and is just common courtesy. Going to the bathroom is also a natural body function but you do not do that in front of everybody.

What if you do have a beach or club that allows erections? One of the biggest complaints in nudism is the lack of female nudists and the reluctance of women to try it and I suspect you would see a big drop in the number of women at a beach or club that allows erections.

Joe

curious1
Forum Member

Posted - 07/24/2005 :  9:26:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After reading this entire thread, I have to wonder... it is considered bad etiquette, the resorts/clubs I've read up on all seem to indicate it is unwelcome, so why argue it? I can see expressing an opinion, but I think it is not going to change. I must admit as a curious outsider, I find it amusing (but not an issue) that people so comfortable with nudity would have an issue with this, but I also have no problem if that is the custom in general.

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 07/25/2005 :  09:32:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I think it's not a nudist position, but more of a male vs female point of view. So for harmony, like with other differences, we males should accept the position of etiquette as set down by the nudist community. By the way, I agree with the cover-up position.

Chic

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 07/25/2005 :  9:17:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is a proven fact that there are more male nudists than female nudists. Agreed??

Is is a proven fact that after numerous nudist message board polls, the vast majority of female members that post or those that post through their husbands who posts, such as me, were once reluctant to get into nudism because of fearing the sexual connection with nudity. Agreed??

The vast majority of males and females feel that an erection is a sign of sexual stimulation. This can be argued til doomsday but the fact is, most everyone feels that when a man gets an erection, he's only got one thing on his mind and it isn't the warm sun or breeze on his skin that is on his mind.

If we all agree on the first sentence/question I posted......and we want more women of all ages to join in and accept nudism, it's principles and philosophies, then.....we must also be conscious of their fears & concerns and not try to change their minds but allow them to change their own minds in due time.

We cannot continue to tell these women that an erection is okay and nothing to fear, they have to decide that for themselves and we will not get them interested or stay interested in nudism if we are not understanding of those fears and concerns.

Have some manners, etiquette and tact.

pilot
Forum Member

Posted - 07/25/2005 :  10:24:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
FireProf makes a critical point: recruiting women (and this includes spouses, children, parents and friends) to social nudism demands that we men provide a safe haven in which neither they nor their loved ones (children) feel sexualy threatened. Irrespective of one's personal perceptions of heightened sensuality while nude, that perception has no place in public expression. In plain English, while erections are a biological fact of male life, respect for our women more or less demands that they be kept private/concealed etc.

It would be naive to imagine that people of either gender are immune to sexual thoughts or attractions while nude any more than they are while clothed. But if social nudity is to be safe, and also perceived as safe, it's up to everyone to manage those attractions and ensure that they are expressed in the appropriate context, time and place.

Massai
Forum Member

Posted - 07/26/2005 :  08:39:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear friends,

Unfortunately, I do not understand your answers.
Are you simply stating that
-you wouldn't participate in the particular proposed venue ? or...

-that no single venue of that sort should dare exist (sort of an ultimatum of either your way or no-way ) ?

Chuck
Forum Member

Posted - 07/26/2005 :  2:04:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Friends...lets give this one a rest..everything has been said at least three times in different formats...I am not trying to be disrespectful or squash someone else's opinion...but it seems that the topic will never subside..and again I do appologize if I am going across as a prude...certainly not that...its just a tired issue.
Chuck

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 07/26/2005 :  6:26:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Couldn't agree more Chuck!

Page: of 32 Previous Topic: So I was thinking about becomming a nudist Topic Next Topic: My questions & problems wanting to be a nudist  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.62 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved