Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 263 ]  [ Total: 263 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Society And Culture: Nudism Around The World
 Religion And Nudism
 Are Nudism and Sin Related? (continued ...)
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: What is the relation between religion and nudism? Topic Next Topic: Southern California Buddhists Meeting
Page: of 4

paint4life
Forum Member

Posted - 08/01/2003 :  11:43:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

So... I am just trying to place this discussion in its proper place.

Comments from the biblical arguments in the topic Organizations that Prey on Nudism http://www.nudist-resorts.org/talk/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=82&whichpage=2 should be placed here, from now on. Thx. --Paint4Life

calmnude
Forum Member

Posted - 08/04/2003 :  08:49:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
to me sin is always in the eye of the beholder. anything can be termed evil/sinful by a warped mind. biblical references taken out of context can be found in many political speeches and policies. genesis says everything god created was good. so it was man who warped the good. nudism not evil. the biblical reference to adam & eve realizing they were naked is symbolic as well. my knowledge is not deep enough to go into details, but nudism is evil only if you have evil purposes in mind

Conster74
Forum Member

Posted - 08/24/2003 :  06:53:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Conster74's Homepage  Send Conster74 an AOL message  Click to see Conster74's MSN Messenger address  Send Conster74 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
What I personally find evil is this propensity on the part of some to come on this message board trying to get us to scrap the nudist lifestyle because they can't handle the idea. C'mon bub -- you weren't born with a pair of designer jeans on your rump. Stop trying to shove your morals down everyone else's throat -- you don't see nudists having wars and killing people who don't agree with them, whereas that seems to be Christianity's fave hobby as evidenced repeatedly throughout history. YES we sometimes have child molesters and perverts to visit our resorts -- they are quickly found out and severely dealt with and permanently banned. I have news for you -- this is doing far more about this very universal problem than the Catholic Church has dealt with its own among the ranks. I'm sorry for this being so abrasive but I have to tell the truth as I see it, I wish people would just at least look at the facts...

calmnude
Forum Member

Posted - 08/25/2003 :  09:40:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sometimes they dont want to look at the facts, and that IS the problem,conster74. maybe someday (sigh), we will have a world where the positive is stressed over the negative. im hoping

Garo847

Posted - 12/07/2003 :  8:13:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Adam and Eve where naked. God intended man to be proud of their bodies. What is so bad about the completely natural human body? YOU are sinning if you think the human body is ment to be clothed.

Proof of nudism not being a sin is in the bible. The 10 commandments did not say "Thou shall cover your body and not show your skin to other people!" It wasn't said anywhere else in the bible ethier. God made Adam and Eve naked, and only when Eve commited the first sin did they cover their bodies.

Think of this... if public nudism wasn't a crime, do you think that a naked women walking down the street on a warm sunny day would be thought of as indecent? Of course not. These radical christian sites who say that naked women compell 'young men' to commit sin are foolish, because it would not compell young men if they didn't label it sinful in the first place.

Clothes are only NECESSARY for warmth and prevent injury. Anything beyond that is nonsense.

I hope this answered your question.

I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay!

melissastarr
Forum Member

Posted - 12/07/2003 :  8:38:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit melissastarr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I tend to agree with many of your points, Garo. Nudity is definitely not sin. I've encountered a man who thinks that nudity increases temptation, especially when men see nude women. Before attending a nude event I had this same concern. But watching men playing volleyball nude or swimming nude was not a temptation for me- there was nothing sexual about it. But how does one convince those who've never tried nudism that nudity does not equal sex?

I think nudism is not a sin. But some of the actions of nudists- like anyone else- can be sin. How can anyone consider volleyball in the nude a sin? Yet I can see how someone would say that a young man stroking himself in front of others or purposely showing off an erection would be sin. Also, our minds can sin. For example, if we look at someone lustfully that would be sin. But to look at ssomeone nude is not sin. Personally, I was very curious as to what nude bodies looked like when I went to my first nude event. While at the event I discreetly looked around (not gawking, mind you) just to see the variety of bodies among my fellow women. Is there anything wrong with doing this? No. The body was created by God in His Image. What is there to be ashamed of? What is sinful in looking upon or showing His creation?

Of course, those are just my opinions. I realize that some people are more conservative than I am and right now I wouldn't really associate myself with any particular religion. But I honestly don't believe that nudism is a sin. I once did, but now that I've tried nudism myself I can see that it's not sin.

Melissa

Spontanudity
Forum Member

Posted - 12/08/2003 :  07:43:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Spontanudity's Homepage  Click to see Spontanudity's MSN Messenger address  Send Spontanudity a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
In the Islamic faith married women have to cover their entire bodies so that men won't be tempted to have indecent thoughts. I'm sure they would consider nudity in public a sin.

Cheers,
Spontanudity

"Forever Naked"
http://groups.msn.com/YoungSydneyNaturists

Garo847

Posted - 12/10/2003 :  8:44:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Indeed, the Muslims believe nudism is a sin. What we all have to remember that the Bible has been translated COUNTLESS times. Some of the translaters may have distorted the words to mean something else, intentionally or not. I know this might anger some people, but I believe the muslims are some of the people who have gotten these wrong interpretations. With people like Osama, it is hard to say that twisters of the word of Allah have not existed in the past.

If one is aroused, that is not a sin ethier since it is completely natural. I said that if society didn't label public nudity as indecent, young men wouldn't be compelled to act. What I ment by that was it wouldn't be anything diffrent. They might be aroused, but they would hoot and holler and get excited about ti because it'd just be another person walking down the street. It is when they force themselves on another without any consent does it become sin.

All together, I think God wants us to just enjoy life instead of questioning how we could please him. That is being afraid of God, while he shows us love. Whatever hardships we go through in life happen for a reason, a reason that does not include cruelty. Sins are guidelines - he will not smote somone if they commit a sin, because he loves them. He will show them what they have done wrong... in this life, or perhaps, in another. I have stopped believing in hell entirely about 4 years ago - there is no God, who is so cruel and unforgiving that we would put you in a furnace for all of eternity.

These are just my beliefs. They are MENT to be taken and thought of, not to be insultING or to be insultED.

Garo847

Posted - 12/10/2003 :  8:48:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
They might be aroused, but they would hoot and holler and get excited about ti because it'd just be another person walking down the street.

I ment...

They might be aroused, but they WOULDN'T hoot and holler and get excited about it because it'd just be another person walking down the street.

nudebynature
Forum Member

Posted - 02/10/2004 :  2:33:10 PM  Show Profile  Send nudebynature an AOL message  Send nudebynature an ICQ Message  Click to see nudebynature's MSN Messenger address  Send nudebynature a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Garo847

Indeed, the Muslims believe nudism is a sin. What we all have to remember that the Bible has been translated COUNTLESS times. Some of the translaters may have distorted the words to mean something else, intentionally or not. I know this might anger some people, but I believe the muslims are some of the people who have gotten these wrong interpretations. With people like Osama, it is hard to say that twisters of the word of Allah have not existed in the past.

If one is aroused, that is not a sin ethier since it is completely natural. I said that if society didn't label public nudity as indecent, young men wouldn't be compelled to act. What I ment by that was it wouldn't be anything diffrent. They might be aroused, but they would hoot and holler and get excited about ti because it'd just be another person walking down the street. It is when they force themselves on another without any consent does it become sin.

All together, I think God wants us to just enjoy life instead of questioning how we could please him. That is being afraid of God, while he shows us love. Whatever hardships we go through in life happen for a reason, a reason that does not include cruelty. Sins are guidelines - he will not smote somone if they commit a sin, because he loves them. He will show them what they have done wrong... in this life, or perhaps, in another. I have stopped believing in hell entirely about 4 years ago - there is no God, who is so cruel and unforgiving that we would put you in a furnace for all of eternity.

These are just my beliefs. They are MENT to be taken and thought of, not to be insultING or to be insultED.

God is righteous and good. Anything that separates us from God is considered to be a sin.

Nudism can be a sin and cannot be a sin depending how how you view it. If naturism keeps you from enjoying God's company then it is by definition a sin. If it helps you to enkoy His company it is not a sin.

As a Christian, I feel that my own nudism brings me closer to God. He made me the way I am. We were all born naked and God walked and talked with Adam in the Garden of Eden while he was naked, so there can be nothing shameful about it. This is not the same as sin though.

I don't necessarily agree with your assertion about Bible translations. Anytime you translate something you lose some of the meaning, but you don't lose the substance, unless you can't translate. Translations need to be updated all of the time because our language is always changing. It is not because previous translations are wrong that they fall out of fashion. There actually is quite a bit of agreement among all of the translations.

I like your assertion that God wants us to enjoy ourselves. How true! But if we are truly serving God, we also seek to please Him. When we are happy and serving Him, then He is happiest. Far too many people are too serious and never have any fun.

God made us in His image. He gave us emotions and in the Bible He reveals His emotions. He is an angry God, etc. God wants us to be happy. He wants us to enjoy life. He also wants us to love and serve Him.

If you can love and serve God and nudism does not get in the way (why should it?) then nudism is not a sin.

If you are so absorbed with it that you have no time for God then nudism is a sin.

There really isn't an absolute on this one and many other things in our lives. Many lifestyle choices (like drinking) could also be viewed in this way. If we wanted it simple then God wouldn't have given us brains to think.

Linux 100% Microsoft Free Computing

nudebynature
Forum Member

Posted - 02/10/2004 :  2:57:21 PM  Show Profile  Send nudebynature an AOL message  Send nudebynature an ICQ Message  Click to see nudebynature's MSN Messenger address  Send nudebynature a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by melissastarr

I tend to agree with many of your points, Garo. Nudity is definitely not sin. I've encountered a man who thinks that nudity increases temptation, especially when men see nude women. Before attending a nude event I had this same concern. But watching men playing volleyball nude or swimming nude was not a temptation for me- there was nothing sexual about it. But how does one convince those who've never tried nudism that nudity does not equal sex?

I think nudism is not a sin. But some of the actions of nudists- like anyone else- can be sin. How can anyone consider volleyball in the nude a sin? Yet I can see how someone would say that a young man stroking himself in front of others or purposely showing off an erection would be sin. Also, our minds can sin. For example, if we look at someone lustfully that would be sin. But to look at ssomeone nude is not sin. Personally, I was very curious as to what nude bodies looked like when I went to my first nude event. While at the event I discreetly looked around (not gawking, mind you) just to see the variety of bodies among my fellow women. Is there anything wrong with doing this? No. The body was created by God in His Image. What is there to be ashamed of? What is sinful in looking upon or showing His creation?

Of course, those are just my opinions. I realize that some people are more conservative than I am and right now I wouldn't really associate myself with any particular religion. But I honestly don't believe that nudism is a sin. I once did, but now that I've tried nudism myself I can see that it's not sin.

Melissa

Hi, Melissa
I think we have "met" on NetNude. I agree basically with your ideas on nudism and sin.

Nudism is only a sin if we make it one. The man who said that it would give him too much temptation was right to avoid nudism. The Bible tells us to pluck our eye out if it causes us to sin. I don't think that it is necessary to go that far. It means we are to give up things that we like if they cause us to sin.

People have different resistence to temptation. This man knew his level. He is better off without nudism.

You have accepted nudism and it does not lead you into sin. I think that most people can handle nudism without sinning.

Looking BTW is not as in. It is wanting to have that is the sin (coveting). I look at a beautiful garden and admire th flowers. If I want them for my own and pick them knowing that they belong to someone else, then I have sinned.

Looking at guys play volleyball nude is therefore not sinful by itself. Even having sexual thoughts may not be sinful by themselves. We are after all sexual beings. Taking things beyond the thinking of it leads us into sin.

People have different perspectives on sin. Most people live in absolutes or black and whites. I don't think that it is as easy as that.

Sin occurs in the heart and may not necessarily result in an act that is easily observable. What may lead one person into sin may not lead another.

Linux: 100% Microsoft Free Computing

sailordave
Forum Member

Posted - 02/10/2004 :  3:44:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was raised Catholic. Seem to remember a bible story (vaguely) in which a father got drunk and passed out nude. One of the sons saw him and laughed then laughingly told his siblings. The siblings went into the tent respectfully and draped him to cover him. The first son was punished for his actions. Some have equated this story as saying nudity is a sin. To me, this goes back to the ten commandments in honor thy father and mother. The first son's action was extremely disrespectful to his father. Some ministers have labeled many things as sins. I personally believe they do this to try to make their flock more and more dependent upon him and he can continue to receive their money out of their fears. And with Adam and Eve, they were in good with God when they were nude. Though I don't like Larry Flint, I think his line from his movie was perfect. Paraphrase, "you find a woman's body offensive, don't complain to me, complain to the manufactor". I hope someone can find the exact quote.

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 02/10/2004 :  8:56:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
My basic thoughts on this topic are that God made man, and woman nude. It was man's sin that made him ashamed of his nudity. I think nudity is perfectly normal, and Christians, Jews, Moselms, etc., can all enjoy nudity. Its how the individual relates to the nudity. If nudity causes that person to sin, then nudity is wrong for them. Nudity is a healthy lifestyle, its is just what people aim to get out of it.

Kim =^.^=

nudebynature
Forum Member

Posted - 02/10/2004 :  11:24:27 PM  Show Profile  Send nudebynature an AOL message  Send nudebynature an ICQ Message  Click to see nudebynature's MSN Messenger address  Send nudebynature a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sailordave

I was raised Catholic. Seem to remember a bible story (vaguely) in which a father got drunk and passed out nude. One of the sons saw him and laughed then laughingly told his siblings. The siblings went into the tent respectfully and draped him to cover him. The first son was punished for his actions. Some have equated this story as saying nudity is a sin. To me, this goes back to the ten commandments in honor thy father and mother. The first son's action was extremely disrespectful to his father. Some ministers have labeled many things as sins. I personally believe they do this to try to make their flock more and more dependent upon him and he can continue to receive their money out of their fears. And with Adam and Eve, they were in good with God when they were nude. Though I don't like Larry Flint, I think his line from his movie was perfect. Paraphrase, "you find a woman's body offensive, don't complain to me, complain to the manufactor". I hope someone can find the exact quote.

The story is of Noah and his son, Ham, in Gen 9:24. I like your interpretation. Ham showed disrespect to his father. It wasn't the nakedness that was wrong but the reaction to it.

I think that this supports a biblical view that nudism is acceptable. The Bible lays no blame on Noah for being nude.

Nudism is not for everybody just like alcohol is not for everybody. If you can't handle something don't do it. The fact that some can't handle something does not make it wrong for everybody.

Many people get off on ascribing their values to others. Somehow it makes them feel more legitimate. In their eyes, they don't have a problem. If they can justify it as wrong then they can avoid dealing with the problem.

nudebynature
Forum Member

Posted - 02/10/2004 :  11:34:31 PM  Show Profile  Send nudebynature an AOL message  Send nudebynature an ICQ Message  Click to see nudebynature's MSN Messenger address  Send nudebynature a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kimberly

My basic thoughts on this topic are that God made man, and woman nude. It was man's sin that made him ashamed of his nudity. I think nudity is perfectly normal, and Christians, Jews, Moselms, etc., can all enjoy nudity. Its how the individual relates to the nudity. If nudity causes that person to sin, then nudity is wrong for them. Nudity is a healthy lifestyle, its is just what people aim to get out of it.

Kim =^.^=

You have a great and positive attitude! God wants us to be happy. He gave us our bodies with all of the wonderful senses. He made the sun and the wind. He wants us to enjoy His creation.

Nudism brings us closer to God because it increases our awareness of His creation. Not only can we see and hear the beauty that surrounds us, but we can feel it.

Clothing separates us from appreciating God's creation. There are times when we need to wear clothing, but it dulls our senses. We walk through the woods carelessly trampling and snapping branches when we are clothed.

When we are naked, we watch where we step. We notice things. We gently bend the branches back. We look for prickly branches. We also are more aware of animals because we are most vulnerable when we are naked.

We cannot fully appreciate nature unless we are in our natural state.

toosunni
Forum Member

Posted - 02/11/2004 :  07:58:22 AM  Show Profile  Send toosunni an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Just a thought, if the President by executive order, made the whole country a clothes free zone, the Muslim terrorists would have nowhere to hide!

Page: of 4 Previous Topic: What is the relation between religion and nudism? Topic Next Topic: Southern California Buddhists Meeting  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.39 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved