Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 182 ]  [ Total: 182 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Conduct and Etiquette
 Etiquette and Grooming for the Nudist
 Question about "dancing" at resorts
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Do you sit naked on the furniture at home? Topic Next Topic: Employees - clothed or nude?
Page: of 2

snidely

Posted - 02/10/2009 :  11:21:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wasn't sure where to post this. I have been to natural CO areas like hot springs and beaches for decades. When we had a hot tub, all the guests would be nude. We now live a couple miles from Haulover and go at least once a month.
Except for Harbin Springs, and Wilbur Springs in Ca., we have never been to a resort setting. At Harbin you are normally nude only around the pool areas. At Harbin, nudity is accepted all over.
Neither has structured social activities.

Sunsport Gardens is less than 1.5 hours from us. Like other nudist resorts their web site (and comments here) say they have lots of social activities. Among those are live music and dancing.
I may be naive, but how does one handle dancing? Are the people at dances clothed? Even in "regular" dance venues it is not unusual for one or both parties to get aroused. If the dance partners are nude, I can't see how this wouldn't happen w. some frequency.
What is the real scoop and what is accepted and not accepted?

Remember, a lot of music is overtly suggestive.

...snidely

nude charles
Forum Member

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  8:11:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, we certainly don't get dressed because of a dance. Geez.

FlCpl4NewdFun
Forum Member

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  8:22:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been to a dance at Sunsport. Many if not most were wearing clothes. The way one member explained it to me was that was the only time they get to dress up.

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  8:37:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Most resort I visit it seem like the males would be nude except for maybe a hat but the women would be nude or wearing frilly garments to atract a little attention to themselves. to each there own, dances at clubs are usually more than PG rated anyways.

snidely

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  11:21:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are far from prudes. Since we never have been at such a structured setting, nude or otherwise, we just wanted to have an idea of what to expect and what is acceptable. From the descriptions above I guess we'd be safe in assuming it's somewhere between a hard "R" (pun intended) or a soft "X". IOW, there would be overt signs of arousal, but could assume no overt "x" rated activity.
Can we assume there is no unwanted "attention" by others?

...S

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  11:53:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Not a problem for me; my last dance partner was on the opposite side of the room doing her own dancing, without any synchronization with my movements. My being aroused had the odds of 200:1.

"'Tis our true policy to steer clear of permanent alliances with any portion of the foreign world."

I was at Harbin last November, for the first time. Quite a drive from Calistoga to Harbin. It is sure is on a steep hillside.

George Washington

Edited by - Warmskin on 02/11/2009 11:56:03 PM

VLM34
Forum Member

Posted - 02/12/2009 :  03:49:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by snidely

We are far from prudes. Since we never have been at such a structured setting, nude or otherwise, we just wanted to have an idea of what to expect and what is acceptable.

Club cultures vary widely. In particular, dances differ greatly from club to club.

quote:
From the descriptions above I guess we'd be safe in assuming it's somewhere between a hard "R" (pun intended) or a soft "X".

I know nothing about that particular club. In my rather extensive experience at other clubs, however, your assumption is probably way off base.

quote:
IOW, there would be overt signs of arousal ...

Visible arousal is rare, and usually quite brief. It's also no big deal. Accidents occasionally occur. So?

quote:
... but could assume no overt "x" rated activity.

If you mean sexual activity, that's also rare and almost always results in ejection.

quote:
Can we assume there is no unwanted "attention" by others?

A dance is a social affair. People hug their friends, talk to each other, dance with each other, and do all the stuff you'd see at a non-nudist dance. Since you'll be new, you should expect others to want to get to know you. If you don't want to dance with others, decline politely. If you don't want to talk to others, make that clear and you'll be left alone.

Dances are clothing-optional. If you're more comfortable in clothes, wear clothes. If you can't handle your own nudity, others' nudity, or the incidental body contact that goes with dancing, wear clothes.

But, be aware that most experienced nudists _can_ handle their own nudity, others' nudity, and a lot more body contact than is involved in standard ballroom dancing. If you're going to read things into that (or into see-through dresses, flirting, and general horsing around), things that almost certainly aren't there, my advice would be to stay away.

Leave your prejudices at home, ignore the prejudices of others, go with an open mind, and don't jump to conclusions. It may be quite different from what you're used to, which does NOT make it 'wrong.'

I wish you a wonderful time!

NudeAl
Forum Member

Posted - 02/12/2009 :  06:59:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Funny you should mention this. Way back about 20 years ago when I went to my first nude resort we had a resort owner, older gal, who specifically forbid nudity at the clubs dances. She must have had her reasons however I never knew exactly what they were. After she sold the club it was one of the first things that they changed. I think that most nude clubs that have dances are aware that the act of dancing can cause arousal and as long as you are not waving it around like you just don't care it is not an issue.

One thing I will mention here is that almost all clubs have some weird little rule that newcomers are not aware of. These things vary from place to place so one of my questions when taking a tour or taking to the regulars is okay what are some of the unusual rules here. Like another place I went to touted it's nude hiking trails however if you went up one certain trail you had to bring shorts because you were briefly visible to an adjacent property owner.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep. -- Robert Frost

n/a
deleted

Posted - 02/12/2009 :  09:27:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is a funny topic. I remember my first high school prom ... I was a junior and it was also the first dance of any kind I went to. I guess the guys didn't realize how obvious the "gun in their pocket" was to us, which was cause for a lot of giggling in the ladies room.

If we'd all been nude, what would we have had to joke about??? ... LOL

If you don't like my profile picture, then use whiteout on your monitor.

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 02/12/2009 :  12:36:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Warmskin are you sure she was with you, or did you just wish she was with you :)

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 02/12/2009 :  4:25:52 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sailawaybob

Warmskin are you sure she was with you, or did you just wish she was with you :)

You caught me, Bob, in a slight bit of hyperbole. Hahaha.

I was alluding to how much more separated dance partners are in many kinds of popular dances. The old ballroom dancing I have found to be very close, and I could see where the dancers being in the nude might bother some onlookers. However, so much of the newer dancing leaves a fair amount of physical separation. Come to think of it, dancing apart from each other gives each dance partner a visual aspect that is not possible with doing a waltz, or something similar. I.e., if my partner is doing her thing a few feet away from me, I can get a better picture of her. Okay, now, I lost myself in my words.

"'Tis our true policy to steer clear of permanent alliances with any portion of the foreign world."

George Washington

Calbob
Forum Member

Posted - 02/12/2009 :  7:15:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dances are clothing-optional.

[/quote]

That's a blanket statement which is not true for all clubs. I've known of some clubs that do not allow nude dancing, even when the club itself is nudity required, weather permitting. I think that it's a carryover from the old days when most dances were slow and close, and nudists had to go to great lengths to prove that it wasn't a sex orgy.
At my club, you see just about everything at the dances, full nudity (even in the middle of winter) sexy clothing, and ordinary street clothing.

Edited by - Calbob on 02/12/2009 7:25:03 PM

VLM34
Forum Member

Posted - 02/12/2009 :  8:10:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wasn't aware that any clubs are left that prohibit dancing nude. When Cypress Cove finally gave in, I thought that was the end of it.

However, I'm quite sure that no clubs require nudity at dances, even the so-called nudity-required clubs. That was what I was trying to tell the concerned gentleman. He and his lady are free to wear clothes.

Nudiststudent

Posted - 03/19/2010 :  4:51:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
just try not to get erect at you'll be fine ;)
if I were you, i would go for clothes

Nudesuncpl
Forum Member

Posted - 03/19/2010 :  6:48:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Believe it or not, it's not THAT much of a problem. True, erections have a lot to do with "stimulation" like something brushing against "it," but they are also a mental thing. If you're over say, 21 years old, you can usually control it. If not, and you start to get that "halfway" feeling -- the one that goes, "I know the damn thing is about to go up and I can't stop it!" -- you simply suggest it's time to leave the floor and sit down for a while. Ladies understand these things.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 03/19/2010 :  8:03:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Geez....

My wife and I go to Club Orient every summer. They have DJ and live music most nights and there is dancing.

Try and wear something other that a pareo and you'll sweat to death! Most everyone in the restaurant and dancing is nude and I have yet to see an erection.

If one did sprout...I'm sure the guy would just go slip on his pareo til it subsided.

We haven't gone to a dance at our club yet but I can only imagine it's the same and no different at any other club....unless...the atmosphere was sexually charged.

Be a gentlemen and keep it to yourself or between you and your partner!

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Do you sit naked on the furniture at home? Topic Next Topic: Employees - clothed or nude?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.32 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved