Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 457 ]  [ Total: 458 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Conduct and Etiquette
 Etiquette and Grooming for the Nudist
 Do you sit naked on the furniture at home?
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Newbie Topic Next Topic: Question about dancing at resorts
Page: of 5

StuffedTiger
Forum Member

Posted - 05/18/2007 :  10:46:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We've had plenty of mention of the use of towels at nudist venues, but what about in your own home. At home, do you sit and/or lie on a towel or do you sit naked on your furniture? Do you use more than one towel? Do you have a favorite towel? Do you use the same towels you use for the bath? For guests? How often do you wash your towels?

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 05/19/2007 :  1:47:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I always sit on a towel at home whether it's in my home office or the kitchen or livingroom.

I usually use a bathsheet size towel in the livingroom and kitchen. All towels get washed at least once a week or more often if I'm doing laundry or something gets on the towel...something I'm eating or drinking.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

thornapplebison
Forum Member

Posted - 05/19/2007 :  8:42:41 PM  Show Profile  Send thornapplebison a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I don't sit on towels at home. I wash my anus scrupulously. My wife is Thai, and from the old-school. They don't use toilet paper. They wash with soap and water. I do the same, and find it much cleaner. When I'm forced to use a public toilet and use the paper, I feel dirty until I get home and clean properly.

It just makes sense. If some of your poop touched your arm, would you just wipe it with a piece of paper and feel clean? No, you'd wash with soap and water.

StuffedTiger
Forum Member

Posted - 05/20/2007 :  02:22:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Medium sized towels seem to work best for kitchen and office chairs in my house; beach towels for sofa and easy chairs. They go in the wash with whites, other towels or bed linens at least once a week, as Cheri says. I use hot water over 130F to kill the dust mites.

I also agree with thornapplebison. The Sherpa guides do it on the way up Everest to prevent paper "flags" littering the landscape. The French use the bidet to do it in luxury. One 12oz bottle of warm water is all it takes. Why not?

EuroTim
Forum Member

Posted - 05/20/2007 :  05:30:44 AM  Show Profile  Click to see EuroTim's MSN Messenger address  Send EuroTim a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
As for being clean, here in Italy everyone has a bidet, the greatest invention since the indoor toilet! As for the use of towels at home: always. If I'm sitting on a 'non-washable' surface, i.e. sofa cushions, my computer chair, the kitchen chairs which are rattan, I put something washable down first. It's a good habit to get into for when you aren't at home, but at a naturist venue. First the towel then the touche!

ßeachcomber
Forum Member

Posted - 05/20/2007 :  05:49:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I usually have something between my bottom and the furniture I'm sitting on. Sometimes it's a towel, sometimes my dressing gown.

As for cleanliness - We don't have a Bidet, we just keep a pack of 'Wet Wipes' or 'Baby Wipes' next to the loo roll.

NTLnTAA
Forum Member

Posted - 05/21/2007 :  08:02:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Always a towel between us and the furinture in our house. We even bought towels the same color as the cushions.
As per Cheri, when it's laundary time, bath towels ans sitting towels get done.

As per Beachcomber, we have a pop-up dispenser of Cottonelle sitting on the back of the *loo*. That dispenser goes with us to our club or even if we go to the beach. If we are going to be out of the house for any length of time, we put a few in a zip lock sandwich bag. My wife will carry it in her purse. Feel cleaner because you are cleaner. Less worry about *deposits*.

windowphobe
Forum Member

Posted - 05/27/2007 :  8:54:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit windowphobe's Homepage  Send windowphobe an AOL message  Send windowphobe an ICQ Message  Send windowphobe a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I schlep along a towel, the way God, or J. C. Penney, intended. :)

Tuffers
Forum Member

Posted - 05/28/2007 :  05:46:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We always use a towel. It is the most hygenic way. Forget just making sure your backside is clean, on a hot day you will sweat. Just cover the soft furnishing with a towel and the problem is solved. It also cheaper than having to have the sofa professionally cleaned.

Cookie
Forum Member

Posted - 05/28/2007 :  08:11:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We always use towels. We have a good supply handy when we have a social event. Many of our nudist friends will bring their own towels for these parties etc.
It only makes sense.

Cookie

nudehndymn
Forum Member

Posted - 05/28/2007 :  08:34:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with Cookie. It,s eazer to wash a towel than to clean spots off a sofa cushion

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 05/28/2007 :  09:27:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I started using old sheets on some of the furiture years ago when I had cats. I still keep a sheet or towel on the recliner. These are a little worn for the shower/bath but, not quite ready for the rag bag.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

bk-yd-nude
Forum Member

Posted - 05/30/2007 :  11:00:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Always use a towel on chairs, sofa or any surface I'm putting my bare body parts on :) We have certain towels use for this purpose, not used by anyone other then my wife and I. Cleaned on wash day.

Also, years ago I first started traveling overseas and found how clean you are with the use of a bidet, I now have a bidet "seat" on my toilets at home which work and feel great. Quite humorous when guests use them for the first time, get everything from squeals to giggles. Most ask where I bought them and how much :) For travel, we also carry baby wipes for more sanitary cleaning.

bk-yd-nude

StuffedTiger
Forum Member

Posted - 06/19/2007 :  12:19:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK, maybe I cannot ask "Where did you buy them and how much?" but if you tell us the brand, we can search for that. Thx :-)

catbird
Forum Member

Posted - 07/27/2007 :  2:33:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK, you all sold me. I just now placed towels on the seats that I normally use. I live by myself; therefore I figured who cares as long as it's my house.

A couple potential problems are in mind. (1) what will my textiler friends think when they see the towels? (2) my dog likely will move the towels around. Oh come to think of it, my dog doesn't wipe and she gets on the furniture without leaving brown spots. My textiler friends could figure that the towels are there, because of my dog.

Naturally, Lester

flexus42
Forum Member

Posted - 07/31/2007 :  9:04:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit flexus42's Homepage  Send flexus42 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I just carry my towel with me like I would at a nudist venue. It's not that big a deal to me.

Rick

"Nakie is good. Nakie is free. Nakie is...NAKIE!"

Edited by - flexus42 on 08/05/2007 12:48:27 PM

Page: of 5 Previous Topic: Newbie Topic Next Topic: Question about dancing at resorts  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.37 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved