Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 122 ]  [ Total: 122 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Conduct and Etiquette
 Etiquette and Grooming for the Nudist
 Do you sit naked on the furniture at home?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Newbie Topic Next Topic: Question about dancing at resorts
Page: of 5

jim19452
Forum Member

Posted - 08/01/2007 :  5:01:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit jim19452's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Golly gee wheez, after reading these posts I realize what a slob I am. I never even thought about using a towel at home. I do clean my fanny with a wash cloth and soap and water and when I travel I take a few wash cloths. I've had dogs around much of my life and did not care if they climbed on furniture. One dog would often sleep on the sofa in the spare bedroom and in the morning would leap on the beds in the other rooms and bark until everyone got up, thus ensuring a timely breakfast.

Best Wishes, Jim

old hippie
Forum Member

Posted - 08/02/2007 :  12:35:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm sitting naked on a chair right now.

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

nudeinsc
Forum Member

Posted - 08/05/2007 :  11:55:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
we keep baby wipes in all our bathrooms..wish we had a bidet though..also yes,using towels on our living room furniture has become a habit as well..

turtlendragonfly
Forum Member

Posted - 08/10/2007 :  08:05:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
we use towels at home and wash them often

smoothNtanned
Forum Member

Posted - 08/11/2007 :  10:16:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Amost always sit on a towel in the home and on the outdoor patio and pool furniture. Only exception might be following a shower. Normal body oils and sunscreen, and maybe a little dust and dirt from yard work, are the main reasons. Colored towels are used, and washed frequently. Some tie in with the furniture and hence raise no questions if accidentally left in place with visitors.

An additional reason for using a towel on outdoor furniture, is that some love to leave an impression, or the temperature might not be exactly conducive to bottom comfort.

As for toilet cleanliness, it is a non-issue for us. Very important if one is a nudist. We have a bidet in the ensuite, in another bathroom I have a cleaning cloth and separate towel (not accessible by others), and there is always the quick shower, both indoors and outside by the pool/hot tub. Perhaps a little fastidious, but it not only feels good, there is comfort in knowing one is clean.

But we still use the towels.........

Edited by - smoothNtanned on 02/22/2008 2:53:23 PM

solarg8r
Forum Member

Posted - 09/21/2007 :  4:13:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit solarg8r's Homepage  Send solarg8r a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
We always use towels at home on the furniture. But whether at home or at a nudist venue, using a towel is just not for preventing me from staining something, it is also to protect me from the last person who may have been sitting there, NOT USING A TOWEL! But then, I don't like using public restrooms, either, for the very same reason. I know I may be clean, but is everyone else?

I approach this from the same vantage point as I do defensive driving, I am always more careful because other drivers may not be. Same in this situation - I am always more careful because other nudists may not be. I guess you could call this DEFENSIVE SITTING!

Follow the link & find me in the Photo Gallery - SolarG8r

Cookie
Forum Member

Posted - 09/21/2007 :  7:47:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We always use a towel at home on the furniture!

We also have plenty of towels for our nudist friends who might just drop by and say hi!!

It is like having a American Express Credit Card, Never leave home without it!!!!!

I know if we are out and decide to visit some of our nudist friends, we have couple of towels in the back seat of the car!

Boy Scout slogan, "Always Be Prepared"!!!!

Cookie

SmoothfmrMarine

Posted - 12/02/2007 :  5:30:26 PM  Show Profile  Send SmoothfmrMarine a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Like someone has already said, it is easier, to wash a towel or blanket than it is a sofa.

calmnude
Forum Member

Posted - 12/07/2007 :  11:34:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I always use a towel, life long habits hard to change, and like has been said, just makes sense.

newdist

Posted - 12/08/2007 :  07:02:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I usualy put something down to stop me sticking to a plastic or lether seat. I learned to protect myself after sitting on a textured garden seat and having the patern on my bum for the rest of the day.

traisjames
Forum Member

Posted - 02/22/2008 :  2:33:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit traisjames's Homepage  Click to see traisjames's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
When inside, I have a little towl that is just big enough for my chair...unforchently I only have one.
Of course, I go outside to our grass field, I leave the towel inside.

From the guy with his eye on the sky

Phydeau
Forum Member

Posted - 02/23/2008 :  3:38:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Phydeau's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have two towels. One on my couch, and one on the chair at my computer. If I sit anywhere else, I'll grab one of them. I'm a really clean person, so I don't have a ritual time to wash them. I'll just toss them in with my bath towels.

Oh, and they even match the color scheme of the apartment. :)

emwavehunter
$ Supporter

Posted - 08/22/2008 :  1:58:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I always use towels at home for the same reason I would in "public". I take it with me when I move around.

A favorite towel? Not really. I just prefer one that's soft and thick, to be most comfortable.

I change towels daily when I shower and they may sit in a clothes bin until laundry day, which is usually 2-3 days or less.

I don't use the same towel as that for my shower. I keep them separate, lest I accidentally mix them up...ewwww!

Ranger191
Forum Member

Posted - 08/22/2008 :  7:40:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ranger191's Homepage  Send Ranger191 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
We use towels here, it just seemed easier on the furniture long term. They (the infamous 'they') say that you lose 1/3 of your skin in the shower, 1/3 in the bed, 1/3 on your clothes. So if you don't wear clothes at home, skin that flakes off is just going to pile up on the furniture.

Don't believe me? Many, many moons ago, I used to sell vacuum cleaners for a company that shall remain nameless...It's pretty darn impressive the amount of dead skin you pick up from vacuuming someone's bed. (it was a demonstration on the sheer, dirt sucking POWER of this amazing piece of technology).

Nobility is not a birthright, it is defined by one's actions.

Mr Bidet

Posted - 03/03/2009 :  5:02:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mr Bidet's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have been using a bidet toilet seat for a year and a half and I just love them. You can walk around feeling confident that you’re clean.

This is a great website for bidet information http://www.bidet-toilet-seat.com

Page: of 5 Previous Topic: Newbie Topic Next Topic: Question about dancing at resorts  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.23 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved