Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 142 ]  [ Total: 142 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Resorts - Naturist Resorts, Nudism Places
 Nudist Resorts That Support Your Special Interest
 Clothing optional campgrounds or nude camping
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Eco-Friendly destinations Topic Next Topic: Where is there naked yoga in MD?
Page: of 4

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 01/26/2009 :  11:49:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Do you know of any campgrounds that allow nude campers or are nude friendly in some way?

We're assembling here a great list of clothing optional campgrounds that allow nude camping.

Add your information here by logging in and clicking Reply To Topic.

tigerlady45
Forum Member

Posted - 01/27/2009 :  10:20:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Turtle Lake Resort in MI is a clothing optional campground. There are full hook up sites to rustic sites. There is 168 acres of enjoyment. TLR has a nice size lagoon with beach for those hot summer days as well as an outdoor conversation pool. During the summer months there are plenty of outdoor activities to keep one busy. Horseshoes, Valleyball, Shuffleboard, Putt-Putt, Tennis as well as a nine hole par 3 golf course.

RobRoy
Forum Member

Posted - 01/28/2009 :  07:45:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Avalon in Paw Paw, West Virginia has a C/O campground as well. There are sites with full hook-ups, as well as primitive tent camping sites. There are two heated bathhouses, with indoor and outdoor showers. Their website is www.avalon-resort.com

badboy368

Posted - 01/28/2009 :  08:32:03 AM  Show Profile  Send badboy368 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
we will be traveling in our motorhome this summer and would like to stop at different nudist campgrounds in our travels. i thought there may be a list or directory that i could get for when we travel

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 01/28/2009 :  1:15:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know if anyone would be interested but there is two books published called free campground east - west it has US forest parks which are primitive campgound in the woods and are usually free or less than $10. when i've visited some of these they are usually deserted or just a few campers which leads me to believe(haven't yet experienced) you could probably be nude or find areas near the campsite to hike to and be nude.

Teva
Forum Member

Posted - 01/28/2009 :  1:55:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sailawaybob

I don't know if anyone would be interested but there is two books published called free campground east - west it has US forest parks which are primitive campgound in the woods and are usually free or less than $10. when i've visited some of these they are usually deserted or just a few campers which leads me to believe(haven't yet experienced) you could probably be nude or find areas near the campsite to hike to and be nude.

Be careful in National forests - if found by a ranger, you can be ticketed or arrested. It depends on his/her mood.
Teva

badboy368

Posted - 01/28/2009 :  3:27:58 PM  Show Profile  Send badboy368 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
probably not a good idea to be naked in a state park....even though it would be nice

Frank2233
Forum Member

Posted - 01/28/2009 :  9:37:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cherokee resort in TN, Great place I think they are going through a name change this year with the former owners

badboy368

Posted - 01/29/2009 :  10:27:12 AM  Show Profile  Send badboy368 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
where is cherokee? town, web ?

old hippie
Forum Member

Posted - 02/02/2009 :  12:32:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by badboy368

probably not a good idea to be naked in a state park....even though it would be nice

More accurately, '...not a good idea to be CAUGHT naked in a state park".
I have been naked in state or national parks on more than one occasion. One simply must exercise reasonable discretion. Skinny-dipping in a lake that is five miles from the nearest paved road is a safe bet; strolling naked around your tent in the primary campground, fifty feet from the ranger office is less intelligent.
If you are going out on a trail, and filing a plan with the park ranger, you might size up the ranger for enforcement likelihood, and plan accordingly. I have been backpacking in several parks where (once one is a mile or so from the snack bar) it is easy to spend days without seeing another person. Wear whatever you like.

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 02/02/2009 :  11:06:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Frank and Badboy,
Cherokee is closed now and may or may not open back up as a nudist resort. There was a problem between the new owners and the old guy that did own it, so the future of Cherokee is up in the air. I have heard rumors that they did request membership with AANR, but we can only hope for the best.

Diger

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 02/03/2009 :  01:23:46 AM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
One might speculate on how much Forest Rangers go skinny dipping. Fortunately, at least in California, rangers are not as prominent as they used to be. I ran into one ranger who asked me if I knew of any campers using a particular discontinued campground. After the ranger and I finished our confabulation, she took off to check on more campgrounds.

What I seemed to get from this encounter was that this ranger didn't have time to tour everywhere in her area. The campgrounds, but themselves, kept her quite busy. So, if you were camping in a more remote spot on an area that was not an official campground, or simply skinny dipping in a river or creek that was not on the beaten path, your odds of being found out would be far less than if you were near a public place, such as a campground, back road, etc.

As always, be careful, and attentive to what might be going on around you.

Conquest is not in our principles. It is inconsistent with our government.
Thomas Jefferson

old hippie
Forum Member

Posted - 02/03/2009 :  08:20:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Warmskin

One might speculate on how much Forest Rangers go skinny dipping.

At this date, I can only speculate, but some years back, when I was in Yosemite, one of the rangers would always include a skinny-dipping segment in the nature walks. It was as much a part of the presentation as the admonition to pee far away from the stream, not in it. A good many of those on the nature walks were city kids, who had never experienced a day of recreation in an outdoor setting away from pavement. So an hour walk along 2-3 miles of wooded trail, a view of Vernal Falls, a few lessons on woodland ecosystems, and a dip in the stream were all part of the education. There were often a few of us regulars along to "chum the waters" as it were, by joining the ranger in stripping & jumping in; the example was almost irresistable - most of the hikers were soon swimmers.
I have not identified the ranger, in case the new NPS administration is less enlightened than it used to be, but I have always considered that individual to be a paragon of natural education. Rangers, like many educators, often have more assignments than can be handled. Just another quiet person doing a necessary task without recognition, making the world go round...

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

elad
Forum Member

Posted - 02/03/2009 :  08:24:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
California does have the Cahill Policy in State Parks http://www.bayareanaturists.org/cahill.html

We don't receive wisdom; we must discover it for ourselves after a journey that no one can take for us or spare us.
Marcel Proust (1871 - 1922)

badboy368

Posted - 02/03/2009 :  09:36:03 AM  Show Profile  Send badboy368 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i guess we got off track a little. i am interested in regular nudist campgrounds... not state parks. a book, guide, or list of nudist campgrounds in the u.s. for us to visit when we travel.

Teva
Forum Member

Posted - 02/03/2009 :  10:53:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Diger

Frank and Badboy,
Cherokee is closed now and may or may not open back up as a nudist resort. There was a problem between the new owners and the old guy that did own it, so the future of Cherokee is up in the air. I have heard rumors that they did request membership with AANR, but we can only hope for the best.

Diger

Cherokee has applied for provisional status once more with AANR. We shall see.
Teva

Page: of 4 Previous Topic: Eco-Friendly destinations Topic Next Topic: Where is there naked yoga in MD?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.34 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved