Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 213 ]  [ Total: 213 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Hello friends... New member? Introduce yourself!
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: 4th July weekend Topic Next Topic: Memorial weekend 2023
Page: of 93

Tender86
Forum Member

Posted - 07/03/2005 :  8:58:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, hello fellow nudists;
I am new here and I already feel that I am amoung friends.

Today is a beautiful day in northern Saskatchewan Canada. I spent a couple hours nude walking along a beach. There was no others there to worry about so I culd relax and enjoy the sun and breeze covering my entire body.

It amazes me that everyone doesn't jump into nudism as it is so natural and great. They don't know what they are missing.

Walter

No Tan Lines

Mikec79

Posted - 07/06/2005 :  9:00:52 PM  Show Profile  Send Mikec79 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hi, I'm new. I've just started to get into this socially and am going to be attempting my first Nude Beach visit to Gunnison @ Sandy Hook, NJ. My wife and I will be going as soon as her bandages from gallbladder surgery go away! :) Wish us luck.

Oh, I'm 26 and she is 24.

nakedlady

Posted - 07/16/2005 :  9:54:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi-
My husband and I are in the Atlanta area and have been nudists for about 2 years. We are currently visiting as many parks in the the Southeast area as we can before summer ends. Unfortunately, work seems to get in our way so our quest will have to move into next summer. I hope people will pass on their resort reviews!

curious1
Forum Member

Posted - 07/16/2005 :  11:54:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nakedlady

Hi-
My husband and I are in the Atlanta area and have been nudists for about 2 years. We are currently visiting as many parks in the the Southeast area as we can before summer ends. Unfortunately, work seems to get in our way so our quest will have to move into next summer. I hope people will pass on their resort reviews!

Nakedlady, I am also in the Atlanta area, and am looking to be able to get a feel for being a nudist. Any suggestions on where to go for a "try before you buy" experience?

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 07/17/2005 :  08:29:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by curious1

quote:

Hi-

Nakedlady, I am also in the Atlanta area, and am looking to be able to get a feel for being a nudist. Any suggestions on where to go for a "try before you buy" experience?

I've been to the 3 in your area and am also acquainted with the nonlanded club there. Since you are close, why not try them all yourself before taking out a membership? Bell Acres is more laid back than the others. I love Serendipity, but the smokers are numerous. At Paradise Valley (formerly Hidden Valley)you are not supposed to take your own food into the public areas.
Regards, Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

curious1
Forum Member

Posted - 07/17/2005 :  10:28:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cheri

quote:

quote:

Hi-

I've been to the 3 in your area and am also acquainted with the nonlanded club there. Since you are close, why not try them all yourself before taking out a membership? Bell Acres is more laid back than the others. I love Serendipity, but the smokers are numerous. At Paradise Valley (formerly Hidden Valley)you are not supposed to take your own food into the public areas.
Regards, Cheri

-
-

I did write the non-landed one, and they say members only, no guests unless with a member. I will check again with the resorts instead, but I may have to wait if the rates aren't affordable.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 07/17/2005 :  11:36:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I did write the non-landed one, and they say members only, no guests unless with a member. I will check again with the resorts instead, but I may have to wait if the rates aren't affordable.

Nonlanded clubs meet at members' homes with facilities, you should have asked about membership rather that visiting. The daily rates for the GA parks are under $30 a day. How much is a concert ticket or a sports game? Carolina Foothills just north of Spartanburg is @ $24/day as is Cedar Creek just west of Columbia, SC, I believe. Whispering Pines on the NC side of Myrtle Beach is $10/day
Cheri

-
-

Edited by - Cheri on 07/17/2005 11:47:56 AM

nakedlady

Posted - 07/17/2005 :  11:56:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Hi-

nakedlady

Posted - 07/17/2005 :  12:28:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Curious1-
Paradise Valley in Dawsonville is nice, pricey for the day since you must eat and drink from their cafe. Paradise Valley is starting to become more swinger oriented and for me, this is ruining it. I am not a prude but I wish they would not go in this direction. Bell Acres in Maysville is rustic, the people are nice but the rain has made the park muddy and washed out the roads. Once they are able to resolve this, it will be better. The Carolina foothills in SC, is nice, the people are great and really make you feel welcome, it is a co-op so the members have a real interest in making people welcome. Some parks tend to be 'clickish'- We have not been to Serendipity or Gymno-Vita in AL. In Florida, we really like Cypress Cove and - - but - - is in a class by itself and we prefer Cypress Cove, Foothills type clubs simply from a longterm affordability point of view. In my opinion, you should pick a time where you can spend at least 2 full days completetly nude to see if you like it. You should check out Nudestock in SC at the end of September, that would provide you a good overview of longterm nudity and meeting other nudists. Plus, it will be
such a good time!!

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 07/17/2005 :  9:56:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hi Curious1-
(snip) The Carolina foothills in SC, is nice, the people are great and really make you feel welcome, it is a co-op so the members have a real interest in making people welcome. Some parks tend to be 'clickish'- We have not been to Serendipity or Gymno-Vita in AL. In Florida, we really like Cypress Cove and - - but - - is in a class by itself and we prefer Cypress Cove, Foothills type clubs simply from a longterm affordability point of view. In my opinion, you should pick a time where you can spend at least 2 full days completetly nude to see if you like it. You should check out Nudestock in SC at the end of September, that would provide you a good overview of longterm nudity and meeting other nudists. Plus, it will be
such a good time!!

I very much enjoy Cedar Creek. However, when Nudestock is held, it's not at all like a typical park. It is much better IMHO during normal days. It's way too crowded but can be fun.

Carolina Foothills is NOT a coop. I've been going there since they began. Members can buy into the corporation, but not necessarily unlike Glen Eden in Ontario, CA or Willamettans in OR or Como in FL.

Regards, Cheri

-
-

nakedlady

Posted - 07/17/2005 :  11:20:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Cheri-
Still only a few years into this... what is IMHO?- The members at the foothills said they were a co-op and just purchased 50 more acres. As far as Nudestock goes, the local parks have been DEAD due to all of the rain this season. We were 2 of 4 guests on Saturday at Bell Acres and that is without rain. If I were a first time nudist, I would rather more people than less which is what is going on in the Atlanta area right now.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 07/18/2005 :  12:31:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In my humble opinion!

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 07/18/2005 :  08:37:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hi Cheri-
Still only a few years into this... what is IMHO?- The members at the foothills said they were a co-op and just purchased 50 more acres. As far as Nudestock goes, the local parks have been DEAD due to all of the rain this season. We were 2 of 4 guests on Saturday at Bell Acres and that is without rain. If I were a first time nudist, I would rather more people than less which is what is going on in the Atlanta area right now.

As FireProf said, IMHO = in my humble opinion. Thanks, FP.

You might want to speak with an OFFICER or the OFFICE of CFR to find out its status rather than just a member. Trust me on this.

I've been to Serendipity, Bell Acres, Cedar Creek and Carolina Foothills a number of times and NEVER saw that few. Cedar Creek wasn't dead at all a couple of weekends ago when I was last there. A month ago, Carolina Foothills was CROWDED. I don't like walking out of my tent and into another's; in other words, during Nudestock at the Creek, it's been known to be cheek-to-cheek during that event.
Cheri

-
-

Edited by - Cheri on 07/18/2005 08:40:19 AM

nakedlady

Posted - 07/18/2005 :  6:30:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Cheri-
I spoke with people who lived there and were on the board of CFH/ 2 founding members. We were there last month and it was a little busy, however,July has been so rainy. Bell Acres had around 15 people on Saturday and 4 of us were guests. If the rain keeps up, it will probably continue to be like that. Anyway, thanks for your opinions, Since you are a very active nudist, I will for sure be asking your advice/opinions on resorts. As to Curious1 who wanted to know a good place to try out as a first timer, for myself, it was easier with alot of people around instead of just a few- which is how it has been this past month. Just easier for me but perhaps not everyone feels like that.

redbonemm

Posted - 07/24/2005 :  1:23:42 PM  Show Profile  Send redbonemm an AOL message  Reply with Quote
hi
We are mike and mary we just started going to gunnison beach we loved it had a great day, we will have pics up soon. Found everyone there quite friendly. We live in NJ in the Phila area.

michael page

Page: of 93 Previous Topic: 4th July weekend Topic Next Topic: Memorial weekend 2023  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 2.8 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved