Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 430 ]  [ Total: 430 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Resorts - Naturist Resorts, Nudism Places
 Conservative / Family Nudist Resort - Trip Reports
 Cypress Cove Nudist Resort
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Members Favorite Resorts Topic Next Topic: Sunny Haven Family Nudist Park, Granger, IN
Page: of 8

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 07/03/2008 :  5:39:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lynn, A few of my club members have visited, and yes, they are true singles who are there. The last time I've heard anything was 3 years ago. People were in their 30s, 40s, & 50s.

Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
http://pages.prodigy/cheridonna

NCLynn
Forum Member

Posted - 07/03/2008 :  6:39:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Cheri. I am considering giving it a try. Lynn

old hippie
Forum Member

Posted - 07/07/2008 :  3:44:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cenfldh

As with virtually any and all Florida bodies of freshwater, yes there are alligators in the lake. I've canoed Brown Lake, so I know. There is a roped off swimming beach. I have never swum myself, but I imagine the gators pretty much leave that area alone. I'll probably try it sometime. People and gators co-exist pretty well in Florida, with a few notable exceptions.

One further note: are there sharks in the ocean when you go swimming at the beach? That doesn't mean some caution isn't in order.

i have often flown my airplane over the breakers at the New Jersey shore; anyone who thinks there are never large fish (i.e. sharks) in the neighborhood would change their mind after a ride or two. Often as not, there is a shark or two within, oh, 100 - 200 yards of some swimmers. But as noted above, they prefer the easier prey: one-pound fish is easier to grab than hundred-pound human - - - most of the time.

Live and let live works pretty well for critters of about the same size. So don't fret the 'gators unless you are very aggressive (read: stupid) or they are very hungry.

the Old Hippie

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

NudeAlan

Posted - 07/25/2008 :  3:38:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am going to be in Orlando on Business the week of September 22 and am thinking of spending a couple of days at the end of the week (Wed-Fri) at Cypress Cove. How busy is the resort in September during the week? I expect the weekends are busier. Also, while I am married, my wife will not be able to join me (she cannot get off work to join me). Is Cypress tolerant of single men at the resort? I am an AANR member and have been to severl nude beaches with my wife and once visited a clothing option resort in the Carribean.

cenfldh
Forum Member

Posted - 07/26/2008 :  08:07:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
NudeAlan,

Generally speaking, Florida is at one of it's least busy times in September. It's actually a great time to vacation in Florida, assuming there are no hurricanes. September is peak hurricane season. It's certainly still summer weather here and the crowds are gone. Cypress Cove shouldn't be crowded at all, especially mid-week (as you assumed).

My wife and I have different work schedules, so my first visit to Cypress Cove was as a solo married male. They do have a policy that solo or single males visiting for the first time demonstrate some sort of previous social nudist experience (beaches alone don't count). If you can do that, there are no hassles. You often see single or solo men or women at the cove. With your AANR membership card, you should have no problems. But I recommend an advance call just to be sure.

DO check out Cypress Cove. It's a wonderful place. My wife and I are associate members.

Hope you have a great trip!

go n nude
Forum Member

Posted - 07/26/2008 :  09:00:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree Cypress Cove is a fine nudist resort, we visited numerous times, and there wasn't anything we didn't like about it. Its true the gators like it too, we've swam in the lake and seen infant gators sunbathing, knowing the adults werenot far off and the Laws protecting them, its best to avoid and respect their habitat,feeding them is only asking for trouble.They are lucky to be members of this great resort and trespassers could be eaten.

go n nude

Connie and John
Forum Member

Posted - 08/26/2008 :  7:05:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is my two cents regarding Cypress Cove.
Cypress Cove is a very nice nudist resort. We have been there many times, mostly on the weekends. We always stay at the hotel and get the one room but have stayed in the apartment which as two rooms. The rooms are clean and efficient but nothing to write home about. The "apartments" which have a two rooms are much nicer and have a much larger bathroom. Very important when you have two small children with you.

Most importantly, the two pools they have are very nice. The older and small pool is quieter while the larger and newer pool is more the focus of the resort. It is a free form pool with many sitting benches in the pool. So there is a lot of people who will use these benches to mingle. What is nice is that they have a restaurant and bar between the pools for your enjoyment but if you bring food or drinks they do not mind that either.

We are one of the families that go there semi regularly. We have two small children and they just love going there. We can always count on 1 or 2 other families being there for the kids to play with. The playground they have is very nice for the under 5 crowd. Also what is nice it is covered so the little ones are out of the sun.

Overall the general population tends to be the 50 -60 crowd, but there are many 30-40 yr olds there as well. If you are looking for a first time experience, I would strongly suggest going here.

For those who may be there this coming weekend, we might just see you there.

Good luck

John

Cookie
Forum Member

Posted - 08/26/2008 :  8:22:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mrs. Cookie and I spend a week there every fall, and we are looking forward to be there in
late September.

Yes, the pools and the spa are fantastic, we especially enjoy going to "Cheeks" for NFL Sunday, and also "Monday Night Football"! Always a great time.

We generally get a room not far from the pool, so we can go back and relax during the day.

During our stay when we put on on our "duds" and venture out, we will go up to Orlando, and visit "Charlie's Steak House". It is rated #4
in the country!!!!

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!

Go for it.!!!!!!

Remember we are here just for a short time, so let's have a good time!!!!

Cookie

rocketman

Posted - 08/28/2008 :  7:11:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cypress Cove is very much a family resort, but with the very best facilities and attitude. Great accommodations, good restaurants, and lots to do in the greater Orlando area.

pilot
Forum Member

Posted - 09/03/2008 :  10:17:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We will likely be in the Orlando area for a meeting in the 3rd or 4th week in January. Can someone share what the weather is likely to be like at Cypress Cove at that time of year? Warm enough to be nude?

Thanks.

jim19452
Forum Member

Posted - 09/04/2008 :  07:59:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit jim19452's Homepage  Reply with Quote
pilot, Did a google search on 'january temperatures orlando.' Normal high 71, normal low 49. So it should be pleasant late morning to late afternoon.

Best Wishes, Jim

cenfldh
Forum Member

Posted - 09/04/2008 :  08:48:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pilot,

Having resided in central Florida for 22 years, I can tell you that winter weather in Florida is generally pretty wonderful. As a transplant from colder climes, I still marvel during winter months. Of course, we Floridians run for parkas at anything less than 70.

Winter averages indeed are highs in the low 70s and lows in the low to mid 50s. That is our dry season so the probably of rain is pretty low, and the Florida humidity is way down. January can be pretty unpredictable. We have lots of very lovely warm, sunny weather. It's not at all unusual to be in the mid-70s, upper 70s or even 80 during the day. But then there is the occasional cold spell that brings the averages way down. Normally from 1-5 times per winter central Florida has nights down near freezing; it can but doesn't normally go below freezing very often. During a spell like this, usually about 2-3 days, if it's sunny the high during the day can be in the mid-60s. If it's cloudy, the high can be in the low-mid 50s. We locals freeze on those arctic days. After these 2-3 day spells, the warmer weather generally rebounds. Our coldest and most prolonged cool spells come when a series of powerful cold fronts come across and down the country in close succession. With last year's severe winter up north, in central Florida we had a very nice and warm winter overall.

Of course, I can't guarantee or predict January weather. It's generally glorious, punctuated with spells that are much cooler but usually brief. It depeends on the timing of your visit. We ourselves have been to Cypress Cove numerous times in January and had wonderful days. It's also a great time to go the the beach if you don't go in the water. We natives wouldn't dream of entering the ocean in January! Only loco northerners do that.

miaminudist09

Posted - 09/22/2009 :  8:08:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have stoped by and taken the tour of cypress cove but I have not stayed there yet. However, I have stayed at other nudist resorts in Florida.

tanelk

Posted - 10/17/2009 :  08:39:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just returned from Cypress Cove and it was a very enjoyable and relaxing stay. It was Bare Buns Biker weekend and the parade on the grounds was differant. It was my 1st visit and I will be going back before I relocate to AZ.
Ages comes the population range but everyone appeared to be enjoying themselve's.

nuderebel
Forum Member

Posted - 11/15/2009 :  7:49:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife and I spent the day at Cypress Cove on Saturday, 11/14/2009. We had heard a lot about the resort, and had an extra day in our vacation plans. We printed the coupon on their website for a free first time visit. We were treated VERY nicely by all staff and fellow guests. We had a wonderfull time that day, and hated to leave to come home. I'm sure we will visit again, when we are in the area............

Edited by - nuderebel on 11/15/2009 7:50:31 PM

Page: of 8 Previous Topic: Members Favorite Resorts Topic Next Topic: Sunny Haven Family Nudist Park, Granger, IN  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.17 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved