Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 404 ]  [ Total: 404 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Resorts - Naturist Resorts, Nudism Places
 Conservative / Family Nudist Resort - Trip Reports
 Members Favorite Resorts
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Heading to Cypress Cove Topic Next Topic: Cypress Cove Nudist Resort
Page: of 7

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 09/20/2002 :  2:01:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
List your favorite resorts here by clicking Reply To Topic.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 09/20/2002 :  2:32:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've many favorites after visiting more than 50 clubs, parks, resorts, and beaches in my 34+ yrs. of being a nudist.
US Landed club preferences:
SC: Carolina Foothills, Cedar Creek
NC: Whispering Pines, Coventry-South, Pamlico Pines
OK: Willow Beach Club, Oaklake Trails
TX: Star Ranch, BBs Hideaway, Riverside, Sandpipers, Vista Grande, Natural Horisun
OR: Willamettans
CA: Laguna del Sol, Terra Cotta Inn, DeAnza, Lupin, Olive Dell, Sequoians, ... plus a whole lot more
MA: Sandy Terrace, Berkshire Vista, Sherwood Forest
NY: Empire Haven, Buckridge
AL: GymnoVita
AZ: Jardin del Sol
FL: Cypress Cove is favorite in this state. I also like Hidden River
and Sunnier Palms & Sunsport Gardens.
GA: Serendipity, Bell Acres
IN: Drakes Ridge, Sunny Haven
IL: Blue Lake
MI: Whispering Oaks
NV: Sun Rancho
OH: Green Valley. {aradose Gardems
PA: Beechwood Lodge
TN: Rock Haven Lodge, Cherokee, Utopia

I have visited others that were not my particular favorites but were nice or okay

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Edited by - Cheri on 09/20/2002 2:33:39 PM

Edited by - Cheri on 09/29/2003 4:07:49 PM

Beach
Forum Member

Posted - 09/20/2002 :  4:09:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I found this website for a brazilian resort, looks really nice
http://www.braznet.com.br/~pinho/paraiso1.htm

This is a wonderful site to check out..... Way up in Canada but of some interest!!!
http://www.cybernude.com/parks/pnr/

Edited by - Beach on 09/21/2002 09:19:22 AM

Beach
Forum Member

Posted - 09/20/2002 :  5:23:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Heres a wonderful one I found on St Barts.
http://www.stbartsvilla.com/index.html

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 09/20/2002 :  5:51:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The purpose of this topic is to post your favorite resorts, not just list them

-
-

Susan
Forum Member

Posted - 09/21/2002 :  10:04:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Susan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Déjà Vu in Key West

Has anyone visited this place? I looked at the website but Id love to hear from someone who has been there for a review. Perhaps there cold be a new listing for a review of various resorts? Like a thumbs up or thumbs down?

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 09/21/2002 :  10:06:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good idea, Susan! This is the new topic you asked for: "Members Favorite Resorts". Hope you find the answer to your question!
Admin

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 09/21/2002 :  10:26:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is a report a friend of mine sent.

There are basically three sites of naturist interest on the island: the Deja Vu "resort", the Atlantic Shores Motel, and the rooftop "Garden of Eden". I didn't stop into the Deja Vu this trip, but put the "resort" in quotes because it's basically just a motel that happens to be clothing optional. I've walked through it once, but never stayed there. It received mixed reviews, most likely because of differing sets of expectations. I spent a few hours during the morning at Atlantic Shores (www.atlanticshoresresort.com), near the foot of Duval. Their web page implies to me that the extent of the clothing-optional area has changed from the last time I was there, but that wasn't the case. Atlantic Shores used
to describe itself as "the premier gay motel" in Key West, though it's
trying (I'd say unsuccessfully) to market to a wider audience. It is most definitely *not* a naturist hotel, since only the pool deck and pier (not even the restaurant and bar that connect them) is clothing-optional. I would recommend this place *only* to people who are quite comfortable nude, especially in the case of women.
One day the place was *jammed*, with chairs taking up nearly every available square foot of space in the sun: it was really hard to move around. It's not quite as bad on less busy days, but there is usually a crowd there and less "experienced" nudists will probably be bothered by the lack of space between people.
The crowd is mostly (I'd say 80% at least) male (the vast majority of whom are likely gay, for those who care). I'd guess about 40% of the men there are nude. About half the women were topfree, but I only noticed perhaps a half dozen nude women of the perhaps 300 people there. I tried to go into the pool but it was very cold to me (about 72 according to the thermometer in my watch. What also bothered me was the continuous loud music (enough that it was hard to concentrate on the book I was reading), interrupted by announcements of contests, future events, and people's lunch being ready for pickup. This is not a good place for quiet sunning!
My surprise was when I went to check out the "Garden of Eden". This is a rooftop sundeck on top of the Bull and Whistle bars (two separate bars) at 224 Duval, near the north end of the street. It's listed as clothing-optional, but I had no idea what to expect. Interestingly, nothing on the way up there says it's clothing-optional, so I was figuring it didn't get much nude use. I was wrong!
This is a nice setup. I'd guess there were maybe 50 lounge chairs, a small bar, a shower and nothing else. The bartender set the tone by being topfree. The demographics varied through the three hours I was there, but much of the time I'd say it was about 60% men, with perhaps 70% of the men nude. All of the women were at least topfree and about 40% were nude. It looked like a lot of the people who were there knew each other, so I think this is a local hangout in addition to being a tourist place. Getting back to the site, this is not exactly a place I'd recommend for first-timers (despite those events), but people don't need to feel nearly as comfortable nude as they need to be for Atlantic Shores. I'd certainly recommend any naturist in or near Key West go check it out.

-
-

nudebama

Posted - 09/21/2002 :  11:01:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
I have been to dejavu on many occasions. when i do my two weeks navy at in kw I stay at dejavu. I am a 36 year old single str8 male nudist.
Everyone is completely nude,you may see gay men,gay women,bisexual men and women,and even a transexual or two,plus a lot of swingers and lifestylers,there is a c/o bar in kw called the garden of eden. it is an upsatirs outdoors bar were you can lounge around nude and listen to music dance and drink nude.I will be in sunny isles beach,fl from oct4-7 and will be at haulover beach and then going down to kw.
jeff-jdmonroe99@hotmail.com

i am looking for a single female to hangout with and play some volletball and go swimming with. i will be in sunny isles beach,fl from oct4-7 and staying at the days inn at 15811 collins ave

nudebama

Posted - 09/21/2002 :  11:10:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
I mostly stay at The Garden of Eden allday when I am there. I enjoy classic rock and the nude folks are more mature. It tends to be a more str8 crowd. I am always nude and not ashamed of my body. I am 6'1'' 195 I am medium build,but I do have some hair on my back. alot of men are ashamed of it,but not me. Most mature adult women I meet are not bothered by it. I am not bothered by women who have hairy underarms,pubic area or legs as in europe. It is quite natural. Alot of men are also afraid of being nude becusae of there private size but that too does not bother me,I am not large,but also not ashamed.
jdmonroe99@hotmail.com Jeff Monroe

i am looking for a single female to hangout with and play some volletball and go swimming with. i will be in sunny isles beach,fl from oct4-7 and staying at the days inn at 15811 collins ave

Hounddog

Posted - 01/02/2003 :  8:04:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hounddog's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My favorite resort is Lake Como in Lutz, Florida. I get there once a year for a gathering of internet nudist. Lake Como has a screen in hottub that can hold a large group. Two places to hang and drink. Nice dances, heated pool and a sandy beach on a lake. The nudist there are just so open and friendly. I;ve been to about 30 different resorts from Canada down into florida. Home for me is White Thorn Lodge here in Pittsburgh. I don't think it can match up to Lake Como.

Hounddog,

"SAVE THE EARTH!!!.....
it's the only planet with chocolate "

Ron31401

Posted - 09/14/2003 :  9:25:15 PM  Show Profile  Send Ron31401 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have been to Hidden River. It was very nice and the people were great! It is open all year. I plan to go at different times of the year so that I get a good over all feel for the resort. I went Labor Day weekend and had a blast. I plan to go again soon. The web site is: www.hiddenriverresort.com

Ron Harrelson

vealj
Forum Member

Posted - 09/29/2003 :  3:55:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit vealj's Homepage  Send vealj an AOL message  Send vealj an ICQ Message  Click to see vealj's MSN Messenger address  Send vealj a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
No. 1 Nudist Resort in the U.S. (all categories)
and the winner is.....
Cypress Cove in FL.

Runners Up:

CA: - - -
Lupin Lodge

IN: Ponderosa
Sunny Haven
TN: Rock Haven
NV: Silver Valley Sun Club
TX: Live Oak Ranch

Canada: Four Seasons

Take care and ...
Keep it Bare !!!
- veal
http://www.vealj.com/naturist.html

A Naked Man

Posted - 04/07/2004 :  07:17:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a couple of favorites in the U.S. and one in Spain. - - - in Palm Springs has a very friendly atmosphere. We stayed there a couple of years ago, and everyone we met was open and welcoming -- we were only "strangers" for a few minutes. It is an upscale place with everything you could want on the grounds. The restaurant serves good food if you want to remain on the grounds (and nude), or you can dress and wander downtown to a number of nice restaurants.

Another favorite is White Tail Park in Ivor, near Norfolk VA. Although it is more "rustic" than - - - , it too, offers a friendly atmosphere and is very family friendly. It is located out in the country where you can clearly see the stars at night.

My absolute favorite place is Vera Playa in SE Spain. Living in the UK, we try to get there at least one week a year. V.P has a nudist 4 star hotel with full service accomodations, or you can rent (or buy, if you're lucky enough!) a condo or apartment. The naturist village is not restricted or hidden from view (even areas that are clearly visible from the nearby local highway). Nudism is simply an acepted way of life, even among the "textile" vacationers. You can shop, dine or just take a stroll in any area of the development or along the beach as naked as you care to be, and no one bats an eye. Being in the warmest area of Spain, you can be comfortably nude at virtually any time of year, and there are a number of people who spend the winter there, only having to dress when the weather is especially disagreeable. We have been there in April, July and October, and the daytime temps were never too cool. In the Spring and Autumn, though, dressing at night was a necessity.

A Naked Man

The Bead Man
Forum Member

Posted - 04/07/2004 :  11:02:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit The Bead Man's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As many will have guessed by now, Grand Lido Braco resort, which is styled after a turn of the (previous) century Jamiacan village, and has a separate Au Naturel section with accomodation, beach, huge pool, hot tubs, swim up bar and grill, and club house with 24 hour room service, as well as (clothed) restaurants.

Martha maintains a popular discussion group, the Grand Lido Visitor's Hangout. We held our Bead Fest Fashion Show there as you can see on the right.

Cheers!

David
"The Bead Man"
www.thebeadman.net

The Bead Artist formerly known as Revilo42

calmnude
Forum Member

Posted - 04/07/2004 :  6:34:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
as far as resorts are concerned, i like solair in Connecticut, penn-sylvan,

i haven't been to the new resort in western mass, although i hear it s much improved from the old Berkshire acres,

as far as beaches are concerned, like martha's vineyard and cape cod, the ledges, and a couple of swimming holes in mass and in ohio which are great fun.

Page: of 7 Previous Topic: Heading to Cypress Cove Topic Next Topic: Cypress Cove Nudist Resort  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.32 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved