Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 181 ]  [ Total: 181 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Resorts - Naturist Resorts, Nudism Places
 Conservative / Family Nudist Resort - Trip Reports
 Cypress Cove Nudist Resort
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Members Favorite Resorts Topic Next Topic: Sunny Haven Family Nudist Park, Granger, IN
Page: of 8

Suncover2002

Posted - 01/05/2005 :  12:35:08 AM  Show Profile  Send Suncover2002 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
My wife and I absolutely love Cypress Cove. Although we live in Houston, Texas, it is our favorite nudist resort. We have been there on 5 different vacations staying a week or more each time. Unfortunately, we have not been there since 2001. Our oldest child was 3 at the time. Since then we have been busy having more kids along with the busy life that brings. But we hope to bring our whole crew to "the Cove" sometime soon. We believe Cypress Cove is a fine family oriented and family friendly nudist resort and is an excellent place to stay on a vacation when visiting the Orlando area theme parks.

SpunkyLady

Posted - 01/13/2005 :  11:36:35 AM  Show Profile  Send SpunkyLady an AOL message  Send SpunkyLady a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
After a year of being a Nudist, I decided to get my membership. The people are friendly and helpful and caring. On the weekend there are activities. I wish there were more kids. BTW- feel free to walk all over nude and see people mobile home. Its great home they decorate the outside of them.

Spunkylady

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 01/14/2005 :  01:37:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We or actually I would have to agree that Cypress Cove is a very nice place. I enjoyed myself the one day I visited. My wife had to stay in Orlando on business and I was allowed to visit by myself. I did our laundry there and walked all over the place, layed out in the little bit of sun that poke through the clouds and enjoyed a couple of drinks at Cheeks.

I would recommend this place to anyone staying in the area. Hope we are able to return soon so my wife can also experience Cypress Cove.

boyntonbeachman
Forum Member

Posted - 02/11/2005 :  3:26:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had the opportunity to visit Cypress Cove this week. Some very dear friends are staying there for the winter. I can't argue with anything that has been said here about this resort. Well kept, well maintained, clean, friendly people. I just wish it wasn't a 3 hour drive from my home. I'd like to get there more often.

Meyer Markon

Cookie
Forum Member

Posted - 02/11/2005 :  8:26:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cypress Cove is one of our favorites!!
Now that we are down South we have been hoping the weather would warm up so we could get over there and enjoy the pool and spa.

We were hoping to get over there on Super Bowl Sunday, but somethings came up.

I am sure that there was quite a crowd at Cheeks.

We have stayed there for 4 or 5 days, and the people of Cypress Cove could not have been nicer. The room was clean and comfortable, and to think we could be "bare" for 5 days, it was a nice experiance.

Looking forward to the warm weather and enjoying it.

Cookie

joenudist
Forum Member

Posted - 02/25/2006 :  12:53:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At the end of April and beginning of May I will be in Florida with 5 days at Lake Como and 5 days at Cypress Cove. I will be at Cypress Cove for their Singles weekend. Has any one attended one of their Singles weekends and how was it?

Thanks!

Joe

nakedsenior

Posted - 02/25/2006 :  3:20:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with everything priviously said. I have only been there one time but I re-joined AANR and Cypress Cove membership. I had joined ASA about 1977 and the woman I married shortly after that refused. Present wife will go to please me but is not comfortable yet (I hope that will change) She has agreed for us to celebrate my 66 birthday there in June.

joenudist
Forum Member

Posted - 05/04/2006 :  08:48:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am at Cypress Cove right now and it is a great place! I now have a new favorite nudist resort. The Cove beats out all the other nudist clubs I have been to so far.

Joe

dytter

Posted - 08/24/2006 :  5:16:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just returned from a 10 day stay at Cypress. Without a doubt the staff is very friendly. Both the motel and 1 bedroom apts. are very clean. The facilities and grounds obviously receive a great deal of attention from the staff, many of whom are nudists themselves. Most of the people, like me, were middle aged. There were a few families there and some younger couples. When the snowbirds come down for the winter, the average age shoots up to the retiree areana. Regardless of age, everyone I met seemed very friendly and unpretentious. Even as a single male I never felt unwelcome for an instant.

Since it is August, it was only crowded at the pools on the weekend, and then there were still plenty of lounges and room in the pool.

I stuck my foot in the spa at the west pool and immediately pulled it back. The water was very hot to me, but I saw people using it, so I must not tolerate hot water well.

This is a club for nudists. By that, I mean people tend to go about the grounds naked; including the people who live there. It is a place where you can feel very comfortable being nude.

But then I am one of those people who just can not understand why people pay money to go to a "clothing optional" resort where many of the people stay partially or fully clothed, especially in the evening. I can stay home if I want to go out for a drink and wear clothes. I say this with the important caveat that I do not judge other people and what they like or do not like to do. That is their business and none of mine. But then, I don't understand quantum physics either.

pilot
Forum Member

Posted - 08/24/2006 :  10:09:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Actually, quantum physics is not as hard as you might think. Feynman wrote a marvelous little book called "QED" that requires less than high school math to understand. You can pick it up for <15 dollars...

CMx2
Forum Member

Posted - 08/28/2006 :  12:08:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife and I went to Cypress Cove for 8 days this July.
While we had a good time, It did not quite reach our expectations after everything we had heard about it.

A few of the negatives:
1. A couple of the bar staff were quite rude to us for some reason.

2. The "regulars" would come to the pool area at 7:00 in the morning and lay towels out on all the shady areas around the pool to "reserve" their spots even though they didn't actually use the chairs for hours.

3. We both felt like the families with kids were not welcome. Several people seemed irritated that the children were having fun in the pool.
On one occasion, several children were inside the game room watching cartoons when an older guy came in and changed the channel to the news. He then left the room after watching for about 30 seconds. He said nothing and did not change the channel back.

A few of the positives:
1. The staff was very friendly and helpful (with the exception of the 2 rude bartenders).

2. My wife got her hair and nails done at the salon and was very pleased with both.

3. It felt comfortable to be nude everywhere. Even while in the restaurant we both felt comfortable.

4. We both love ping pong and there are 2 ping pong tables in the air-conditioned game room. We played for hours and hours and had a lot of fun.

5. Lots of cool wildlife including Owls, Cranes and many, many lizards.

6. We really liked the fact that we didn't have to carry money around. You can charge everything to your room/lot# (except for the salon)

7. Its close to Disneyworld!

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 08/28/2006 :  12:32:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
CMx2, You'll see that same problem with chaises at just about all parks you'll visit. It is unfortunate, but there is little management can do about it I've learned.
Did you get a chance to taste the food at the bar and/or restaurant? It was really good when I was there in February.

Re: 2 bar people who were rude - everyone can have an off day. Perhaps it was theirs. Were you at Cheeks or at the bar at the restaurant?

Cypress Cove is still IMHO the best nudist resort (not just a park) on the east coast of the US.

Regards, Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

NTLnTAA
Forum Member

Posted - 08/28/2006 :  10:54:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A little while back, my wife and I had a traumatic experience at a resort. After we cleared customs, we looked at each other and exhaled. We were holding our breath and couldn't wait to get back in the states. That was on a Monday. On Tuesday, I suggested we go to the cove that Saturday and spend the night. After we stopped at the gaurd house, went through the gate and did the little left right jog around the wall, my wife looked at me and said that she felt better already. After trading trip war stories for the better part of the morning, my wife and I were relaxing in the pool. I said that I felt like we just came home. I pointed out that we are very lucky to have a place like The Cove in our back yard. People come from all over the country to go there and we have easy access.

Any place is going to have it's warts. When we had two times in a row of *a bad day* from the bar staff, we politely said something to the front desk. As far as kids in the pool, if the pool is crowded, the horse play is a no no. If only a few adults, let the games begin. Also, it depends on who is on duty as the *pool police*.

I second Cheri's comment about the chaises.

As far as that jerk in the game room, he and his twin brother are like a bad smell that you can't get away from no matter where you go.

Could things be better at The Cove? Sure. I think it's human nature to want to improve things but in the mean time, I'm going to enjoy the ability to be nude anywhere on the grounds of The Cove.

Now where did I put that wart remover?

go n nude
Forum Member

Posted - 09/02/2006 :  1:17:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Cove 5 stars, miss the Gators and friendly people there. Nice place to relax/play/stay.

go n nude

tansailr
$ Supporter

Posted - 01/02/2007 :  5:38:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After making the rounds of several nudist resorts in the southeastern U.S. we've found our comfort zone at Cypress Cove. We started at Lake Como and possibly for reasons of our newness back then, we felt like outsiders. We then spent the next 3 spring breaks at - - and we like to think we "outgrew" it. PL is a place for the "hey, lookat me" crowd, complete with all the bejangled piercings, lingerie shows, etc. Then again, the fact that we turned 60 had no small effect on how well we fit in with that crowd.

Cypress Cove, as stated above, is a place for NUDISTS....period. ...and of all shapes and sizes. For the shy or first-timers, there's always the beach by their lake. For the pool oriented, there's two to choose from, and there's definitely an age related demographic on which pool you find most comfy. The accommodations are well kept up and the office and restaurant staff are as polite as all get out. No complaints -- we're hooked.

Page: of 8 Previous Topic: Members Favorite Resorts Topic Next Topic: Sunny Haven Family Nudist Park, Granger, IN  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.22 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved