Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 264 ]  [ Total: 264 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Society And Culture: Nudism Around The World
 Religion And Nudism
 Do You Pray In The Nude?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Telling Your Religous Congregation Friends Topic Next Topic: Christianity and nudism, do they go together?
Page: of 3

Mike2Nude
Forum Member

Posted - 11/16/2008 :  5:40:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I couldn't help but laugh at Cheri's Nude Seder meal. My congregations gets upset when even the smallest detail is alter from our usual Seder Meal. I can only imagine the discussion over a nude Seder meal, or nude anything.

Please support me and MS in my MS Bike Ride on Sept 27, 08.
http://main.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR?px=5356537&pg=personal&fr_id=8700

balataf
Forum Member

Posted - 11/16/2008 :  8:56:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit balataf's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Much of popular Wiccan ritual is most often performed nude, as are some Hindu and other rites.

HappyDaz
Forum Member

Posted - 11/17/2008 :  07:48:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are some great posts on this topic. Like many of you, I also pray nude. I'm praying as The Lord made me....what can be wrong with that?

Teva
Forum Member

Posted - 11/18/2008 :  10:10:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mike2Nude

I couldn't help but laugh at Cheri's Nude Seder meal. My congregations gets upset when even the smallest detail is alter from our usual Seder Meal. I can only imagine the discussion over a nude Seder meal, or nude anything.

2009 will see a Nude Seder in Jupiter, FL.
Teva

Mike2Nude
Forum Member

Posted - 11/18/2008 :  10:51:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Teva, now you've got me thinking (that can't be good). Are there many organized nude religious ceramonies or congregations? Cheri's & Jupiter's are the first I've ever heard of.

Mike

I had so much fun in 08, I'm doing it again. lease support me and MS in my MS Bike Ride on Sept 19, 2009.

nude charles
Forum Member

Posted - 11/20/2008 :  4:32:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You're right, Teva, about praying at nudist parks. Many parks have Sunday morning services; and yes they are always done nude, weather permitting.

RichNKaren
Forum Member

Posted - 11/21/2008 :  3:18:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit RichNKaren's Homepage  Send RichNKaren a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I most certainly do - what better form of relaxation than to thank God for His gifts
It allows me to humble myself and feel at ease in the most comfortable way possible - nude

Now i would never do this at Church lol I would probably either have people donate clothing to me or throw me out

Rich&Karen

nude-yoga

Posted - 11/21/2008 :  7:03:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have chanted mantras/prayers while doing yoga in the nude. One less veil between me and God!

More about nude yoga at http://nudeyogaforum.com

Smithy
Forum Member

Posted - 01/29/2009 :  2:57:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by n/a

....I tried it once but did not feel comfortable - the old guilt setting in?

God created me nude. I didn't come with wardrobe.
So yes I pray nude, besides He can see thru my clothing.
I don't pray nude in company because I'm the nudist that I know of In Durban, But Yes I pray nude.

YosTsef

Posted - 02/10/2010 :  4:19:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit YosTsef's Homepage  Send YosTsef an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
I give blessing every single day in the nude. The first conscious and deliberate words from my mouth. And, I look upon my reflection as I am in the mirror when I do this. Don't you, as well, who give blessing in the morning? I am a Jew. And, I experienced my first nude pesach seder near twenty years ago. It was an eye-opening experience to be among a Jewish family that openly, within the nudist community at least, practices Judaism without clothes on. Yes, in our G!D-given birthday bodysuits. And, to experience this multi-family group of Jews and invited friends opening the front door to invite Eliyahu into the home is a memory I will never forget! This one experience opened my eyes to digambara pulkhanim ha'yehudi, ascetic nudity rituals of the Jew, in a way I had not really experience it before. Even as a nudist involved in landed nudist clubs. It is something to laugh in joy of if laughing is on your heart. Nudism and religious nudism, in my case and that of others - Jewish nudism (which is cultural as much as religious, too), is my passion and expression. And, why not?

Nudesuncpl
Forum Member

Posted - 02/10/2010 :  5:49:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why wouldn't I pray in the same condition that God made me? Heck, it was his idea, wasn't it? I ask for a blessing every time we have dinner, and that includes whenever we have a nude dinner. It seems only right to give thanks for everything -- even these bodies that have the sad habit of breaking down with age. Well, I guess He must have known what He was doing!

mialove
Forum Member

Posted - 02/17/2010 :  01:37:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Such great responses!

I am a person of great faith and spirituality. I pray because I believe that is the my line of communication with God.
In regards to praying with or without clothes, I must echo the opinion of others and say that it doesn't matter. I don't think that God is offended by praying while in the nude. I mean, God make skin, not clothes! What is the most important is praying while having a heart full of love.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 02/17/2010 :  12:21:41 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nudesuncpl

Why wouldn't I pray in the same condition that God made me? Heck, it was his idea, wasn't it?

I agree it was his idea. Think about it, Adam and Eve walked with God in the garden and they didn't know they were naked. Don't you think if God had been wearing clothes they would have noticed? I do. After all we were made in his image.

Diger

free2be
Forum Member

Posted - 02/17/2010 :  8:54:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great response Diger. I never looked at it that way before. I pray whenever...and wherever it feels right. Day or night, driving, walking, clothed or unclothed. I see no reason to wait until going to bed or Sunday mass to say thanks. I also don't do traditional prayers (except in church...which is not every week but more than just Christmas and Easter), I just talk to Him in normal conversational fashion.

bkonyk

Posted - 03/26/2010 :  03:32:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Praying or Chanting is how we as Buddhist's tap into the universal energy that connects every living being. Being a Buddhist has to do with what is inside of you, or your Buddha nature. Praying naked has less to do with your state of dress or undress then with seeing who you really are as a person and living true to yourself. This practice is a mirror so to speak that allows you to see the real you. This is why I'm proud to be a nudist Buddhist. Only by being myself can I maximize my life with no regrets. Nudism helps me to see that the heart is really the most important.

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: Telling Your Religous Congregation Friends Topic Next Topic: Christianity and nudism, do they go together?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.2 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved