Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 236 ]  [ Total: 236 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Society And Culture: Nudism Around The World
 Religion And Nudism
 Christianity and nudism, do they go together?
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Do You Pray In The Nude? Topic Next Topic: what if...
Page: of 2

publ2000
Forum Member

Posted - 02/15/2009 :  3:14:31 PM  Show Profile  Send publ2000 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Ok, big question that has been BUGGING THE MESS out of me the past week. I am a christian and very strong in my faith. I do my best to live that life style. Now, I understand that certian sexual activities (masturbating in public) is WAY WRONG!! But, does it mean that I am not a good christian if enjoy being nude?

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 02/15/2009 :  4:03:45 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by publ2000

Ok, big question that has been BUGGING THE MESS out of me the past week. I am a christian and very strong in my faith. I do my best to live that life style. Now, I understand that certian sexual activities (masturbating in public) is WAY WRONG!! But, does it mean that I am not a good christian if enjoy being nude?

Not a bad Christian at all. I'm a Christian, too, and nudism blends in very nicely with it. In Christian theology, Jesus restored man to God's grace, and thus the rebirth of a "Garden of Eden" innocence. From that we can derive that nudity is restored, and it proper and welcome once more. There is also the matter of what sentiments lay within your heart. If you are a Christian, and act like one, then what you wear or don't wear is a non-factor in the bigger picture.

Anyway, that's this man's opinion on the matter.

"'Tis our true policy to steer clear of permanent alliances with any portion of the foreign world."

George Washington

Edited by - Warmskin on 02/15/2009 4:04:15 PM

thornapplebison
Forum Member

Posted - 02/15/2009 :  4:05:00 PM  Show Profile  Send thornapplebison a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Publ2000, this is a question only you can answer. Figuring out how to apply a set of moral principles to a real-life situation is part of being a responsible adult.
What makes something good? What makes something bad? Is it possible for any action to be morally neutral?

publ2000
Forum Member

Posted - 02/15/2009 :  5:06:36 PM  Show Profile  Send publ2000 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the opionions, I would still love to hear from anyone though. I feel in my heart that it is ok, so long as I stay away from the sexual impurity of it. Again, would love to hear more opinions.

FlCpl4NewdFun
Forum Member

Posted - 02/15/2009 :  6:00:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by publ2000

Thanks for the opionions, I would still love to hear from anyone though. I feel in my heart that it is ok, so long as I stay away from the sexual impurity of it. Again, would love to hear more opinions.

Not sure what you mean. But one can both enjoy nudity/nudism and be sexual, independently or at the same time and still be a "good" christian.

But honestly I'm not sure what your definition of a "good" Christian is. I consider myself a good Christian but I bet could find entire congregations of others who think that I'm not. Quite frankly, I really am not concerned about those folks however and I won't let their beliefs try and make me feel ashamed or wrong for doing something I enjoy. I'll leave that up to the big guy/gal to pass judgement and I'm quite confident I'll be just fine in that respect.

One other thought. Often sexual impurity as you describe it has been defined by human law which may or may not be based on God's law. I'm sure you have read the Old Testament which has all sorts of freaky stuffy going on yet some of the most sexually deviant individuals were called upon to serve God. So don't be so hung up on what so called "good" christians think and study the bible yourself and let your conscience be your guide. If it turns out that you conclude nudism is in conflict with christianity then you should behave accordingly. If not, same logic still applies you just will happen to be nude while doing it.

Cheers!

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 02/15/2009 :  7:55:34 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I might add that to be nude or not nude seems to me to fall more into a secular context. Fashions change, and have drastically changed through the past decades - from swimsuits that cover the entire body to the current fashions of scarcely covering the more intimate zones of the body. You could imagine that churches don't design swimwear, but rather the clothing industry, and the public's demand.

Christianity is more about your inner self, and how you relate to God and the people around you. Just as you can be a wonderful Christian no matter what football team you support, you can also be a good Christian no matter what clothing you wear or don't wear.

For every Christian nudist who is a kind person, I just might show you a textile "Christian" who is habitually angry, sour, and unloving. The identifier is not the outside appearance, but rather the inward appearance that shows itself by actions and words said.

"'Tis our true policy to steer clear of permanent alliances with any portion of the foreign world."

George Washington

ROB g
Forum Member

Posted - 02/15/2009 :  8:23:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Everyone has made really excellent points here and basically have the same opinion. I feel you can still
be a good Christian and you enjoy nudity. If you do your best to live your life by the way God wants you to.
I read an article in time a few years ago. Where there was baptist group that ran a nudist camp. And they still led there lives by the laws of the baptist church and they did not force any one there to be nude if it made them feel uncomfotable. Also I believe there is a nudist group out there that is christian based called eden bay. but they have kinda have thight standards.

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 02/15/2009 :  10:18:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
publ2000 what does masturbation have do with nudism, sure there are people on nude beaches and at clubs that do inapropriate things but that shouldn't reflect on you, I know it doesn't reflect on me. Nudism to me is actually a spiritual retreat for me kinda like returning to the garden of eden especially when i'm freehiking in the woods with only nature around.

Calbob
Forum Member

Posted - 02/17/2009 :  9:43:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I first became a nudist, I used the concordance in the back of my bible and looked up all of the passages where "nakedness" is mentioned. Nowhere is nudity condemned. Adam and Eve were cast out of the Garden of Eden because they disobeyed God, not because they were naked. When the bible says to feed your neighbor when he is hungry, clothe him when he is naked, and give him shelter when he needs it, it's not saying there's anything morally wrong with being hungry, naked, or in need of shelter. Often, there will be some preachers who will use convenient "one size fits all" Biblical passages to condemn anything they disagree with, but if you go straight to the Bible, you will find that it doesn't say that nudity by itself is wrong.

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 02/17/2009 :  10:34:12 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I agree with you Calbob. I think clothe the hungry is more at taking care of the downtrodden, and not correcting any immorality on their part. Feeding the hungry goes along with that. I would see clothing as something to protect you from the cold and excessive sunshine. If I don't wear a parka coat in the winter, I'm not immoral, but I am unprotected.

I guess I'll never understand those parsons who are uncomfortable with God's creation. The next thing you know, they'll insist on covering up trees and flowers.

George Washington

RVDUDE
Forum Member

Posted - 02/23/2009 :  1:48:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Clothes or no clothes... I believe Religion would look down on you as it being sinful but God on the other hand i don't think has a preference he already know's what we look like naked. LOL
Seriously though I believe it's what is in your heart. Ie if you can go to a nudist resort and not lust after the women who are not clothed I don't think God would have a problem with it.

A good book I just read and it's a fiction book that's a short read and informative about God is the Shack.

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 11/28/2015 :  2:19:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, well. How about this?

http://www.anglicanink.com/article/christian-naturism-advocate-appointed-bishop-sherborne

Nude in AK
Forum Member

Posted - 11/29/2015 :  10:25:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Interesting article. It was/is kind of refreshing to read. What else was interesting to read was all of the comments. WOW!

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 11/30/2015 :  9:45:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It didn't take me long to develop one rule for my Internet life: If an article is in any way controversial, do NOT read the comments.

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 12/10/2015 :  12:51:18 AM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Here is a book on nudism the Bishop wrote. It's very pricey for the amount of pages. $58 for 24 pages - at least that is what the amazon entry says. Still, it must be interesting for a somewhat higher ranking clergy person says about nudism. I'm not trying to sell her book. In fact, I would not buy it because of the price. I'm really just showing that she has written a book about nudism, and has thus committed herself as a nudist clergy person in the public domain. If you see two links, click on the bottom one.

http://www.amazon.com/Naturism-Christianity-Are-They-Compatible/dp/185174438X/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1449725940&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=Ven Karen Gorham br / " target="_blank"> br / http://www.amazon.com/Naturism-Christianity-Are-They-Compatible/dp/185174438X/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1449725940&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=Ven Karen Gorham br /

You have to congratulate her on sharing her unprudish views on nudism, given her role in life. She is an example of how Christian teachings and nudity are quite compatible. Maybe she can create a flock of acolytes that will spread her message. It all starts with one person and a mission of advocacy. Imagine her doing this in the USA. She might have a fight on her hands. Whew!

Better for her to be in Great Britain.

“I rise early almost every morning and sit in my chamber, without any clothes whatever, half an hour or an hour, according to the season, either reading or writing.”
Ben Franklin

Jon-Marc

Posted - 02/24/2016 :  8:57:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I lived in Florida, I went to a Baptist church for few months but didn't give them my address since I lived in a nudist resort; I now live in a nudist resort in CA and wish I could afford to move back to Florida. The pastor at that Florida church looked me up online and found out I was nudist. He sent me an e-mail saying, "We can't have a nudist representing our church, and God wouldn't be pleased with it anyway." I wonder how he thought he knew the mind of God. I guess he didn't have the courage to tell me to my face. A pastor at another church told me(to my face)("You can come here, but you can't participate in anything." He didn't say why.

Forever in Christ.

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Do You Pray In The Nude? Topic Next Topic: what if...  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.18 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved