Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 299 ]  [ Total: 299 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Society And Culture: Nudism Around The World
 Religion And Nudism
 Do You Pray In The Nude?
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Telling Your Religous Congregation Friends Topic Next Topic: Christianity and nudism, do they go together?
Page: of 3

n/a
deleted

Posted - 04/02/2008 :  09:43:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope you all will excuse me, but this may not be as silly as it sounds. I'm wondering if when we/you engage in formal prayer (or scripture reading) do you do so nude? I tried it once but did not feel comfortable - the old guilt setting in?

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 04/02/2008 :  12:22:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I pray every night before falling asleep. I will be conducting a nude Passover Seder on April 19 for my club members and other friends. I feel closer to God without clothes especially in nature.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 04/02/2008 :  1:02:21 PM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I haven't in a group, but the answer is yes. As much as any other time. I pray before I go to sleep and when I wake up. My faith is as much of who I am as is my eye color or my being a nudist or any other of my physical or personality traits.

Edited by - nudeisntlewd on 04/02/2008 1:05:21 PM

nuderebel
Forum Member

Posted - 04/02/2008 :  1:10:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep..........I don't think the Good Lord cares if I am clothed or not when praying.......

cmichael
Forum Member

Posted - 04/02/2008 :  1:56:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It doesn't matter, G-d sees all. The thought of the seder in the nude is dreamy!

catbird
Forum Member

Posted - 04/02/2008 :  4:09:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wynude

I hope you all will excuse me, but this may not be as silly as it sounds. I'm wondering if when we/you engage in formal prayer (or scripture reading) do you do so nude? I tried it once but did not feel comfortable - the old guilt setting in?

I believe in prayer to our awesome God, regardless of whether clothed or nude. The feel of the sun and breeze on my bare skin helps me worship God's creation. Likewise being in nature nude can help you feel God's creation.

If Wynude didn't feel comfortable praying nude, somehow guilt feelings crept in. Somehow there might be the feeling that God disapproves of nudity (which is false). Also there might be thoughts of nudity = sex. I don't know whether you had thoughts of the opposite gender.

Don't give up because of one attempt resulting in failure. Know that God created you naked. God created the nature outside of you. Keep on praying while nude.

Scripture reading while nude, I too have done that and felt close to God.

I pray for your success in praying and feeling close to God while nude.

Naturally, Catbird

Bare Warrior
Forum Member

Posted - 04/02/2008 :  7:22:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We all need to remember, as was said above, that God sees everything we do, say, or wear. The only one we are hiding from is ourselves. We all should be able to pray during anything we do. I have said some pretty good prayers, during love making, thanking the Lord for the blessing of marriage and deep intimacy with my beautiful wife of 34 years.

Not being able to pray is, as you stated, a sign of some deep seated feeling of guilt which may be because of some past wrongdoing or a lack of understanding God's word. I would humbly suggest you pray on it sincerely and see what He tells you. Biblically, nudity is not sinful and real naturism is, in part, about being free of worldly things in God's awesome creation. Of course it does take some discipline to keep lust from creaping into the equation.

Good luck and may this be a good growing experience for you.

Bare Warrior

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 04/02/2008 :  9:35:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not much of a church goer or a prayer but.....

Since I'm nude most of the time or as much as I can and if I feel the need to say a small prayer to the man above..........yeah...I pray in the nude from time to time but not in a "formal" setting.

nudewalker
Forum Member

Posted - 04/02/2008 :  11:25:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Often when I'm out on my nude hikes the quiet and solitude reminds me of a church like place where one can contemplate the wonders of creation. My wife usually asks "did you have a good conversation with God?" and I have to answer yes. Also since I spend at least 90% of my time being nude at home; praying, reading scripture and meditating are almost always done as I have been created: nude

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 04/03/2008 :  12:56:32 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I enter in to my prayer closet naked every day, there is no otherway to pray.

Matthew 6:6 (New King James Version)

But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly.

Diger

coptmac
Forum Member

Posted - 04/03/2008 :  5:10:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Someone not in agreement with my nude experience spoke that "free in Christ" is not free of clothes. I read in 1 Cor 10:23-24 23 "Everything is permissible"-but not everything is beneficial. "Everything is permissible"-but not everything is constructive. 24 Nobody should seek his own good, but the good of others." NIV

The context of this passage is regarding idol worship and questions of conscious. The Scriptures do not give specific command to remain clothed. Rather, as nudity is beneficial and constructive for some believers, we are free, as long as we also seek the good of others. That's why there are inappropriate places to be nude and we respect that. Prayer is not regulated to a specific place, so if I am nude at the time of prayer, then I am praying appropriately. If I am clothed, then my prayers are heard, also. My love life with God is enhanced by being nude, but not diminished by being clothed! When there is freedom to pray with another person by joining hands, whether clothed or nude, I have done so. In fact, my nudity has served to further humble my heart, especially as I agree in prayer with other nude people. It accentuates who God is. . .and who we are not.

In your freedom in Christ, I speak peace to your nude experience of prayer. AMEN.

Edited by - coptmac on 04/03/2008 5:30:36 PM

Phydeau
Forum Member

Posted - 04/04/2008 :  01:31:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Phydeau's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I hope this doesn't come across as offensive. It wasn't meant to be, at the time.

At one point when I was financially desperate, I went online and found "money charms" and "money spells" (keep in mind I was unemployed, and therefore bored). I found a Wiccan prosperity spell, and decided, "what the heck?" I'm not religious, but I thought I'd give it a try, anyway.

The spell involved sitting nude under a full moon (which I had displayed on my computer monitor), and burning a green candle while chanting the prayer.

The second the candle burned out (it was a birthday candle), I got dressed, and there was a knock at the door. It was my friend, who gave me the money she was saving for Christmas shopping so I could pay my rent, on the promise that I paid it back by the end of the month, which I did.

I don't normally pray, but I thought it was kind of a cool story.

Bare Warrior
Forum Member

Posted - 04/04/2008 :  9:42:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Coptmac,

I was a little confused by what you were trying to say quoting 1st Cor. I don't want to get into a lengthy discussion here but I suggest that anyone wanting to read this verse, read the whole chapter. Also remember that Paul was talking to the Christian Church in Corinth, one of the most sexually corrupt cities in the Roman Empire. The Temple of Aphrodite boosted over 1000 religious prostitutes. After all it was a naval port. Paul was warning newly converted gentile Christians not to fall back on their old ways, which some were doing, because it would diminish their relationship with God and the blessings they could receive. In short following God's laws are always more beneficial than breaking them.

Respectfully,

Bare Warrior

samira1
Forum Member

Posted - 11/14/2008 :  05:07:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
as a muslim we are to pray 5 times a day or atleast try and as a nudist most often then not and do pray in the nude and have done so for many years and so do my kids

Teva
Forum Member

Posted - 11/14/2008 :  6:07:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Every night before I go to sleep I say the Shema and since I sleep nude...
I've been to religious services at a nudist park as well.
Teva

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 11/14/2008 :  11:15:23 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I think that clothed or not is irrelevant, because who you are on the inside is everything. A foul heart whose owner has clothes on is far worse than a nudist with a loving heart, even in the mind of a true textile believer. Of course, I represent the Christian faith, so I can only speak for it.

I don't confuse social infusions of being disgusted with nudity with true religious sentiments. God sees the heart, and is not persuaded by man-caused adornments both visible and invisible. I believe one should pray with that thought in mind. Either you are a harmonious inhabitant of this earth or you are not, and that goes before your prayer to God.

That government governs best, which governs least - Thomas Jefferson

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: Telling Your Religous Congregation Friends Topic Next Topic: Christianity and nudism, do they go together?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.33 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved