Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 165 ]  [ Total: 165 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Thanks To Veterans
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Halloween Costumes Topic Next Topic: Hotel Nudism:  Anyone Practice Nudism on the road?
Page: of 3

balataf
Forum Member

Posted - 06/14/2007 :  01:20:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit balataf's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, the slight Spanish was appropriate to reply to the previous few posts.

Actually:

This I also believe totally, that in the story of U.S. history, each nation has contributed to our culture, and its political and social life.

(Creer = to believe / Crecer = to grow.)

go n nude
Forum Member

Posted - 11/11/2008 :  10:31:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TallTim

Raise a glass of your favorite beverage and remember "To those who have gone before".

Tim

November 11 at 11:00 hrs. Lest We Forget. They loved and were loved .Those who never came back,we will never forget, it was for the freedom we enjoy to-day. The millions of tears shed on their behalf won't be forgotten.

go n nude

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 11/11/2008 :  2:36:20 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
This is a wonderful topic. So many of us who served in the Vietnam War were all but spit on when we came back home. One thing that struck me was how petty civilians were about the slightest things, while we vets had to be thankful for the basics of life in our days of service.

I have to inject here, that the only time I could be nude in military was in the showers, and they were not exactly co-ed.

Looking back, if I had to do it all over again, I would have done the same thing -- do a stint in the military, as part of a growing up process. I learned a lot after a year of training in the Air Force, and I parlayed that into my income for today. It was an experience for which to be grateful.

That government governs best, which governs least - Thomas Jefferson

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 11/12/2008 :  01:00:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hifromlarry

I was in the Navy in the late 60's when service men and women were not given much respect, I am so thankful that America's attitude has changed so much and our service people now get the respect they so much deserve. God bless them all.

i had this exact conversation with a co-worker today who was a vietnam vet, he was saying that he is happy that the american perspective towards soldiers has shifted back to respect. he told me when he got back, he was called all kinds of names like baby killer, etc.
when i returned from the gulf war, i made a comment to one of my fellow soldiers along the lines of "we get a pat on the back and then it's right back to work". his dad was there, and was a vietnam vet as well. he said to me "at least you got a pat on the back". really made me think hard.

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 11/12/2008 :  01:29:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's a recurring American tragedy that twice in my lifetime the government (NOT the people) has sent thousands of our best people off to war on grounds that, in retrospect, turned out to be spurious, to put it as charitably as I can. In the 60's, many Americans, perhaps to assuage their own sense of guilt and complicity, chose to blame the soldiers instead of the people who sent them to kill and to die. Mercifully, that isn't happening so much these days, but the manner in which the returning soldiers, dead and living, have been hustled out of public view and subjected to such appalling levels of official neglect is just as shameful. A pat on the back is the very least they deserve.

balataf
Forum Member

Posted - 11/12/2008 :  02:38:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit balataf's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am puzzled why anyone would have "grief and complicity" in supporting the cause of freedom and democracy in places like Viet Nam or Iraq.

If you want proof as to the rightness and good sense of the cause of freedom, check out that several million Viets, Khmers, etc came to America as refugees from dictatorship. How many people fled from free countries to embrace the oppressors?

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 11/12/2008 :  3:06:05 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
American concerns lie mostly within our borders. We simply don't have the capacity to enforce representative government on all nations, not do we owe any nation anything that requires our service folks to die for any other country.

American soldiers, airmen, sailors owe 100% of their service to the U.S., and to no other country. If other nations want what we have, or should have for a government, they can do what we did.

There is no constitutional duty to change countries to our liking. It seems Iraq is too expensive for America to pretend it can control over a period of time. Over 4,000 service members have died for nothing. Iraq never attacked us, and was never an ally of Bin Laden. Hussein and Bin Laden were polar opposites. Also, we have been responsible for over 1,000,000 deaths in Iraq, most of them innocent people. In doing this, America has recruited more terrorists than ever.

Let's save the lives of our valued service members and bring them home to their families, instead of using them like so many paper towels, only to be thrown away. Foreign interests will just have to get by on their own. Friendship and commerce with all nations, entangling alliances with none, as the old expression goes.

That government governs best, which governs least - Thomas Jefferson

go n nude
Forum Member

Posted - 11/12/2008 :  3:10:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The totals are staggaring WW#1 8 million died, on both sides WW#2 60 million didn't go home, unknown the totals from Korea, Vietnam, Desert storm, 911, Iraq, and Afganistan which is still counting, 97 Canadians to date aren't coming home from there. And many more USA servicemen/wowmen have given their lives for their Country and no one got a chance to say Thank YOU! What a shame.

go n nude

DaffyTaffy2
Forum Member

Posted - 11/17/2008 :  7:21:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Better late then never to thank all of those past and present who have served, are serving. Having grown up in a military family and having many family/friends who have served or are currently serving it's the small thanks that sometimes mean the most.
This said we should all take a moment to thank our service men and women whenever we possibly can. They all may not end up in the "trenches" so to speak but regardless of this the possibility is allways out there.
As long as there is hate, predudice, ignorance, stupidity etc. there will be some form of "war" and there will be those who have to fight it, like it or not.
SO to all Vets of all the wars, great and small

THANK YOU

Skinny Women are not Evil

Bare Warrior
Forum Member

Posted - 11/17/2008 :  9:31:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its funny how people like to say its the government that sent us to war. The Iraq war was voted on twice by our elected "representatives" and once by the general population. Thats 3 times we had the opportunity to stop the war and three times the American people and/or our representatives voted overwhelmingly to support the war.

I am a retired veteran, have lost 3 friends in Iraq and had a son-in-law shot on Christmas Day in Mosul 2 years ago. The war has done just what it was supposed to do. Kept the enemy preoccupied outside our borders and start the seeds of democracy in the middle east to stop the growth of radicalism. Seems to be working, if you ask me.

Thanks to all the veterans who support democracy and have sacrified for their country and the ideal called democracy.

Bare Warrior

n/a
deleted

Posted - 11/19/2008 :  12:05:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All gave some ... some gave all.

The wonderful men and women in our armed forces have my undying gratitude for their selflessness and courage, their devotion to duty, and their willingness to give their lives defending me, a person they have never even met. And now, I just want them all to come home, safe and sound.

My father was a career Naval officer, so while I have never been in the military myself, I know well what the military life is like. I know about the separations and the worry. I know what it's like to be out playing in the yard as a child and see the black chaplain's car slowly driving up your street. Even as young children, we knew what that car meant. We would stop playing, hold our breath and pray ... "oh please dear God, don't let it be my daddy ... "

It wasn't all hardship, of course. We got to live in Hawaii (I was born there), for instance, and while being uprooted every couple of years could be jarring, it wasn't as bad as it might sound. Whenever we were transferred to a new base, there were always people there you knew from previous ones. You were never a complete stranger. And besides, everyone we knew went through the same thing, so we never knew there was any other way to be. It's a close-knit community. Everyone looked after one another, and comforted one another.

I was a young child when the Vietnam war ended, and I vaguely remember the treatment that the returning veterans received back then. I'm so happy that things are different now, and I hope these brave, wonderful young men and women know how much we love and appreciate them.

Carole

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 11/21/2008 :  02:02:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are veterans and active duty are the greatest, they are what makes this country enjoy the freedom we cherish, THANK YOU ALL !

free2be
Forum Member

Posted - 11/11/2016 :  3:09:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Veterans Day to all the vets on this site and around the world!

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 11/19/2016 :  04:34:12 AM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Inasmuch as the Air Force is sometimes considered to be the most glamorous branch service, would it be too much to ask for a clothing-optional Air Force Base?

“I rise early almost every morning and sit in my chamber, without any clothes whatever, half an hour or an hour, according to the season, either reading or writing.”
Ben Franklin

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 11/19/2016 :  09:56:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would think, given the philosophies of each branch; Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines and Coast Guard ... the Air Force would be the most progressive and accepting of allowing and providing clothing optional opportunities!

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: Halloween Costumes Topic Next Topic: Hotel Nudism:  Anyone Practice Nudism on the road?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.32 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved