Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 498 ]  [ Total: 499 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Thanks To Veterans
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Halloween Costumes Topic Next Topic: Hotel Nudism:  Anyone Practice Nudism on the road?
Page: of 3

go n nude
Forum Member

Posted - 05/23/2007 :  6:51:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you, all you Veterans, We love and enjoy our freedom and those who laid down their lifes for us, I am truly Greatful regardless of which flag/ Country , Thanks again everyone of You.

go n nude

Edited by - go n nude on 05/23/2007 8:17:22 PM

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 05/23/2007 :  8:01:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Amen.

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

hifromlarry

Posted - 05/23/2007 :  8:56:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was in the Navy in the late 60's when service men and women were not given much respect, I am so thankful that America's attitude has changed so much and our service people now get the respect they so much deserve. God bless them all.

NudeAl
Forum Member

Posted - 05/24/2007 :  09:29:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For me Memorial Day weekend used to be just a great holiday the first weekend of the summer an extra day off but not anymore.

I highly encourage everyone to take a moment to reflect on those who gave up all of thier tomorrows for our freedom today. I plan to go to the grave of a young Marine we buried this last spring and thank him for his service. I know it is a small thing but I feel he deserves it. I want my kids to know that freedom isn't free.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep. -- Robert Frost

spiceant
Forum Member

Posted - 05/24/2007 :  10:26:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit spiceant's Homepage  Click to see spiceant's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I too remain gratefull for everyone that has fought for the best of humanity and especially the people that didn't mind loosing faculties or their lives while doing it.

God bless everyone
amen

Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
Mat 19:26

Popularity contests are not truth contests—look how many scoundrel preachers were aproved by your ancestors! Your task is to be true, not popular. Lu 6:26

james423
Forum Member

Posted - 05/24/2007 :  10:17:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll remember those who gave their lives in battle, but also those who risked their lives & came back to enrich ours. With my father-in-law's passing last November, I'm now the oldest surviving veteran in my family. He was a good man who served his country and then returned home to do good things for others (as my father, my uncles & hopefully I myself have done).

NTLnTAA
Forum Member

Posted - 05/25/2007 :  08:40:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you to all that have served and to that are presently serving.
Because of your service, I have lived a very good life.
With all the warts we have as a country, this is still the best damn country in the world.
And if you don't like it, may I respectfully suggest, you know where the door is.
You have the *freedom* to leave.
Thanks again Veterans.

go n nude
Forum Member

Posted - 05/25/2007 :  10:03:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
God Bless America.

He who created this World left us a manuel.
He told us to love one another. When will we ever learn. He gave us' free will and all are equal in his eyes. This World must get with the program or there will be none. I'll Pray for PEACE and Forces SERVING all over this world against the ignornant or EVIL dictators and their followers. God help them and shine your light on THEE. Which for sure they'll soon see.

go n nude

TallTim
Forum Member

Posted - 05/25/2007 :  3:21:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Raise a glass of your favorite beverage and remember "To those who have gone before".

Tim

thornapplebison
Forum Member

Posted - 05/28/2007 :  10:19:05 PM  Show Profile  Send thornapplebison a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by go n nude

Thank you, all you Veterans, We love and enjoy our freedom and those who laid down their lifes for us, I am truly Greatful regardless of which flag/ Country , Thanks again everyone of You.

go n nude

I'm with you, except for the "regardless of which flag/ Country" part. There are lots of people who fought valiantly under the flags of several countries who could have better served the cause of freedom around the world by staying home.

Anyway, as a VFW and active soldier, it's a very special day for me to remember my brothers and sisters who weren't as lucky as me. If we're more free, now, because they are dead...I suppose that might be a good thing.

balataf
Forum Member

Posted - 05/29/2007 :  12:44:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit balataf's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We should long remember what our Veterans have accomplished and what we owe to them.
In line with that, is the current situation, where our troops are attempting to protect the men, women and children from car-bombers that have recently begun to target more elementary schools in both Iraq and Afghanistan. That is a worthwhile fight!

John Froelich
(11th Armored Cav, Viet Nam)

thornapplebison
Forum Member

Posted - 05/30/2007 :  03:09:35 AM  Show Profile  Send thornapplebison a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Balataf-- any fight we win was a worthwhile fight. It's up to me and the current batch of warfighters to make sure that this war is worthwhile. If we lose, it was all for nothing. If we win, the U.S. might be no better off, but at least we'll have won. And those who died will surely be gratified. America didn't raise no losers.

You guys wouldn't have lost if the people voting and paying taxes had been as bent on victory as ya'll were. That's how I know we're going to lose, and all the people I've known who died and will die (possibly to include me) will have died for nothing.

Take offense if you want to. I surely do. But teach me something if you can. That would be good.

P.S.-- No...For me,personally, even if we lose, it's been a worthwhile fight. I needed the experience of war. I was a meaner, weaker person before. Now, I know fear and love. I didn't really know the full weight and exhilaration of being human before. If a couple hundred thousand Iraqis and a few thousand Americans had to die for me to learn that...Well, ok. I didn't create the war...I just endured and benefited from it. All the more reason for me to honor those who died in the process which was my learning and growing.

When I eat meat, I am careful to give thanks to the cow or chicken or pig whose life was ripped from him or her so that I could continue my life enjoyably. The difference is that I loved some of those soldiers...but that's just my personal perspective. All of us who live free do so on the flesh and blood of the dead. I wish we lived in greater reverence of that fact, daily. Maybe we'd be more careful.

Edited by - thornapplebison on 05/30/2007 03:12:31 AM

Digital_Cowboy
Forum Member

Posted - 06/03/2007 :  5:50:44 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Digital_Cowboy's MSN Messenger address  Send Digital_Cowboy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I saw a very good sign the other day when I had to run up to the Post Office to pick up a package with my new glasses from the VA. It read:

If you can read this thank a teacher

If in English thank a soldier

Herman

thornapplebison
Forum Member

Posted - 06/13/2007 :  02:38:31 AM  Show Profile  Send thornapplebison a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Digital_Cowboy

I saw a very good sign the other day when I had to run up to the Post Office to pick up a package with my new glasses from the VA. It read:

If you can read this thank a teacher

If in English thank a soldier

Herman

As a soldier, I sincerely hope that none of my brothers and sisters in arms ever died so that you could speak the language of England.

I hope we have suffered and caused others to suffer so that you're free to speak whatever language you want, and to use it to say whatever you feel.

balataf
Forum Member

Posted - 06/13/2007 :  1:41:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit balataf's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tambien eso yo creo totalmente, que es en cuento de la historia de los Estados Unidos. Cada nacion se contribue a nuestro cultura y su vida, political y social.

(From Moderator courtesy of Babelfish: Also that I create totally, who am in story of the history of the United States. Each nation contribue to our culture and its life, social political and. This is an English-only speaking board.)

Edited by - Moderator on 06/13/2007 2:48:02 PM

go n nude
Forum Member

Posted - 06/13/2007 :  11:24:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If YOU Love Your Freedom please thank our Veterans. They fought for it and too many have died. Their courage and bravery, willing to sacrafice themselfs for their Countries and families. They have my respect and Thank you all Vets.

go n nude

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: Halloween Costumes Topic Next Topic: Hotel Nudism:  Anyone Practice Nudism on the road?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.26 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved