Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 176 ]  [ Total: 176 ]  [ Newest Member: bea abe ]
 All Forums
 Special Interest Groups - Nudist-Oriented
 The Smooth Nudist Forum - dedicated to shaving
 EPILATORS
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: woman why do nudism without hair??? Topic Next Topic: Shaving your own pubies 101
Page: of 3

smoothy
Forum Member

Posted - 02/27/2007 :  08:57:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have made several posts regarding my use of an epilator to stay smooth. I am a smoothie from my nose to my toes and have been using an epilator for a couple of years. I love the results because I stay smooth longer and when the hair does grow back it come in much finer and softer. I no longer get the hard stubble that my wife used to hate. I have been using the Braun "silk-epil" and it does a good job. I had another one made by Emjoi and it died in a few months. I recently bought another made by Conair. This one is very good. It has dual rollers and the rollers go in opposite directions. I find that it does a better and quicker job on my entire body. Since it has two opposing rollers it is like going over the same spot twice in both directions. I bought it online from Drugstore.com. I wanted to pass along this information to anyone thinking about using an epilator.

Pat Doyle
Forum Member

Posted - 03/01/2007 :  8:21:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi i started using a epilator after reading your posts. i was wondering will it get less painful when the hair grows back.i get a lot of ingrown hair will it get beter the more i use it.

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 03/25/2007 :  11:04:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just ordered the Braun Silk-epil. I have used trimmers and I bought a Body groomer last year. I worked ok but, I'm not willing to keep after it. My big problem with shaving is I'm very nearsighted. When I shave in the shower I tend to miss a lot. I shave my face wih an electric razor twice a day. I tend to tear up shirt collars otherwise.
I have never been a fan of body hair, which I have plenty of, I knew I wasn't alone when I saw a display for Nair for Men in my local WALMART last summer.

Bob

Tuffers
Forum Member

Posted - 03/25/2007 :  11:49:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have just bought the Braun epilator and have gone over the chest tum and pubic area. Damned painful and has left me with red blotches. I hope the skin will get used to it because it does do the trick. Any thuoghts Smoothie as you were the one that recommended one to me a while back.

bk-yd-nude
Forum Member

Posted - 03/26/2007 :  12:12:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been using a Veet epilator, tried the Braun Silk-epil, but I like the Veet better. I only do my pube area and did have an ingrown hair problem the first few times, took a couple of months to clear up, but all is ok now. I think the decision as to which epilator to use is as personal as what shaver to use on your face. Guess that's why so many models are out there. I do like the idea of the Conair mentioned and suspect I'll be making a purchase from Drugstore.com shortly. I think I'll testdrive the Conair :)

bk-yd-nude

jake4545
Forum Member

Posted - 03/28/2007 :  11:37:06 PM  Show Profile  Send jake4545 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Here's a question, has anyone tried the Nair for men? I prefer the smooth look and feel myself but hate the ingrown hair on my chest.

Take a chance Columbus did!

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 03/29/2007 :  06:29:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have used it. Be careful to NOT apply it to the wrong places. The smell is rather unpleasent.

Bob

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 04/04/2007 :  09:01:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
UPDATE: One week with the Silk-epil. Some of you use the word "plucker" to decribe this. At least it is easier to spell. I can only handle a few mins at a time . I also find that shorter is better. I started with my shoulders, then my outer thigh area (hair is more sparse there). Worked my way in until I have done from my navel to my knees. I have found that using a loofa(sp?) helps with the ingrown hairs.

Let me know how you like the Conair or other brands.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day!

Edited by - Balto Bob on 04/04/2007 09:48:04 AM

hairless_uk
Forum Member

Posted - 04/26/2007 :  1:54:35 PM  Show Profile  Send hairless_uk a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hi all, I've just ordered my first epilator and I'm really looking forward to using it. I've got it early(ish) in the year so that hopefully i'll be nice and smooth with no/minimal bumps/rashes for the summer sun. I'll keep you updated on when it arrives and how it goes.

Nude is natural

EuroTim
Forum Member

Posted - 04/26/2007 :  4:13:56 PM  Show Profile  Click to see EuroTim's MSN Messenger address  Send EuroTim a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone, I sometimes use Nair For Men and find it works OK, but I more often use my Silk-epil. Smoothy is right, the hair comes back finer and less of it. I have a few areas where virtually nothing grows back now. To avoid the ingrown hair problem use a post epilation cream. I use a combination hydrating and hair growth retardent gel. It works great. I get it at the local supermarket here in Italy. Don't know what's available for those of you in the States.

I too like the sound of the Conair. Have to check if it's available in 220volt.

Stay nude and stay smooth!

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 04/26/2007 :  4:46:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the tip EuroTim I will be looking for that cream. I have been using the epilator for several weeks. If you can get through the first treatment it does get much better.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

hairless_uk
Forum Member

Posted - 05/05/2007 :  3:40:37 PM  Show Profile  Send hairless_uk a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Just a quick update - I got my epilator last week and managed to get most of the pubic hair in one session. Towards the penis it got a little painful so I'm going to wait for a week or so and have another go. So far great results on the smoothness but I think I'll stick to hair removal cream for my balls - don't really want to try them with the epilator, but will do for everywhere else. Pleased with the outcome and will definately keep it smooth this way!

Nude is natural

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 05/05/2007 :  5:54:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have been doing a little more at a time. The trick is to keep the skin taut. I am still using my Body groomer on a few places. While it is not as close as a blade I don't have to worry about nicks.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

gospel
Forum Member

Posted - 05/06/2007 :  9:50:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[but I think I'll stick to hair removal cream for my balls - don't really want to try them with the epilator, but will do for everywhere else. Pleased with the outcome and will definately keep it smooth this way!
[/quote]

I have a question on the cream remover. What kind do you use that you can use it on your balls? The last time I used cream on my balls it almost burned them off.

gospel

hairless_uk
Forum Member

Posted - 05/07/2007 :  1:12:40 PM  Show Profile  Send hairless_uk a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
gospel - I use Veet sensitive hair removal cream. I apply and leave on for about 7 mins then remove with the supplied remover thing and have a shower to wash any remaining cream off. I guess you could say they tingle for a bit afterwards but not too much to stop doing it. I think the key is to take it off sooner rather than later! I like the cream as I don't get stubbly regrowth, it's a little less rough when it starts to come back.

Nude is natural

blobbyed
Forum Member

Posted - 06/22/2007 :  05:50:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
keep going with the braun units in time the hair hardly grows keep on in there from hair free blobbyed

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: woman why do nudism without hair??? Topic Next Topic: Shaving your own pubies 101  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.38 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved