Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 304 ]  [ Total: 304 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Bad nudist experiences
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Journey to Nudity Topic Next Topic: how warm does it have to be
Page: of 2

Tuffers
Forum Member

Posted - 11/01/2006 :  12:12:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After being naturists for so many years Sue and I tried a new venue, near our home with indoor facilities,ideal for the autumninal weather we are now finally experiencing in the UK. The club, Silverleigh in Kent, England descibes itself on their website as the Leading Natuist hotel, Health Spa and Nudist Club in the UK. From their site it looked very attractive and exactly what we were looking for where we could swim, enjoy a Steam bath, sauna or hot tub in the nude whatever the weather outside.

We were firstly struck by the fact that everyone seemed to be walking around with a towel around themselves which is not what we would expect from naturists.Only when they went into the pool or sauna etc did the towel come off. We seemed to be the only people acting as real nudists. Although we have nothing against single men at naturist clubs per se, they were in the overwhelming majority and this made Sue very uneasy, especially with the glances they were giving and to me as well. In our opinion there was an air of sleaziness about the place, not helped by a notice on the wall that a visitor had caught a serious STD there whilst engaging in behaviour not expected at any other place than a swingers club.( I won't be more graphic!!)

We stuck it out for about an hour and a half, dressed and headed home 20 pounds lighter in the wallet. Sue said to me that in the nearly 30 years that we have been going to our own club, not once had she felt uncomfortable as she had at this venue and I had to agree with her. Needless to say we will not be returning and for any visitors to the UK who are looking for such facilities , beware.

Stay bare and enjoy life.

Mike

Edited by - Tuffers on 11/01/2006 3:22:45 PM

Pete Knight
Forum Member

Posted - 11/01/2006 :  4:51:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Mike
Sorry you had such a bad experience, I've never been to Silverleigh, but I have heard about its reputation, but I did get caught out in the same way. I went to the 'Blue Lagoon' in Dagenham, Essex because I was working near there for several months, what a shock I got!! It was very quiet the evening I went, but as you relate, the guys were walking around with towels on, however, the thing that really put me off was being shown the little rooms where you could watch, join in, or be excluded depending on the position of the doors, thats it "I'm out of here" I said to myself.

It really does annouy me when naturism is used as a cover for other activities.

Better luck next time mate.

Pete Knight

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 11/07/2006 :  9:29:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've read a trip report that went along similar lines, I believe at a resort in California. After traveling a good bit to get there, this couple went to the front office to register, and were told by management that the resort was nude only; which happened to be the style of resort they preferred anyway. After they disrobed and entered the main area, they immediately observed that they actually were the only ones there completely nude; everyone there was either "saronged" or "toweled". They reported that the entire day, not a single person went nude except very briefly to get in the pool or hot-tub. When they left, they asked management what had happened to the "nude-only" policy; and they were told that this applied to visitors only, not members. And everyone present that day was a member.
Another couple told me of a resort they visited, which had a bad reputation that I had been aware of from previous reports. From the time the wife disrobed and entered the pool area to the time they left, she was stared at intently by most of the men there. They left fairly quickly, realizing it was a swinger's joint.
Luckily, such resorts are a minority. But it's still better to do some thorough homework before visiting a new resort; you just might end up in a swinger's den or in a "fake" resort otherwise.

Tuffers
Forum Member

Posted - 11/08/2006 :  3:37:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The problem is that the club is reconised by the CCBN which is our equivalent of AANR. Why these establishments are not regularly checked out by somebody, perhaps posing as a prospective member, I do not know. Any person or couple who is testing the water as to whether they would like to join our way of life and become nudists could be put off for life by such experiences. First impressions do count.

Mike

beachnudist
Forum Member

Posted - 11/10/2006 :  08:17:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In reply to Nudony,

What did they want the visitors to be -- the naked apes?

That seems to be a pretty reprehensible policy.

marjans

Posted - 11/14/2006 :  1:38:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Me ,my wife and our 4 mth old son went there last yr for a week break,as soon as we arrived to our bungalow we began to try and settle our boy down for a sleep as it was a 2hr flight from Syd and he hadn't had a sleep for a few hours,as we where getting him down the hostess to the resort come over to the room to let as know that WE HAD TO do a walk around the resort to be shown where everthing is(a guided tour is really not required due to the small size of the resort ),we told her that we could not do it just yet as we were getting our boy down but she insisted we had to there and then, no exuses,so my wife bit her tounge and grabed our boy and we proceeded to begin the tour but before we could get down the stairs we where told we had to do it natural(we have been nudist for 12 yrs and have been to many resorts and beaches in that time),my wife refused as she had just arrived and was now not in the mood to be told what to do,then the hostess told as if we did not do as was requested by her we would be THROWN OUT the resort and we wouldn't get our money back either (we just paid them $700 for a week),so we had no choice as we had paid for the week and,had flown from interstate and we didn't know we else to go.As we proceeded to do the tour it was apperent to us that this was a parade of fresh meat around for all to see,very uncomfortable.As the week proceeded it become more and more uncomfortable with the owners of this resort,we felt that we where a bourden being there,not guests.So we left 3 days earlier than planned,never to return. that was the WHITE COCKATOO IN CAIRNS AUSTRALIA
If you would like a nice nudist holiday,the best place is river island.

Notice: This moderator, operating under username 'Moderator', has been terminated for repeatedly censoring or altering posts without providing a clear indication of which policy was being enforced. Her actions were not sanctioned by this organization.

Edited by - Moderator on 11/15/2006 2:39:19 PM

allnaturalwife
Forum Member

Posted - 11/14/2006 :  3:30:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the insight on the White Cockatoo. We have heard many bad reports about this resort and dont plan on EVER going there.

Jenn

Pete Knight
Forum Member

Posted - 11/15/2006 :  04:28:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the timely report, I'm just in the process of arranging a stay there next year, I think I'll check with my Aussie contacts. Tony Fox is quite prominent in Australian naturism, it really does surprise me that his resort it like that.

Pete Knight

beachnudist
Forum Member

Posted - 11/15/2006 :  8:14:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I remember looking at their site. Rules seemed very rigid. Total nudity at all times no matter what. No excuses allowed. Even when a woman is having her period she is required to be nude. All seemed a bit aggressive to my mind.

aussie

Posted - 11/22/2006 :  9:22:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
we have been to the white cockatoo and it is a bad as can be expected. rude, confronting, people and nude mad. try mosaic larrys in melbourne for a lovely experience.

tgg
Forum Member

Posted - 11/30/2006 :  6:39:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit tgg's Homepage  Send tgg an ICQ Message  Click to see tgg's MSN Messenger address  Send tgg a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I have had quite a few bad experiences with nudism.

The first was when I went to a now defunct swim club in Brisbane called Sunrays. When I went there for the second time, a guy that I was talking to suddenly put his foot in my groin and grabbed my penis with his toes. I felt like smacking him then and there.

On another occasion, I went to Sunshine Families in Toowoomba to meet a friend of mine there on New Years Day in 1999. The owner was behaving in a drunk and boorish manner and constantly cajoled my girlfriend to get her clothes off and get in the pool, and he kept putting his arm around her. She threatened to drop me later on (we eventually broke up a few months later, but it was not over nudism).

On New Years Day in 2002, I went to another nudist club (also defunct) called SunLeisure after reading glowing reports in it in TAN magazine. Upon arriving there the place was run down, the owner was rude and unfriendly and the people were very standoffish. Later on, I heard that one of the fellows who worked there was in jail on 300 counts of molesting children.

At the last Brisbane Forum Social Club swim, a 14-year-old boy with ADHD wanted to use a lilo that I was chilling out on. Instead of asking for it, he tried tipping me off it. His Dad smiled and said "I think he wants the lilo." I said to him "He's got a tongue in his head, he should ask for it", and refused to get off. The kid then jumped on top off my lower back and grabbed my crotch in full view of everyone. I yelled at him and warned him never to touch people there. His Dad then grabbed him by the hand and said "What have I told before as to what constitutes inappropriate behaviour???!!" The boy was evicted from the pool, and the President also had a sharp word to him.

When I told other people of this incident and criticised the club for not setting stricter standards regarding behaviour, the committee suspended my membership temporarily.

That's been about it. Otherwise, most of my nudist experiences have been okay.

'Fear wraps our bodies in clothing, love allows us to stand naked' - Neale Donald Walsch (Conversations With God 1)

Pete Knight
Forum Member

Posted - 12/01/2006 :  3:37:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I recently read in the 'Shaben Leisure Circle' magazine of someone else who had a less than happy experience at the White Cockatoo, and that it was costly too!
I'm having second thoughts about the place, I think I'll look for somewhere else around Cairns.

Pete Knight

allnaturalwife
Forum Member

Posted - 12/01/2006 :  4:57:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My husband and I have also heard many bad things about this resort. Many on these forums and from our close friends. We dont ever plan on vacationing there.

Jenn

Riftalope
Forum Member

Posted - 12/29/2006 :  04:15:47 AM  Show Profile  Send Riftalope an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by marjans

As we proceeded to do the tour it was apperent to us that this was a parade of fresh meat around for all to see,very uncomfortable.As the week proceeded it become more and more uncomfortable with the owners of this resort,we felt that we where a bourden being there,not guests.So we left 3 days earlier than planned,never to return. that was the WHITE COCKATOO IN CAIRNS AUSTRALIA

Things should be quite changed now...

http://www.nudist-resorts.org/talk/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1401

Pete Knight
Forum Member

Posted - 12/29/2006 :  04:41:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That posting was in 2005, the reports I read recently suggest that the proprietors are a little too over zealous now, insisting people undress as soon as they arrive and take the tour of the facilities, even though one family had just completed a long journey and wanted to rest. Another couple cut short their stay after paying a lot to be told what to do and when all the time.

I realise that they have to be strict to prevent a resurgence of the swinging episode, but people go there to relax, not be told what to do all the time.

Pete Knight

cheef
Forum Member

Posted - 01/06/2007 :  11:56:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit cheef's Homepage  Send cheef an AOL message  Click to see cheef's MSN Messenger address  Send cheef a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I have had a few bad experiences, most notably, in the late 1980s I visited Sunny Rest Lodge (in the US staate of Pennyslvania) where I was repeatedly approached by both women and couples to engage in sexual activity. Additionally, a man attempted to grope me in the shower, although I hit his hand away before he was able to. There was also a couple engaged in sexual activity in the hot tub. (I understand things have changed quite a bit at Sunny Rest since then, although I'm told some people are still approached.)

A second bad experience was around the year 2000 with the club Naturally Yours in the US state of Delaware. There were multiple cases of active sexual activity in the swimming pool and lots of groping on the dance floor. Additionally, they did not accept the AANR or TNS card for an affiliation discount, but named "a Philadelphia club" I dind't recognize. Upon returning home, I looked it up on the internet and discovered this unfamiliar so-called nudist club was actually a group which describes itself as "a humanistic social club supporting open relationships and other alternatives to traditional monogamy".

http://cheef.com
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nudist-news-group/

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Journey to Nudity Topic Next Topic: how warm does it have to be  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.21 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved