Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 254 ]  [ Total: 254 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Journey to Nudity
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: body acceptance - human variation project Topic Next Topic: Bad nudist experiences
Page: of 4

Stilllearning
Forum Member

Posted - 04/03/2006 :  2:56:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is that the right term, "journey to nudity"? I found this site in an attempt to find out where to be nude; a sort of "coming out" and maturing of a lifelong curiosity. Sure, I've enjoyed nudity throughout my life after discovering as a pre-pubescent boy that being naked in private was daring, erotic and exciting. A life-long friend was thus born. After the gratuitous skinny dipping, private "home alone" adventures, "you show me yours, I'll show you mine" exploration" childhood joys and backseat teenage drive-in movie pleasures, I found, in later points of life, that nudity with another is not completely erotic, but a sensual awakening. But after searching a while regarding something private that you wish to take another step with, I'm totally miffed by the entanglement of nudity and sexuality in our society.

As noted, my nudity is quite a private pleasure, the joys of a constant traveler that showers each evening after a long day and never dresses in his hotel room until morning. I see posts here that try to separate nudity from sexuality. Topics like "male arousal" (I'm late 50s and arousal isn't easy under any circumstances) reveal the strange sense of taboo we cover nudity in. A "google" search of places for nudity in and around Las Vegas, Nevada ("what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas") reveals about 76,000 items, but "sex in Las Vegas" totals over 22 million items. The leading article about nudity in Las Vegas is about potential $250 fines at a CO beach on Lake Meade. I didn't check the fines for cavorting with a prostitute --- if there are any. I typed "sex in Las Vegas" only as a comparative experiment. Is Nevada like my home state, Missouri, where Baptists oppose sex in a standing position because it might be mistaken for dancing?

I've vented long enough. The journey continues with a return to nudity in the closet for fear of reprisals. I think it will end well someplace along the way. Not driven by a search for a perfect tan, or a bit of stimulation (noted already, I'm too old to respond anyway), but the nudity of mind that I once found accompanied the lack of clothing. We're not such a bad species, but we're the only ones that cover ourselves --- mind and body.

ggwydion
Forum Member

Posted - 04/04/2006 :  12:12:57 AM  Show Profile  Send ggwydion an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have not been part of the "offical" movement very long, but something has been bugging me in the back of my mind and this article has just brought it to the foreground. What is wrong with sex? Is the simple act of exchanging body fluids with a side effect of pleasure really that bad, so bad in fact that our culture has to apply bans and fines for acting as our bodies were meant to act? Yes I know that we do not want the close minded folk to link us with sex perverts and all but come on, really. I am not sure how it is in the rest of the country (US of A) but here in the south east we pagan folk commonly have yearly plus large group activities that are typlicy clothing optional and sometimes there is sex too and no one seems to have an issue. There is no terrible harm done and when someone shows up and makes some kind of fuss that person is politly asked to leave. Something to think about. (This is not to say that my way of living is the right way and that all others are bad!) This is a hard issue. Mabey instead of complaining about what others are doing at nude sites we should concentrate on how to make existing sites better and work towards expanding the availability of nude sites.

n/a
deleted

Posted - 04/05/2006 :  3:09:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Even I have one important question and doubt in my mind. It is regarding nudism and sex. All nudists feel Nudism and naturism are existing because it is our right to be free and we should be proud of our bodies.

But why is sex discarded as 'against nudism'? or 'sexual feelings' not considered as part of 'naturism'? If being nude is naturism, I also feel having sexual feelings and getting aroused on seeing a hot woman and getting attracted to her sexually is also naturistic.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 04/05/2006 :  4:22:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bhuprash

Even I have one important question and doubt in my mind. It is regarding nudism and sex. (snip)

But why is sex discarded as 'against nudism'? or 'sexual feelings' not considered as part of 'naturism'? If being nude is naturism, I also feel having sexual feelings and getting aroused on seeing a hot woman and getting attracted to her sexually is also naturistic.

When sexuality is brought into nudism, nudism becomes something else. Nudism is sensual, it feels good to be w/o clothes. If sexuality is brought onto a nudist venue, we can lose that venue. It has happened.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Ranger191
Forum Member

Posted - 04/08/2006 :  12:46:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ranger191's Homepage  Send Ranger191 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Well said, Cheri. As always.

Confusing sex with nudity is easily done. No one can read a mind, but everyone can see a reaction.

That's the entire problem right there. That is the root problem of why there are such stringent rules against sexuality at a existing nudist venues.

Nobility is not a birthright, it is defined by one's actions.

Stilllearning
Forum Member

Posted - 04/12/2006 :  4:56:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Perhaps the problem lies in equating sex with nudity. I think it's true in the minds of many who are uncomfortable with nudity that it's not the nudity that makes them uncomfortable, but the potential for sex. For an analogy look at my local joke above about fundamentalists that think having sex in a standing position might be mistaken for dancing which they often forbid. Nudity doesn't have to lead to sex. Indeed, the company of someone nude and the great conversations that often follow would lead you to resist ending it with sex. The sex act is final and often sobering. On the other hand, I think sex is a matter of consent between the parties involved in it. If they so choose, who am I to say they're wrong? It happens to people with clothes on as well. However, it's just like being nude at a nude beach. It's all based on mutual consent.

My point in my comparison about nudity and sex was to make the point that our society is a lot more comfortable (apparently) with sex -- even with prostitutes -- than we are with nudity. I find it interesting that if I wanted to cavort with a prostitute, I could easily do so. Let me make it clear, I've never hired a prostitute and never will. I can't even imagine how I would find that satisying. I guess that's just the way I'm wired.

On the other hand, if I want to find someplace where you can be nude outside, I would prefer to find someplace that is a place designated as CO and therefore, consensually agreed by all to be free to do so. However I noted that some of those places have warnings on various websites about tickets being issued of late.

All of this is a mystery to me and I asked this question mostly regarding Las Vegas where everything else seems to be allowed.

GeeWilly
Forum Member

Posted - 04/24/2006 :  11:15:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Stilllearning, you venture that maybe people who fear naturism equate nudity with sex. I'll go out on a limb here and suggest that most sex (coitus) occurs when the participants are nude. So, then, that "equation" isn't really much of a stretch is it?

I think folks who fear/are uncomfortable with nudity are those unable to accept their own bodies. They do not opt for nudity (and are appalled that others do) because then they would have nothing to hide behind. No way to obscure what they perceive as a faulty body: their own. It's really a security issue.

Are you secure enough to accept yourself; warts, freckles, birthmarks, and etc.; and to accept others? The resulting freedom is, in itself, almost orgasmic.

freecplnAr
Forum Member

Posted - 04/25/2006 :  10:46:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sex in the naturist society is a given point, but true naturists understand that sexual activity as a result of the naturist lifestyle is still something to be acted upon in private. Being naturists, my wife and I have often experienced spontaneous "urges" to be someplace else in private. That is normal. People that automatically associate nudism with sex are simply mis-guided and uneducated about the true benefits and ideology behind the lifestyle. It is not a point that is worth arguing until they take it upon themselves to do their own research and ask their own questions. We still have a long way to go to inform the general public and be accepted as something other than "perverts", but in time I think we will get the job done.

Thank God it's almost warm!!

Pete Knight
Forum Member

Posted - 04/25/2006 :  12:20:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No one is denying that naturists have sexual feelings, urges, desires, we are just better at controlling those urges. A naturist environment isn't a place for sex, yet some people still fail to grasp this concept.

A comment that people have sex when nude isn't necessarily correct, I've managed to have sex standing up with most of my clothes in place, so nudity still does not equal sex.

As for the thrill seekers, lets consider how most flashers are dressed........yes, they are clothed, they just expose their sex organs to victims for their own selfish thrills.

There's nothing wrong with sex, I personally don't get enough, but I certainly wouldn't attempt to carry out any kind of sexual act in public, whether its in a naturist environment or a textile environment. Anyone who wants to have sex when and where they want, in front of others should be frequenting swingers or doggers sites, not naturist sites.

OK you're a naturist, so why don't you walk through your local mall naked, probably for much the same reason that you shouldn't try to bring sex into your local naturist club.

Nuff said, I'm getting off my soap box now.

Be happy, be naked, but keep a check on your urges, its what seperates us from the animals.

Pete

Even a prude
has to be nude
........sometime!!

vealj
Forum Member

Posted - 05/01/2006 :  3:16:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit vealj's Homepage  Send vealj an AOL message  Send vealj an ICQ Message  Click to see vealj's MSN Messenger address  Send vealj a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GeeWilly

I think folks who fear/are uncomfortable with nudity are those unable to accept their own bodies. They do not opt for nudity (and are appalled that others do) because then they would have nothing to hide behind. No way to obscure what they perceive as a faulty body: their own. It's really a security issue.

Are you secure enough to accept yourself; warts, freckles, birthmarks, and etc.; and to accept others? The resulting freedom is, in itself, almost orgasmic.

You nailed it right on the head GeeWilly!

Take care and ...
Keep it Bare !!!
- veal
Web:http://www.vealj.com/naturist.html
Nudist Blog: http://360.yahoo.com/vealj

DantheMan

Posted - 05/02/2006 :  07:20:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am a 24 year old man and i have just began my hopefully long freedom of nudity. I would like to add a point about the part that sex comes into the whole ideal of nudity.My partner John and I where reacently on Bourmouth nudist beach and he was, what can i say getting fruity but I told him this is not the point of nudity and we had a long discussion and he finaly decided i was correct and that type of behavour should be left for the privacy of home. I? feel that nudity is a beutiful thing and we should all enjoy the freedom of being at one with yourself.

JustJim
Forum Member

Posted - 05/02/2006 :  08:06:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On behalf of all nudists, we appreciate John's "restraint".

JustJim

Stilllearning
Forum Member

Posted - 05/16/2006 :  4:43:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the replies and sorry to be tardy in getting back to the thread. Let me be more specific about this mystery of nudity and sex. I've had nude experiences in my lifetime, just being among people that chose to take their clothes off and skinny dip together and not bother to get dressed once out of the water or a very special friend years ago that chose nudity at home and invited her friends to do the same. No sex was involved in any of these incidents, but I remember the depth and breadth of conversations and the honesty. Yet I can say with absolute certainty that it was erotic and sensual, far in excess of any sex that I've ever experienced and not because of the person without clothes, but because of the mind and thoughts without clothes that followed whether they be of sexual or personal nature.

Perhaps that is my point; that nudity is a wonderful experience in and of itself and, at least from my point of view, if a woman found it stimulating enough to suggest sex, I would probably reply with "can we wait a while?"

In that event, perhaps I don't belong here. Many discussions here prefer that you don't even feel sensual or erotic, even if you don't act upon it. Indeed, even if you would be more inclined to decline the act of sex more than if you were clothed and choose the company and conversation instead.

GeeWilly
Forum Member

Posted - 05/17/2006 :  5:17:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are all, Stilllearning. Or at least many of us are.
Maybe it is our inner child that asks, 'Isn't there something naughty about being naked?' The behavior most of us learned as children comes back to haunt us a little. We were informed (at least past the age of six) to be covered when in public.

What causes people to initially let themselves be naked in a group of naked people? Is it necessary for reaching some inherent state of consciousness? Is it just kind of fun? Do we collectively poke our finger in society's eye by doing so?

Truly, Stilllearning, the only difference from any other social setting is the display of breasts and genitalia. And, perhaps, buns of steel? It would seem very natural that folks first experiencing nudity would find their minds straying to thoughts of a sexual nature. Probably the only consensual social gathering similar to such is an orgy. The thoughts flashing through one's mind may be fantasy but they are real enough.

There should be no reason to feel guilt or the like; over time the brain is either jaded by the event or is simply more accepting. The newness wears off.

Being different, being honest, and being free is still a lot of fun!

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 05/18/2006 :  12:06:24 AM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Stilllearning,

I don't believe anyone can deny that naturism is sensual, but sensuality is different from eroticism. One can enjoy the sun, the air, and the freedom from clothes just like one can enjoy a warm bath. That is the sensual side of naturism.

The erotic senses are the ones that you have to guard against, but you will find social nudity one of the least sexually charged environments you can be in. However I don’t deny that erotic feeling can happen between mates, especially in areas that have some privacy. This is not social in nature and is a result of your familiarity with your mate.

Needless to say those feelings although normal, should always wait for later, because we should never do anything to endanger any nude venue, in any way.

Diger

Pete Knight
Forum Member

Posted - 05/18/2006 :  04:52:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nudity is a sensual experience, no doubt about it, but certainly not erotic otherwise we would be walking around sporting an enlarged appendage every time we went nude in a social environment.

I'd like to think that we naturists are civilised enough to have proper control over their urges.

Pete Knight

Even a prude
has to be nude
........sometime!!

Page: of 4 Previous Topic: body acceptance - human variation project Topic Next Topic: Bad nudist experiences  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.22 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved