Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 179 ]  [ Total: 179 ]  [ Newest Member: bea abe ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Family Flack
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Whatever happened to the women on this forum? Topic Next Topic: No tan lines!!!
Page: of 6

reverend
Forum Member

Posted - 10/21/2006 :  07:46:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have the members of your family given you some flack because you let it be known the you were a nudist(or were thinking of becoming one?)

the Reverend--- Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 10/21/2006 :  12:03:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The only family members that know because we've told them "point blank", we are nudist are our two daughter's and their husbands.

There are plenty of references to our nudist lifestyle around the house. Our den is full of naturist paintings, drawings, a calendar and various "nude beach" signs, etc.

In the family room is where I keep most of my naturist magazines and the AANR Bulletin. I don't make it a habit, anymore, of putting them away when someone comes over to visit.

Just recently visited friends up in Oregon and Washington. There were 5 couples and we spent two days at Collins Beach on Sauvie Island. At the end of the final day, we took a group picture. I printed this picture and put it in a frame in on a shelf in the den. Forgot that the cleaning lady was coming so.........she not only has seen the paintings, drawings and references to naturism but she's now see us completely.

The girls never gave us any grief or flack. The teased for a short while then began asking lots and lots of questions. We are assuming that they have tried it at home but haven't decided to do it with us yet.

I really don't think we'd catch much flack from any of our family or friends. We both seem ready and willing to let anyone of them know, just want the topic to surface and opportunity to tell them rather than just blert it out...."How was your vacation?

"Great!, oh by the way, we're nudists!"

Edited by - FireProf on 10/21/2006 12:03:49 PM

gospel
Forum Member

Posted - 10/21/2006 :  4:45:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are very new to the social side of things and haven't told our grown kids yet. Maybe never will but a few days ago I told a close male friend the whole story. He was completely accepting of me and the lifestyly even though he is not a nudist. I think he would love it but his wife would not.

gospel

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 10/22/2006 :  12:10:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Telling my sister got her converted, visiting our hot tub convinced here, visiting Haulover confirmed it. One of her sons became a nudist before she did because of me. No flack from family currently. However, years ago, my father, although a psychologist, couldn't understand it. His wife at the time thought it was wrong. I ignored any comments. My mom never lived to know about my nudism; she died way too young.

Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

jim19452
Forum Member

Posted - 10/22/2006 :  12:31:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit jim19452's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cheri

Telling my sister got her converted, visiting our hot tub convinced here, visiting Haulover confirmed it. One of her sons became a nudist before she did because of me. No flack from family currently. However, years ago, my father, although a psychologist, couldn't understand it. His wife at the time thought it was wrong. I ignored any comments. My mom never lived to know about my nudism; she died way too young.

Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

I am just as closed minded on the opposite side of your father and mother about nudity. I do not understand the revulsion others have for social nudity. It is wholesome to me.

I wrote my family and close friends about my nudism and visits to naturist resorts. Even wore a provocative tee-shirt about nudity to work (not to show it off, I forgot I had it on) which elicited at least in one case genuine interest and amusement from the opposite sex.

Best Wishes, Jim

Edited by - jim19452 on 10/22/2006 8:20:00 PM

alexmol
Forum Member

Posted - 10/22/2006 :  3:21:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit alexmol's Homepage  Send alexmol an AOL message  Send alexmol an ICQ Message  Click to see alexmol's MSN Messenger address  Send alexmol a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hello!

My mother got really worried when I apeared on national TV and newspaper during a naturist beach clean-up, but afterwards there were no worries.

Her worries were about my coleagues at work and my job, but there were no problems, I even showed the newspaper to my boss.

AlexMol

vealj
Forum Member

Posted - 10/23/2006 :  3:40:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit vealj's Homepage  Send vealj an AOL message  Send vealj an ICQ Message  Click to see vealj's MSN Messenger address  Send vealj a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
My mother came a bit unglued when I first told the family I had tried nudism and thought everyone should do it, it was so freeing.

After a year or so, and after I stopped trying to convert the world into nudists, she accepted the fact I was a nudist. My whole family knows and approves.

Take care and ...
Keep it Bare !!!
- veal
Web:http://www.vealj.com/naturist.html
Nudist Blog: http://360.yahoo.com/vealj

macbuzz
Forum Member

Posted - 10/25/2006 :  08:08:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have told our family with no repercussions. Not only was my sister-in-law with me when I first enjoyed the pleasures of “journeying to nudity” but she had indulged several times before, though she would not consider herself a “nudist”. My mother-in-law would be the first one with her clothes off given the chance so it would not shock her. Frankly, my wife was pretty proud of herself after going to a nude beach so she told several friends and considered it a badge of honor. All in all most have taken the news with a Ho Hum so I guess you could say we have chosen wisely those who we shared the news with.

NudeAl
Forum Member

Posted - 10/25/2006 :  09:31:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My whole family knows and the only one who seems to have a problem is my 25 year old son. He married a girl who is from a very conservative family so I suspect she has something to do with it. But my other kids my wife my brothers and sisters and there spouses and my mom and dad have never had a problem with it. I honestly feel better since it all came out in the open no need to hide anything from anyone. I don't however feel the need to share all this with those I work with I like to keep that part of my life seperate.

"The best dress for walking is nakedness." Colin Fletcher

NudeLori
Forum Member

Posted - 10/25/2006 :  9:34:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My sister knows, but thats it. My parents would not be cool with it at all

allnaturalwife
Forum Member

Posted - 10/27/2006 :  3:15:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Obviously every single member of my family are nudists. so this issue really doesnt apply to me. What I am curious about though...is all of the people who say their family would not be ok or cool with them being nudists. What do you all mean by that? What would they do? Because it seems to me, that if they would never speak to you again or something equally as outlandish..why would you want to associate yourself with people like that? Family or not.

Jenn

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 10/27/2006 :  5:58:01 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Jenn, I think most people are not afraid of there family not speeking to them. Just the oposite, Some family members have the Guilt Trip down to an art form. LOL

Lori, am I right?

Diger

Edited by - Diger on 10/27/2006 6:00:05 PM

smoothy
Forum Member

Posted - 10/27/2006 :  6:29:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe that is why the nude movement is not taking off. (No pun intended) It seems a lot of us are not that comfortable with being a nudist. It is nothing to be ashamed of. I let everyone I know I am a nudist and invite everyone I can to join me at my pool or come with me to Cypress Cove. I really believe that being a nudist is a good thing and the world would be a lot better place if more people were nude.

Bare in the Desert
Forum Member

Posted - 10/27/2006 :  6:52:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All of my family knows and think its just too wierd but they don't really bring it up or give me grief about it. But some of my closer friends still give me a hard time about it.

http://members.cox.net/freedomaz01

Tuffers
Forum Member

Posted - 10/28/2006 :  06:04:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Smoothy

What is the reaction of the people you invite to your pool or Cypress Cove? Do any take up the offer and go nude? That is where it really will tell about people's attitudes.

Mike

NudeLori
Forum Member

Posted - 10/28/2006 :  09:14:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Diger

Jenn, I think most people are not afraid of there family not speeking to them. Just the oposite, Some family members have the Guilt Trip down to an art form. LOL

Lori, am I right?

Diger

I don't know if it's guilt trip, it just would be too weird with my parents. I just have one sister, and she lives in SD. She is not a nudist, but she has gone with me to Blacks Beach when I have been out there. But my parents - it honestly has never come up, and I just would prefer to keep it that way. The closest it ever came was my Mom stopping by my apt unannouonced one time, my roomate and I were both butt nekkid. Hannah (my roomate) jumped under her covers and pretended to be asleep, I put on a towel and claimed I just got done drying my hair, lol

I know that is the not popular position on here, but I am only 24, and I would rather just keep the peace in my family

Edited by - NudeLori on 10/28/2006 09:15:58 AM

Page: of 6 Previous Topic: Whatever happened to the women on this forum? Topic Next Topic: No tan lines!!!  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.22 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved