Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 256 ]  [ Total: 256 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Does your family know?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Nude Exercise Topic Next Topic: Why American Seniors Dont Go Nude
Page: of 12

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 01/28/2016 :  09:33:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah ... The Prof was once in favor of telling more people about us. Nowadays, since she's found that many of the family and friends don't have a mature outlook on the subject, she's become more ... "they really don't need to know."

At the same token, if they were to ask, she'd not hide it and be willing to talk about it until they get silly about it then she'd just drop it.

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 01/29/2016 :  1:22:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I totally get that.

I've had many conversations - where simple nudity came up - where the person I was talking to responded in such a "childish" manner ("Eww/OMG that's weird/gross/TMI") that it made any further conversation about it, or "coming out", seem like a hopeless endeavor. And so I've cut it short.
Then there are people who "feign nonchalance" ("I'm okay with it I guess/whatever/to each his own") but their nonchalance is just thinly veiled contempt. I can't deal with contempt either; so it's a "no go" for me.

But I'm the same way if confronted about my nudist ways. When my GF "outed me", one of her friends came to me with very pointed questions about nudism. I willingly answered all her questions honestly. No problem.

To me it's all about "picking your battles." Sometimes it's not worth the effort if you can ascertain that the person is just too obtuse when it comes to nudity. Very rarely have I met someone who's been vividly interested in having a conversation about nudism. And with experience, you can tell if someone is actually interested in the topic or just blowing smoke up your keister. When a co-worker friend of mine started bringing up home-nudism and asking me very rational and practical questions about it, and explaining her thoughts/views/concerns; I understood that her interest was genuine. It's much more productive, to me, to be outspoken with those people.

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 02/01/2016 :  9:38:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Personally, I don't tell anyone unless they happen to ask ... which has never happened. I'm not a proselytizer. I don't particularly WANT to have a conversation with textiles about nudism, because I don't care if anyone else in my circle of friends and relatives joins in or not. If they come to it on their own, that's great, but I don't feel it's my job to sell it. 100% of our nudist friends are people we've met at nudist resorts or beaches (or on this site, of course!). They were naked when we met, and and already 'got it' with no need for awkward and tedious explanations. I have textile friends I've known for 40 years, and if they never participate in social nudism that is totally fine with me. Some people might not agree with my decision to 'compartmentalize' in this fashion, but so far it has worked out very well.

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 02/01/2016 :  10:03:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]Some people might not agree with my decision to 'compartmentalize' in this fashion, but so far it has worked out very well.

Nah...I think compartmentalization is the key to living a balanced life.

If someone's goal was to let everyone know about their nudism - or convince their entire support network to participate in social nudity - would all the friends/relatives lost or alienated be worth it?
Me...I think not.

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 02/02/2016 :  02:39:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's cool NaturistDoc. We all have our ways about us. No way is right or wrong. I myself like to spread the word just to try to get people to be more accepting of it.

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 02/03/2016 :  10:47:19 AM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I have discussed nudism on social media, or discussion boards, but only where my identity is not known. I'd certainly never tell my family or friends. They would not understand. I'd rather be okay with telling some people, but I would never want to tell my family. We all have our secrets.

“I rise early almost every morning and sit in my chamber, without any clothes whatever, half an hour or an hour, according to the season, either reading or writing.”
Ben Franklin

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 02/03/2016 :  10:56:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I understand and agree, in general, with what Doc says but will not allow misunderstanding or misconceptions of nudism to be discussed in my presence. If I hear it in a conversation I am involved in, I will jump in and ask them ... "how do you know this? Have you ever been? Have you ever experienced this?" Usually, they will say, "no, I heard it, I know someone that visited and they said that's the way it is." And I respond ... "I know for a fact that that is NOT the way it is."

Early in our social nudist activities, I wanted everyone to know and the Prof and I would sometimes argue about her wanting to keep it a secret. When she finally felt the need to tell the female half of our friends, they proved to her that they wouldn't be serious about it and we now just keep our nudist friends and textile friends separate.

Sad part is ... the textile friends would really, really like our nudist friends but probably wouldn't want to meet them knowing they are nudists.

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 02/03/2016 :  5:14:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I post about nudism on Facebook all the time now, so all of my family and friends on there know about it. I'm also on a biker site that I describe as "Facebook for bikers" and constantly talk about it there. Every one of my friends on there knows. As a matter of fact, my avatar on that site is a nude photo of me, though I've edited it where it's darkened out any naughty bits. But you can still tell that I'm naked in it.

TallTim
Forum Member

Posted - 02/07/2016 :  12:51:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I went back and reread this thread. Can't believe its been almost ten years! But nothing has changed for me. I don't tell but I also don't deny.

Tim

Nude in AK
Forum Member

Posted - 02/08/2016 :  09:43:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have gotten to the point that if asked, I will freely talk about being nude when ever I can. Otherwise, no I generally do not bring up the subject. Some people just do not understand!

soonbnude
Forum Member

Posted - 02/13/2016 :  7:29:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Apart from my wife my family doesn't know. A bother in law and I sometimes skinny dip in his back yard pool at night but the girls don't partake.

Another sister-in-law would as she got her gear off in Bali a couple of years ago but with 4 teenage kids with us my wife just stayed topless.

I gave that SIL two joke books about skinny dipping and 101 things to do nude at Christmas and while most had a laugh some frowned upon it.

Australia still has a level of English prudishness about it that is sad I feel.

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 03/21/2016 :  11:01:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As I mentioned before, I post about nudism on Facebook, so I'm sure my family all know. Well yesterday I stayed at my mom's because I'd been out drinking and she lives right nearby the bar we were at. I woke up this morning and had to use the bathroom. The bathroom is right outside the bedroom I sleep in, which is on the first floor, so I just walk out naked and go. Well I decided to go get a glass of water. It was still dark, so had to have been around 5 or 6 this morning. I'm not wearing my glasses so I can't see a thing. I look in the kitchen and don't see anyone (or anything for that matter) so I walk to the sink. I notice the coffee pot is on, which means my sister in law is either up or perhaps there is a timer on the coffee pot. I go through the cupboard and get a glass, then pour my water and behind me, I hear a coffee cup set down on the table. She was sitting right at the kitchen table. I just said "oops, sorry, couldn't see you without my glasses". She just replied with "nothing to worry about".

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 05/06/2016 :  03:25:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Next month, I am moving into a new house. My older brother asked me if he can move in with me for a while. He's currently on disability because he was diagnosed with brain cancer (which is going well), so I absolutely said yes. But I warned him that I do not wear clothes and he said he was fine with it. He said in the summer he sometimes doesn't either.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 05/06/2016 :  11:10:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats on the new digs Willy. Hope your brother continues to do well.

Thinking my SIL, wife's older sister, suspects. A couple of things were said and she noticed while here for 5 days and nights. She lives quite close to Mira Vista Resort in Tucson/Marana, AZ. We visited there once and really, really like it and will return many times. It'll be tough being so close and not visit her sister or try and come up with some story about where we stayed... so my wife plans to tell her soon.

Tough part is; they've just reconnected and have a better relationship after close to 20 years. My wife is concerned about her reaction and what it may do to their renewed relationship.

We'll see what happens!

Edited by - FireProf on 05/06/2016 11:11:50 AM

wardt
Forum Member

Posted - 10/25/2016 :  01:24:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The word nudist has never come up. However over the last 2 years since I moved in with my father he knows I almost always sleep naked and prefer to be naked as much as possible. It has become routine for me to after my father goes to bed, get undressed and stay that way until I get around to getting dressed in the morning, which if I have nowhere to be can be quite late. It has become routine for me to wander freely about the house nude during those times, routinely seeing and talking with him. I can safely say however that he would not put up with me doing as I wish I could and be nude all the time at home. He would never put up with me sitting in the living room with him watching tv nude, and not wanting to cause trouble, I would not want to push it.
Until recently however I had not seen him nude. then recently he came out of the bathroom holding a towel in front of him, otherwise nude. Then a couple of days ago was the first time I have ever had a conversation with someone where we were both nude. Though I have preferred being nude all my life it has always been as a home nudist, never having had an opportunity for being naked with other naked people. Mostly in hospital or medical situations, enough people have seen me nude, but only in very rare situations, mostly as a kid , mostly while showering or changing have I been nude with other people who were also nude. Recently my father called me into his bedroom to talk to him. The fact that I was nude was not unusual. What was unexpected however was that he was in the middle of getting dressed and was also nude. He has never before called me in to speak to him while he was nude. I routinely see him in his underwear. Standing there having a conversation with him, with us both nude was a new experience.
What I have since wondered is if he is accepting me nude now, would my father have been willing to let me do this when I was growing up. I have always preferred to be nude, but mostly until the last 2 years have been able to do it when home alone, or sometimes while sleeping as an adult. Spending so much time nude in front of another person is newto me

Edited by - wardt on 10/25/2016 02:20:55 AM

Page: of 12 Previous Topic: Nude Exercise Topic Next Topic: Why American Seniors Dont Go Nude  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.25 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved