Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 438 ]  [ Total: 438 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Does your family know?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Nude Exercise Topic Next Topic: Why American Seniors Dont Go Nude
Page: of 12

wardt
Forum Member

Posted - 11/03/2016 :  03:43:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a difference a week makes. A week ago I was routinely seen nude around the huse by my father before OI got around to getting dressed. Now however, my father has accepted me being nude more and I no longer need to wait until it is time to go to bed. I am now able to spend evenings nude with my father watching tv before going to bed, meaning I can spend a lot more time nude. I was able to watch the lat 3 World Series games nude, something I would never have imagined even a week ago. He is usually dressed though he did spend 1 recent evening in his underwear and with me nude. Finally I get a chance at what I have always wanted, a chance to spend more time nude.

gnarlyoldman
Forum Member

Posted - 11/04/2016 :  12:00:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good for you Wardt. Being naked around other people is a way of being accepted for who we really are. I'm glad your father is not complaining. Now on to being naked around others.

Naked is green.

Nude in AK
Forum Member

Posted - 11/05/2016 :  10:53:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The part of my family that is still alive know that I prefer to be nude when ever possible. What is interesting is the people that I have talked with that say they like to be nude at home, but are not sure that they could be nude with other people. I guess that is more common then not.

ES_DW
Forum Member

Posted - 11/05/2016 :  5:15:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm guessing both of my in-laws now know. My youngest was being very chatty at dinner, and just blurts out "Daddy sleeps naked, and walks around the house naked." My father in-law responded with a chuckle and "Oh really". She then started talking about something our cats did. Later when the kids left the table, nothing was said about being naked in front of the kids.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 11/05/2016 :  9:27:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kids say the darndest things!

I was coaching another grandchild on a cold night. I joked with my wife when she arrived before the game started ... "did you bring my long underwear? It's freezing out here." Our #3 grandchild said to my sister in law, who was visiting and had also come to the game, "I don't know why he wants his underwear, he doesn't wear underwear!" My sister in law had a shocked look on her face and asks my wife ... "is that true?" My wife replied, "yes, hasn't as long as I've known him."

Not long after that, my SIL saw me naked in her home during a visit. Later, we all sat around in robes and talked all day. I guess, according to my wife, that it was pretty obvious I was nude under my robe but I was not exposing myself to her sister. Not sure what she meant but ... the SIL is coming here for Christmas and I'm certain there will be some discussion, usually after a glass or two of wine, about all these revelations!

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 11/06/2016 :  11:13:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats on being able to be nude around your dad Wardt. FireProf, perhaps your SIL is opening up to the idea of nudism? Not for her, but accepting you for being, well, you? I know when I was married, my two SILs knew about my nakedness. The one was from France and was staying with us. She came to my bedroom to ask me something, but I was still asleep. She saw me naked (the covers had apparently come off as I do toss and turn a lot). She mentioned it to my ex. When I asked my ex if she was upset by it (not my ex, her sister), she said not at all. They were from France and she said it was more acceptable over there. Then a night or two later, I came home late and went up to my room to get undressed to go to bed. My SIL was trying to turn the tv on, but it was one of those ones that required two different remotes. She came up to ask me how and I was naked. I just walked with her downstairs, showed her how it worked, and then said goodnight and went to bed.
Then her other sister was staying with us and I came home from work. I worked early in the morning from 4:30am until 12:30pm. I took a nap, woke up, and walked down to the family room, never getting dressed. I completely forgot I was naked and my SIL was there. It wasn't until I sat down in the family room with them and my ex said "look who's naked" that it dawned on me. That sister didn't mind either, so whenever she came to visit afterwards, i was always naked.

As for relatives, my brother and one of my cousins have been hanging out a lot more lately. If I know my cousin is coming over, I will put some clothes on. But sometimes he just pops in. So far, each time he has, I've been sitting with the laptop on my lap, and I always put a towel in between me and the laptop, because it gets hot. So I'm sitting naked with him here, just slightly covered up.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 11/06/2016 :  11:30:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm holding on to the idea that my sister in law, this sister in law, has opened her mind enough to the fact that ALL simple nudity isn't a bad thing and that it doesn't make you automatically a perv.

A story she shared with us had to do with her younger sister's husband. He made a point of telling her that he sleeps nude. That was enough to make her take a step back but then he did other things that really bothered her. He's tried to give her a kiss/peck on the lips when they say goodbye. He's made comments to her about his wife, her sister, about her weight, her unwillingness to be venturous in bed ... things you just don't share. This has made her very uncomfortable to be around him.

After finding out I didn't wear underwear and haven't since she's known me (she's known me as long as my wife has), she still invited us to her new home for a visit and cried when we left. After seeing me naked in the hallway, she still wants to come and stay with us during the Christmas holiday.

I think it has to do more with my personality, my character, that has made my nudity more acceptable for her than the other brother in law. I've told my wife that I will not change the way I live for someone when they come to visit us but I will respect their wishes not to see me completely naked, as we usually are, and I will cover up with a robe but I will not put on PJ bottoms and on rare occasions I will wear my silk boxers instead of the robe but I've not worn PJ's ever and I'm not going to start now! haha

We'll see what happens during her stay at Christmas time. I think she's coming for a week ... that's a long time! I'm certain more incidents of being seen or outed by grandkids will happen and I can only hope that she's open to talking about it and open minded enough to understand it, even though she may not partake. Which is nowhere near where I want this to go!

Edited by - FireProf on 11/06/2016 5:37:35 PM

wardt
Forum Member

Posted - 05/18/2017 :  02:05:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Recently was the first time my father and I have been nude together. I was in my room 1 morning, not having gotten out of bed, yet, nude as I usually am in bed yet when I heard my father calling. He was in the shower and had forgotten a brush that he wanted in the shower, and with some physical problems he has getting back out of the shower to get it would have been inconvenient and difficult, so he called me in to help him get it. He had the shower curtain open, while he was trying to point out what he wanted, and I was looking for it and handed it to him.
That had us for at least a short time together, face to face, both totally nude together, which is a new experience for me. Arather decent number of people have seen me nude, mostly in medical situation,during hospital or doctor visits, but this is the first time I can recall being nude with another nude person. I prefer to be nude whenever possible but it has been mostly at home. I have never had the chance to visit a nudist or clothing opional beach, resort, or other place.

Nudistjen70

Posted - 06/04/2017 :  3:23:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My family knows we are nudist, we really don't hide it from anyone.

Daretobare
Forum Member

Posted - 06/05/2017 :  05:19:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They do now. Conditions were such that my wife and I knew that our one son of 32 was probably going to hear it from outside sources. Curiosity of things were already being questioned. We thought it best come from us then an outsider. We then asked him to keep quiet of it until we disclosed it to his two brothers at the right times. All went well. Better than we expected. In fact two of the three has since become visitors of the resort with the other possible too. But their rules are no nudity around thethem

stealer
Forum Member

Posted - 10/22/2017 :  1:23:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm planning my first visit to a nude resort next summer. This will be my first nude experience in a public or social environment. I don't really see the need to tell friends or family about it anymore than if I was going out of town for the weekend for any other reason, so I'm just keeping it to myself.

steineri
Forum Member

Posted - 10/24/2017 :  03:41:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think I've posted it elsewhere, but since I can't remember, I'll say again: All of my closest friends know that I'm not a fan of clothes, and don't wear underwear. Almost all of them have been naked together at the local clothing optional camp ground. I think the fact it's "optional" helps, since they know nobody cares what they do, or don't wear. I even made my annual Cinco De Mayo party "clothing optional" after the girls left, though I was the only one to actually get naked (margaritas helped).

As far as my family, my mother made a remark about going to "the naked lake" one time, and I know I didn't mention it to her, so it must have been passed through the grapevine from my childhood friend that I've gone with. My immediate family knows I don't wear underwear, but not something we really discuss, unless I'm unzipped, or my crack is hanging out (as it does most of the time).

When we were in Berlin in August, we passed the clothing optional section of the Tiergarten, and my mother commented something about she "guessed that was the naked part of the park!" I made a mental note of where it was, so I could return as soon as we got back to our hotel with my boyfriend, where we sunned, but never told anyone. Not necessarily ashamed, just not something to discuss, which is how I would feel about most people that ask. Gay friends, no problems with, and I'd invite them next time we went to the lake, but coworkers or acquaintances, not something I'd go telling, unless it were to come up organically.

Nude in AK
Forum Member

Posted - 10/24/2017 :  12:46:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My family knows that I prefer to be nude when ever possible, and while it may not be for them, do not see much of an issue with my choices. Having talked with several friends about the subject, most of them have not said much either way. Several of them are OK with my choice and have asked lots of questions. Some have even said that they wish they had the courage to enjoy being nude out of their homes!

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 10/24/2017 :  2:53:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Since my last post, that Christmas visit from my sister in law has come and is long gone ... almost a year ago! During her stay, I did wear only my robe and one day during her very long ... very long, 8 day stay, the 3 of us sat and talked from 8 am til bedtime. We did stop for lunch and dinner but we did talk about lots of things that day and there's still lots of issues that didn't get discussed or resolved.

I reluctantly re-friended her on FB. Her politics and mine do not mesh and I got tired of her posts, but she hounded me about it so she could see my posts about the family and I re-friended her. There are lots and lots of pages of nudism, nudist venues and references to our nudist life on my FB page. If she doesn't get it by now ... she's not all there upstairs!

I think she's returning this Christmas and I suspect that inquiries about my FB likes and such might come up. It is then that we will need to just come right out and tell her so we can freely visit Mira Vista Resort and not worry about her finding out. She only lives about 15 mins from MVR. Difficult to go and be so close and not visit but not until she knows we're nudists, will we visit MVR with her knowing about it. Not my preference but my wife's.

Edited by - FireProf on 10/24/2017 2:54:20 PM

soonbnude
Forum Member

Posted - 10/24/2017 :  3:03:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

FP, invite her along to MVR, see if you can broaden her horizons and learn something new about the freedom of nudity etc. Get her started talking politics to someone you know, not you, who has different views and she may forget about nudity if her opinions are that strong. Just an idea, cheers, SBN.

Page: of 12 Previous Topic: Nude Exercise Topic Next Topic: Why American Seniors Dont Go Nude  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.22 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved