Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 223 ]  [ Total: 223 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 The Society for Understanding Nudism - S.U.N.
 In Criticism Of AANR - How Can We Improve AANR?
 AANR leaves non-paying nudists out in the cold
Previous Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: AANR leaves non-paying nudists out in the cold Topic Next Topic: AANR leadership
Page: of 3

Teva
Forum Member

Posted - 02/17/2009 :  11:21:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From the Clubs AANR Weekly Report February 13, 2009

AANR Helping Clubs and Members - It is always inspiring to learn that the efforts on behalf of members and clubs that your dues and club support make possible have made a difference in the lives of fellow members. This week we’re pleased to bring you news in two cases.

First, we had provided assistance to a club facing legal entanglement from a third party over alleged trademark infringement in the club’s name. By demonstrating that the club has a long history, including lineage with AANR and references in nudist literature from decades ago, we assisted the club in proving there had been no infringement.

Second, we heard from the member/mother of a six year old daughter on the West coast who contacted us some months ago for help in her child custody matter. It was alleged she was an unfit mom for taking the child to the local nude beach. This week we learned that mom has been granted custody, and has full permission to continue bringing her daughter on trips to the beach! We received a very warm thank-you note that serves as a reminder that there are many people who need a credible voice speaking for them on nude issues. Thank you for making that voice possible.

Does this sound like an uncaring organization!

Linda Berry, Director of Publications

The Bulletin

The March issue went to the printer on Tuesday and should start mailing today.

CAROLYN HAWKINS, PUBLIC RELATIONS COORDINATOR

Carolyn is out of the office this week as she is working aboard the Bare Necessities cruise.

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 02/17/2009 :  4:25:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The AANR did a good thing by helping that mother. Still, their move to take over the nudist "industry" cannot be cancelled by good deeds. The two are completely separate issues.

The monopolization of nudism by AANR is blatantly unconstitutional, and against everything America stands for. That is the undeniable problem. AANR could do a kind deed each day to cover up their offenses.

When you unfold the AANR's activities and expose them you'll find two possible things. Their monopolization is done rather quietly, and their good deeds get publicity. I tend to ignore the PR stuff and look more at the inner intentions of a person, or a body of people.

It's the old thing about looking great on the outside, but also being of a malevolent nature on the inside.

I'm a member of AANR, so I have no ax to grind, but I do like fairness, and dislike artificial privilege for certain folks.

I also think that if you have to monopolize in some area, you know that this organization could not obtain this privileged status by using the free enterprise system where competition determines who gets the most business. When an organization bypasses this step, the people lose.

"'Tis our true policy to steer clear of permanent alliances with any portion of the foreign world."

George Washington

nude charles
Forum Member

Posted - 02/17/2009 :  8:28:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Warmskin, I am not informed in this area. Could you spread some info about where AANR is monopolizing? Is there any possibility that no one else is filling the void? What void, I don't know.

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 02/17/2009 :  10:42:47 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Nude Charles,

Thank you for your message. You might turn back a page or two in this discussion and see the Administrator's (Admin) comments. He has some pretty solid information that you are seeking. I am merely commenting on the facts he stated. Hope that helps; if not, please let me know and I'll try to dig up some more for you.

I like your photo, makes me feel warmer, even in the middle of winter!

"'Tis our true policy to steer clear of permanent alliances with any portion of the foreign world."

George Washington

nude charles
Forum Member

Posted - 02/18/2009 :  4:47:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Warmskin. Thanks for the info. You're right; I did not backtrack. Thanks for the compliment. Hopefully spring/summer will come soon. Can't wait to get nude again.

go n nude
Forum Member

Posted - 02/22/2009 :  09:14:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Being a member has its benefits,those who are know the AANR and its being, for the Members and by the Members, this topic is hisstory and years gone by maybe nude beachers should join and enjoy the Benefits of a International body of many members assureing this lifestyle doesn't become Sexism or illegal and we wouldn't be without it and its many Members in North America.

go n nude

Michel
Forum Member

Posted - 01/05/2010 :  12:54:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am a member of aanr, but the tns membership sounds more grass roots, and on the point... Is aanr helping the guy who was making coffee in his home? Or somehow legally challenging the indecent exposure law that gets so many people who r not trying to expose themselves but r caught peeing in a bush or making coffee in ones own home!??

lovdlsol

Posted - 07/02/2010 :  10:27:08 AM  Show Profile  Send lovdlsol a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I guess i am shocked at AANR so where does me membership fee go too. Wow I have been buying a membership since 1997 and now I am wondering about it.So AANR really did not do anything for this club and i think i know why. It's not like a laguna del sol type thingy where if you own the club and you have lots of cash and everyone who comes in to club must jion AANR in order to saty or even vist for a day, I guess you must have the money as a club in order to get the support you need for your as an AANR memeber.
Thats what it sounds like to me. Shame on AANR.

n/a
deleted

Posted - 03/06/2012 :  3:49:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I feel that AANR or any Nudist org. Does very little to be in the public view and public community. How do you expect the public to accept and take you serious if your somewhat of a hidden group. I mean do you ever see nudist articles,nudist advertising anything non sexually nudist related in the public eye. No you do not. If I were to drive through a strip mall and see many stores and shops and an AANR store I would begin to realize nudism is popular and everywhere.

Bob Knows
Forum Member

Posted - 03/06/2012 :  6:18:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
AANR is an organization of commercial nudist resorts. Their interests are to keep nudity illegal in general because if we all could go naked just anywhere we would not need to pay and travel to a special nudist resort. Abolishing laws prohibiting nude in public places would effectively put AANR out of business. Of course they don't do a lot to help the public going nude away from their commercial resorts.

TNS has always been the organization for popular nudity anywhere, free beaches, free hiking, freedom to go naked in our front yard, etc. TNS is not tied to commercial resorts. There is a difference.

Some years ago I toured the US stopping at AANR resorts in many states. That was a while ago, and I don't go any more. I'm more interested in promoting public acceptance of naked human bodies without clothing restrictions. The government should not own and control our bodies.

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: AANR leaves non-paying nudists out in the cold Topic Next Topic: AANR leadership  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.14 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved