Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 117 ]  [ Total: 117 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 The Society for Understanding Nudism - S.U.N.
 In Criticism Of AANR - How Can We Improve AANR?
 AANR leaves non-paying nudists out in the cold
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: AANR leaves non-paying nudists out in the cold Topic Next Topic: AANR leadership
Page: of 3

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 08/02/2005 :  10:32:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Do you think what AANR did in Maryland was in the best interests of nude recreation?

To read the actual transcript of the Maryland Senate meeting in question, click here.

Choices:

Yes, AANR can do no wrong, in my opinion.
Yes, it was the right thing to do, given the circumstances.
I support it, though I feel it was misguided.
I don't care about this stuff.
I'm somewhat unhappy about this.
I am moderately suspicious of foul play here.
I feel strongly that AANR did something wrong.
I'm very upset and considering canceling my AANR membership!

(Anonymous Vote)

go n nude
Forum Member

Posted - 04/27/2006 :  5:45:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you didn't pay Your lawyer, Would you expect him/her to be court to fight for your rights! One can surly say you only get what you pay for! AANR does support its membership, Where is the free lunch!

go n nude

Streaker21
Forum Member

Posted - 05/04/2006 :  9:35:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Streaker21's Homepage  Send Streaker21 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I've been screwed by AANR before so this is no suprise to me....the only thing there good for and the only reason I'm even an AANR member is to get into clubs...THATS IT!! I could care less about AANR!!

balataf
Forum Member

Posted - 05/06/2006 :  12:58:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit balataf's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am letting my ANNR membership lapse from now on. They have no right to try to centralize everything into themselves.

spadoc
Forum Member

Posted - 05/06/2006 :  4:57:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gee Balataf, that's a wonderful idea. If it catches on, then AANR will be no more and one by one, the rights we have won by having a national organization will be lost, clubs will close, beaches will disappear and places to enjoy nude recreation will become extinct. Way to go! An alternative approach might be to continue your membership in AANR, but become involved. If you don't like something, run for a board of directors position in your region, volunteer for a committee. Do something to help out. Or you can try your ostrich approach. The choice obviously is yours.

Walt Iliff

NudeAl
Forum Member

Posted - 05/07/2006 :  10:40:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another alternative is to become a member of The Naturist Society and their legal arm the Naturist Action Committee. This is a group that traditionally does stand up for those nudists who enjoy venues other than the landed clubs. See that is the problem with AANR, they only give a damn about their own bottom line. If you are not a dues paying member or a landed club they couldn't care less about you, despite what they may say. It is their actions that define it. If the concern is about a nude beach or a non-landed non AANR affiliated club they don't care. They even dropped the ball a few years back when they were supposed to be working together with TNS down in Florida.

Bottom line, if you are not a club nudist i.e. most of your nude recreation is spent at a local nude beach, public lands etc. then join TNS they will go to bat for you AANR will not.

"The best dress for walking is nakedness." Colin Fletcher

Edited by - NudeAl on 05/07/2006 3:50:15 PM

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 05/08/2006 :  09:37:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NudeAl

Another alternative is to become a member of The Naturist Society and their legal arm the Naturist Action Committee. This is a group that traditionally does stand up for those nudists who enjoy venues other than the landed clubs. See that is the problem with AANR, they only give a damn about their own bottom line. If you are not a dues paying member or a landed club they couldn't care less about you, despite what they may say. It is their actions that define it. If the concern is about a nude beach or a non-landed non AANR affiliated club they don't care. They even dropped the ball a few years back when they were supposed to be working together with TNS down in Florida.

Bottom line, if you are not a club nudist i.e. most of your nude recreation is spent at a local nude beach, public lands etc. then join TNS they will go to bat for you AANR will not.

Al, NAC is an elected body.

BTW, AANR does care about others than those at a landed club. They've helped me and my nonlanded club in a variety of instances. They've also selected a couple of people for their Marketing Team BECAUSE they have experience in NONLANDED clubs.

They also get involved in public lands, ie, Oregon and Washington state.

Currently, AANR members are voting for the Trustees and other officers of the organization.

If you can afford it, belong to both AANR & TNS. I've been a member of both since 1987.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

NudeAl
Forum Member

Posted - 05/09/2006 :  10:33:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cheri,

Thanks for setting me straight. I did get an email about a beach cleanup in Oregon at Rooster rock state beach that is being sponsered by AANR so I guess I need to do little reasearch first.

spadoc
Forum Member

Posted - 05/11/2006 :  12:10:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Also, check out the AANR sponsored lobbying effort for a nude beach at Assateague in Maryland. Our lobbyist is working very hard to get a section of this public beach set aside for clothing optional use. More venues, public and private which are recognized as clothing optional, helps us all. People who go to a beach, as opposed to a landed club, are just as valuable to AANR as the club members. We want ALL our voices to be heard. The lobbying efforts in Maryland, while viewed as suspiciously self serving, demonstrated to the legislature that nude recreation is mainstream and that while not the only voice of nude recreation, AANR is a very important voice representing VOTERS who want their right to "promote, protect, and enhance family nude recreation in appropriate settings."

Walt Iliff

go n nude
Forum Member

Posted - 05/14/2006 :  3:52:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have 20,000 members of AANR in Canada in the MSA and the WCANR. Severval clubs out west are 100% AANR membership and are proud to be members. I'm sure. Canadians also Have the federation of Canadian Naturists representing Canadians interests in Goverment affairs at all levels, with two voices they're heard indeed.Still no free lunch. Getting what they paid for though.

go n nude

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 05/24/2006 :  04:32:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
AANR doesn't have to be a monopoly to be effective. A strong voice, echoed and supported by other strong voices, makes a much better presentation to decision makers.

AANR becoming a monopoly with the force of written law is a goal born in the offices of AANR's expensive marketing firm. They need to earn their pay and keep the contract, so they give AANR the code of killing your competitors. They never stopped to think of the value of The Naturist Society and countless others that helped shape the face of respectable nudism. The corporate intent here seems to be to entirely uproot any other "voice", even helping to deny other groups a basic right to gather without fear of imprisonment.

This to me is unacceptable, since I am forced to pay AANR for their card for admission to clubs that enforce support to them. Those clubs don't realize they're helping to eliminate businesses like TNS that also support clubs and decent nudism.

Don't get me wrong here. AANR has accomplished PLENTY to be proud of. If I felt the solution was to eliminate them, you'd hear me saying that. But power corrupts, and this is a fine example. Just having the biggest shovel doesn't give one the right to use it to drive all the other kids out of the sandbox.

AANR must be restrained from pulling dirty tricks in secret meeting at the Senators offices, that's all. If they want to be The Golden Voice Of Nudism™, let them speak for all types of nudists, and stop misleading the lawmakers.

Should the Republicans be able to outlaw Democrats? Then why should AANR be allowed to continue outlawing TNS and anyone else that threatens their market share?

Several informed voices make a better chorus than one militant one.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 05/24/2006 :  09:39:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hate to disagree with our Admin, but TNS and AANR do work together in such instances as the Beach cleanups at the Cape Cod Seashore and at the Oregon's Rooster Rock.

The best thing is to support both and to contribute as well to NAC, the Naturist Action Committee, an arm of TNS.

AANR does NOT demand the clubs demand their members hold AANR cards; it's solely up to the clubs. If the club to which you belong is 100% membership club, then that club demands it of you rather than AANR.

TNS doesn't have the manpower or marketing support to get the word out as much as AANR does.

One thing I dislike is that AANR & its Marketing firm regularly forget the small clubs as well as the nonlanded ones.

Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 05/24/2006 :  6:36:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The small clubs and the nonlanded ones, as well as free beaches are a necessary part of the nudist landscape, as many others have expressed. Problem is, there's no money there, and AANR gives mostly lip service.

We don't disagree, Cheri. I'm not suggesting AANR has never taken on joint projects when in the public view.

But attempting to get away with actually outlawing other organizations when they thought no one was watching speaks volumes.

A little beach cleanup doesn't even compare with drafting State law to create a monopoly. While beach cleanups might get some public attention, there is little risk and little effect. State Law determines who stays in business and who loses everything.

I would propose the nudist public work together to root out the reasons these powerful organizations cannot work together for our benefit without hidden agendas to monopolize. This is a very good example to start working on.

StuffedTiger
Forum Member

Posted - 01/03/2007 :  03:36:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think we are seeing only the problem here and ignoring the opportunity. Yes, there is a problem, but the AANR did not create that problem. The fact is that the citizens of Maryland and the North East in general have more conservative attitudes towards nudity than citizens of States in Western USA. There are real political fears to be dealt with here. You can see it in the transcripts.

AANR worked hard for a beach in Maryland, and almost did it, but they failed. They know the territory here. IIRC, nudists have been arrested at the beach on several occasions in the National Park because local laws were applied.

OTOH, the opportunity we have been given here is a clear, simple and well defined way for responsible (and I do mean responsible) nudist groups to get their events chartered by the AANR, which is what the law requires. It does not say you have to be an AANR dues paying member. This is the approach we should be demanding from the AANR. The rest is water under the bridge.

What this law does is give responsible nudists a clear cut way to insure they are LEGAL. For mothers with children and people in visible positions, such as teachers and community leaders, that is a big deal.

There is also the opportunity for nudism to finally come out of the closet here and be recognized for the many benefits it brings. This gives us a way to help the people of Maryland see nudists as they really are, strong, moral, courageous citizens who support their communities and cause property values to increase.

Once the fear is gone, people will be more able to appreciate the constellation of body positive values nudism brings to them as individuals.

go n nude
Forum Member

Posted - 03/16/2007 :  11:04:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Memo of sorts,The AANR welcomes members from Beaches and Clubs and together with Nudists everywhere nude recreation is growing public exceptance and designation of more beaches. Remember 20 years ago you would be arrested hand cuffed and dragged away on a Fla. beach! Slow but sure the times are changing and nude recreation is listed in Travel (State Prov. guides, working hard for Nudism of any label, they started at the top and it shows, we can legally go nude where designated thanks to all Parties and Groups because there is strength in numbers or members of all Nude recreation.

go n nude

Loki
Forum Member

Posted - 08/11/2007 :  11:52:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Loki's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This poll is lacking in adequate range of answers. The missing one at the lower end of the list goes something like this:

This is another action so grossly wrong and abusive of the rights of all nudists and naturists, as to reinforce my choice years ago to lapse a prior membership or never join AANR, even though at times I've wondered about whether nudism would be better off with AANR out of existence as harmful to the larger political and social movements, or present representing a tiny splinter faction in abusive and dangerous ways. By comparison to this repeat of a long pattern of obnoxious political moves, AANR's history of internal management frauds and promotion of illegal discrimination by many member resorts which operate as public accommodations, plus failing to attract three generations of younger and middle aged nudists by lack of suitable programs in its few national events, all pale.

I fall into the former AANR member side of that, where what I saw of petty internal personality based politics left me appreciative of Lee Baxandall's (less commercial than Nicky's apparent aim now) ideological efforts as a benevolent dictator, over AANR's broken democratic structure which was more of a perverse oligarchy.

I've worked enough with NAC to have been invited to become a NACAR, which I'd consider if some family issues and other priorities didn't prevail sometime in the future. It may be more effective to develop stronger ties to ACLU and other groups working for freedom from bad laws based on RRR dogma or which have funding and operational infrastructures to litigate and lobby beyond what NAC or AANR have ever managed. That includes groups working on sexual freedom, speech content censorship as a form of ideological discrimination against the underlying person, and youth related issues, including FSC, NCSF, NCAC, ALA, AU, PFAW, etc. Working to develop child protective standards based on coping skills for the range of diversity in our society, reflecting free and open expression of the full range of reflected civil rights rather than denigrating and censoring millions of people (nudists alongside many sexuality demographics as RRR targets) into invisible second class status, is important for recognition that in excess of 30% of US parents subject kids to what are in effect pathological models based on or intended to indoctrinate broken dogma whose supremacist hate cult core is incompatible with emotionally healthy or mature function in any diverse society.

That kind of social change cannot happen by small nudist organizations repeatedly shooting themselves in the foot, but requires massive alliances and working coalitions with larger organizations, to get open skyclad or other overtly religious practices (subject to Free Exercise rights in addition to others), other expressive forms of "nudity", and the generic right to be free of biases from other people's religions such as that inherent in so much as defining "nudity" around select sexual or excretory body parts, into the mainstream of civil rights work. A trade association working against those rights, and promoting the same style of bigotry as do RRR groups with only minor adjustments to where it draws lines in the sand which cannot be drawn at all while protecting civil rights honestly and fully, cannot do what's needed.

Is it possible for AANR to grow up and mature, when that calls for tossing the old saws defaming sexually liberated nudists, and other potential allies sharing civil rights interests but not social or ideological "nudity" interests, or are we better off hoping that AANR dies off, and the sooner the better?

"Not all the Greek runners in the original Olympics were totally naked. Some wore shoes." Mark Twain

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: AANR leaves non-paying nudists out in the cold Topic Next Topic: AANR leadership  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.48 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved